PDA

View Full Version : Poll on Safestanding

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 05:43 PM
In a seperate thread from about the group I would like to conduct a poll on the subject, not the group.

I want to know what Hibs.net fans opinions are as Hibs.net is massive forum and would give us an indicator of Hibernian fans feelings towards the issue and a indicator nation wide.

Thank you for taking part in the poll:thumbsup:

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Amazingly one sided so far, this has been repeated on two Polls on talkceltic.net, one in 2008 and one started by me.

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Keep the votes coming :thumbsup:

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Over a period of time the users of Talkceltic.net have shown there support for a standing section at there club and for them to be reintroduced in the SPL.

Results took today.
Would you like to have the choice to stand at Celtic matches?

...Yes and I would stand 72.00%

I'm not bothered 10.00%

No 6.00%

Yes but I would probably still sit 12.00%

This shows that 84% of talkceltic users are in support of our cause and a huge 74% would occupy a new standing area.

Poll took in 2008

View Poll Results: Bring back standing at Celtic Park?

Yes 81.61%

No 18.39%

This again shows the support for our cause in the 80% region for Celtic fans.

If this is the pattern repeated all over Scotland then the support we have for our cause overwhelming.

Kevvy1875
28-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Amazingly one sided so far, this has been repeated on two Polls on talkceltic.net, one in 2008 and one started by me.

Do all the SPL forums and email the links to the powers that be? Probably the easiest way to show them what fans really want and in the biggest volume possible. Some people who like the idea but cant be bothered of the hassle of following the links etc could then be counted. Easy for them to hit a vote button on their own fans forum.

It will mean you have to open an account on JamboSickback though which although an utterly revolting prospect is an end to a means:greengrin

Good luck btw. I miss the old east which was as good as standing and I would love for that to be incorparated into one of the modern stands at ER.

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 08:05 PM
I have one diet huns .net

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I have one diet huns .net

In that case you'll need to have a "sittin on the crush barrier strummin ma banjo" option on your poll then.... :greengrin

Antifa Hibs
28-09-2010, 08:50 PM
Whats your plans with then m8?

Planning on taking the results to SPL/SFA, Scottish Government etc?

(((Fergus)))
28-09-2010, 09:05 PM
FC Zurich fans removed a large section of seats from the Südkurve of their Letzigrund Stadium in a protest against the banning of standing areas in Swiss grounds.

http://www.footballculture.nl/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/fcz-1.jpg

http://www.footballculture.nl/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/fcz-2.jpg

http://www.footballculture.nl/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/fcz-4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEicq1G1sVQ&

SPL STAND UP
29-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Whats your plans with then m8?

Planning on taking the results to SPL/SFA, Scottish Government etc?

I am not sure as of yet but certainly shall be getting saved and used as evidence in any future dialogue.

SPL STAND UP
29-09-2010, 08:44 PM
A big thank you to everyone who voted, no matter what optio you voted for !

hibeedonald
29-09-2010, 08:49 PM
that fc zurich thing is brilliant!

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Not sure that the safety aspect counts for much nowadays TBH. If you took all the seats out of New St Mirren Park, apart from the traditional stand, that may take the capacity to near 10,000 without costing them much money, nor compromising on safety. Also, if you look at the old seated part of Tannadeechay, that is just plain dangerous.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 08:44 AM
With the stadium completed i doubt hibs would see much commerical sense in re-introducing standing.

Plenty talk about lots of people coming back if they can stand but I severely doubt that it would be transalted to higher crowds. You either want o come and watch Hibs or you don't.

I can't see us paying out on anyhting that wouldn't have sufficient benefit.

khib70
30-09-2010, 09:51 AM
With the stadium completed i doubt hibs would see much commerical sense in re-introducing standing.

Plenty talk about lots of people coming back if they can stand but I severely doubt that it would be transalted to higher crowds. You either want o come and watch Hibs or you don't.

Absolutely right. This has been a dead duck for twenty odd years and should be left that way. Standing will never be reintroduced and anyone who wants it is living in a highly romanticised historical dreamworld.

Steve-O
30-09-2010, 10:09 AM

Some people want more than simply to sit and watch the game like zombies, especially when the standard is utter garbage like at the moment.

The standard of the A-League is even worse, but I enjoy going to the games because I go to the standing section and feel part of something, rather than just sitting blankly watching the game.

You can argue that you can sit and sing in your seat all you like, but it is not the same by a long shot.

Hibby D
30-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Absolutely right. This has been a dead duck for twenty odd years and should be left that way. Standing will never be reintroduced and anyone who wants it is living in a highly romanticised historical dreamworld.

A bit disrespectful no?

Steve-O
30-09-2010, 10:20 AM

And anyone who doesn't even think fans should have the choice (irrespective of whether it will happen, in your opinion) is living in a highly narrow-minded selfish boring nightmare world...

K.Marx
30-09-2010, 11:07 AM
anyone who wants it is living in a highly romanticised historical dreamworld.

Emm historical? You do realise safe standing is implemented in various European countries presently yes? Not much "historical" about that.

Kaiser_Sauzee
30-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I voted for bringing standing areas back.

I think this movement is symptomatic of a certain generation of fans longing for the matchday experience that we used to enjoy before Sky began to ruin everything. There is a growing swell of discontent.

The supporters want their game back.

Green_one
30-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Emm historical? You do realise safe standing is implemented in various European countries presently yes? Not much "historical" about that.

I am not against people trying to change things but I think its pretty unlikely. I have not seen any economic case argued for clubs incurring the cost of changing to terracing. I think standing in front of seats if just a half baked compromise.

The fact that some europeans have done it is not always a good indicator. The UK position was pushed forward by some disasters, not least Leppings Lane. In case people have failed to notice, Health & Safety is the new religeon for some and almost non negociable in some cases. I cannot see how you can sucessfully argue that standing is as safe or safer than sitting. A lot easier to spot trouble for example in seating. Especially difficult if the terracing has been designed for sitting. I for one would not now want to stand in the new east, given its much steeper set-up. The other stands might be OK.

Money and safety are the keys. Atmosphere etc are intangibles. Happy to be convinced but I do not recall standing being a great experience except when you had large crowds. Then they were great if you were an adult and could stand your ground when required. Still scary at times especially when exiting stadia. People paid EXTRA to sit. Will anyone pay extra to stand - I think not.

khib70
01-10-2010, 08:49 AM
A bit disrespectful no?
Eh?

Compared to what people routinely call each other on this board, it's hardly the ultimate in withering insults:confused:

Man A: I put it to you, Sir, that you are living in a highly romanticised historical dreamworld

Man B: (slapping Man A in face with glove)Damn your eyes, Sirrah, I demand satisfaction!

I was merely pointing out that people who have a bee in their bonnet about standing at football have a selective memory about what it was actually like, and that there is absolutely zero chance of it happening.

Yes, some European grounds have limited standing space. But they have to reseat it or close it for any European tie. As a club with ambitions to play in Europe, we could be doing a lot better things with our money IMO.

Hibby D
01-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Eh?

Compared to what people routinely call each other on this board, it's hardly the ultimate in withering insults:confused:

Man A: I put it to you, Sir, that you are living in a highly romanticised historical dreamworld

Man B: (slapping Man A in face with glove)Damn your eyes, Sirrah, I demand satisfaction!

I was merely pointing out that people who have a bee in their bonnet about standing at football have a selective memory about what it was actually like, and that there is absolutely zero chance of it happening.

Yes, some European grounds have limited standing space. But they have to reseat it or close it for any European tie. As a club with ambitions to play in Europe, we could be doing a lot better things with our money IMO.

Over the top response to my comment. I said it was "a bit disrespectful", not an ultimate in withering insults :rolleyes:

I look forward to reading your response to Steve-O's post, who's criticism of your comments was a heap more flowery than mine :wink:

Steve-O
01-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Eh?

Yes, we shoudn't bother listening to a sizeable minority of fans because we have 1 UEFA Cup tie every 5 years...:confused:

I'll say again, nobody is suggesting we revert to the terraces of the old days, but having the OPTION to stand, whether it be in front of the seat, or in an actual non seated area, would be a very welcome change.

Hibstrooper
01-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Over the top response to my comment. I said it was "a bit disrespectful", not an ultimate in withering insults :rolleyes:

I look forward to reading your response to Steve-O's post, who's criticism of your comments was a heap more flowery than mine :wink:

I didn't think it was an over the top response.

On the topic - I wouldn't be opposed to standing however probably wouldn't do it myself. Can't see where we would put a standing section - all the stands are probably too steep now.

Hibby D
01-10-2010, 12:02 PM
I didn't think it was an over the top response.

It was in comparison to his response to Steve-O :greengrin

On the topic - I wouldn't be opposed to standing however probably wouldn't do it myself. Can't see where we would put a standing section - all the stands are probably too steep now.

My views don't differ from yours but the point is that the people who have started this group (and by all accounts getting a fair bit of support for their cause) should be applauded. If not for their enthusiasm, then for simply getting off their erky's and doing something about it :agree:

I simply thought khib70's initial contribution was akin to p'ssing on their parade

hibs0666
01-10-2010, 12:06 PM

The benefit is demonstrating that you care about customer choice and customer preferences. If punters want standing areas then standing areas they should get.

Kaiser_Sauzee
01-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Seems that us Hibbys can turn any discussion into bickering these days. :boo hoo:

Hibby D
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Seems that us Hibbys can turn any discussion into bickering these days. :boo hoo:

No we don't! :greengrin

Andy74
01-10-2010, 02:43 PM
The benefit is demonstrating that you care about customer choice and customer preferences. If punters want standing areas then standing areas they should get.

I prefer to see a Hibs team winning now and again, when do Hibs get round to guaranteeing that? :greengrin