PDA

View Full Version : St Johnstone on Saturday

Sammy7nil
28-09-2010, 11:49 AM
This game will decide a great deal of what happens in the next few months at our club.

We got gubbed in this fixture last season can we turn it around?

Can Yogi get tactics right?

Will the players be up for the fight, before St Johnstone lets us play?

Do the Players want to play for Yogi?

Will Hibs fans turn out in numbers?

Lots of questions do Hibs have the answers?

I am gonig for a 3 - 1 defeat hope am wrong but I see big changes at ER Soon.

Thecat23
28-09-2010, 11:58 AM
1-1 I think or Hibs to sneak it. I hate to think we will lose another game and I know that could force Yogi out but i'd much rather Hibs picked up 3 points then kick off from there. If not though i do think Yogi will be sacked.

Sammy7nil
28-09-2010, 12:00 PM
1-1 I think or Hibs to sneak it. I hate to think we will lose another game and I know that could force Yogi out but i'd much rather Hibs picked up 3 points then kick off from there. If not though i do think Yogi will be sacked.

I want Hibs to win, I want Yogi to be a success.

I just cant see Hibs turning it around here, when we had a good team we would struggle at Perth :boo hoo:

Steve20
28-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Yogi will not be sacked, no matter what happens in Perth on Saturday.

Thecat23
28-09-2010, 12:05 PM

I just cant see Hibs turning it around here, when we had a good team we would struggle at Perth :boo hoo:

Sorry i wasn't meaning you wanted Hibs to lose, was just saying myself i hoped we'd win as i know a couple of hibs fans that want Yogi out soon as. But i agree with you bud, even good Hibs teams have struggled up there, so be a very tough game to win.

Thecat23
28-09-2010, 12:06 PM

Really? do you have inside info? Not saying your lying just wondering how you know as i would have thought the pressure on the board would just be to much and its a results business.

Green_one
28-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Hibs have no right to beat St Johnstone and its wrong to expect it.

Plus luck will be totally against us.

A damn good go is what we can expect. Those that understand footie will see the plus side.

I live for the post match interview. Fair picks me up.

Beating the Saints - the zenith of football achievements. All will then be well and we can all wake up from this nightmare? It was the St Johnstone games which first gave me serious doubts about Yogi.

Sammy7nil
28-09-2010, 12:11 PM

If Yogi keeps referring to -

Hibs - Man utd (Evening News today)
Hibs - Dutch football
Hibs - Not on a poor run just played top teams
Hibs - Total football
Hibs - Ma Boys could no gie me any mair
Hibs - Effort, committment and drive there for all to see
Hibs - Fitba guys kem whits guan on here

He may not be scacked he may be locked up

Good luck Yogi you are "guan tae need it"

Bostonhibby
28-09-2010, 08:11 PM

:agree: Am worried that if we can't match their agression in the middle they will boss it and we might be heading for 4 or 5 - 1 defeat...................

--------
28-09-2010, 08:18 PM
This game will decide a great deal of what happens in the next few months at our club.

We got gubbed in this fixture last season can we turn it around? Possibly.

Can Yogi get tactics right? Erm, NO.

Will the players be up for the fight, before St Johnstone lets us play? Maybes AYE, likelies NAW.

Do the Players want to play for Yogi? Does it look like it?

Will Hibs fans turn out in numbers? "Numbers" means "more than one", so I guess the answer's YES.

Lots of questions do Hibs have the answers? YES. Depends if they want to put the answer to the BIG question into action.

I REALLY hope your last sentence comes true - the second bit, anyway.

But I'm afraid we'll have to lose a few more games before we see action from those in charge.

Dashing Bob S
29-09-2010, 01:51 PM
It's fairly obvious that Hibs are going to turn in a convincing performance and win comfortably. Then the support are going to polarise between 'kickstarts the season' and '5 wins out of 29 games- big deal' camps.

2-0 Greens.

Sorry folks.

hibiedude
29-09-2010, 04:12 PM
We'll go one up and St Johnstone will start to get control in Midfield and it will end 1-1

.Sean.
29-09-2010, 04:18 PM

We got gubbed in this fixture last season can we turn it around? We have the personell to turn it round, it's the application that seems to be the problem.

Can Yogi get tactics right? Yes and no. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's outfoxed again by McInnes though.

Will the players be up for the fight, before St Johnstone lets us play? Don't bet on it.

Do the Players want to play for Yogi? Some do.

Will Hibs fans turn out in numbers? Around 1000 i'd think.

I'll predict a 2-2 draw. We'll go ahead in the first half and chuck it away. If we go a goal behind I don't think we'll have it in us to come back.

Andy74
29-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Really? do you have inside info? Not saying your lying just wondering how you know as i would have thought the pressure on the board would just be to much and its a results business.

I don't believe there is any pressure on the board just now, despite how it may seem on here most days.

It's simply not at the level of concern that many seem to believe it is.

There is no danger Hughes will be sacked any time soon even if we lose so the focus should be on supporting Hibs to a win not on hoping we lose to force a change. It's not going to happen.

Also, where are people getting this notion of the players not playing for hughes?

I've seen a few things wrong recently but effort and commitment haven't been part of it.

Seems just a pretty easy line to come out with.

Bookkeeper
29-09-2010, 04:23 PM
As they say.. we'll have to battle hard to win the right to play the fitba'. Some more fire in the belly required this time. Not sure Ian Murrays fitness/availability for this one, but would like to see him feature (in the midfield).

Saying that, if we score in the 8th minute - ah'm gonny be worried.

Andy74
29-09-2010, 04:48 PM
As they say.. we'll have to battle hard to win the right to play the fitba'. Some more fire in the belly required this time. Not sure Ian Murrays fitness/availability for this one, but would like to see him feature (in the midfield).

Saying that, if we score in the 8th minute - ah'm gonny be worried.

I'm hoping they are under orders not to score around that time. Just make sure the early chances fall to De Graaf!

smurf
30-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I've read and indeed posted many more silly things in my time but the opinion that Hughes is under no threat is ridiculous.

The board would HAVE to act if we were in a RELEGATION position in October.

Phil MaGlass
30-09-2010, 09:11 AM
3-1 for Hibs we will win this at a canter and this will be the start of a great season.

Flo1898
30-09-2010, 09:35 AM
2:0 for Hibs. No question.

Antifa Hibs
30-09-2010, 09:41 AM
This will be the first game i have decided not to go to in about 10 years.

I honestly couldn't care one bit about it. If we get beat, we could be bottom/2nd bottom, going into the AGM, he should get punted. Its an international break so gives a board a wee bit less time to appoint a new manager. :cool2:

Steve20
30-09-2010, 09:44 AM

No inside info. I just don't tink our board would act until attendances really start to go down, or if we were bottom at Christmas.

Moulin Yarns
30-09-2010, 10:10 AM

I honestly couldn't care one bit about it. If we get beat, we could be bottom/2nd bottom, going into the AGM, he should get punted. Its an international break so gives a board a wee bit less time to appoint a new manager. :cool2:

Funny that, it will be my first game of the season.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 10:36 AM

It becomes a bit of a self fullfilling thing, you withdraw the support, things get worse, job done.

And we wonder why we never achieve anyhting?

Beefster
30-09-2010, 10:46 AM
It becomes a bit of a self fullfilling thing, you withdraw the support, things get worse, job done.

Can you give it a rest with trying to pin our last 30 games on the fans? You blaming folk who pay out thousands every year to follow the team rather than those in charge who earn hundreds of thousands is becoming tiresome.

On topic, we'll lose 2-1.

down the slope
30-09-2010, 10:51 AM

Thank you Mrs Hughes !, i admire your support for our manager but to turn your answer round, the team start winning, support grows and things get better, none of the latter has he achieved since March.

calumhibee1
30-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Can you give it a rest with trying to pin our last 30 games on the fans? You blaming folk who pay out thousands every year to follow the team rather than those in charge who earn hundreds of thousands is becoming tiresome.

On topic, we'll lose 2-1.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2010, 11:01 AM

I did the exact same thing when Mixu was in charge. You will go back, we all do. I lasted about 5 games before i slinked back in. :wink:

Expecting Rain
30-09-2010, 11:09 AM

Brilliant post!:top marks

BroxburnHibee
30-09-2010, 11:24 AM
2-0 Hibs..............

Andy74
30-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Away you go, there's hundreds of posts criticising the same things day in and day out, anyone disagreeing is entitled to carry on disagreeing.

I'm not saying fans are to blame for form but they certainly, if they walk away instead of try and support, have a huge part to play in ensuring that the form is more difficult to turn round.

Bookkeeper
30-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Thank you Mrs Hughes !, i admire your support for our manager but to turn your answer round, the team start winning, support grows and things get better, none of the latter has he achieved since March.

