PDA

View Full Version : Reintroduction of standing at SPL matches

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Hello users of Hibs.net.

19 days ago I setup a Facebook group to show support for the reintroduction of standing at SPL matches. In this short space of time the group has rocketed to over 1100 members !

We invite fans of every club and indeed division to show support to our group. Even if you personally do not wish to stand other do, and those fans should be catered for and given a CHOICE to sit or stand.

The Group advocates following the much talked about German and Austrian "Safestanding" terracing model. This would allow Scottish football fans to view the match standing in a safe enviroment. We also wish to see the scrapping of the 6000 thousand covered seat rule with no terracing for SFL clubs who are promoted to the SPL. Why should fans be punished for success ?

We are currently running an MSP email campaign, there is an email template available to use on the "event page". So far we have recived replies from a number of MSP's which include:

Hugh O'Donnel MSP "From a purely personal perspective, provided there were adequate safety measures in place I would have no objections."

Kenneth Gibson MSP"...if some fans wish to stand then they should be catered for, if it's possible to do so safely. The issues that led to all seated stadiums have declined somewhat and if a section of a ground can be safely made into terracing - for season ticket holders perhaps, although not, I would suggest, away fans - then it should be looked at."

The group shall in the near future be undertaking various methods to show our views to the wider public and build support.

Please join the group and subscribe to our Youtube Channel.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151038524916484

http://www.youtube.com/user/BringBackStanding

Thank you everyone at Hibs.net.

We also have an email if you wish to contact us reintroductionofstanding@live.com

Bobby's Cinema
28-09-2010, 03:43 PM

SouthMoroccoStu
28-09-2010, 03:54 PM
sit down. can't see the game!

:wink:

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 03:58 PM
sit down. can't see the game!

While that was tongue in cheek it actually is another very valid point.

Fans who wish to stand presently at football matches sometimes indeed stand in a seating area as the SPL refuse to cater for there needs. Sometimes when doing this it blocks the view of other fans causing uneeded friction between fellow fans !

Safe standing terracing is the common sense soloution.

Littlest Hobo
28-09-2010, 04:00 PM
So we finally build our lovely new all seater stadium and now you want to rip it apart again? :rolleyes:

Were aboots would we put standing in our stadium now??????

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 04:10 PM
So we finally build our lovely new all seater stadium and now you want to rip it apart again? :rolleyes:

If the law is changed to allow the building of safe standing terracing in the SPL then depending on the demand of people wanting to stand at Hibernian then that would dictate where Hibernian would build it and after fan consultation where to build it, I would imagine so being the driving factors in any future development of safe standing terracing at your club.

.Sean.
28-09-2010, 04:13 PM

Couldn't we adapt the front four rows of the new East?

Or the bottom tier of the Famous Five?

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 05:38 PM
We need as many fans on board so please join up !

HFC 0-7
28-09-2010, 05:44 PM

That would mean that we would need to take out the 2 or 3 rows behind that? Not to rain on everyones parade but I think this will be quite a big thing to implement which would probably require funds from Hibs to create. The new safety certificate for the east stand is for an all seated stadium which would probably need to be amended at a cost and possibly because of the incline of the east a safety certificate may not be passed, perhaps the standing area would need to be in one of the other stands?

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 05:54 PM
That would mean that we would need to take out the 2 or 3 rows behind that? Not to rain on everyones parade but I think this will be quite a big thing to implement which would probably require funds from Hibs to create. The new safety certificate for the east stand is for an all seated stadium which would probably need to be amended at a cost and possibly because of the incline of the east a safety certificate may not be passed, perhaps the standing area would need to be in one of the other stands?

Think we should focus on campaigning for a rule change first before looking at it, if and where a section would be built at Easter Road.

Lofarl
28-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Joined. Well Celtic seem to be taking great strides in adopting standing areas for away fans. As large chunks of the away end are without seating.

LaMotta
28-09-2010, 05:56 PM

Would work best in the FF lower I would imagine

Judas Iscariot
28-09-2010, 06:00 PM
Facebook is for desperados and billy nae mates..

I dinnae have it!

So how do I support this?

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 06:05 PM

I dinnae have it!

Hi, we are aware lots of football fans don't have Facebook but it is the best medium for us to quickly contact huge numbers of people. In the near future we may have an independent website.

At the moment you can join our MSP email campaign.

To find your MSPs email you can use, www.theyworkforyou.com (http://www.theyworkforyou.com)

The email template here is to be adjusted to your needs.

Dear *******,

I am ******* and I am a supporter of our national
game football and it is on that subject that I am writing to you today. I
am also a member of a group on facebook (Link at the bottom of email)
that has the aim of bring standing at football games back to the game
and that is why I am writing to you today because I believe that you can
help me and my fellow fans achieve this.

Many people believe
that standing at football is dangerous due to terrible disasters such as
the Ibrox Disasters and Hillsbourgh Disaster, but this is not true. As
currently in Germany in many of there stadia they are using the way of
Safe Terracing. This allows the stadium to be safe but making sure that
the game keeps all it's traditions and the atmosphere is still great as
it should be. There are also other added benefits to using Safe
Terracing. Another benefit is that it leads to lower ticket price as is
shown in Germany this means that the game will keep it's connection with
those that have always shown much love for it the working class. Lower
ticket price would help protect our clubs as well as lower prices
meaning more fans could attend matches more reguarly. These are just a
few added benefits to using the safe terracing at football matches.

I hope that you will support us in our aim. I look forward to your reply.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151038524916484 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151038524916484)

Yours sincerely,

K.Marx
28-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Would work best in the FF lower I would imagine

would love to see the noisier element of our support move to the FF to create a home end such as The Stretford, Kop or Holte Ends... cant see it catching on though :boo hoo:

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Our logo in green.

Feel free to use it as avatars/profile pics whatever you desire

httphttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs689.snc4/62934_1187762792452_1779780912_369664_5732091_n.jp g (http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs689.snc4/62934_1187762792452_1779780912_369664_5732091_n.jp g)

LaMotta
28-09-2010, 06:24 PM
would love to see the noisier element of our support move to the FF to create a home end such as The Stretford, Kop or Holte Ends... cant see it catching on though :boo hoo:

:agree:

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Feel free topost up on any other hibs/football forum and share it with your pals. All clubs united for change !

Keith_M
28-09-2010, 06:31 PM

That would defo be the easiest place to implement this.

One other reason that germany has standing areas is to provide the option of cheaper tickets for part of the stadium, thereby opening up games to a wider range of icomes. I'd be in favour of this but suspect the clubs would be against it because of worries over reduced income.

.Sean.
28-09-2010, 06:41 PM

I dinnae have it!

FINALLY, somebody else shares my sentiments regarding Facebook!

.Sean.
28-09-2010, 06:42 PM
That would be superb! :agree:

SPL STAND UP
28-09-2010, 06:46 PM
In future we may be asking fans of every club who support our cause to do a banner in support of the reintroduction of standing, just a simple message banner.

Would users of Hibs.net in the future be up for it ?

hibeeleicester
28-09-2010, 08:59 PM
In future we may be asking fans of every club who support our cause to do a banner in support of the reintroduction of standing, just a simple message banner.

Would users of Hibs.net in the future be up for it ?

Im sure the 12th man group would give you a hand :agree:

http://www.hibs12thman.co.uk/

Littlest Hobo
28-09-2010, 09:40 PM
You can stand/sit anywere you like when the stadium is half empty:agree:

We sat in the East against Hamilton last weekend. We sat near the away end first half and then moved to the other end second(for all the good it done):greengrin

Benny Brazil
28-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Whilst I support the idea of re-introducing standing in football grounds - I think Scottish football in general has much bigger and more important issues to deal with.

Sorry - but good luck with your campaign.

HibbyKeith
28-09-2010, 10:38 PM

:top marks add me to that list of yours sean.

Steve-O
29-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Au contraire, people with no Facebook are the billy nae mates...don't want to be seen with their 3 friends only :wink:

Joined up and sent 100 invites so hopefully it grows to a sizeable number...

Beefster
29-09-2010, 10:56 AM
If the law is changed to allow the building of safe standing terracing in the SPL then depending on the demand of people wanting to stand at Hibernian then that would dictate where Hibernian would build it and after fan consultation where to build it, I would imagine so being the driving factors in any future development of safe standing terracing at your club.

As long as the fans in question want to contribute towards it and it doesn't affect the product on the park, I've no objections. I'd be pretty pissed off though, if a Hibs manager turned round and said "we have to live within our means and you can see the results on the park because we've been developing that standing bit". We just suffered that from the redevelopment of the East (which was essential as opposed to a 'nice to have').

I am constantly surprised though, that considering how ***** Scottish football is and how many other problems there are (OF dominance, financials etc etc), that folk see standing as a priority.

Antifa Hibs
29-09-2010, 11:03 AM
As long as the fans in question want to contribute towards it and it doesn't affect the product on the park, I've no objections. I'd be pretty pissed off though, if a Hibs manager turned round and said "we have to live within our means and you can see the results on the park because we've been developing that standing bit". We just suffered that from the redevelopment of the East (which was essential as opposed to a 'nice to have').

I am constantly surprised though, that considering how ***** Scottish football is and how many other problems there are (OF dominance, financials etc etc), that folk see standing as a priority.

Probably as its the only thing that can be changed, and very easily aswell, and there is plenty demand for it.

How can the SPL change OF dominance and finances?

Benny Brazil
29-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Probably as its the only thing that can be changed, and very easily aswell, and there is plenty demand for it.

Kick them out of the Scottish game. Like we should have done when we had the opportunity.

HenryMonk
29-09-2010, 11:51 AM

Did you think you were alone, for every facebooker there is 5 non.

Facebook- CIA's greatest invention!

easty
29-09-2010, 12:02 PM

I dinnae have it!

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you!!

bighairyfaeleith
29-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi, we are aware lots of football fans don't have Facebook but it is the best medium for us to quickly contact huge numbers of people. In the near future we may have an independent website.

At the moment you can join our MSP email campaign.

To find your MSPs email you can use, www.theyworkforyou.com (http://www.theyworkforyou.com)

The email template here is to be adjusted to your needs.

Dear *******,

I am ******* and I am a supporter of our national
game football and it is on that subject that I am writing to you today. I
am also a member of a group on facebook (Link at the bottom of email)
that has the aim of bring standing at football games back to the game
and that is why I am writing to you today because I believe that you can
help me and my fellow fans achieve this.

Many people believe
that standing at football is dangerous due to terrible disasters such as
the Ibrox Disasters and Hillsbourgh Disaster, but this is not true. As
currently in Germany in many of there stadia they are using the way of
Safe Terracing. This allows the stadium to be safe but making sure that
the game keeps all it's traditions and the atmosphere is still great as
it should be. There are also other added benefits to using Safe
Terracing. Another benefit is that it leads to lower ticket price as is
shown in Germany this means that the game will keep it's connection with
those that have always shown much love for it the working class. Lower
ticket price would help protect our clubs as well as lower prices
meaning more fans could attend matches more reguarly. These are just a
few added benefits to using the safe terracing at football matches.

I hope that you will support us in our aim. I look forward to your reply.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151038524916484 (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=151038524916484)

Yours sincerely,

While sending an abusive email to my msp would certainly make me feel better would it have the desired effect:hmmm:

P.s. Joined

ScottB
29-09-2010, 12:44 PM
We seem to have a thread on this every couple of weeks!

I can't see it ever happening, regardless of who wants it or any benefits for it. The media would pounce on it for one, and secondly, we've spent millions on an all seater stadium, are we going to tear it apart for folk to stand?

What do you say to the clubs who nearly bankrupted themselves building all seater stadiums? UEFA still bans standing at their games, so do clubs sacrifice capacity for big European nights (and the chance to host internationals or other fixtures) so some people can stand?

Whether it's a nice idea or not doesn't really come in to it, it's gone and it's not coming back.

Antifa Hibs
29-09-2010, 01:32 PM

I can't see it ever happening, regardless of who wants it or any benefits for it. The media would pounce on it for one, and secondly, we've spent millions on an all seater stadium, are we going to tear it apart for folk to stand?

:rolleyes: No, a simple solution would to say for example, FF Lower holds has 2000 seats, sell 2000 tickets, allocate everyone a seat, stand in front of that allocated seat. Happens all over the world.

What do you say to the clubs who nearly bankrupted themselves building all seater stadiums? UEFA still bans standing at their games, so do clubs sacrifice capacity for big European nights (and the chance to host internationals or other fixtures) so some people can stand?

Uefa don't ban standing. Then don't allow terracing to be used at Internationals and Uefa comps but standing isn't banned. Do you not watch Scotland games? Champions League matches? Europa league matches and finals where 1000's, sometimes tens of thousands stand.

Whether it's a nice idea or not doesn't really come in to it, it's gone and it's not coming back.

ScottB
29-09-2010, 01:36 PM

:rolleyes: No, a simple solution would to say for example, FF Lower holds has 2000 seats, sell 2000 tickets, allocate everyone a seat, stand in front of that allocated seat. Happens all over the world.

Uefa don't ban standing. Then don't allow terracing to be used at Internationals and Uefa comps but standing isn't banned. Do you not watch Scotland games? Champions League matches? Europa league matches and finals where 1000's, sometimes tens of thousands stand.

I really can't see our Health & Safety obsessed government officially allowing people to stand in front of seats, thereby blocking off walkways and the like. It's never going to happen.

The only way that would make sense is the German style, where stadiums have standing sections, but we aren't about to rip up our stands to put in a section that would generate less revenue.

Antifa Hibs
29-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I really can't see our Health & Safety obsessed government officially allowing people to stand in front of seats, thereby blocking off walkways and the like. It's never going to happen.

The only way that would make sense is the German style, where stadiums have standing sections, but we aren't about to rip up our stands to put in a section that would generate less revenue.

How would standing in front of a seat block walkways? :confused:

Course they wouldn't, but that would be the simpliest way, it would be 100% safe also.

Ajax, Groningen, Den Hag, Twente, all have quality modern stadiums, all have an end where supporters stand in front of their seats. Poland and Ukraine, building fantastic stadiums for Euro 2012, give ends to their supports to stand in front of their seats, no problems what so ever.

Shame everything in this country is ran by complete and utter ****s.

LancashireHibby
29-09-2010, 01:41 PM

They wouldn't be blocking walkways, they just be stood in front of a seat as people do at half-time etc. Must admit though that I'm not convinced that people would just end up sitting down anyway for at least some of the time, purely because they'd already have a seat behind them.

MSK
29-09-2010, 01:47 PM

Course they wouldn't, but that would be the simpliest way, it would be 100% safe also.
Ajax, Groningen, Den Hag, Twente, all have quality modern stadiums, all have an end where supporters stand in front of their seats. Poland and Ukraine, building fantastic stadiums for Euro 2012, give ends to their supports to stand in front of their seats, no problems what so ever.

Shame everything in this country is ran by complete and utter ****s.Would it ..?...crush barriers would need to be installed for a start ..i saw someone trip and stumble onto seats below ..pretty sore face he ended up with ..

Wont ever happen at Easter rd for that and many other reasons ..time to move on i think ..

Antifa Hibs
29-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Would it ..?...crush barriers would need to be installed for a start ..i saw someone trip and stumble onto seats below ..pretty sore face he ended up with ..

Wont ever happen at Easter rd for that and many other reasons ..time to move on i think ..

Why?

Do they have crush barriers in the Dutch, Polish and Ukraine grounds I listed above? Was there crush barriers in the old East where I and others stood in seated areas for 10 years? Are there crush barriers put in place when fans of Man Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs, Villa etc etc etc stand in seated areas? Nope.

MSK
29-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Why?

Do they have crush barriers in the Dutch, Polish and Ukraine grounds I listed above? Was there crush barriers in the old East where I and others stood in seated areas for 10 years? Are there crush barriers put in place when fans of Man Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs, Villa etc etc etc stand in seated areas? Nope.I couldnt care about other countries ..im talking about ours ..

With regards crush barriers in the East ..well done, you stood in a seated area, which because was seated didnt need barriers ..but im sure you will remember terracing ..why do you think crush barriers were used on terraces ..?

Do you honestly think hibs and other SPL clubs would rip their grounds apart to accomodate standing ?

Since90+2
29-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Do you honestly think hibs and other SPL clubs would rip their grounds apart to accomodate standing ?

I would say this would largely depend on whether or not Hibs think they would get more people through the turnstiles if they had the chance to stand. Im not sure it would make a massive difference in attendances IMO but I could be wrong.

MSK
29-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I would say this would largely depend on whether or not Hibs think they would get more people through the turnstiles if they had the chance to stand. Im not sure it would make a massive difference in attendances IMO but I could be wrong.I dont think that would be an issue ..hibs would see from a business point of view that getting the product right on the field would bring the fans in as opposed to introducing standing ..

LancashireHibby
29-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Why?

Do they have crush barriers in the Dutch, Polish and Ukraine grounds I listed above? Was there crush barriers in the old East where I and others stood in seated areas for 10 years? Are there crush barriers put in place when fans of Man Utd, Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Spurs, Villa etc etc etc stand in seated areas? Nope.

But they're on the whole older grounds - I think this campaign would be better served in sticking with the modern 'safe standing' of Germany as a point of reference, and I believe that those grounds have crush barriers incorporated for domestic games and then revert to seating for European matches?

Beefster
29-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Fair redistribution of TV and SPL money would be a start.

Antifa Hibs
29-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Fair redistribution of TV and SPL money would be a start.

Why? 1st and 2nd take the majority prize money in all sports.

Should Tiger Woods earn the get the same money as some daftie that fininished 30 over? Should Nadal get the same as some ejjit who can't hit a tennis baw to save himself?

blairwallace
29-09-2010, 04:40 PM

top tier of the south above the away fans :devil::devil:

SPL STAND UP
29-09-2010, 08:38 PM
A wee bump of the thread.

SPL STAND UP
29-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Duncan McNeil MSP Scottish Labour.
"I think you raise a number of good points and the idea of lower ticket prices is certainly very attractive given the high costs associated with the modern day game.

I am unaware of any plans to revisit the issue of terracing but I don't think that should stop you testing the legislation with your campaign to see if this is a viable proposal."

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-09-2010, 09:13 PM
But they're on the whole older grounds - I think this campaign would be better served in sticking with the modern 'safe standing' of Germany as a point of reference, and I believe that those grounds have crush barriers incorporated for domestic games and then revert to seating for European matches?

I think the steepness of modern seated stadia would require crush barriers on every row. Entirely possible to, say, incorporate that into the first 10 rows of the FF lower?

Beefster
30-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Why? 1st and 2nd take the majority prize money in all sports.

Should Tiger Woods earn the get the same money as some daftie that fininished 30 over? Should Nadal get the same as some ejjit who can't hit a tennis baw to save himself?

I didn't say 'equal' distribution, I said 'fair'.

I'd love to hear your defence of a system that gives 17% to first, 15% to second before dropping to 9.5% and then decreasing by 0.5% for each place, if it's not skewed to give 2 clubs a less-than-proportionate share of the prize money.

Steve-O
30-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Good to see the usual claptrap on here from those who just do what they told and are walked over like doormats...

"It'll never happen, so why bother?" :rolleyes:

All this talk of "ripping grounds apart" is simply scaremongering as well. Who exactly is talking about ripping stadiums apart?? It's not as if people are requesting the new stands are knocked down and we revert to the ground of the 1960's is it?

Crowds are going one way in football and it certainly ain't up, so the authorities, whoever they may be in this case, would do well to actually listen to what fans want from football matches.

And before everyone starts the "not everyone does want to stand" drivel - nobody is saying the entire stadium should be standing room only so please do not even post a comment inferring that.

Joe Baker II
30-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I dont think that would be an issue ..hibs would see from a business point of view that getting the product right on the field would bring the fans in as opposed to introducing standing ..

Problem with this attitude is that will never get all clubs doing well at the same time so this model is flawed (like most of Hibs Board's thinking generally) as a strategy for Scottish football.

I would start going again if there was option to stand (even though I sat normally in old East Stand) even if we were looking like going down (as arguably we are!) but will not be returning to Easter Road on a regular basis and certainly not getting a season ticket in the current stadium even if Hibs looked like winning the league.

BTW have been to 3 other games this season where I had option of standing and enjoyed them all much more plus they cost less on each occasion! It hardly makes going to Easter Road now seem attractive way to spend time.

lEXO
30-09-2010, 10:22 AM
I,m all for it.If i could buy my season ticket for a standing area i would.
Was up at dingwall for the cup game, and two minutes in moved because of the moaning faced erses next to me.Couldnae do this if i was in a seat, and would have had to listen to their **** for the whole game.

SPL STAND UP
30-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Alex McNeil MSP has offered to write to Mr.Doncaster on my behalf to find out his views and postion on the idea.

ScottB
30-09-2010, 08:12 PM
They wouldn't be blocking walkways, they just be stood in front of a seat as people do at half-time etc. Must admit though that I'm not convinced that people would just end up sitting down anyway for at least some of the time, purely because they'd already have a seat behind them.

I mean the walkways between rows of seats.

Steve-O
01-10-2010, 09:30 AM
I mean the walkways between rows of seats.

Erm, why would people be blocking walkways? Maybe back in the day when the terraces were rather overcrowded, but these days it would be easier to control such things.

Hardly an argument against standing - someone might be standing in the stairs...:rolleyes:

ScottB
01-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Erm, why would people be blocking walkways? Maybe back in the day when the terraces were rather overcrowded, but these days it would be easier to control such things.

Hardly an argument against standing - someone might be standing in the stairs...:rolleyes:

It was an argument against the concept of everyone just standing in front of the current seats, thereby removing any easy route out of the rows. Would never be allowed by Health and Safety and it would torpedo the idea of doing this without having to rip up sections of the stadium first.

As I said earlier, the only workable way to do it is the German method, but then why would Hibs rip up seats it can charge more for to create a standing area that generates less income?

falkirk_cabbage
01-10-2010, 05:10 PM
Done :thumbsup: As long as legs hold up

SPL STAND UP
01-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Red Army 12 supporters group have endorsed the campaign and so has another MSP

Michael McMahon MSP
"As a keen football fan myself and season ticket holder at Celtic Park I fully endorse your campaign and concur with the arguments you outline in support of returning standing areas at football matches."

vein
01-10-2010, 11:35 PM
It was an argument against the concept of everyone just standing in front of the current seats, thereby removing any easy route out of the rows. Would never be allowed by Health and Safety and it would torpedo the idea of doing this without having to rip up sections of the stadium first.

As I said earlier, the only workable way to do it is the German method, but then why would Hibs rip up seats it can charge more for to create a standing area that generates less income?

:confused: Maybe I'm picking you up wrong here but are you saying if people are standing in front of their seats in a row that will make it harder to get out of the row? I must be picking you up wrong because its a hell of a lot easier to get out of a row of seats if the people in your way stand up first rather than sit there with their knees in your way.

Steve-O
02-10-2010, 12:51 AM

Please explain how it is easier to get out of a row where people are sitting in their seats, than a row where people are standing in front of seats. :confused:

ScottB
02-10-2010, 01:40 AM
:confused: Maybe I'm picking you up wrong here but are you saying if people are standing in front of their seats in a row that will make it harder to get out of the row? I must be picking you up wrong because its a hell of a lot easier to get out of a row of seats if the people in your way stand up first rather than sit there with their knees in your way.

Please explain how it is easier to get out of a row where people are sitting in their seats, than a row where people are standing in front of seats. :confused:

It probably is yeah, doesn't mean that the paranoid Health & Safety types won't pounce on it and scream 'NO' at the top of their lungs, which is the point I was trying to make. To me standing only makes sense unless you have the 'Bleachers' style sections that some German grounds have.

Better to have areas designed for standing, rather than having some people standing in front of seats with others sitting around them etc. At the same time keeping the overly legislative safety brigade out of the equation.

Steve-O
02-10-2010, 04:27 AM
It probably is yeah, doesn't mean that the paranoid Health & Safety types won't pounce on it and scream 'NO' at the top of their lungs, which is the point I was trying to make. To me standing only makes sense unless you have the 'Bleachers' style sections that some German grounds have.

Better to have areas designed for standing, rather than having some people standing in front of seats with others sitting around them etc. At the same time keeping the overly legislative safety brigade out of the equation.

Well, either or would suit me.

SPL STAND UP
02-10-2010, 07:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJVjKz1XhYg

SPL STAND UP
03-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Could any hibs fan who would like to be part of a national banner day at spl grounds please pm me on this forum.

Speedy
03-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Shame everything in this country is ran by complete and utter ****s.

:greengrin

When I'm sitting at a game I have to stand up to let people past.

SPL STAND UP
09-10-2010, 11:29 AM
‎"...as long as there is adequate safetythen I see no problem with the concept of standing at games."

Christina McKelvie MSP

""It does seem reasonable that if some fans want to stand to enhance their enjoyment of the game and it is safe to do so then clubs should look at ways to accommodate that."

Elaine Smith MSP