PDA

View Full Version : Hibs' Next Manager

Brads Laing
30-09-2010, 08:45 AM
I posted a poll on this subject a few weeks ago and taking into consideration what other members have been saying about more potential managers here is my new list of possible managers that hibs could get and afford. I have also put the options of keeping yogi and other in, if other please specify who.

Thecat23
30-09-2010, 08:47 AM
I posted a poll on this subject a few weeks ago and taking into consideration what other members have been saying about more potential managers here is my new list of possible managers that hibs could get and afford. I have also put the options of keeping yogi and other in, if other please specify who.

Is it me or isn't there a list on this post?

I woulnd't mind Gareth Southgate to be honest.

wazoo1875
30-09-2010, 08:48 AM

Where is this mythical list :confused:

wazoo1875
30-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Ahh it's there now :greengrin

Brads Laing
30-09-2010, 08:50 AM
The list of new managers is in the poll

Beefster
30-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I'd be happy enough with Mowbray, Collins, Coleman or Toshack but I doubt any of them would come to Hibs.

I don't want any current SPL manager.

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2010, 08:52 AM
I'd like Jose Mourinho.

bobbyhibs1983
30-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I tihnk IF and i mean a big if yogi was to leave or was booted i think we need a manager who shll i say was older than per average, whatever average is.our last few managers have little or no experince witch i feel might have went against them some what.

as with regards the O.P list i dont wanna go down ex hibs managers route.doubt strachan would leave his post and none of the other managers appeal to me to be honest.

would it be worth petrie opening the cheque book and get a very good wage guy in?

bawheid
30-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Is this a serious suggestion? Sack Yogi and replace him with Billy Brown or Terry Butcher?

:faf:

If Hughes is sacked I'd like to see Hibs go for Sir Alex Ferguson. If he doesn't hit the ground running through, I'd want him out by Christmas.

Brads Laing
30-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Is this a serious suggestion? Sack Yogi and replace him with Billy Brown or Terry Butcher?

:faf:

If Hughes is sacked I'd like to see Hibs go for Sir Alex Ferguson. If he doesn't hit the ground running through, I'd want him out by Christmas.
As i said at the start they are only in there because of previous suggestions from other members on the past posts. They wouldn't be my choice either.

JoeT
30-09-2010, 09:00 AM
I'd like Jose Mourinho.

Can he be added to the list?

Mac
30-09-2010, 09:11 AM
This is clearly a wind up!!!

Since90+2
30-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Martin O'Neill or John Lambie :wink:

Andy74
30-09-2010, 09:29 AM
What's the deal with McInnes? Is his record so far better than what Hughes's was at the same stage?

flash
30-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Jeez, one look at that list of no marks makes me even more hopeful that yogi turns things around.

Brads Laing
30-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Jeez, one look at that list of no marks makes me even more hopeful that yogi turns things around.
No marks? Gordon Strachan won 3 league championships in 4 years at celtic, craig brown is an ex scotland manager, jimmy claderwood steered aberdeen to many top 4 finishes, tony mowbray led us to 3rd place in his first season at the club, john collins won us the cis cup within 6 months with us, michael o'niell guided shamrock rovers to their best finish in years and billy reid, derek mcinnes and terry butcher are in better positions with their small clubs than yogi was with falkirk when he took over.

flash
30-09-2010, 12:12 PM
No marks? Gordon Strachan won 3 league championships in 4 years at celtic, craig brown is an ex scotland manager, jimmy claderwood steered aberdeen to many top 4 finishes, tony mowbray led us to 3rd place in his first season at the club, john collins won us the cis cup within 6 months with us, michael o'niell guided shamrock rovers to their best finish in years and billy reid, derek mcinnes and terry butcher are in better positions with their small clubs than yogi was with falkirk when he took over.

Strachan won a 2 team league, look at the rest of his achievements. Craig Brown is about 95. Jimmy Calderwood was run out of Pittodrie. Mowbray is a broken man. JC walked out on us. As for the rest no marks without a doubt.

Dunbar Hibee
30-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I'd love Chris Coleman to be Hibs manager.

Hibercelona
30-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Shabba :tin hat:

The_Todd
30-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Do keep up, this is so last week.

silverhibee
30-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Slavan Billic.

Golden Bear
30-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Shabba :tin hat:

He's recently been appointed as Manager of Charleroi so he'll bore their fans to death no doubt.

sesoim
30-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Do keep up, this is so last week.

or next week....

sesoim
30-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Strachan won a 2 team league, look at the rest of his achievements. Craig Brown is about 95. Jimmy Calderwood was run out of Pittodrie. Mowbray is a broken man. JC walked out on us. As for the rest no marks without a doubt.

And in spite of that most of them are still better than Hughes. Can you show me how Hughes has a better record than, say, Calderwood?

If Hughes wasn't a "working class hero" from Leith with loads of Hibs pals who enjoy his "banter", he wouldn't be here.

sesoim
30-09-2010, 06:50 PM
What's the deal with McInnes? Is his record so far better than what Hughes's was at the same stage?

:agree: I'd agree with you on that point. But then again, would Hibs have lost 5-1 against St Johnstone with McInnes in charge of Hibs? I don't particularly rate McInnes, and I don't think he'd fit in here, but I don't think he'd lost all grasp of reality tactics-wise like what Hughes has.

Petrie's Tache
30-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Slavan Billic.

Good shout.

Luggy for me with sloop as his no 2.

hibsdaft
30-09-2010, 08:57 PM
what a lot of pish.

don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Brads Laing
01-10-2010, 08:22 AM
I find it funny how every one of you have been complaining about hughes for weeks and mentioned some managers you would take and now you say that you would rather keep yogi, make up your mind

flash
01-10-2010, 08:34 AM
And in spite of that most of them are still better than Hughes. Can you show me how Hughes has a better record than, say, Calderwood?

If Hughes wasn't a "working class hero" from Leith with loads of Hibs pals who enjoy his "banter", he wouldn't be here.

If the punters on here are an example of his pals then i would hate to meet his enemies.

bawheid
01-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Slavan Billic.

What? The Croatia national side's manager? That's almost as good as the folk suggesting Martin O'Neill!

I'm with Blackpool Hibs. Let's go for Jose Mourhino.

I find it funny how every one of you have been complaining about hughes for weeks and mentioned some managers you would take and now you say that you would rather keep yogi, make up your mind

Yogi winning by an absolute street at the moment. :agree:

heretoday
01-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Looking at the list it's clear that there is no alternative to Yogi sticking it till Xmas at least and hope for an upturn in fortune.

I don't think any of the possibles on the list would come to ER right now anyway except Calderwood and who wants him?

Saorsa
01-10-2010, 09:00 AM
I find it funny how every one of you have been complaining about hughes for weeks and mentioned some managers you would take and now you say that you would rather keep yogi, make up your mindEverybody that wants Hughes tae stay have voted for that so it's pretty obvious he would have the highest single % but it's still less than 22% of the votes polled. The other vote is divided by a choice of 14 other options so it would seem pretty obvious that they would have less each but that still totals over 75% who would rather have somebody else. How does 22% mean more people want him tae stay?

bawheid
01-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Everybody that wants Hughes tae stay have voted for that so it's pretty obvious he would have the highest single % but it's still less than 22% of the votes polled. The other vote is divided by a choice of 14 other options so it would seem pretty obvious that they would have less each but that still totals over 75% who would rather have somebody else. How does 22% mean more people want him tae stay?

By that argument, if Hibs appointed Derek McInnes, 93% would be against the appointment or want someone else.

The poll asks who people want as Hibs manager.

Hibby D
01-10-2010, 09:26 AM

Not classy enough for Hibs - cannae speak posh likes, ken?:greengrin