:agree: Ahh! Mowbray's famous 'Upward Spiral'...the fans can do so much, whether we're doing it is debatable I suppose, but the team/manager must take the lead. Then the support will grow.

Ritchie
30-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Away you go, there's hundreds of posts criticising the same things day in and day out, anyone disagreeing is entitled to carry on disagreeing.

I'm not saying fans are to blame for form but they certainly, if they walk away instead of try and support, have a huge part to play in ensuring that the form is more difficult to turn round.

nonsense.... are you trying to say that if ER is full to capacity every game, hughes will learn how to pick a proper team, use sub's effectivley & use the correct tactics.....dont think so.

it shouldnt matter if hibs are playing infront of 10 or 10,000 fans. They should be performing a lot better than what they have been regardless.

fans dont pick teams.

Albion Hibs
30-09-2010, 12:09 PM
:agree: Ahh! Mowbray's famous 'Upward Spiral'...the fans can do so much, whether we're doing it is debatable I suppose, but the team/manager must take the lead. Then the support will grow.

I would hope that regardless of the team and how the manager is performing the support will be the and grow. My view is simple, I am a Hibs fan.

I have seen a lot worse hibs performances and it would not stop be going to a game, the whole thing is a bit of a struggle if we only support when we are winning.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 12:16 PM
nonsense.... are you trying to say that if ER is full to capacity every game, hughes will learn how to pick a proper team, use sub's effectivley & use the correct tactics.....dont think so.

it shouldnt matter if hibs are playing infront of 10 or 10,000 fans. They should be performing a lot better than what they have been regardless.

fans dont pick teams.

That's allright if you think it's the picking of the team and tactics that are to blame for the form, and I do agree they should have been performing much better, but so should we as fans in some ways. We aren't half quiet these days. I've seen teams much worse than us getting much better support.

I've no real complaints about what the fans have done up to now but all I'm saying is we shouldn't be deserting them now or staying away until Hughes goes. That just won't help.

If things don't improve the Board and Hughes will know what to do if the fans are there or not.

Anyway, shut it you! :greengrin

Ritchie
30-09-2010, 12:23 PM
That's allright if you think it's the picking of the team and tactics that are to blame for the form, and I do agree they should have been performing much better, but so should we as fans in some ways. We aren't half quiet these days. I've seen teams much worse than us getting much better support.

I've no real complaints about what the fans have done up to now but all I'm saying is we shouldn't be deserting them now or staying away until Hughes goes. That just won't help.

If things don't improve the Board and Hughes will know what to do if the fans are there or not.

Anyway, shut it you! :greengrin

thats what i do think though... ive been telling you and the rest of the board this for MONTHS!! :agree:

i agree about the board and yogi knowing what to do.... just think it could be a lot sooner than you think.... the next two games will be yogis last if results go against us IMO.

ive had enough debating about all this anyway, its beginning to be a bit like groundhog day on here.

the same people having the same debates every day... they're only worded different.

anyway, mouth firmly shut!! (for now) :wink:

marinello59
30-09-2010, 12:31 PM

We got gubbed in this fixture last season can we turn it around?

Can Yogi get tactics right?

Will the players be up for the fight, before St Johnstone lets us play?

Do the Players want to play for Yogi?

Will Hibs fans turn out in numbers?

I am going to Perth for a few pints, chat with friends and to watch the Hibs play. And even worse I am looking forward to it. Maybe I am just to shallow to be a Hibs fan.:greengrin

Bookkeeper
30-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I would hope that regardless of the team and how the manager is performing the support will be the and grow. My view is simple, I am a Hibs fan.

I have seen a lot worse hibs performances and it would not stop be going to a game, the whole thing is a bit of a struggle if we only support when we are winning.

Been going for over 30 years, so i've seen some mince too over the years and like virtually ever other fan, I still go now.

All i'm saying is that the reality is - it's more enjoyable watching an entertaining and hopefully winning team than not. Success breeds success. A well performing team will draw greater crowds. If we want more fans to come, the product must be there on the park. There are a lot of alternatives for folk to spend their hard earned cash on.

Anyway back to the thread, I had a 2-1 win for St.Johnstone on the predictor but i'm feeling more upbeat now - 3-1 Hibs :thumbsup:

.Sean.
30-09-2010, 03:53 PM

You're not alone there mate, a mate of mine who attended every single match last season is choosing not to go to this one, and there's even a bus leaving from his local.

Guarunteed come about lunchtime Saturday you'll be wishing you'd went :wink: