PDA

View Full Version : Will losing to St Johnstone or Kilmarnock get Yogi the sack?

Diclonius
28-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Does anyone think the board will act if we lose either of these games?

easty
28-09-2010, 12:29 PM

We wont lose them...(shock horror a bit of optimism on Hibs.net)

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 12:34 PM

If wee lose this weekend, i hope the board get rid of him this weekend, give a new manager the Killie game.

:taxi

banarc7062
28-09-2010, 12:34 PM
does anyone think the board will act if we lose either of these games?

no !!!!

BoltonHibee
28-09-2010, 12:35 PM

Nope.

I think most Boards would have sacked Yogi by now, this Board do not have the bottle.

You can only assume he is here for the long haul. Fingers crossed he can guide us out of Div 1:boo hoo:

Sir David Gray
28-09-2010, 12:39 PM
If we lose to St Johnstone he might be sacked. If he's still around for the Kilmarnock match and we lose that as well, I would expect him to be sacked after that game.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Impossible to say. Only RP and perhaps some other members of the board will know this. The board are business people with a perspective on these things. If results improve he'll stay, if they don't he'll go. It's as simple as that. I'm sure they have a notional date by which results will have to improve, and if they haven't by that time, then he'll go, it's a simple as that.

Only they know the answer.

There seems little doubt he's in a crisis right now.

Three options:

1) he's not up to it and his employment here ends,

2) he learns from his mistakes and comes back stronger, we go from strength-to-strength.

I'd take either of those two, and would prefer No 2. What I don't want is:

3) he lucks out and results turn round for a while and he gets a reprieve, before the same problems quickly re-emerge.

sparkiehibs
28-09-2010, 01:30 PM
If he hasnt been sacked after the celtic game (where we dropped to 10th at one point, drew with ICT and Hamilton, lost to St Mirren and Kilmarnock and are already out of a cup. Also we were beaten by both of the Old Firm), then what difference will losing st johnstone and kilmarnock, who the board will see as being better than ICT, hamilton and ST Mirren, do towards changing their minds.

Craig_in_Prague
28-09-2010, 01:34 PM
If we lose 5-1 like we did last time in Perth, then yes, I'd imagine he'll be gone.

but if we play quite well, show as good effort as last week, and even lose in a tight game, wouldn't see him sacked IMO.
St J are a very decent outfit whom also need to pick up there game, so it's a very tough match.

i know it's a points business, but if the performances are upped, sooner or later we'll get wins.
Too many good players not to.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Nope.

I think most Boards would have sacked Yogi by now, this Board do not have the bottle.

You can only assume he is here for the long haul. Fingers crossed he can guide us out of Div 1:boo hoo:

I think most boards have had fewer managers to replace than ours over the last few years.I dont think it about bottle.Unless you are on about the Hibs.net board which judging by posts would have had him ousted yonks ago.:wink:

Littlest Hobo
28-09-2010, 01:39 PM
For me it's about progress, not just about the result on the day!

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way and I can honestly say that if we lose to St Johnstone I think he could be gone by Mon morning.

It's up to the team he's put together to get their "finger oot" and go out and play as if it's their last game! Because it just might be!

Time for the players to show how much it means to them.:rolleyes:

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Impossible to say. Only RP and perhaps some other members of the board will know this. The board are business people with a perspective on these things. If results improve he'll stay, if they don't he'll go. It's as simple as that. I'm sure they have a notional date by which results will have to improve, and if they haven't by that time, then he'll go, it's a simple as that.

Only they know the answer.

There seems little doubt he's in a crisis right now.

Three options:

1) he's not up to it and his employment here ends,

2) he learns from his mistakes and comes back stronger, we go from strength-to-strength.

I'd take either of those two, and would prefer No 2. What I don't want is:

3) he lucks out and results turn round for a while and he gets a reprieve, before the same problems quickly re-emerge.

This would be my option too but it appears many Hibbies would rather see us lose and go for no 1(judging on some of the posts Ive read).

Dr Jimmy
28-09-2010, 01:50 PM
If we lose to St Johnstone and St Mirren get a draw at Motherwell, we could be joint bottom of the league!
Surely the board will see that the team is in free fall and will act.............but then again it is the Hibs board we are talking about.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 01:57 PM
If we lose 5-1 like we did last time in Perth, then yes, I'd imagine he'll be gone.

but if we play quite well, show as good effort as last week, and even lose in a tight game, wouldn't see him sacked IMO.
St J are a very decent outfit whom also need to pick up there game, so it's a very tough match.

i know it's a points business, but if the performances are upped, sooner or later we'll get wins.
Too many good players not to.

Saturday was never a tight game, Hibs had a spell of about 15mins in the second half where possession was maybe good, but wee hardy had celtc on the back foot at any real time, they never looked like they were going to lose the game.
If there was anything to take out of the celtc game, apart from Deeks goal, it would be that Yogi should play the same team against St. Johnstone this weekend.

Andy74
28-09-2010, 01:59 PM

No, we are on a poor run of form but none of the results are all that out of the ordinary on their own.

Our final placing last year does count, despite the poor end to the season. That just means we had a geat start which has to be credited to him. If you are going to claim that as luck then you have to accept the bad luck we've had this year. 7 months of good luck is a bit unusual.

I would not expect the Hibs board to sack a manager beacuse we have been missing too many chances. If that continued for quite some time, and that has to be this season only, then they'd have to look at it.

New season, new signings, some key injuries and a sale of a top striker, that will all get him some leeway for weeks or months to come yet unless we have some truly horrific things like getting horsed off wee teams at home, not just failing to beat them in games you dominated.

Vini1875
28-09-2010, 02:10 PM
It's not down to bottle. The board must still believe that things can be turned around. Although our league position at the minute is poor we are hardly far behind third, 5 points, which in this league is easy to make up. I doubt the board will make a move until christmas time, unless we suddenly get a lot worse and find ourselves more and more adrift at the bottom of the league.

Westie1875
28-09-2010, 02:19 PM
If we lose to St Johnstone this weekend and he doesn't get the sack does anyone want to have a guess at what the attendance for the Killie game will be?

Sir David Gray
28-09-2010, 02:31 PM
If we lose to St Johnstone this weekend and he doesn't get the sack does anyone want to have a guess at what the attendance for the Killie game will be?

We'll be struggling to break the 10,000 mark IMO.

BT58
28-09-2010, 02:51 PM
We've played 6 games in the league, and won 1 game
Played 2 games in europe, and won none
Played one in the cup, and won nothing
We had a load of friendlies, which if my memory
is correct we won 25%
so if we forget last season as the happy clappers
Want us to do and base the teams results from July
/august, it's not great reading,, ok a new team needs
bedding in,, but can you say honestly that you've seen this
team getting better????
If we lose against st Johnstone, then YES he should go
Use the international break to get a new man in
Do we carry on and play the rest of the teams and accept
a loss,, but wait a minute,, the team are playing better for 20 minutes
GREAT STUFF,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT

Littlest Hobo
28-09-2010, 03:08 PM
We've played 6 games in the league, and won 1 game
Played 2 games in europe, and won none
Played one in the cup, and won nothing
We had a load of friendlies, which if my memory
is correct we won 25%
so if we forget last season as the happy clappers
Want us to do and base the teams results from July
/august, it's not great reading,, ok a new team needs
bedding in,, but can you say honestly that you've seen this
team getting better????
If we lose against st Johnstone, then YES he should go
Use the international break to get a new man in
Do we carry on and play the rest of the teams and accept
a loss,, but wait a minute,, the team are playing better for 20 minutes
GREAT STUFF,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT

That's what I'll watching out for this weekend. I'd like to see improvement, otherwise people will quite rightly be asking for his resignation.:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 03:14 PM
No, we are on a poor run of form but none of the results are all that out of the ordinary on their own.

Our final placing last year does count, despite the poor end to the season. That just means we had a geat start which has to be credited to him. If you are going to claim that as luck then you have to accept the bad luck we've had this year. 7 months of good luck is a bit unusual.

I would not expect the Hibs board to sack a manager beacuse we have been missing too many chances. If that continued for quite some time, and that has to be this season only, then they'd have to look at it.

New season, new signings, some key injuries and a sale of a top striker, that will all get him some leeway for weeks or months to come yet unless we have some truly horrific things like getting horsed off wee teams at home, not just failing to beat them in games you dominated.

I like to think we had a good end to the season. We actually slipped down to 5th at one stage, but recovered to get that 4th place that secured Europe. :top marks

--------
28-09-2010, 03:20 PM
Nope.

You can only assume he is here for the long haul. Fingers crossed he can guide us out of Div 1 :boo hoo:

I'm sure that under Hughes we wouldn't be long in Division One.

Unfortunately, the next question is whether he gets us back up into the SPL, or takes us down to Division Two....

I'm not prtepared to take that risk.

HE'S GOT TO GO.

Just Jimmy
28-09-2010, 03:23 PM
he should already be gone. Hes gash, nothings improved, and most things have got a hell of a lot worse.

--------
28-09-2010, 03:31 PM
he should already be gone. Hes gash, nothings improved, and most things have got a hell of a lot worse.

Amen, brother. :agree:

You're singing my song.

And what's more - they aren't GOING to get any better while he's around. :bitchy:

BoltonHibee
28-09-2010, 03:34 PM
I think most boards have had fewer managers to replace than ours over the last few years.I dont think it about bottle.Unless you are on about the Hibs.net board which judging by posts would have had him ousted yonks ago.:wink:

Probably comes for making the correct appointments in the first place, unlike ours in recent times!

GreenPJ
28-09-2010, 03:36 PM

If 7 months of good luck is a bit unusual what is 10 months of 'bad' luck? I don't think you can look at results in isolation you have to look at the run and the trend and not only are we not getting results we are not playing well. I can't remember a game in the last 10 months where we have dominated a game for more than 20 mins.

--------
28-09-2010, 03:46 PM
If 7 months of good luck is a bit unusual what is 10 months of 'bad' luck? I don't think you can look at results in isolation you have to look at the run and the trend and not only are we not getting results we are not playing well. I can't remember a game in the last 10 months where we have dominated a game for more than 20 mins.

Even when we were winning, this time last year, we weren't exactly controlling the games, far less dominating them.

It isn't about luck. It's about management and tactics, or the lack of them. :rolleyes:

The_Todd
28-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Most fans on Hibs.net may well want Yogi emptied, but I can almost guarantee that if the board do so this weekende they'll be accused of a knee-jerk reaction.

Andy74
28-09-2010, 04:15 PM

10 months? Have I woken up in mid December today?

Mid February was when we started to go down the way. That's 7 months since then and we didn't play from mid May to mid July so 5 months really as against 7 of good results.

I think we actually played okay the last few games of last season and we have not been that bad this either the St mirren game apart.

Ed De Gramo
28-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Nope.

http://static.www.odcdn.com/pictures/us/od/sk/lg/599158_sk_lg.jpg

.Sean.
28-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Most fans on Hibs.net may well want Yogi emptied, but I can almost guarantee that if the board do so this weekende they'll be accused of a knee-jerk reaction.
:confused: If Yogi was to be punted NOW it wouldn't be considered to be a knee-jerk reaction from the board.

We've been pretty woeful this season and were very, very poor for large spells last season. I think his coat's already on a shoogly peg and, god forbid, if we lose our next two matches i'd fully expect him to be punted.

In saying that, i've a sneaky wee feeling we might just scoop the full 6 points in our next two matches... :pray:

GreenPJ
28-09-2010, 04:48 PM

Mid February was when we started to go down the way. That's 7 months since then and we didn't play from mid May to mid July so 5 months really as against 7 of good results.

I think we actually played okay the last few games of last season and we have not been that bad this either the St mirren game apart.

The last few games of last season, by that you mean the win at Utd? Or do you mean the 6-6, the 2-1 loss to the Yams, the 4-2 defeat by Utd at ER, the 4-1 defeat by Hamilton and the 3 defeats to the Old Firm as well which accounted for the 7 games prior to the Utd game?

The performance against Rangers this season for 60 mins would be deemed acceptable, the games against ICT and Hamilton were very very poor considering we were at home. For both of those games we should have dominated the majority of the game and we could easily have lost both. I never saw the Killie game but by all accounts we were well beaten.

I wish it weren't the case but I have seen nothing to suggest we are getting better only worse.

The_Todd
28-09-2010, 05:12 PM
:confused: If Yogi was to be punted NOW it wouldn't be considered to be a knee-jerk reaction from the board.

We've been pretty woeful this season and were very, very poor for large spells last season. I think his coat's already on a shoogly peg and, god forbid, if we lose our next two matches i'd fully expect him to be punted.

In saying that, i've a sneaky wee feeling we might just scoop the full 6 points in our next two matches... :pray:

I'm not saying it would be knee-jerk, I can just imagine some will see it as knee-jerk.

Sometimes the board is damned if it does, damned if it doesn't.

basehibby
28-09-2010, 05:49 PM

My personal opinion is:

Away vs St Johnstone - losing this fixture isn't sacking material in itself but I would certainly look for a big improvement on performances as compared to last season (1-5 OUCH!). A draw would be a decent result in this game and a win would be a bonus.

Home vs Killie - This is an entirely different kettle of fish - lose this one and even the likes of me who's been more patient than most would be thinking it's maybe time for Yogi to move on. In fact - even just failing to win this fixture given the recent run of home form would be a disaster!

Turnip
28-09-2010, 05:52 PM
What a bunch of old ladies post on this board, if you don't want to support this club then why don't you do just that. :taxi for most of the posters on .net, I can't believe some of the negativity on here, even the yams dont take the piss out of us like some of you do, I know it's no been the best recently but ffs have a word eh, what do you lot think your going to achieve with this? Who exactly do you think we are? Real Madrid? AC Milan? I've watched Hibs for nearly 40 years and never once have I expected us to be world beaters. I've watched some absolutely garbage Hibs teams and some pretty good ones, and even the pretty good ones were ****** if I'm being honest, the point I'm trying to make here is very simple, if you profess to be a supporter of a football club then that's what you should be, a supporter, through thick and thin, bad times and good times and if thats not what floats your boat and you want results, trophies etc. then go and watch the old firm with the rest of the gloryhunters:yawn:
I'll stop now before my patience wears too thin and I say something I shouldn't, na **** it, your a colostamy bag full of phannies :grr:
Apoligies in advance for any poor wee souls who's feelings I may have hurt:rolleyes:

Sumner
28-09-2010, 06:29 PM
... anyway, so Hughes should sacked really... :agree:

Feed McGraw
28-09-2010, 06:30 PM

I certainly won`t be accusing them of that, I think their collective knees should have jerked quite some time ago.

Craig_in_Prague
28-09-2010, 06:38 PM
Saturday was never a tight game, Hibs had a spell of about 15mins in the second half where possession was maybe good, but wee hardy had celtc on the back foot at any real time, they never looked like they were going to lose the game.
If there was anything to take out of the celtc game, apart from Deeks goal, it would be that Yogi should play the same team against St. Johnstone this weekend.

never said it was.

Saorsa
28-09-2010, 06:40 PM
he should already be gone. Hes gash, nothings improved, and most things have got a hell of a lot worse.:agree:

Amen, brother. :agree:

You're singing my song.

And what's more - they aren't GOING to get any better while he's around. :bitchy::agree:

I'll stop now before my patience wears too thin and I say something I shouldn't, na **** it, your a colostamy bag full of phannies :grr:
Apoligies in advance for any poor wee souls who's feelings I may have hurt:rolleyes:Please dinnae call me names again, I'm so upset :boo hoo:

:hilarious

Turnip, away 'n' bile yer heid :bye:

Keith_M
28-09-2010, 06:46 PM
No, we are on a poor run of form but none of the results are all that out of the ordinary on their own. .

Surely, by your logic, no manager could ever be sacked, no matter how many games he lost? Every team in the league has beaten us at one time or another, so a defeat to ANY of them is NEVER out of the ordinary. What IS out of the ordinary is winning 1 game out of 9 this season, or 4 from the last 27, or having the longest winless streak at home in the history of the club.

Hibs had a marvellous run of results last year, up till about February. That is largely responsible for getting the UEFA place. The results since then have been diabolical and, this is the point, there is no sign of it getting better any time soon. 30 minutes of decent football against Celtic does not a recovery make.

PeterboroHibee
28-09-2010, 06:59 PM
If he loses both games he has to go, the run we are on is unacceptable, and the length of times suggests it is more than just a slump in form. Fwiw I think hes still fortunate to be in a job, but I do like him and would like to believe he could turn things around, not sure he will though.

IWasThere2016
28-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Personally, I don't think he will see 1 November as gaffer.

I think the Board should be looking for a successor now.

BEEJ
28-09-2010, 08:29 PM

If you want to be really pedantic, mid-February until now is 7.5 months, or 5.5 months of season time - preceded by 6.5 months of season time when times were better. :greengrin

So on that basis we give him one more month, the month of October, to bring about a remarkable turnaround. :wink:

Taz_hibee
28-09-2010, 08:59 PM
So on a more positive note, we beat Saints and they lose to the huns, we are on same points, does that mean the jumbos are in a crisis as well cause we finished 2 places higher than them last season as well?

new malkyhib
28-09-2010, 09:46 PM

I think the £500k Board will collectively s**t themselves and not know what to do. I think they're in as much denial about the team as the manager seems to be.

Great stadium, infastructure and balance sheet though.