PDA

View Full Version : Namecalling

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions and at the moment things are more heated than normal but can we please have a bit of respect and stop all the name calling.Im sure there are more but the 3 that spring to mind are Yogi,Colin Nish and Edwin De Graff.
Fair enough things arent going well but Yogi is a Hibs man and Im sure he will be trying his damndest to make things work.It will be hurting him as much as us.Whether or not he is the right man/has the ability for the job is irrelevant.He at least should be respected for giving his lot to the cause.Personally so long as he is manager of Hibs I wish him well and will respect him even if he gets the bullet.
Edwin de Graff has just arrived at the club after playing in a league with a totally different style of play.He has to settle into a different culture and yet after a handful of games there are posters changing his name in a derogatory fashion.:confused:Welcome to Edinburgh Edwin.Must make you namecallers proud.
Then of course there is Colin Nish.Another Hibs man,though maybe not the greatest ability wise, he goes out and gives his all.He should be living the dream but it isnt quite working out that way.A wee bit of support might go a long way.He at least deserves the respect of people to use his proper name.

HibeeB
28-09-2010, 03:19 PM
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions and at the moment things are more heated than normal but can we please have a bit of respect and stop all the name calling.Im sure there are more but the 3 that spring to mind are Yogi,Colin Nish and Edwin De Graff.

Too right :agree:

If somebody called me any of these three names I'd be mightily p!ssed off:grr:

Littlest Hobo
28-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Fair enough things arent going well but Yogi is a Hibs man and Im sure he will be trying his damndest to make things work.It will be hurting him as much as us.Whether or not he is the right man/has the ability for the job is irrelevant.He at least should be respected for giving his lot to the cause.Personally so long as he is manager of Hibs I wish him well and will respect him even if he gets the bullet.
Edwin de Graff has just arrived at the club after playing in a league with a totally different style of play.He has to settle into a different culture and yet after a handful of games there are posters changing his name in a derogatory fashion.:confused:Welcome to Edinburgh Edwin.Must make you namecallers proud.
Then of course there is Colin Nish.Another Hibs man,though maybe not the greatest ability wise, he goes out and gives his all.He should be living the dream but it isnt quite working out that way.A wee bit of support might go a long way.He at least deserves the respect of people to use his proper name.

I agree on all your points although Nish really shouldn't and wouldn't have been playing if DD hadn't got injured.

Support the team when they are on the park, then at the end let them know if you happy or not!:thumbsup:

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Too right :agree:

If somebody called me any of these three names I'd be mightily p!ssed off:grr:

Aye the correct way to write it was in my head but by the time it passed the beer filter well you see the result.:greengrinTime to hit the gin.Im always more articulate then:thumbsup:

--------
28-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I know everyone is entitled to their opinions and at the moment things are more heated than normal but can we please have a bit of respect and stop all the name calling. Im sure there are more but the 3 that spring to mind are Yogi,Colin Nish and Edwin De Graff.

Fair enough things arent going well but Yogi is a Hibs man and I'm sure he will be trying his damndest to make things work. It will be hurting him as much as us. Whether or not he is the right man/has the ability for the job is irrelevant. He at least should be respected for giving his lot to the cause. Personally so long as he is manager of Hibs I wish him well and will respect him even if he gets the bullet.

Edwin de Graff has just arrived at the club after playing in a league with a totally different style of play. He has to settle into a different culture and yet after a handful of games there are posters changing his name in a derogatory fashion. :confused: Welcome to Edinburgh Edwin. Must make you namecallers proud.

Then of course there is Colin Nish. Another Hibs man,though maybe not the greatest ability wise, he goes out and gives his all. He should be living the dream but it isnt quite working out that way. A wee bit of support might go a long way. He at least deserves the respect of people to use his proper name.

I agree with your general point - name-calling isn't really productive and doesn't help anyone.

I've done it myself in the past (and been rightly rebuked for it), and so far I've resisted temptation.

FWIW I bear no resentment against either Colin Nish nor Edwin De Graaf. Colin is being played out of position - he's a penalty-box striker, not a target-man, not a player who runs the channels to get onto long passes - and he prospers best when the ball comes to him in the area from wide positions. But as Murdo McLeod observed on Saturday, there is absolutely no width in the Hibs team right now, none at all.

Edwin must be wondering what alien planet he's landed on. I am absolutely certain that the head coach of a middle-to-top range Dutch side wouldn't conduct himself as Hughes does. I suspect that Mowbray, Collins and even Paatelainen would have got much more out of him that we're seeing right now.

As for Hughes, I do have to restrain myself. He has to go, and the quicker the better. Leither he may be, Hibs man he may be, but he's taking us backwards and downwards. Boss or not, he's a loose cannon, and in the old days of wooden warships loose cannon crippled and killed crewmen and sank ships. Long past time he walked the plank.

M11BMO
28-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I agree with your general point - name-calling isn't really productive and doesn't help anyone.

I've done it myself in the past (and been rightly rebuked for it), and so far I've resisted temptation.

FWIW I bear no resentment against either Colin Nish nor Edwin De Graaf. Colin is being played out of position - he's a penalty-box striker, not a target-man, not a player who runs the channels to get onto long passes - and he prospers best when the ball comes to him in the area from wide positions. But as Murdo McLeod observed on Saturday, there is absolutely no width in the Hibs team right now, none at all.

Edwin must be wondering what alien planet he's landed on. I am absolutely certain that the head coach of a middle-to-top range Dutch side wouldn't conduct himself as Hughes does. I suspect that Mowbray, Collins and even Paatelainen would have got much more out of him that we're seeing right now.

As for Hughes, I do have to restrain myself. He has to go, and the quicker the better. Leither he may be, Hibs man he may be, but he's taking us backwards and downwards. Boss or not, he's a loose cannon, and in the old days of wooden warships loose cannon crippled and killed crewmen and sank ships. Long past time he walked the plank.

Agree 100% :top marks

.Sean.
28-09-2010, 04:30 PM
I quite agree, for example, every ten minutes or so you'll hear a cry of 'Nish, yer pish.'

How imaginative and witty eh? :rolleyes:

NOT. Get behind the team, slating your own does absolutely no good whatsoever. Coincidentally, Saturday saw an improvement in the Hibs support I thought - Plenty singing, the majority seemed to be right behind the team from the off, even after we went behind and nobody was singled out for a shower of abuse for a change. More of the same this Saturday please.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Iirc a certain non-flying Dutchman had a fairly stumbling start to his Arsenal career
JJ is in the papers talking about the slow start that thomas flogel and the caveman had to their careers there's hope for Barr yet he says
Hopefully we give OUR players in OUR team a fair crack of the whip.
Finally my bugbear what an arrogant phrase "not Hibs class" is imagine the gnashing of teeth if uttered by another teams support?