PDA

View Full Version : AGM - Could Be Interesting

offshorehibby
28-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Was thinking about this last night
2nd October away to St Johnstone
4th October AGM

If things go tits up on Saturday the 4th could turn into a very interesting day. I honestly could not see any resignation then.

What do you think.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Was thinking about this last night
2nd October away to St Johnstone
4th October AGM

If things go tits up on Saturday the 4th could turn into a very interesting day. I honestly could not see any resignation then.

What do you think.

If Hibs were to get beat on Saturday up in Perth, i would expect the the manager to be sacked by 7.30 that night. :taxi:
Is it possible to postspone the AGM.?

offshorehibby
28-09-2010, 08:31 AM
If Hibs were to get beat on Saturday up in Perth, i would expect the the manager to be sacked by 7.30 that night. :taxi:
Is it possible to postspone the AGM.?

Could make for one of the most explosive AGM's in a lot of years and i'm going to miss it.

danderchook
28-09-2010, 08:40 AM
Was just thinking that myself.

Last years AGM was almost like a love in, Yogi had just been named manager of the month and Deeks was player of the month.

The most contentious debate las year was about our throw ins, it will be interesting to see how this years pans out.

I remember leaving last years AGM disappointed that they were not building a new stand !!!!!

Mikey
28-09-2010, 08:45 AM
If you're a PM make sure you've read this thread.........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?192967-Questions-For-The-AGM-Monday-4th-October

offshorehibby
28-09-2010, 08:54 AM
If you're a PM make sure you've read this thread.........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?192967-Questions-For-The-AGM-Monday-4th-October

looking forward to hearing you guys summery from AGM seen i'' not make it this year.

sambajustice
28-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Will somebody please ask what our player budget will be in the First Division?

Andy74
28-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Losing in Perth not exactly unusual over the years so would not expect any sacking if that was the case.

The Board will be looking at where they think the club is going long term under Hughes, not just on a run of form, although obviously results are ultimately an important factor.

I know it's got a bit hystrical on here but I honesty don't think Hughes' job is anywhere near being reviewed so there's a lot of wasted energy here!

Looking over the road, 1 point from 3 home games, probably 1 point from 4 after next week. An experienced manager with a big budget. It happens.

Beefster
28-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Losing in Perth not exactly unusual over the years so would not expect any sacking if that was the case.

The Board will be looking at where they think the club is going long term under Hughes, not just on a run of form, although obviously results are ultimately an important factor.

I know it's got a bit hystrical on here but I honesty don't think Hughes' job is anywhere near being reviewed so there's a lot of wasted energy here!

Looking over the road, 1 point from 3 home games, probably 1 point from 4 after next week. An experienced manager with a big budget. It happens.

Yet again you're being selective with our form to suit your purposes. No-one is talking solely about this season.

We've gained 17 points in 22 SPL games (which is relegation form in 90% of seasons) and been pumped out of the cups by Ross County and Killie.

That rarely happens without a change of manager.

--------
28-09-2010, 09:51 AM
If Hibs were to get beat on Saturday up in Perth, i would expect the the manager to be sacked by 7.30 that night.

:taxi:

I would certainly hope so, but I have a feeling that the board may be trying to wait him out - let things get to the point where he walks rather than has to be sacked.

At the risk of being accused of being contemptible again, I would accept a bad result at Perth if it meant that Hughes was punted. Better still if Hughes reacted by going off the deep end and giving the board reason to dismiss him without compensation. (I think that's becoming increasingly possible, btw.)

Then we could punt him, give the team over to Brian Rice and Gareth, and start looking for a proper appointment. If I were RP, I'd relieve him of his duties right now, and let Brian and Gareth take over until either they prove themselves, or that proper appointment can be made.

As one who was taken in completely by him last year, I have to admit I was entirely mistaken then; IMHO Hibernian will not prosper while Hughes is anywhere near the club or the team.

It would be nice if the board also took a hard look at themselves and the ways in which they appoint our managers, too. Heaven knows they've had enough practice over the past 15 years.

So in short, I'm afraid we're stuck with him for a while regardless of what happens on Saturday - unless of course we get stuffed the same way we were the last time.

Jack
28-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Was just thinking that myself.

Last years AGM was almost like a love in, Yogi had just been named manager of the month and Deeks was player of the month.

The most contentious debate las year was about our throw ins, it will be interesting to see how this years pans out.

I remember leaving last years AGM disappointed that they were not building a new stand !!!!!

Matters arising

Despite the best efforts of all those involved the team has been unable to improve its performance from throw ins.

[anyone notice that the move that led to ICTs goal was from our flippin’ throw in :grr:]

PS I thought the throw in question was the year before???

Andy74
28-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Yet again you're being selective with our form to suit your purposes. No-one is talking solely about this season.

We've gained 17 points in 22 SPL games (which is relegation form in 90% of seasons) and been pumped out of the cups by Ross County and Killie.

That rarely happens without a change of manager.

My purposes?

I recognise last season's run of form at the end of the season, so will the Board have, and ultimately we ended up fourth.

Ross County also pumped the new Celtic manager out the cup and he's done allright since.

Ultimately results will decide if the manager stays or goes but if you think that decision will be made a few weeks into a season after we've finished fourth in the previous one then you will be disappointed I think.

sambajustice
28-09-2010, 10:20 AM
My purposes?

I recognise last season's run of form at the end of the season, so will the Board have, and ultimately we ended up fourth.

Ross County also pumped the new Celtic manager out the cup and he's done allright since.

Ultimately results will decide if the manager stays or goes but if you think that decision will be made a few weeks into a season after we've finished fourth in the previous one then you will be disappointed I think.

Yeah, but ours hasnt!

Sir David Gray
28-09-2010, 11:03 AM
My purposes?

Since losing to Ross County, Celtic have won 15 out of their subsequent 17 matches in all competitions.

Since losing to Ross County, Hibs have won 3 out of their subsequent 18 matches in all competitions.

There lies the difference.

Craig_in_Prague
28-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Since losing to Ross County, Celtic have won 15 out of their subsequent 17 matches in all competitions.

Since losing to Ross County, Hibs have won 3 out of their subsequent 18 matches in all competitions.

:top marks

DC_Hibs
28-09-2010, 11:13 AM
A few points,

I think Killie at home could be the final straw for the board if we fail to win.

Hughes will need to be bulleted, he would not walk.

Brian Rice should leave with him.

Hughes must have dodgy photos of Andy74 (AKA The Knowledge)

Keith_M
28-09-2010, 11:27 AM
I dunno what you're all moaning about Yogi for. He has a long term plan to turn the club around and make us one of the most attractive teams to watch in Scotland. If that takes another couple of years, with relegation in the meantime, then so be it. It's the long term view that matters.

We played really well in the last 30 minutes against Celtic, giving but a small glimpse of what Yogi is aiming for. Our top scorer last year was apparently a disruptive influence in the dressing room so he's been punted. That shows that Yogi will not mess about when working toward his dream, even if it means we miss out on a few goals during the course of a season.

Yogi wants Hibs to play the attractive Dutch style. Hence the reason he's brought us the ultimate exponent of this in De-Graaf. Yogi obviously has an eye for a player so I can see De Graaf becoming the SPL player of the year, otherwise Yogi wouldn't have signed him.

So, I hope that's cleared that up for all you Doom and Gloomers, who obviously only hate the club and probably never go to games anyway.

Groathillgrump
28-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I dunno what you're all moaning about Yogi for. He has a long term plan to turn the club around and make us one of the most attractive teams to watch in Scotland. If that takes another couple of years, with relegation in the meantime, then so be it. It's the long term view that matters.

So relegation would be a reasonable price to pay to get a decent side together? Have a word with yourself mate! :bitchy:

EDIT: :hmmm: I've just read your post again so please tell me you're taking the piss. You can't honestly mean what you say about De Graaf? :greengrin

HFC 0-7
28-09-2010, 11:36 AM

We played really well in the last 30 minutes against Celtic, giving but a small glimpse of what Yogi is aiming for. Our top scorer last year was apparently a disruptive influence in the dressing room so he's been punted. That shows that Yogi will not mess about when working toward his dream, even if it means we miss out on a few goals during the course of a season.

Yogi wants Hibs to play the attractive Dutch style. Hence the reason he's brought us the ultimate exponent of this in De-Graaf. Yogi obviously has an eye for a player so I can see De Graaf becoming the SPL player of the year, otherwise Yogi wouldn't have signed him.

So, I hope that's cleared that up for all you Doom and Gloomers, who obviously only hate the club and probably never go to games anyway.

yeah, cause the board would really accept relegation as moving forward. And Yogi would be Ok with that even although the wage bill would need to be slashed big time if we were in the first division.

I really hope you were joking with your post!

PISTOL1875
28-09-2010, 11:38 AM

After reading that post , I've came to the assumption that you consumed large amounts of alcohol before you typed that up ???

BEEJ
28-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Loving the sarcasm. :greengrin

Keith_M
28-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Loving the sarcasm. :greengrin

Thanks, I put a lot of effort into that

:greengrin

HibbyRod
28-09-2010, 11:47 AM

Nice one Keekaboo! :greengrin

:fishin: Seems to have worked.

Keith_M
yeah, cause the board would really accept relegation as moving forward. And Yogi would be Ok with that even although the wage bill would need to be slashed big time if we were in the first division.

I really hope you were joking with your post!

After reading that post , I've came to the assumption that you consumed large amounts of alcohol before you typed that up ???

Aw come on, did you READ the De-Graaf part?

:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
Thanks, I put a lot of effort into that

:greengrin

:not worth

Keith_M
28-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Nice one Keekaboo! :greengrin

:fishin: Seems to have worked.

:not worth

Aw shucks, thanks.

:embarrass

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 11:50 AM

:taxi for you, unless your on the wind up, are you, if not you can share this with the manager at the weekend. :taxi

IWasThere2016
28-09-2010, 11:54 AM

And a bl88dy big one! :grr:

Congrats on hooking a few :thumbsup:

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 12:08 PM
I would certainly hope so, but I have a feeling that the board may be trying to wait him out - let things get to the point where he walks rather than has to be sacked.

At the risk of being accused of being contemptible again, I would accept a bad result at Perth if it meant that Hughes was punted. Better still if Hughes reacted by going off the deep end and giving the board reason to dismiss him without compensation. (I think that's becoming increasingly possible, btw.)

Then we could punt him, give the team over to Brian Rice and Gareth, and start looking for a proper appointment. If I were RP, I'd relieve him of his duties right now, and let Brian and Gareth take over until either they prove themselves, or that proper appointment can be made.

As one who was taken in completely by him last year, I have to admit I was entirely mistaken then; IMHO Hibernian will not prosper while Hughes is anywhere near the club or the team.

It would be nice if the board also took a hard look at themselves and the ways in which they appoint our managers, too. Heaven knows they've had enough practice over the past 15 years.

So in short, I'm afraid we're stuck with him for a while regardless of what happens on Saturday - unless of course we get stuffed the same way we were the last time.

So what you are saying is that you were wrong before about Yogi and you are right now?Hmm

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 12:20 PM

Doddie, if Hibs lose at the weekend it would be good timing to get rid of the manager straight after the game, it will be the international break coming and will give the board a wee bit of extra time to get a new manager in, i am sure there will be some good managers out there looking to get back in to work with a team again.
If Hibs get a win, great, but cant see me attending many games this season if :taxi is still in charge.

RIP
28-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Will the board will be able to explain why as a club we spend the equivalent of 2,000 Season Tickets per annum on board wages creating a business that's reliant on continued player sales to break even whilst spending only a third of that on the management of the football team.:devil:

FRes Hibbie
28-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Doddie, if Hibs lose at the weekend it would be good timing to get rid of the manager straight after the game, it will be the international break coming and will give the board a wee bit of extra time to get a new manager in, i am sure there will be some good managers out there looking to get back in to work with a team again.
If Hibs get a win, great, but cant see me attending many games this season if :taxi is still in charge.

You know when you really love a song but through over-listening end up hating it?

I think you can see where this is going...

HFC 0-7
28-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Aw come on, did you READ the De-Graaf part?

:wink:

That was the part that made me ask if you were joking

Alex Trager
28-09-2010, 01:54 PM
yogi is in a no win situation....if he proves all was just a big blimp there are people on here saying they will continue to not support him....what's that all about ,surely you want him to get everything sorted,meaning we don't go through the exact same thing next year with a new manager. this is how I see it anyway,if he CAN get things sorted why Would you not want that

Alex Trager
28-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Will the board will be able to explain why as a club we spend the equivalent of 2,000 Season Tickets per annum on board wages creating a business that's reliant on continued player sales to break even whilst spending only a third of that on the management of the football team.:devil:

and the football team

Eric
28-09-2010, 03:54 PM

A rather sweeping statement if I may say so! According to the latest Hibs Financial Statement the total paid to the Directors was £403,576. Were this to equate to 2000 Season Tickets it would price them at just over £200 each. Also I would be very surprised if the management of the team costs as little as £135K per season. Be very interested to know the source of the figures you used for your calculation.:confused:

WindyMiller
28-09-2010, 04:17 PM

And Mixu before him and J.C. before him?
How long will you give the next manager?

--------
28-09-2010, 04:20 PM
And Mixu before him and J.C. before him?
How long will you give the next manager?

I was in favour of giving Hughes time up to a few weeks ago.

Then I was made aware of certain things.

Now I want him gone.

END OF.

:taxi

WindyMiller
28-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Now I want him gone.

END OF.

Don't believe everything you Doddie there's a lot of people in this world with agendas.

Andy74
28-09-2010, 04:33 PM

Now I want him gone.

END OF.

Sadly this is what it has come to, the behind the scenes say so of people who believe they are informed about things. Sweetie wives that get bits of stories and are actually not harmless anymore but are ruining the club. We have it all the time with everything and it's a really serious point as to why we never achieve anything.

Jack
28-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Don't believe everything you Doddie there's a lot of people in this world with agendas.

Unfortunately there aren’t many football clubs with a record as bad as ours this year! Something has to give.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 04:54 PM
yogi is in a no win situation....if he proves all was just a big blimp there are people on here saying they will continue to not support him....what's that all about ,surely you want him to get everything sorted,meaning we don't go through the exact same thing next year with a new manager. this is how I see it anyway,if he CAN get things sorted why Would you not want that
I agree entirely.It appears that some posters would prefer Yogi to fail than to turn it around.If you have the opinion that Yogi is not the right man then fair enough but to wish for Hibs to lose just defies belief.If things start to change then when do you stop wishing for Hibs to lose.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Not any dig here but it appears you know more than has been posted.Is there some knowledge you have that can be posted?

--------
28-09-2010, 05:06 PM

You don't say? :cool2:

Sadly this is what it has come to, the behind the scenes say so of people who believe they are informed about things. Sweetie wives that get bits of stories and are actually not harmless anymore but are ruining the club. We have it all the time with everything and it's a really serious point as to why we never achieve anything.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee, Andy. We're going nowhere but down and out under Hughes.

And if you're saying that those who aren't happy with Hughes are the ones ruining the club, you need to take a reality check.

The board have performed superbly in ridding the club of debt, providing the best training facilities any coach could ask for, and a stadium as good as any of a similar size in Britain.

They've also provided cash to bring in players - we've made more signings than any other SPL club this year, and most of them are from reputable clubs and are decent players to say the least.

Until a few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that Hughes deserved a longer chance to prove himself. Now suffice to say I have heard things from people who have good reason to know exactly what they're talking about, things that lead me to the conclusion that John Hughes isn't a man I want anywhere near my football team.

I am NOT spreading rumours for the sake of spreading rumours. Nor am I jumping to conclusions based on gossip and innuendo. What I'm hearing is disgraceful and needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

I'm entitled to express my opinion. Whether you or anyone else agrees with me is beside the point. I have no intention of breaking anyone's confidence on this or any other public forum.

END OF.

KeithTheHibby
28-09-2010, 05:35 PM

Andy your backing of the club and board have never been in doubt over the years however where do you see Hughes taking us?

For me the record this season is irrelevant as we are only 9 games in; the problem for me is the record since we were humped 4-1 by Rangers.

I am not entirely aware of the stats however relegation material it is.

This in turn constitutes a run of 9 months poor results and if this was done over a season he would be gone; it is only the 4th place finish and subsequent 3 month close season break that has saved him from this.

Not sure if you have attended the home games this season however the place has the air of apathy around it and it actually feels like we are approaching the end of the season.

Bottom line for me is that I don't think Hughes can turn it around, the evidence suggests that he cannot do it.

Time will tell I suppose...

WindyMiller
28-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Not any dig here but it appears you know more than has been posted.Is there some knowledge you have that can be posted?

No problem mate.

I'm one of those rare people that just supports the Hibs, I'm not "in the know", nor do I know anyone "in the know".

IWasThere2016
28-09-2010, 07:03 PM

The facts -

1) the WORST home record in our 135 year history.

2) Relegation form

3) Falling home attendances

Nae sweetie-wifery required.

Craig_in_Prague
28-09-2010, 07:07 PM
The facts -

2) Relegation form

But there's always tinted specs, Andy74 fans at every club.
In fact, there's 400,000 supporting the dark pink mob seemingly.

He makes many decent points, but it seems he's holding Yogi's hand or knob whilst writing them.

hibee_nation
28-09-2010, 07:10 PM
You don't say? :cool2:

Time to wake up and smell the coffee, Andy. We're going nowhere but down and out under Hughes.

And if you're saying that those who aren't happy with Hughes are the ones ruining the club, you need to take a reality check.

The board have performed superbly in ridding the club of debt, providing the best training facilities any coach could ask for, and a stadium as good as any of a similar size in Britain.

They've also provided cash to bring in players - we've made more signings than any other SPL club this year, and most of them are from reputable clubs and are decent players to say the least.

Until a few weeks ago I would have agreed with you that Hughes deserved a longer chance to prove himself. Now suffice to say I have heard things from people who have good reason to know exactly what they're talking about, things that lead me to the conclusion that John Hughes isn't a man I want anywhere near my football team.

I am NOT spreading rumours for the sake of spreading rumours. Nor am I jumping to conclusions based on gossip and innuendo. What I'm hearing is disgraceful and needs to be sorted sooner rather than later.

I'm entitled to express my opinion. Whether you or anyone else agrees with me is beside the point. I have no intention of breaking anyone's confidence on this or any other public forum.

END OF.

I beg to differ that is exactley what you are doing, whether the info is true or not. If you can't say what you have heard then it is worthless to this messageboard. It only stokes the ego of the poster, all in my honest opinion of course.

hibee_nation
28-09-2010, 07:12 PM

He makes many decent points, but it seems he's holding Yogi's hand or knob whilst writing them.

I suspect after reading that he would be rather holding your throat. :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
28-09-2010, 07:13 PM
I suspect after reading that he would be rather holding your throat. :greengrin

maybe :greengrin

I actually respect him and read his posts with interest.

Just couldn't come up with any better ending to what I was getting at.

hibee_nation
28-09-2010, 07:15 PM
maybe :greengrin

I actually respect him and read his posts with interest.

Just couldn't come up with any better ending to what I was getting at.

I was wondering if you had just revealed doddies scoop. :greengrin

matty_f
28-09-2010, 09:55 PM
The facts -

2) Relegation form

Wouldn't relegation form be the team at the bottom of the league?:confused:

HibbyScott
28-09-2010, 10:05 PM
Wouldn't relegation form be the team at the bottom of the league?:confused:

We're only 1 point from the bottom. And if our current run of form keeps up then I'd expect us to be there before long. A long way from good enough IMO

matty_f
28-09-2010, 10:08 PM
We're only 1 point from the bottom. And if our current run of form keeps up then I'd expect us to be there before long. A long way from good enough IMO

But if the teams below us form continues then they'd go down.

Though I agree, it is a long way from being good enough. Another 3 points and we'd be third, which would probably be good enough, IMHO.

bawheid
28-09-2010, 10:19 PM

END OF.

You are spreading rumours though Doddie. Rumours of the very worst kind. The cleverly placed rumour that something shockingly disgraceful has happened, but you can't tell us what it is. Instead you leave the reader with the knowledge that something outrageous is going on and it must be stopped.

Did you hear what I read on the internet last night? Apparently Hughes is carrying on in a completely disgraceful manner. Aye, not sure what it is but I read it with my own eyes. He's got to go.

Nah, I'm not buying it. Andy's spot on with the sweetie wives comparison.

new malkyhib
28-09-2010, 10:22 PM

:faf:Powerful imagery...

YetholmHibee
28-09-2010, 11:06 PM

:top marks :taxi :grr: :agree:

That's what it is all about!

IMHO it started at Rangers defeat at Easter Road in December 2009 - Bamba's last game before African Cup.

TornadoHibby
29-09-2010, 07:10 AM
But if the teams below us form continues then they'd go down.

Though I agree, it is a long way from being good enough. Another 3 points and we'd be third, which would probably be good enough, IMHO.

I don't think that taking the "double negative" approach is the way to look at the situation although factually it is sound if what you promulgate occurs! :cool2:

However, I'm a great believer in sorting out one's own problems and difficulties and then other people don't have the same influence on oneself! :wink:

If Hibs get their house in order, and that could well mean an early exit for the manager based upon the teams' dismal results since the start of this year despite having brought in a significant number of "his" players over his period in office, then perhaps we won't need to depend upon the others at the bottom of the SPL losing more points than we do! :hmmm: :dunno: :cool2:

matty_f
29-09-2010, 07:15 AM
I don't think that taking the "double negative" approach is the way to look at the situation although factually it is sound if what you promulgate occurs! :cool2:

However, I'm a great believer in sorting out one's own problems and difficulties and then other people don't have the same influence on oneself! :wink:

If Hibs get their house in order, and that could well mean an early exit for the manager based upon the teams' dismal results since the start of this year despite having brought in a significant number of "his" players over his period in office, then perhaps we won't need to depend upon the others at the bottom of the SPL losing more points than we do! :hmmm: :dunno: :cool2:

Can you list the results in January that were dismal please?:confused::rolleyes::cool2::blah::devil:

Caversham Green
29-09-2010, 07:20 AM
:top marks :taxi :grr: :agree:

That's what it is all about!

IMHO it started at Rangers defeat at Easter Road in December 2009 - Bamba's last game before African Cup.

:hmmm: Our record in the eight games (mostly Bamba-free) after the Rangers one was: D W L W W W W D. Then we lost to the huns again and the real slump began. We are frequently told that Bamba is a disruptive influence in the dressing-room and it is widely reported that he and Nish had a 'disagreement' after the Killie game. Both were injured/dropped for the Celtc game and by all accounts we played quite well.

What conclusions could be drawn from that?

basehibby
29-09-2010, 07:40 AM

CONTEMPTIBLE :bitchy: :grr: :bitchy:

Tricla
29-09-2010, 07:43 AM
I don't think that taking the "double negative" approach is the way to look at the situation although factually it is sound if what you promulgate occurs!

However, I'm a great believer in sorting out one's own problems and difficulties and then other people don't have the same influence on oneself!

If Hibs get their house in order, and that could well mean an early exit for the manager based upon the teams' dismal results since the start of this year despite having brought in a significant number of "his" players over his period in office, then perhaps we won't need to depend upon the others at the bottom of the SPL losing more points than we do!

:confused::cool2::boo hoo::bitchy::grr::rolleyes::dummytit::faf::bye::de vil:

Jack
29-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Can you list the results in January that were dismal please?:confused::rolleyes::cool2::blah::devil:

Maybe he included January so the results looked better :agree:

HFC 0-7
29-09-2010, 08:21 AM

Hibs 5 v Hamilton 1 (Dismal, losing a goal WTF!)

Hibs 2 v Celtic 1 (Dismal, They were there for the taking, should have been 5)

Hibs 3 v Irvine Meadow 0 (dismal, did you see how many fans they brought through, should have let them score!)

IMO the bad run of RESULTS started on the 10th february against aberdeen, the bad performances had started creaping in well before then.

matty_f
29-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Maybe he included January so the results looked better :agree:

That doesn't make sense.

His quote was :

If Hibs get their house in order, and that could well mean an early exit for the manager based upon the teams' dismal results since the start of this year despite having brought in a significant number of "his" players over his period in office, then perhaps we won't need to depend upon the others at the bottom of the SPL losing more points than we do!

To me, he's not trying to put any kind of positive spin on the results (and nor should he) and in fact is trying to paint a worse picture than the reality.

The run's bad enough without people making up that it was worse.

matty_f
29-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Hibs 5 v Hamilton 1 (Dismal, losing a goal WTF!)

Hibs 2 v Celtic 1 (Dismal, They were there for the taking, should have been 5)

Hibs 3 v Irvine Meadow 0 (dismal, did you see how many fans they brought through, should have let them score!)

IMO the bad run of RESULTS started on the 10th february against aberdeen, the bad performances had started creaping in well before then.

Yep, I thought those were the results at the start of the year.

I thought the performance against Hamilton was good, and we did very well to beat Celtc, the Irvine Meadow game we just went through the motions.

We did put in a couple of good performances later in the season as well.

Interesting though, that when we win it's the performance that counts rather than the result, but when we're losing folk won't acknowledge any positives in the performance as it's all about the results.:confused:

HFC 0-7
29-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Yep, I thought those were the results at the start of the year.

I thought the performance against Hamilton was good, and we did very well to beat Celtc, the Irvine Meadow game we just went through the motions.

We did put in a couple of good performances later in the season as well.

Interesting though, that when we win it's the performance that counts rather than the result, but when we're losing folk won't acknowledge any positives in the performance as it's all about the results.:confused:

I think you are right about the bit in bold, but IMO the performances this season are not anything to feel positive about. even the Celtic game we were better in the second half but I thought we still werent that great. My opinion is that we are really struggling to play the way Yogi wants us to. This passing fiasco in front of the opposition makes some players look un easy and IMO puts us in trouble as we get caught with it. I cant actually remember when we had a good team performance to feel positive about and this is going back to February. The good individual performances are usually from 1 or 2 players and they are having to perform highly because the rest of the play is so bad.

I think the players are putting quite a lot of effort in but they seem to be all over the place, no player seems to know whet their role is. I think the AGM will have some very interesting questions.

matty_f
29-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I think you are right about the bit in bold, but IMO the performances this season are not anything to feel positive about. even the Celtic game we were better in the second half but I thought we still werent that great. My opinion is that we are really struggling to play the way Yogi wants us to. This passing fiasco in front of the opposition makes some players look un easy and IMO puts us in trouble as we get caught with it. I cant actually remember when we had a good team performance to feel positive about and this is going back to February. The good individual performances are usually from 1 or 2 players and they are having to perform highly because the rest of the play is so bad.

I think the players are putting quite a lot of effort in but they seem to be all over the place, no player seems to know whet their role is. I think the AGM will have some very interesting questions.

I'd agree with a fair bit of that, however I would say that I thought we deserved to win the games against ICT and Hamilton without ever really looking excellent, and from the post-match opinions of some posters on here that were at the game (though it wasn't a universal opinion) we did play well enough to win against Killie on another day.

I can't think of a game where we've dominated a team though, or looked particularly likely to score more than one or two goals max in a game. The performances have all been flat, with little to get excited about though I can see that players are starting to get used to the system etc. now.

HFC 0-7
29-09-2010, 09:14 AM
I'd agree with a fair bit of that, however I would say that I thought we deserved to win the games against ICT and Hamilton without ever really looking excellent, and from the post-match opinions of some posters on here that were at the game (though it wasn't a universal opinion) we did play well enough to win against Killie on another day.

I can't think of a game where we've dominated a team though, or looked particularly likely to score more than one or two goals max in a game. The performances have all been flat, with little to get excited about though I can see that players are starting to get used to the system etc. now.

I didnt think we deserved to win any of those games to be honest, we were weak in front of goal and weak defending. We took an early lead in the games but failed to build on it, which I think is a massive failing for us.

Because we have been so bad recently I think people judgements have been clouded somewhat as to a good performance and when we deserve to win games. The only game I can think of in Yogis tenure that we 'deserved' to win win was against Dundee Utd last season at ER that we drew 1-1. We should have had that game out of sight in the first half. In fact that game is probably the best I have seen hibs play under Yogi.

matty_f
29-09-2010, 09:35 AM
I didnt think we deserved to win any of those games to be honest, we were weak in front of goal and weak defending. We took an early lead in the games but failed to build on it, which I think is a massive failing for us.

Because we have been so bad recently I think people judgements have been clouded somewhat as to a good performance and when we deserve to win games. The only game I can think of in Yogis tenure that we 'deserved' to win win was against Dundee Utd last season at ER that we drew 1-1. We should have had that game out of sight in the first half. In fact that game is probably the best I have seen hibs play under Yogi.

That was the best we've played under Yogi, the difference Zemmama makes to the side couldn't be shown any better than that game, as he was a stand out.

I think the judgements are clouded because of the bad run, but I don't think it's to accept poor performances as good, but rather to not see any good in the performances.

HFC 0-7
29-09-2010, 09:42 AM
That was the best we've played under Yogi, the difference Zemmama makes to the side couldn't be shown any better than that game, as he was a stand out.

I think the judgements are clouded because of the bad run, but I don't think it's to accept poor performances as good, but rather to not see any good in the performances.

Zemmama is a miss at the moment and I think Yogi should have done something about it in close season to bring in a loan player with similar skills as zemmama as he knew he would be out for about half the season.

Zemmama would be immense on the new pitch, unfortunately it looks like he will be coming back when its about 4 degrees and we all know this is not the best for him. I know its not a direct comparison for a player, but Hamilton have found a player with pace and skill in Hasselbaink so it proves that players with skill are out there for our budget.

I know it shouldnt be the case, but had zemmama been fit then yogis start to the season could have been different, however, it would have just been papering our defensive problems and attacking shortfalls.

matty_f
29-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Zemmama is a miss at the moment and I think Yogi should have done something about it in close season to bring in a loan player with similar skills as zemmama as he knew he would be out for about half the season.

Zemmama would be immense on the new pitch, unfortunately it looks like he will be coming back when its about 4 degrees and we all know this is not the best for him. I know its not a direct comparison for a player, but Hamilton have found a player with pace and skill in Hasselbaink so it proves that players with skill are out there for our budget.

I know it shouldnt be the case, but had zemmama been fit then yogis start to the season could have been different, however, it would have just been papering our defensive problems and attacking shortfalls.

He tried to address the attacking shortfalls with Trakys and Duffy, it was terrible luck that Duffy took an injury ahead of what would likely have been his debut, and defensively Yogi's made the changes to try and steady things, but it's pretty much a brand new defence so should be allowed a few matches to gel and get a good understanding.

Even then, Hart has been injured and is now coming back to full fitness, so it's not as if Yogi's had his first choice defence available to him, then there was the alleged nonsense with Bamba and Nish after the Killie game...

There are reasons - not excuses - behind some of the issues, the problem is that because results have been so bad for so long that people don't want to accept it - it's much easier to just shout 'Yogi GTF' as if that's the cure-all.

HFC 0-7
29-09-2010, 11:13 AM
He tried to address the attacking shortfalls with Trakys and Duffy, it was terrible luck that Duffy took an injury ahead of what would likely have been his debut, and defensively Yogi's made the changes to try and steady things, but it's pretty much a brand new defence so should be allowed a few matches to gel and get a good understanding.

Even then, Hart has been injured and is now coming back to full fitness, so it's not as if Yogi's had his first choice defence available to him, then there was the alleged nonsense with Bamba and Nish after the Killie game...

There are reasons - not excuses - behind some of the issues, the problem is that because results have been so bad for so long that people don't want to accept it - it's much easier to just shout 'Yogi GTF' as if that's the cure-all.

The issue with zemmama is an attacking player from midfield. We could have top quality strikers in the team but the problem we have right now is getting the ball into attacking positions. The midfield are the worst culprits for passing in front of the opposition.

I have to disagree with some of your reasons. Yogi's deployment of certain players is the problems along with his style that cannot be adopted if the players arent good enough, His failure to accept that his systems wont work and the things I have heard that go on behind the scenes (I dont want to get into a debate around 'heard' etc as the people I have heard from are all reliable in my book) are un acceptable. The problem is Yogi, not the players. Yogi is responsible for everything team related from player choice, tactics and style of play. We are miles away from being anywhere near a top 6 team which i think is always our target. Yogi will get a few trying questions hopefully at the AGM as these are the questions that count. Not the ones from the media but the ones from the fans, the people that pay the wages, the people it matters most to.

I hope that Yogi is questioned about his tactics, player choice and failure to change his philosophy and at this time, if he wants any chance of getting the fans on board he needs to be honest and clear. The last thing he wants to do is criticise the fans for their expectations then show his expectations by saying he wants to be like Barcelona, Man U and the dutch.

matty_f
29-09-2010, 11:24 AM
The issue with zemmama is an attacking player from midfield. We could have top quality strikers in the team but the problem we have right now is getting the ball into attacking positions. The midfield are the worst culprits for passing in front of the opposition.

I have to disagree with some of your reasons. Yogi's deployment of certain players is the problems along with his style that cannot be adopted if the players arent good enough, His failure to accept that his systems wont work and the things I have heard that go on behind the scenes (I dont want to get into a debate around 'heard' etc as the people I have heard from are all reliable in my book) are un acceptable. The problem is Yogi, not the players. Yogi is responsible for everything team related from player choice, tactics and style of play. We are miles away from being anywhere near a top 6 team which i think is always our target. Yogi will get a few trying questions hopefully at the AGM as these are the questions that count. Not the ones from the media but the ones from the fans, the people that pay the wages, the people it matters most to.

I hope that Yogi is questioned about his tactics, player choice and failure to change his philosophy and at this time, if he wants any chance of getting the fans on board he needs to be honest and clear. The last thing he wants to do is criticise the fans for their expectations then show his expectations by saying he wants to be like Barcelona, Man U and the dutch.

We're not miles from being a top 6 side, we're 2 points. That's all.

Yogi has in the main worked to address all the positions that we could all see needed strengthening.

We needed a right back as Wotherspoon wasn't the answer, and we got (after a wait to get him) Hart in.

We needed the keeper position sorted out, we got Stack, Smith and Brown, and although Smith hasn't done well, Stack and Brown have both shown themselves to be capable keepers.

Centre half has been addressed with Hogg being replaced by Thicot

The attacking midfielder was/is De Graaf in the absence of Zemmama, and while he's been guilty of missing some very easy chances, on another day they'd have gone in and we'd all be happy with his goals contribution, IMHO.

As mentioned Duffy and Trakys were brought in to alieviate the striking issues that we were having and will hopefully prove to be good signings in the fullness of time.

The tactics need to be looked at, but Yogi is trying different things to find the right combination. You can't say that he hasn't tried different formations, or different players taking other roles to try and get the right formula.

The other stories I'd take with a pinch of salt, or at least try to take them in context. There are dressing room bust-ups and training ground fall-outs at football clubs up and down the country, they're not unique to Hibs or Hughes.

The reason we are having more is that IMHO the players and manager are under huge pressure from a massively critical support and that will manifest itself eventually in rifts and fall outs in the club until we start winning again (at which point I'd be massively surprised if the stories of unrest etc don't start to disappear barring the odd isolated incident.)

147lothian
29-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Sacking after Perth? Get a grip, im not going to even think about changing manager until after New Year, chopping and changing manages every 12 months will get us no-where.

The defence had to be changed to me Dickoh and Grounds are dong well, but they need a bit time to settle. you can't blame yogi for Jones leaving and hogg being posted missing, this is now yogi's team, i've not been happy with results but I would have been more unhappy if we weren't creating chances, no need to panic yet!