PDA

View Full Version : Hughes wants Hibs to be like Man united

down the slope
28-09-2010, 12:26 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-boss-calls-on-squad.6553758.jp

I wish he would make his mind as the players will be getting mixed up what with them playing like a Dutch team then Barca now Man United !,
It's all gone horribly wrong at ER, the whole footballing world must be laughing at us with these weekly announcements,-what next ?.

Beefster
28-09-2010, 12:28 PM
I thought Hughes said that he couldn't ask for any more in training?

bighairyfaeleith
28-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I really wish someone else would talk to the press for a few weeks.

banarc7062
28-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Think the man is quickly losing it:bitchy:

H18sry
28-09-2010, 12:36 PM
So who is going to be the 1st Hibs player to score with a 10 grand a nite hooker ala Rooney :devil:

bighairyfaeleith
28-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I thought Hughes said that he couldn't ask for any more in training?

He surely couldn't have been talking out his erchie could he?

bighairyfaeleith
28-09-2010, 12:37 PM
So who is going to be the 1st Hibs player to score with a 10 grand a nite hooker ala Rooney :devil:

I reckon De Graaf, those dutch are filthy buggers:greengrin

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 12:38 PM

I wish he would make his mind as the players will be getting mixed up what with them playing like a Dutch team then Barca now Man United !,
It's all gone horribly wrong at ER, the whole footballing world must be laughing at us with these weekly announcements,-what next ?.

Men in white jackets taking him to the Edinburgh Hospital. They can get one of these. :taxi great smilie.

vahibbie
28-09-2010, 12:42 PM

Oops, that disnae work let's try something else:bitchy:
I'd be more than happy if they'd just f'kn play like HIBS:agree:

discman
28-09-2010, 12:44 PM

Cant you read? he talks about the level of intensity in training,training yesterday was fierce, thats whats hes trying to instill in players players who will fight for 90 minutes for their jersey, Saturday may be a start, asto playing style yogi has always banged on passing, play it on the deck,look after the ball etc; look at the cup final his falkirk side played rangers of the park. and if you can be arsed go and read the press reports from the next day!

All the sides you mention play a fast passing game thats what he wants from hibs and would be delighted if he achieves that and given some of the posts from sats game were moving in the right direction,I think will see a more committed side on saturday hopefully without nish and bamber! GGTHH :grr:

SlickShoes
28-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Cant you read? he talks about the level of intensity in training,training yesterday was fierce, thats whats hes trying to instill in players players who will fight for 90 minutes for their jersey, Saturday may be a start, asto playing style yogi has always banged on passing, play it on the deck,look after the ball etc; look at the cup final his falkirk side played rangers of the park. and if you can be arsed go and read the press reports from the next day!

All the sides you mention play a fast passing game thats what he wants from hibs and would be delighted if he achieves that and given some of the posts from sats game were moving in the right direction,I think will see a more committed side on saturday hopefully without nish and bamber! GGTHH :grr:

I will be SHOCKED to the core if we see hibs play as well against "lesser teams" and with the same effort as we put in to lose to Celtc and Rangers.

Its the same even in good form, we beat them and then we go and lose to st mirren or dunfermline or something similar.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2010, 12:48 PM
We're more like Liverpool, sadly, but without the huge debt, despotic owners and with a stadium fit for the purpose. And our underperforming imposters aren't bleeding the club dry.

down the slope
28-09-2010, 12:50 PM

Aye right you are then, they might have played rangers of the park but who won ?, he has had more than a year now and we are worse than when we had Mixu, i reckon unless we have a good win on Saturday he will be away as there is the break to follow which gives the club a few weeks to weigh up the options.

HibbyAndy
28-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Man yoo??? Surely Arsenal naw?

BoltonHibee
28-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I think Hughes is becoming more and more like Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf. Remember him? The Iraqi Information Minister:greengrin

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Man yoo??? Surely Arsenal naw?

It will be Arsenal on Friday. :greengrin :taxi

HibbyAndy
28-09-2010, 12:58 PM
It will be Arsenal on Friday. :greengrin :taxi

Then Real Madrid on Monday :hilarious

:greengrin

Alex Trager
28-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I reckon De Graaf, those dutch are filthy buggers:greengrin

oooh noo, he has a wife, who happens to be reasonably tidy, I should know I've sen them in my wprk

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 01:03 PM
It appears to me that no matter what he says people will hang him for it.As far as Im aware he is a chirpy guy and maybe not the brightest but speaks naturally off the cuff.I think no matter who it is, if all they say is scrutinised, it can be made to sound like crap.Lets not hang him,lets give him all our support and if it doesnt work out(it wont be through effort or heart but will be the boards decision)lets give the next man all our support.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2010, 01:10 PM
All Yogi said was something along the lines of 'I attended a Man United training session and the senior players performed with great intensity. It's that level of application you need to work towards if you're going to improve as individuals and a team.' There's absolutely nothing wrong with pointing this out to players who are underperforming.

What's wrong is a sub-editor writing a stupid headline underneath it and us getting all worked up about an off-the-cuff remark. Yogi's a football manager, he's not running for office or in the world of international diplomacy. Thus dissecting every casual utterance is fruitless. Far better to turn our attention to mischief-making maggots of the Scotsman who can smell blood and are trying to make the situ at Hibs worse, in the forlorn hope that a few more of us will bother to buy their moribund rag.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Then Real Madrid on Monday :hilarious

:greengrin

Only to be told on Wednesday that our expectation levels are to high. :cool2:

Davy Mac
28-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I think he's on the wind up and we're falling for it but what we're not falling for is the dire performances.

Cannae take him seriuosly these days.

down the slope
28-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Why not keep your trap shut for a few weeks and let the players on the park do the talking by getting a few results ?, if it's a quiet news day just send someone along to east mains and you will get another headline. How many other managers do you hear spouting this sort of p!sh week after week ? not many that i can think off.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Why not keep your trap shut for a few weeks and let the players on the park do the talking by getting a few results ?, if it's a quiet news day just send someone along to east mains and you will get another headline. How many other managers do you hear spouting this sort of p!sh week after week ? not many that i can think off.

I said this weeks ago, he needs to take himself out the spotlight from the press and let Brian Rice deal with the press for a few weeks, imo i think he likes hearing his own voice, going to the game on Saturday and listening to bbc sportsound, all the pundits said the same thing about Yogi, and that he was doing to much talking to the press and saying the same things over and over again, but nothing was changing on the field with the team.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 01:48 PM

I agree that it would make sense but I dont think its his nature.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2010, 01:51 PM
I said this weeks ago, he needs to take himself out the spotlight from the press and let Brian Rice deal with the press for a few weeks, imo i think he likes hearing his own voice, going to the game on Saturday and listening to bbc sportsound, all the pundits said the same thing about Yogi, and that he was doing to much talking to the press and saying the same things over and over again, but nothing was changing on the field with the team.

Also, just before they interviewed Yogi - post match at Celtic - Murdo McLeod said something that everyone but Yogi seems to see. Murdo said "they tend to over pass, six or seven passes without actually going anywhere" Nail on the head IMO as Yogi seems to have the players passing for the sake of it. If we had a pacy player or two that could suddenly burst forward after the endless passing had sent the opposition to sleep ............ :wink:

H18sry
28-09-2010, 01:55 PM
oooh noo, he has a wife, who happens to be reasonably tidy, I should know I've sen them in my wprk

So does Shrek :wink:

vahibbie
28-09-2010, 02:06 PM
It appears to me that no matter what he says people will hang him for it.As far as Im aware he is a chirpy guy and maybe not the brightest but speaks naturally off the cuff.I think no matter who it is, if all they say is scrutinised, it can be made to sound like crap.Lets not hang him,lets give him all our support and if it doesnt work out(it wont be through effort or heart but will be the boards decision)lets give the next man all our support.

Even in Leith they call that slavering:wink:

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Also, just before they interviewed Yogi - post match at Celtic - Murdo McLeod said something that everyone but Yogi seems to see. Murdo said "they tend to over pass, six or seven passes without actually going anywhere" Nail on the head IMO as Yogi seems to have the players passing for the sake of it. If we had a pacy player or two that could suddenly burst forward after the endless passing had sent the opposition to sleep ............ :wink:

:agree:

lyonhibs
28-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I'd quite like Yogi to be like Sir Alex Ferguson, but that ain't going to happen.

Is he just going round every great team at the moment, choosing an aspect each and then saying:

"I want the boys to play/train/pass/move/have the mentality/spirit/determination/fight of ........................... and we're almost there" on a weekly basis?? :confused:

Ritchie
28-09-2010, 03:14 PM
i dont want hibs to be like man utd though.....

i want us to be like Real Madrid. :boo hoo:

(((Fergus)))
28-09-2010, 03:15 PM

Same thing was said regularly about his Falkirk side was it not?

heretoday
28-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Hibs and Man Utd have much in common. Mainly defensive problems.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Same thing was said regularly about his Falkirk side was it not?

IIRC yes :agree:

--------
28-09-2010, 03:29 PM

We do. Hughes rarely plays him.

It looks to me as if the players are wary of taking responsibility for breaking the passing movement by making the killing pass.

Could this be in any way related to Hughes' habit of bollocking players off in public? As he has Galbraith and Hanlon recently?

Hughes can say whatever he likes to the press or his mate McLaughlin at the Beeb.

I no longer believe that what he says bears any relationship whatsoever to the actual state of the club and team. "There was no punch-up after the Killie game...."

Aye, right, Yogi - and I'm the next Dalai Lama, OK?

Ed De Gramo
28-09-2010, 04:19 PM

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

So he says he would like his players to put as much effort into training just as actual matches.....like Man Utd does.....wheres the problem there?

People wonder why the rags publish these stories......they just need to look at the people biting and lapping it up in here to see why...

Another non story

Andy74
28-09-2010, 04:28 PM

You have heard Hughes saying the next stage is that he wants to make his team pass the ball quicker and far more effectively and in the right areas, right?

And you have head him saying that seeing as Galbraith missed two years of football before coming here that he hasn't quite been ready to start games but that he is giving him more and more time and he will soon be ready??

And you've also heard him say that we needed a quicker forward with movement so we could play the ball into channels and in behind people a bit more?

And you do know the one we got is now injured?

And that our most creative player has been out with a long term injury?

People study an awful lot of what Hughes says yet seem to miss the things that address the complaints.

--------
28-09-2010, 04:54 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:

So he says he would like his players to put as much effort into training just as actual matches.....like Man Utd does.....wheres the problem there?

People wonder why the rags publish these stories......they just need to look at the people biting and lapping it up in here to see why...

Another non story

This sounds like another "Hughes shifting the blame onto the players" soundbite.

They're not training hard enough? It's his job to get them training hard enough.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 05:12 PM
This sounds like another "Hughes shifting the blame onto the players" soundbite.

They're not training hard enough? It's his job to get them training hard enough.

What do you suggest he does? :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Must admit, I really worry about tosh like this in the papers. Could be tongue-in-cheek. Could be him on the wind-up. But who gets the flack and the ridicule? The club and the fans. Just hope that the Man U he wants to be like, are not the side of the 70's that thought they were too big and too good to go down, but ended up in Div 2.

--------
28-09-2010, 05:16 PM
What do you suggest he does? :confused:

His job.

Instead of poncing around in front of the media all the time.

Gala Foxes
28-09-2010, 05:19 PM
So we are going to be a team of underdogs with a siege mentality that are playing a thoughtful passing game like a Dutch Man Utd - does anyone have a problem with that ?

--------
28-09-2010, 05:26 PM
So we are going to be a team of underdogs with a siege mentality that are playing a thoughtful passing game like a Dutch Man Utd - does anyone have a problem with that ?

Barca, real, Ajax, Manchester United. If we were playing like any or all of those, I'd have no problem at all.

My problem is reconciling the idea of us playing like a Champions' League team with the current state of the team under Hughes' direction.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Barca, real, Ajax, Manchester United. If we were playing like any or all of those, I'd have no problem at all.

My problem is reconciling the idea of us playing like a Champions' League team with the current state of the team under Hughes' direction.

So what is this info about Yogi you have come into that has changed your opinion so dramatically.It is obviously significant but can it be shared?

HFC 0-7
28-09-2010, 05:38 PM
You have heard Hughes saying the next stage is that he wants to make his team pass the ball quicker and far more effectively and in the right areas, right?

And you have head him saying that seeing as Galbraith missed two years of football before coming here that he hasn't quite been ready to start games but that he is giving him more and more time and he will soon be ready??

And you've also heard him say that we needed a quicker forward with movement so we could play the ball into channels and in behind people a bit more?

People study an awful lot of what Hughes says yet seem to miss the things that address the complaints.

Re the bit in bold, he seems quite happy to continually play De Graff who looks off the pace, slow and difficulty getting with grips with the game. The fact is Hibs have a team full of players that dont look ready to start a match. His refusal to give Galbraith a go is worrying.

Re the OP, Yogi needs to stop trying to get us to be like other teams, he just needs to get us like something that resembles a team. The Dutch way, the barcelona way and now the Man U way, this coming from the manager who said that the fans expectations are too high.

How people claim this is a non story I do not know. These seem like direct quotes from him which are causing many people to question what he is doing so IMO its a story.

Yogi is a desperate man, searching for the right thing to say but the sad fact is it doesnt matter what he says now, he cant put into practice these grand plans, so almost everyone has lost faith in him, and by the sounds of things it seems that certain players have as well. I think the fans would actually prefer if he stopped talking to the press.

When you put together the things that he wants his boys to be doing it actually shows that they are not doing anything right. He says he wants them to give 100% at training, he wants them to show more passion on the pitch, he wants quicker passing, he wants more direct passing, he wants us to be more clinical in front of goal and he wants us to stop getting intimidated. These are the things that he wants us to improve on, he is in charge of all of these aspects and since february he has been failing in every one of them.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 06:04 PM
His job.

Instead of poncing around in front of the media all the time.

He's been accused of being too soft, too pally now he's a bully. :confused: The media insist on there tuppence worth every day, if he ignored them he'd be accused of not handling the pressure, or going in the huff by not talking to them. Every second of his life is being scrutinized now, its pathetic.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 06:08 PM
We do. Hughes rarely plays him.

It looks to me as if the players are wary of taking responsibility for breaking the passing movement by making the killing pass.
Could this be in any way related to Hughes' habit of bollocking players off in public? As he has Galbraith and Hanlon recently?

Hughes can say whatever he likes to the press or his mate McLaughlin at the Beeb.

I no longer believe that what he says bears any relationship whatsoever to the actual state of the club and team. "There was no punch-up after the Killie game...."

Aye, right, Yogi - and I'm the next Dalai Lama, OK?

Deeks looks like the only player willing to take the gamble just now in the team.
Spot on with what you say. :agree:

Sumner
28-09-2010, 06:42 PM
more desperate flannel
from a desperate excuse for a manager :yawn:

Lmc2105
28-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Sometimes you just wish that he would shut up for at least a day or so and get something else to comment.

the guy is on a tight rope atm and he comes out with this garbage.

it isn't helping yogi some hibs fans just won't read what he writes anymore

anymore of this the EEN will run out of readers from the green half of the city

The_Todd
28-09-2010, 07:38 PM
He doesn't want us to play or be like Man Utd, he wants our players to treat training sessions like Man Utd players do. I wish he'd stop mentioning other teams when giving these interviews but he's not honestly said an awful lot wrong.

matty_f
28-09-2010, 07:39 PM

Spot on Andy:agree:

Folk are jumping on everything Yogi's saying at the moment and slaughtering him for it, without actually considering what he is actually saying.

Bostonhibby
28-09-2010, 07:52 PM
We've a few who could put in a decent shift at Manumission, Deek might even get in :wink:

We've got to start somewhere though, maybe we could work gradually towards this new target, our first aim must be to get past the likes of Ross County, Hamilton, Killie and St.Johnstone, then who knows? to infinity and beyond?

Christ, don't we have a press officer or as one other poster says can't we get someone else to talk to the media, or better still keep the talking in house until we have something worth talking about?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-09-2010, 08:45 PM
He's been accused of being too soft, too pally now he's a bully. :confused: The media insist on there tuppence worth every day, if he ignored them he'd be accused of not handling the pressure, or going in the huff by not talking to them. Every second of his life is being scrutinized now, its pathetic.

matty_f
28-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Phil MaGlass
28-09-2010, 08:56 PM

Folk are jumping on everything Yogi's saying at the moment and slaughtering him for it, without actually considering what he is actually saying.

Folk are jumping on everything he says for good reason.The comments he is coming out with are removed cringeworthy and embarrassing. Im trying to think of the last time he had something interesting to actually say without putting his foot in it.
oops have tae go highlights are on.

matty_f
28-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Folk are jumping on everything he says for good reason.The comments he is coming out with are removed cringeworthy and embarrassing. Im trying to think of the last time he had something interesting to actually say without putting his foot in it.
oops have tae go highlights are on.

Who's embarrassed by it?:confused:

"I told the boys the other day about Manchester United and the way that they work. The level of intensity in their training sessions is so high that their senior players get more out of a session than they would in a reserve game because they put absolutely everything into it.

"That's what I want to see from my boys, I want to see them give 100 per cent and, to be fair to them, they have started to do that.

What is embarrassing about that?

Jonnyboy
28-09-2010, 09:49 PM

Yep, he's said a lot of those things Andy but I've yet to see the evidence of them transpiring. Of course you'll think I'm too impatient but I feel justified when I see my team just one point from the bottom of the league; easily snuffed out by all opponents because our style of play is so predictable etc etc etc.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Sometimes Matty I could swear you're sleeping with Yogi or something :greengrin

For every comment dissing him you and a few (dwindling all the time) others come back with the old 'get off his back' routine. An ever growing number of Hibs fans have lost patience with him and there's good reason for that IMO

matty_f
28-09-2010, 10:01 PM

For every comment dissing him you and a few (dwindling all the time) others come back with the old 'get off his back' routine. An ever growing number of Hibs fans have lost patience with him and there's good reason for that IMO

:faf: Jonnyboy go and search through my posts for the last month and you'll find plenty criticising Yogi.

I have said more than I care to remember that the results and performances have warranted criticism, however where I'm prepared to defend Yogi (and anyone else at Hibs, for that matter) is when the criticism is nothing more than pack-mentality bullying - refusing to concede that anything he says could have some merit in it.

I'm reading, on a nightly basis, on here countless posts of people putting the boot into almost all things Hibs, well that's not for me.

I will always defend Hibs where I think we deserve it. Read the article and tell me Yogi deserves the stick that it's attracted on here.

I guess there's a perception of me on here as someone that is a happy clapper or whatever, but that's pish. Maybe that's why you'll notice the posts I make defending Yogi but totally ignore the ones where I say we've been pish.

bawheid
28-09-2010, 10:03 PM

I must be one of the others. :greengrin

I do think some of the over-analysis of Hughes' comments is now verging on the ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with what he was saying in the EEN today. He wasn't comparing Hibs to Manchester United, just like he wasn't comparing them to Barcelona or Holland previously. I think a lot of folk are just looking for any stick to beat him with now, and it's a bit sad. We're turning on one of our own, just like we did with Mixu and (to an extent) Collins.

Hughes will be hung if his results don't improve, pure and simple. We don't need all the other stuff IMO.

Jonnyboy
28-09-2010, 10:14 PM
:faf: Jonnyboy go and search through my posts for the last month and you'll find plenty criticising Yogi.

I have said more than I care to remember that the results and performances have warranted criticism, however where I'm prepared to defend Yogi (and anyone else at Hibs, for that matter) is when the criticism is nothing more than pack-mentality bullying - refusing to concede that anything he says could have some merit in it.

I'm reading, on a nightly basis, on here countless posts of people putting the boot into almost all things Hibs, well that's not for me.

I will always defend Hibs where I think we deserve it. Read the article and tell me Yogi deserves the stick that it's attracted on here.

I guess there's a perception of me on here as someone that is a happy clapper or whatever, but that's pish. Maybe that's why you'll notice the posts I make defending Yogi but totally ignore the ones where I say we've been pish.

Fair do's Matty, I actually agree that a lot of the stuff is both uncalled for and undeserved but amongst all that chaff there are kernels of wheat and it seems at times that even those reasoned arguments are dismissed as somehow simply being anti Yogi.

Like you I hate folk dissing our club but I accept that sometimes the dissing is merited if not particularly well phrased :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-09-2010, 10:17 PM

I do think some of the over-analysis of Hughes' comments is now verging on the ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with what he was saying in the EEN today. He wasn't comparing Hibs to Manchester United, just like he wasn't comparing them to Barcelona or Holland previously. I think a lot of folk are just looking for any stick to beat him with now, and it's a bit sad. We're turning on one of our own, just like we did with Mixu and (to an extent) Collins.

Hughes will be hung if his results don't improve, pure and simple. We don't need all the other stuff IMO.

Agreed baw. As in my response to Matty I accept there's load of undeserved crap written but there's also some reasoned arguments and my concern is that they all get reacted to in the same way!

Brads Laing
29-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Yogi needs to learn when to stop talking as he comes out with stupid statements like this one and doesn't back them up on the pitch.

bawheid
29-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Yogi needs to learn when to stop talking as he comes out with stupid statements like this one and doesn't back them up on the pitch.

What stupid statement? :confused:

yekimevol
29-09-2010, 01:38 PM
strange i just want us to be more like hibs getting the ball moving accross the pitch with a attacking purpose and getting points on the board at the same time

Bostonhibby
29-09-2010, 08:09 PM

I see what you are saying to an extent, but I think that if you are not the OF, the press / media are not worried about pandering too much to your fans or club so maybe a bit more media savvy approach is the answer?, but Yogi seems to just walk right into it.

if it was uncle Wallie, or the cheeky chappie Alliy that were riding along on the crest of Yogi's current slump the media would be carrying sympathetic stories and trotting out the excuses before the defeat, it just seems to me that with Yogi just now he is diving straight in without thinking, or someone doing it for him and he's an easy way for a lazy media to get a cheap story, quote or headline, until very recently I was in the Yogi must stay camp so it pains me to say this - just my view.......................

Andy74
30-09-2010, 09:04 AM

Exactly right. If you have valid points about the performances and the results then let them do the talking.

This other stuff is pathetic.

Hughes gets some stick about not sounding the most intelligent. This is from people who can't read an article and interpret it in the right way.

There's nothing wrong with anyhting he's been saying and yes the players aren't quite getting there yet but what exactly can Hughes do to improve the players in these aspects? Keep working with them and replace them if they aren't up to it. As he says that will take him far more time than he's had so far.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 09:07 AM
I see what you are saying to an extent, but I think that if you are not the OF, the press / media are not worried about pandering too much to your fans or club so maybe a bit more media savvy approach is the answer?, but Yogi seems to just walk right into it.

if it was uncle Wallie, or the cheeky chappie Alliy that were riding along on the crest of Yogi's current slump the media would be carrying sympathetic stories and trotting out the excuses before the defeat, it just seems to me that with Yogi just now he is diving straight in without thinking, or someone doing it for him and he's an easy way for a lazy media to get a cheap story, quote or headline, until very recently I was in the Yogi must stay camp so it pains me to say this - just my view.......................

I don't see that he is walking into anything. People either aren't reading what he is actually saying or are twisting it to suit what they think he is saying.

He doesn't need to change his approach at all.

People also accuse him of repeating the same old stuff. He's sadi himsef he is sick of saying the same stuff but when that stuff is your honest opinion and you keep getting asked the same thing, there's no way it should change.

It's not like the critics are thinking up anything new.

Expecting Rain
30-09-2010, 09:18 AM
I`d rather Yogi focused on Hibs and talking about trying to find the right balance and the right attitude to training sessions and matches, if there is a development in these areas and we start winning games then he can say what he wants, i think the majority of the fans can see what he wants but he has to be realistic regarding the personel he has at the club and how he utilises them.

matty_f
30-09-2010, 10:19 AM
I`d rather Yogi focused on Hibs and talking about trying to find the right balance and the right attitude to training sessions and matches, if there is a development in these areas and we start winning games then he can say what he wants, i think the majority of the fans can see what he wants but he has to be realistic regarding the personel he has at the club and how he utilises them.

What was unrealistic about saying he wants to get the players training like Manchester United in this context:

"I told the boys the other day about Manchester United and the way that they work. The level of intensity in their training sessions is so high that their senior players get more out of a session than they would in a reserve game because they put absolutely everything into it.

"That's what I want to see from my boys, I want to see them give 100 per cent and, to be fair to them, they have started to do that.

Are the players at Hibs not capable of doing this?

Andy74
30-09-2010, 10:26 AM

Which is what he done, using a valid example to illustrate what he was talking about.

silverhibee
30-09-2010, 12:13 PM
What was unrealistic about saying he wants to get the players training like Manchester United in this context:

Are the players at Hibs not capable of doing this?

Of course they are.
People on here say that the team look very unfit, i dont believe that, i think it is down to there being no pace in the team that maybe looks like the players are unfit and slow, the manager mentioned last season that he was not putting EMs to its best use, now i believe this season the manager has laid down the law to players regarding start time and finish time, double sessions most days, work in the gym in afternoon, training is intense, maybe when the manager says he cant ask for anymore from the lads in training this is what he means, they are putting in the work during the week, but come the weekend wee look a bit on the slow side, and then people start saying the players look unfit, when its not the case.

matty_f
30-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Of course they are.
People on here say that the team look very unfit, i dont believe that, i think it is down to there being no pace in the team that maybe looks like the players are unfit and slow, the manager mentioned last season that he was not putting EMs to its best use, now i believe this season the manager has laid down the law to players regarding start time and finish time, double sessions most days, work in the gym in afternoon, training is intense, maybe when the manager says he cant ask for anymore from the lads in training this is what he means, they are putting in the work during the week, but come the weekend wee look a bit on the slow side, and then people start saying the players look unfit, when its not the case.

I think we're saying the same thing - I was making the point by asking that question that Hibs players are capable of training like that (therefore Yogi wasn't being unrealistic with his statement). From what I've picked up from a number of interviews with players recently, is that the intensity etc at training has picked up a lot.

I agree about the pace as well, we are fit, but slow.