PDA

View Full Version : Opening of new stand

Hibby70
28-09-2010, 08:37 PM
watching the chelsea game reminded me, what ever happened to the glamour tie to officially open the east. Marseille would be a good one as long as Franck got to lead them out.

Mikey
28-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Still to be announced. Might come out at the AGM.

PaulSmith
28-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Still to be announced. Might come out at the AGM.

I kind of hope that nothing is done to mark the east stand, if the team were flying then yes but it will be seen as celebrating another massive expenditure whilst not investing in the team and could backfire big time

Hibby70
28-09-2010, 08:48 PM
the stars of yesteryear could have a penalty shootout. Winner gets the job.

Jones28
28-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Aye but...we wouldve got HUMPED :slipper:

Westie1875
28-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I kind of hope that nothing is done to mark the east stand, if the team were flying then yes but it will be seen as celebrating another massive expenditure whilst not investing in the team and could backfire big time

:agree: The circumstances are not right for such an event, or even an announcement of it at the moment.

Hibs On Tour
28-09-2010, 11:18 PM
:agree: The circumstances are not right for such an event, or even an announcement of it at the moment.

IMHO that's a crock. There will always be a reason not to have it at any given point - playing too many games anyway, players could get injured, takes their eye off the ball, etc - problem is that if we delay too much longer the idea of it being a celebration of the 'opening' of the stand becomes a nonsense. Its something we should celebrate - ffs we have little enough else to cheer about at present surely?

Next free Saturday from Internationals we should organise it for. Against who I haven't the scoobiest. One of the big names from Europe we played against in the past? Perhaps no point as their big names would maybe be away on International duty. A select XI might be a better idea with a 'Hibs' manager - perhaps Eddie Turnbull?

Removed
28-09-2010, 11:49 PM
watching the chelsea game reminded me, what ever happened to the glamour tie to officially open the east. Marseille would be a good one as long as Franck got to lead them out.

I'll settle for us giving the :vladsheep: a humping on 7th November :greengrin

Wilson
29-09-2010, 02:01 AM
Ridiculous idea. The moment has passed. The last thing our threadbare squad needs is to get humped in a friendly. We should concentrate on the more pressing matter of not getting relegated!

banarc7062
29-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Think its against Hibs Ladies so they can show off their Scottish Cup :greengrin

Steve20
29-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Pointless. The stand has been open for a few games now.

Bookkeeper
29-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Needs to be against Ajax, Barcelona or Man Utd. so we can compare how we're progressing :wink: