PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 4 Celtic 1

oregonhibee
28-09-2010, 10:55 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~fc77/

The Hibee name and family is traveling well a team I played for in Portland, Oregon ,USA. has renamed itself FC 77 Hibernian.

Unbeaten this season they just beat a team called Celtic 4-1 to go top of the league!

If anyone is interested in following us enter the link above and enter on the Hibernian name.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2010, 11:07 PM

The Hibee name and family is traveling well a team I played for in Portland, Oregon ,USA. has renamed itself FC 77 Hibernian.

Unbeaten this season they just beat a team called Celtic 4-1 to go top of the league!

If anyone is interested in following us enter the link above and enter on the Hibernian name.

Great stuff S :thumbsup:

Go FC77 :greengrin

oregonhibee
28-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Great stuff S :thumbsup:

Go FC77 :greengrin

Forgot to say if you are on the blog site
go into the team song!

GLORY GLORY To the Hibees!

Gala Foxes
29-09-2010, 05:00 AM
Reminds me of the late 70's when we cuffed that mob from the West 4-1, my memories of the game are :

Supermac & Tom McAdam "colliding"
Pitch invasion from the Dunbar End
Tony Higgins & Bobby Hutchinson scoring
Bukta shirt

delbert
29-09-2010, 08:20 AM
I was at that game too, certainly remember those manks coming over the wall, did'nt Alex McGhee score a couple for us that day?, stand to be corrected on that one though.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Good to see Dev alahan has lost a bit of weight, and getting involved in sport again.

Hiber-nation
29-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Reminds me of the late 70's when we cuffed that mob from the West 4-1, my memories of the game are :

Supermac & Tom McAdam "colliding"
Pitch invasion from the Dunbar End
Tony Higgins & Bobby Hutchinson scoring
Bukta shirt

What a game....my 19th birthday :greengrin

I remember getting trampled on in the old North Enclosure when we scored the 4th, not that I was too bothered!

marinello59
29-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I was at that game too, certainly remember those manks coming over the wall, did'nt Alex McGhee score a couple for us that day?, stand to be corrected on that one though.

One I think.

I got chased outside the ground that day by Celtic fans, managed to get up to Waverley to catch my train to Weegiville where I was at college and was then chased down the stairs by Hibs fans who assumed I was one of the great unwashed. Just call me lucky. :greengrin
I still maintain it wasn't the incident on the pitch that sparked the invasion but that they were merely copying the actions of the Huns who, IIRC, had invaded the pitch a few weeks previously at Fir Park in an attempt to get a game they were losing abandoned.

RIP
29-09-2010, 12:17 PM

Out of interest mate - have you ever bumped into John Milne, a guid Hibby works as a civil engineer for Clark County, WA? Has played football in the past - now retired

oregonhibee
29-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Out of interest mate - have you ever bumped into John Milne, a guid Hibby works as a civil engineer for Clark County, WA? Has played football in the past - now retired

Sorry m8 havn't come across him. Did meet a good hibby stayed in Battleground in WA also the great Harry Swan's grandson who told me he always uses the trivia question " which british team was the first to play in europe?"

Jonnyboy
29-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Sorry m8 havn't come across him. Did meet a good hibby stayed in Battleground in WA also the great Harry Swan's grandson who told me he always uses the trivia question " which british team was the first to play in europe?"

:greengrin

RIP
29-09-2010, 11:26 PM

Give him a bell then - he's in the white pages at 106th Ct - John and Pam. Tell him Gogs Mackay said it was OK :greengrin