PDA

View Full Version : Deek

hibee4life1983
27-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Take a bow, and sign a new contract.

Jonnyboy
27-09-2010, 10:47 PM
Take a bow, and sign a new contract.

What makes you think he's been offered one?

hibee4life1983
27-09-2010, 10:59 PM
He should be knocking on petries door and combing his tache whilst asking about signing. Why does he need to be offered a contract?? Im inviting him to make the first move.

Jonnyboy
27-09-2010, 11:06 PM
He should be knocking on petries door and combing his tache whilst asking about signing. Why does he need to be offered a contract?? Im inviting him to make the first move.

Oh right ..... thanks Rod :greengrin

CB_NO3
28-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Av heard a few stories that Yogi aint offering him one, I hope to god it aint true, would rather have Deek than Yogi.

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Av heard a few stories that Yogi aint offering him one, I hope to god it aint true, would rather have Deek than Yogi.

No way. We are much better of with a manager who has a 4 wins in 29 games record than a striker who has done nothing for the club other than score almost 100 goals.

We'll never compete with the likes of St Mirren for 12th slot if we insist in hanging onto frivolous goal machines. We got rid of Stokes fir a song, now let's lose Riordan for nothing for the second time.

calumhibee1
28-09-2010, 07:18 AM
If Deek isn't there next season then I doubt I will be either. There's next to nothing worth going along for in terms of quality just now - with him being the exception. I fail to see why I would enjoy watching a Hibs team minus Riordan & Bamba. And for £405 a season aswell, no thanks.

TornadoHibby
28-09-2010, 07:22 AM
No way. We are much better off with a manager who has a 4 wins in 29 games record than a striker who has done nothing for the club other than score almost 100 goals.

We'll never compete with the likes of St Mirren for 12th slot if we insist in hanging onto frivolous goal machines. We got rid of Stokes fir a song, now let's lose Riordan for nothing for the second time.

I've heard that there are currently no moves to offer him a contract meaning he could be talking to other clubs from the start of January 2011!! :confused:

Would indeed be a shame if he didn't stay at Hibs as I hear that he does want to assuming the right offer is made! :cool2:

Craig_in_Prague
28-09-2010, 07:43 AM
We should offer him a deal for 3-5 years and the BIGGEST wage we can possibly afford, right to the last penny.
Yogi, Petrie, Hibs and the fans NEED Derek Riordan in the team, GET IT SORTED :agree:

Hibs7
28-09-2010, 08:52 AM
If this doesn't happen then they will see crowds below the 10,000 mark every home game, I certainly would not go back.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 09:39 AM
When Derek retires, i wont be back.

Andy74
28-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Here we go with the regular the manager and Hibs hate Derek thread.

We had this the last time too.

Westie1875
28-09-2010, 09:47 AM
If this doesn't happen then they will see crowds below the 10,000 mark every home game, I certainly would not go back.

Does anyone think the board actually realise how strongly some of the fans feel about this and the impact that losing him for a 2nd time will have?

Last time we lost Deek we still had lots of other players who were good to watch and worth paying the admission price for (Sproule / Fletcher / Brown / Thomson / Whittaker / Boozy / Shiels etc..). This time we only have one other, he is injured and also out of contract at the end of the season. :rolleyes:

matty_f
28-09-2010, 09:48 AM

:agree: Mind you, the last time he left...

I've asked the question elsewhere, but if Hibs haven't been forthcoming with contract talks, why isn't his agent forcing the issue with Hibs? He's apparently keen to stay, so you would think his agent would be nipping Petrie's head til something was sorted out.

For someone that's not wanting to keep a player, Yogi doesn't half talk Deek up in interviews, and play him regularly...

marinello59
28-09-2010, 09:48 AM

Behave yourself. next you will be suggesting that the hefty signing on fee a free agent could get by signing for another club is an influence here. :bitchy:
A game of Poker being played by both sides I reckon.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 09:49 AM

I'm starting to wonder if this is true? Surely if the manager did not want him, he'd not play him?

bighairyfaeleith
28-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Riordan will re-sign, hughes will leave, sauzee will return and we will win the scottish cup. Can't disclose my source but it's a defo fact of sorts.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Riordan will re-sign, hughes will leave, sauzee will return and we will win the scottish cup. Can't disclose my source but it's a defo fact of sorts.

:agree: With Bob as number 2. :pray:

Expecting Rain
28-09-2010, 10:03 AM
One of the reasons not many at the moment that makes going down to Easter Road bearable is the talent of Derek Riordan, i`ve lost count of the truly memorable goals he has scored.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Behave yourself. next you will be suggesting that the hefty signing on fee a free agent could get by signing for another club is an influence here. :bitchy:
A game of Poker being played by both sides I reckon.

Yip i'd agree with that, although some would have you believe the two party's are not talking.:confused: I dont believe that for one minute. Dereks agent would not be doing his job if that was the case.

Sandy
28-09-2010, 10:15 AM
One of the reasons not many at the moment that makes going down to Easter Road bearable is the talent of Derek Riordan, i`ve lost count of the truly memorable goals he has scored.

:agree: And I think the board will have massively miscalculated if they let him leave for a 2nd time. I have said it before and I will say it again, make Deeks the best offer we can afford, and if he signs it great, if not at least we have tried.

Andy74
28-09-2010, 10:20 AM
:agree: And I think the board will have massively miscalculated if they let him leave for a 2nd time. I have said it before and I will say it again, make Deeks the best offer we can afford, and if he signs it great, if not at least we have tried.

Let him leave?

The board did exactly that the last time and made him the best offer they could afford.

The problem is there is so much crap written on here about it that yet again the club become some sort of enemy of everyone who in some way want to shaft nice guys like derek who only want to stay here and play and in no way have their own ideas about what they might want to do next.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 11:07 AM
:agree: Mind you, the last time he left...

I've asked the question elsewhere, but if Hibs haven't been forthcoming with contract talks, why isn't his agent forcing the issue with Hibs? He's apparently keen to stay, so you would think his agent would be nipping Petrie's head til something was sorted out.

For someone that's not wanting to keep a player, Yogi doesn't half talk Deek up in interviews, and play him regularly...

How do you know this is not happening Matty.

Apart from the weekend when was the last time :taxi bummed up Riordan to the press, the :taxi is to busy listening to his own voice,even if there is a problem between the two, the :taxi would be mad not to play Riordan, that would go down a treat with the fans if Riordan was sitting up in the stand.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 11:09 AM
I'm starting to wonder if this is true? Surely if the manager did not want him, he'd not play him?

If this is the case then why is :taxi playing him.

Expecting Rain
28-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Let him leave?

The board did exactly that the last time and made him the best offer they could afford.

The problem is there is so much crap written on here about it that yet again the club become some sort of enemy of everyone who in some way want to shaft nice guys like derek who only want to stay here and play and in no way have their own ideas about what they might want to do next.

You ever considered that some people might find a lot your posts crap?

matty_f
28-09-2010, 11:30 AM

Apart from the weekend when was the last time :taxi bummed up Riordan to the press, the :taxi is to busy listening to his own voice,even if there is a problem between the two, the :taxi would be mad not to play Riordan, that would go down a treat with the fans if Riordan was sitting up in the stand.

I don't know it's not happening, but I would have thought that if Deek was forcing the issue (or at least his agent was) that things would start to move, or we'd at least start to hear noises about it in the press.

Yogi was talking Deek up at the weekend, and if folk look past rubbishing everything Yogi says at every opportunity, I'm sure they'd see many more instances where Yogi has praised him.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 11:57 AM

Did you not say there has been no contact? Are you now saying there has been?:confused: On Hi Hughes is always saying how good Riordan is.

darwenhibby
28-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Did you not say there has been no contact? Are you now saying there has been?:confused: On Hi Hughes is always saying how good Riordan is.

Thats cos Yogi is trying to sell him.
He is beefing him up to get a reasonable fee in January.
Yogi can then use the spare money to sign a goalie.

Think Hibs Think Yogi!!

CB_NO3
28-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Let him leave?

Am pretty sure Derek got offered a 5 year deal the first time around, and the money we were talking was pennies, about a grand a week, Derek was willing to sign and it was Mowbray that ripped the contract up when he first got the job saying let him prove himself first. Am pretty sure Derek will stay if offered good terms, but I have heard from two different people him and Yogi had a huge bust up after the St Mirren game and that Yogi aint offering him a new deal, this may turn out to be alot of rubbish but its what I have heard. BTW this is the first time I have posted a rumour in my 8 years on Hibs.Net.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 12:49 PM

I know what's happening, does Matty, seems not.:confused:

And in the CR he is telling him to f--- off.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 12:59 PM

Does your boy get on with any manager? He fell out with Mowbray, Strachan and now Hughes. Yogi has told him to f... off, yet plays him every week. :confused: Has Dereks agent been in contact with the club or not?

Its not up for question really, we all want him to stay, but these questions need asked, and we also know just how much he's looking for, as if he wants a huge hike in pay, we will just have to say goodbye, and look elsewhere. I mean we did not do too badly the last time he left.

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Does your boy get on with any manager? He fell out with Mowbray, Strachan and now Hughes. Yogi has told him to f... off, yet plays him every week. :confused: Has Dereks agent been in contact with the club or not?

Its not up for question really, we all want him to stay, but these questions need asked, and we also know just how much he's looking for, as if he wants a huge hike in pay, we will just have to say goodbye, and look elsewhere. I mean we did not do too badly the last time he left.

My boy doesn't know any of these managers, maybe you will have to ask the manager why he plays Derek, its him that picks Derek.

Yes wee do all want him to stay, as i have told you they wont be answered by me, maybe some more questions for the board at the AGM, and you really expect these private questions to be answered on a MB or by the board, cant see it happening.
Yep, Hibs won the LC great day so it was.

matty_f
28-09-2010, 01:58 PM

I've already said I don't know what the script is with it.:agree:

Andy74
28-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Derek is the onlt pklayer we have ever had most of this stuff with. contracts either happen or they don't.

He seems to have people who either know him or think they do and they do a great job of spreading information on places like here that might be true, might not, but are certainly not unusual in football clubs.

These people take a real negative stance towards the club and people get taken in by it.

We had all this with the last contract and the same now. Amazing to have all these managers that have disliked Derek and played him every week and praised him publically and a Chairman who hates him and broke the bank to bring him back only to try and empty him again.

Only Derek seems to get sworn at in a football dressing room as well.

I like Derek being here and hope he sees his career out here but I wish those around him would think about the club they are meant to support a bit sometimes.

TornadoHibby
28-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Let him leave?

Andy, if you know all that's going one here and which posters have posted "crap" as you so quaintly put it, why not post what you "know", name the posters posting "crap" and highlight specifically what the "crap" actually is and why? :confused:

That should sort everyone out so that they "know" what is happening here! :cool2: :wink:

Andy74
28-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Andy, if you know all that's going one here and which posters have posted "crap" as you so quaintly put it, why not post what you "know", name the posters posting "crap" and highlight specifically what the "crap" actually is and why? :confused:

That should sort everyone out so that they "know" what is happening here! :cool2: :wink:

I'd rather everyone who continually who come on here telling us what Hibs are doing with Derek's contract provided some proof which was a bit more substantial than the 'I've heard' and 'I know'. Same with any allegations of Hughes' treatment of Derek.

Let's have some actual facts and some first hand back up or I will rightly treat all of it as 'crap'.

It's been happening here for years with Derek and it only serves to create bad feeling against the club for absolutely no reason.

I'm not sure if people think they are helping Derek's cause or whatever but they certainly aren't helping Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd rather everyone who continually who come on here telling us what Hibs are doing with Derek's contract provided some proof which was a bit more substantial than the 'I've heard' and 'I know'. Same with any allegations of Hughes' treatment of Derek.

Let's have some actual facts and some first hand back up or I will rightly treat all of it as 'crap'.

It's been happening here for years with Derek and it only serves to create bad feeling against the club for absolutely no reason.

I'm not sure if people think they are helping Derek's cause or whatever but they certainly aren't helping Hibs.

:top marks

TornadoHibby
28-09-2010, 05:56 PM

I wonder what "proof" you would expect to be tabled at the moment since the only "cast iron" proof that Derek will/has sign(ed) a new contract at Hibs will be when he has actually done it when the club would make a formal announcement to that effect! :confused:

However, it may come as a surprise to you Andy but some posters on here might just actually be aware of at least one side of the situation and on many occasions, "heard" or "know" will mean that! I mean the players (and their agents) have friends and relatives with whom they might just discuss matters such as this topic or what happens in the dressing room between manager and players or players and players for example. I guess whether you believe that or treat it as "crap" is entirely your affair but that doesn't necessarily detract from the position as viewed from one side of the relationship between player and club and possibly noted on here as such. :cool2:

I find it quite interesting that you feel comfortable posting "crap" about some players without regard for the effect of so doing yet similarly feel entirely at ease pontificating about what you think is right or not about this particular player in terms of what people post! :confused:

Fans don't think about their team or club (including favourite players) in the same way as the Board do, particularly those with an equity interest, and you should perhaps give that some thought IMO before you post your next general guidance note to the fans about how you think they should post on here about such matters! :cool2:

hibee4life1983
28-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Top notch sir

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2010, 06:05 PM
When do Hibs ever announce anything before its been done?

TornadoHibby
28-09-2010, 07:06 PM

For once (I think :wink:) you and I agree BH! :cool2: :greengrin

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 07:07 PM

That is just crap Andy, if someone on here was able to prove something and put it on here i am sure the lawyers would be having a word with the Admins, its whether you believe people or not with the things they post on here,you dont fair enough, its like you believe that Nish and Bamba were out injured at the weekend, i dont, i think the two of them were fit but were left out for other reasons, hey ho Andy, but to say it is crap is wrong just because you dont believe it.

Phil MaGlass
28-09-2010, 07:24 PM
If were looking for another striker to compliment Deeks, we couldnt do much better than Dmitry Olegovich Bulykin, 30 yr old, he is this year playing for ADO, scored 6 in 5 games two of these games as sub and he still isnt even match fit. He is loaned from Anderlecht for the season. Holds the ball up well and wins everything he goes for.:thumbsup:

new malkyhib
28-09-2010, 10:01 PM
I think Scott Lindsay should make another "statement of intent" and re-sign the only guy worth the admission money at ER.

It won't have escaped Rangers' attention that Riordan's deal is running down - and with Miller maybe leaving them I wouldn't bet against them turning their sights on Deek.

Maybe our Board could take a collective pay cut to fund his next contract?

silverhibee
28-09-2010, 11:00 PM

When they sold Riordan to Cardiff without informing him. :greengrin

RMG_82
29-09-2010, 04:14 AM
Does anyone have the link to the video with all of deeks goals for hibs? I could gladly watch that over and over. The most natural, gifted goal scorer i've seen in a hibs jersey.

Sandy
29-09-2010, 07:14 AM
That is just crap Andy, if someone on here was able to prove something and put it on here i am sure the lawyers would be having a word with the Admins, its whether you believe people or not with the things they post on here,you dont fair enough, its like you believe that Nish and Bamba were out injured at the weekend, i dont, i think the two of them were fit but were left out for other reasons, hey ho Andy, but to say it is crap is wrong just because you dont believe it.

:agree::top marks Andy spouts the "Party line' all the time, anyone comes out with something that deviates from this and it is automatically 'crap' as far as he is concerned. Andy do you want to tell us EXACTLY what happened with Derek the last time he left ?

Disc O'Dave
29-09-2010, 07:32 AM

Whilst not necessarily disagreeing with your side of things....surely if someone was able to PROVE anything, the lawyers wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It'll only be guff that's spouted with no proof that's op[en to legal action.

However, it's all quite academic as I suspect football message boards, in the grand scheme of things, don't really register very highly in the "things for players / the clubs lawyers to be overly concerned about". I mean if Ewan Cameron is free to announce that Yogi has walked, which was a huge crock of ****, without any recourse, I think we're all safe.

Sergio sledge
29-09-2010, 08:43 AM

My boy doesn't know any of these managers, maybe you will have to ask the manager why he plays Derek, its him that picks Derek.

Yes wee do all want him to stay, as i have told you they wont be answered by me, maybe some more questions for the board at the AGM, and you really expect these private questions to be answered on a MB or by the board, cant see it happening.
Yep, Hibs won the LC great day so it was.

So you know what is going on, but you won't answer BH questions, yet you are happy to answer questions and tell stories painting the club and manager in a bad light? Seems a bit of an odd attitude to take. :confused:

:agree::top marks Andy spouts the "Party line' all the time, anyone comes out with something that deviates from this and it is automatically 'crap' as far as he is concerned. Andy do you want to tell us EXACTLY what happened with Derek the last time he left ?

Derek was offered a new contract before Mowbray came, Mowbray put the offer on hold so that he could assess the player before making a decision, another contract offered by the club (IIRC the club said it would have made him "one of the highest paid players in the clubs history") Derek rejected this and signed a pre-contract with Celtic, meaning Hibs wouldn't get a penny and he wouldn't be able to play football between October and January, Celtic and Hibs agreed a minimal fee in the end.

These are the facts. All the stories about Mowbray and Petrie trying to force him out etc. were just that, stories. Remarkably the same sort of stories are now coming out of the woodwork this time round. With the silverhibee above confirming he'll spread these stories but not answer direct questions about the situation, despite him knowing whats happening. It seems Derek Riordan is intent on making out he wants to stay at the club in order to make it look like the club forced him out. Ultimately these stories do Hibs no good at all and it would be better for club and player, if he is going to leave, if they all kept quiet and then he moved on at the end of the season. I think most reasonable fans would accept it if he came to the end of the contract and said something like this "I love Hibs, I love playing for Hibs, but given the financial realities of Scottish football and the fact I have the opportunity to earn 3x my wages elsewhere, I had to move clubs."

That is why a few people are getting annoyed about the same stories coming out again, and the same sort of situation developing where fans are forced to choose between being loyal to the club or being loyal to the player. Unfortunately it seems there are a few people on here who seem to support Derek Riordan FC and not Hibernian FC.

Expecting Rain
29-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Sandy, my criticism of Andy 74 is that he almost appears to be the spokesman for the board ( both ) he also has his followers that hang onto his every word, personally i`m as fickle as the next guy when it comes to life and football but i like the variety of opinion on .net and don`t want to turn into a robot.:cool2:

bawheid
29-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Sandy, my criticism of Andy 74 is that he almost appears to be the spokesman for the board ( both ) he also has his followers that hang onto his every word, personally i`m as fickle as the next guy when it comes to life and football but i like the variety of opinion on .net and don`t want to turn into a robot.:cool2:

So if you like the variety of opinion on Hibs.net, why are you criticising Andy74 for his opinion? From the various threads and polls he seems to be in the minority.

bawheid
29-09-2010, 09:08 AM
So you know what is going on, but you won't answer BH questions, yet you are happy to answer questions and tell stories painting the club and manager in a bad light? Seems a bit of an odd attitude to take. :confused:

Derek was offered a new contract before Mowbray came, Mowbray put the offer on hold so that he could assess the player before making a decision, another contract offered by the club (IIRC the club said it would have made him "one of the highest paid players in the clubs history") Derek rejected this and signed a pre-contract with Celtic, meaning Hibs wouldn't get a penny and he wouldn't be able to play football between October and January, Celtic and Hibs agreed a minimal fee in the end.

These are the facts. All the stories about Mowbray and Petrie trying to force him out etc. were just that, stories. Remarkably the same sort of stories are now coming out of the woodwork this time round. With the silverhibee above confirming he'll spread these stories but not answer direct questions about the situation, despite him knowing whats happening. It seems Derek Riordan is intent on making out he wants to stay at the club in order to make it look like the club forced him out. Ultimately these stories do Hibs no good at all and it would be better for club and player, if he is going to leave, if they all kept quiet and then he moved on at the end of the season. I think most reasonable fans would accept it if he came to the end of the contract and said something like this "I love Hibs, I love playing for Hibs, but given the financial realities of Scottish football and the fact I have the opportunity to earn 3x my wages elsewhere, I had to move clubs."

That is why a few people are getting annoyed about the same stories coming out again, and the same sort of situation developing where fans are forced to choose between being loyal to the club or being loyal to the player. Unfortunately it seems there are a few people on here who seem to support Derek Riordan FC and not Hibernian FC.

:top marks

Hibby Kay-Yay
29-09-2010, 09:16 AM

Why? do you support hibs or deek? What if deeks does sign and then eventually retires from the game, will you leave hibs at that point?

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2010, 09:17 AM

:top marks:agree:

Expecting Rain
29-09-2010, 10:18 AM
So if you like the variety of opinion on Hibs.net, why are you criticising Andy74 for his opinion? From the various threads and polls he seems to be in the minority.

There`s always an exception to the rule, his opinions in particular irritate me.

erskine-hibby
29-09-2010, 11:04 AM

What you seem to have left out of you "facts" is that after rejecting the offer, Hibs went into a strop and refused to negotiate better/different terms. In other words went in a huff. So why shouldn't Derek do the same?.
Most other clubs negotiate and at least try to do a deal. In Dereks case it was a take it, or leave it offer. I am led to believe it was not even as much as GOC was on and, although I don't know this for a fact, that was all that Derek was asking for.

It's not about "supporting Derek Riordan FC", it's about being fair and doing the right thing.

IF the club let him go again without at least trying to keep him will be a sad day indeed.

Bad Martini
29-09-2010, 11:32 AM

And as you were told back then, that was right. Again, I say; we need Riordan more than THIS manager. The last saint Mowbray who you defended (even when he played Konte ahead of Deek, regularly subbing Deek cause he frankly didny like him) turned out to be a great man of his word didn't he?? Ah wait, naw, he ****ed up the "man managment" (something I am pissed of hearing about how good he was at doing) of Riordan's contract.............then promptly pissed off, leaving us in the *****, 3 days before a derby. Great man...

Deek should be OFFERED a (decent) new contract and no more ****ing aboot on this matter. He is one of the few players at the club who CAN (and DOES) regularly make a difference. That fact is there on paper, with goals and assists. If stats alone don't convince ye, take a look at the MANNER in which the laddie scores.

Nuff said.

ENDOF

Sergio sledge
29-09-2010, 11:36 AM
What you seem to have left out of you "facts" is that after rejecting the offer, Hibs went into a strop and refused to negotiate better/different terms. In other words went in a huff. So why shouldn't Derek do the same?.
Most other clubs negotiate and at least try to do a deal. In Dereks case it was a take it, or leave it offer. I am led to believe it was not even as much as GOC was on and, although I don't know this for a fact, that was all that Derek was asking for.

How is that a fact? Where is the evidence that there was 1 take it or leave it offer and no negotiation?

The reason I wrote what I did is because that is all that is proven to be "factual," as in released in the press by the club, the player or the players agent.

The rest of your post is exactly what I was alluding to, stories "leaked" by someone's source (most likely Derek Riordan - either directly or indirectly) to be put onto this messageboard in an attempt to garner favour with the fans and turn them against the club. The club has always stated it won't comment on rumours which is why Riordan feels able to release these stories (whether they are true or not is another matter) to the messageboards, because he knows there will be no rebuttal from Hibs.

It's not about "supporting Derek Riordan FC", it's about being fair and doing the right thing.

The only people who know for a fact the fairness of said contract offer/negotiations are the player, his agent and the club representatives. You cannot know this unless you were there. Relying on 2nd or 3rd hand stories from "sources" are always going to be distorted to suit their agenda's, for want of a better word.

IF the club let him go again without at least trying to keep him will be a sad day indeed.

I agree, but its all ifs at the minute. We cannot know what discussions or casual conversations have gone on behind the scenes and Silverhibee wont confirm or deny whether Riordan's agent has asked about contract negotiations, and wont confirm whether there has been any contact at all, no matter how casual.

It is disturbing for the unconnected fans that the same sort of stories are emanating from the Riordan camp as the last time he was in this situation and with a lack of corroborative evidence of any of the stories, this time and the last, it isn't difficult to see why we have come to the conclusion that someone is trying, very successfully at the minute, to stir the fans up against the club.

degenerated
29-09-2010, 11:38 AM
And as you were told back then, that was right. Again, I say; we need Riordan more than THIS manager. The last saint Mowbray who you defended (even when he played Konte ahead of Deek, regularly subbing Deek cause he frankly didny like him) turned out to be a great man of his word didn't he?? Ah wait, naw, he ****ed up the "man managment" (something I am pissed of hearing about how good he was at doing) of Riordan's contract.............then promptly pissed off, leaving us in the *****, 3 days before a derby. Great man...

Deek should be OFFERED a (decent) new contract and no more ****ing aboot on this matter. He is one of the few players at the club who CAN (and DOES) regularly make a difference. That fact is there on paper, with goals and assists. If stats alone don't convince ye, take a look at the MANNER in which the laddie scores.

Nuff said.

ENDOF

the reality is he will probably be offered a new contract, much like he was the last time. whether he accepts it or buggers off for little or no return to the club like he did previously is entirely up to him, much as though we all want him to stay.

Disc O'Dave
29-09-2010, 11:42 AM
the reality is he will probably be offered a new contract, much like he was the last time. whether he accepts it or buggers off for little or no return to the club like he did previously is entirely up to him, much as though we all want him to stay.

I think that's what's technically called hitting the nail on the head.

Bad Martini
29-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Mibbes aye and mibbes naw.

As I understand it, he was indeed offered a contract....thereafter, St Tony of Mowbray decided he needed to "see what he could do" (whilst he was already our top scorer and even then, chipping in with **** load of assists).

By the end, he buggered off, the damage was done IMHO, by TBTM (who also buggered off, no real return for Hibs) ...

Ach, aws am saying is gie the laddie a decent new contract, and we'll say nae mair aboot it. Sorted :thumbsup::thumbsup:

MON THE DEEK....:devil:

degenerated
29-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Couldn't agree more BM. I'll be gutted if he does leave but for some reason things are only painted one side when it comes to deek.

marinello59
29-09-2010, 12:11 PM
If there has been no contact at all regarding a new contract for Deeks then perhaps he should sack his agent.
A few posting here maintained that Petrie only signed Deeks again so he could sell him on for a profit as he is only interested in the balance sheet. Now the theory is that the board or the manager or both are in some sort of huff with the player so would be willing to see him go for nowt. Aye, right.

hibsfootsoldier
29-09-2010, 12:36 PM
i think its shocking the way deeks been treated he should b offered a new contract without any hesitation. hes the only reason i would go to easter rd now. was a season ticket holder for 6 yrs and this year thankfully i knew nothing would go well, based on the facts of the **** results in the second half of the season last year. we were lucky to do so well at the start coz if we didnt wed hav bn in div1 this season. fair enough we still got europe but for wat, a couple o ***** games wi an unknown team, pointless!!
if deek isnt offered one i know alot more people that go to the games that wont b interested espectially with that idiot(hughes) at the helm:grr:.
deeks has scored basicly all our goals this season and i think hes saved john hughes a bit more time in the boards eyes.
WISE UP AND GET HIM SIGNED NOW HIBS!!

first post btw lol

bawheid
29-09-2010, 12:37 PM
i think its shocking the way deeks been treated he should b offered a new contract without any hesitation. hes the only reason i would go to easter rd now. was a season ticket holder for 6 yrs and this year thankfully i knew nothing would go well, based on the facts of the **** results in the second half of the season last year. we were lucky to do so well at the start coz if we didnt wed hav bn in div1 this season. fair enough we still got europe but for wat, a couple o ***** games wi an unknown team, pointless!!
if deek isnt offered one i know alot more people that go to the games that wont b interested espectially with that idiot(hughes) at the helm:grr:.
deeks has scored basicly all our goals this season and i think hes saved john hughes a bit more time in the boards eyes.

first post btw lol

Think you've just summed up Hibs.net for the past four weeks in one post. :greengrin

Welcome!

Danderhall Hibs
29-09-2010, 12:40 PM
If there has been no contact at all regarding a new contract for Deeks then perhaps he should sack his agent.

:agree: Is he still with the same agent as he was the last time he was "advised" to sit it out?

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2010, 12:48 PM

first post btw lol

Whats happened?:confused:

flash
29-09-2010, 01:09 PM

first post btw lol

Can't wait for your second.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Can't wait for your second.

:tee hee:

Andy74
29-09-2010, 04:36 PM
A few posting here maintained that Petrie only signed Deeks again so he could sell him on for a profit as he is only interested in the balance sheet. Now the theory is that the board or the manager or both are in some sort of huff with the player so would be willing to see him go for nowt. Aye, right.

It was interesting the last time that Hibs came out with a very full and frank run down of the fact that Riordan was made a fantastic offer, as far as they could go, and were told quite clearly that there would be no more discussion as he had decided to exercise his right to walk away for nothing.

This was a very public statement and was never refuted by Derek or his agent.

Yet a certain section on here were busy at it with the Mowbray hates Derek Petrie hates Derek and he's been offered next to nothing nonsense.

If any of that were true a quick rebuff of Hibs public statements would have done the world of good from Derek or his agent.

I don't blame Derek at all for exercising his right to go and try and earn some cash the last time. I don't think he would ever deny that he wanted to go and try life at a bigger club on more money. I don't se why then that those that sem to know him try so hard to potray something totally different on here and try to create issues around whatever maanger or board memebrs are around at the time.

Maybe they think they are helping Derek get a better deal or whatever or to make him more of a Hibs here with the fans as being some sort of victim of the club. Whatever it is, it's plain daft.

MrRobot
29-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Am pretty sure Derek got offered a 5 year deal the first time around, and the money we were talking was pennies, about a grand a week, Derek was willing to sign and it was Mowbray that ripped the contract up when he first got the job saying let him prove himself first. Am pretty sure Derek will stay if offered good terms, but I have heard from two different people him and Yogi had a huge bust up after the St Mirren game and that Yogi aint offering him a new deal, this may turn out to be alot of rubbish but its what I have heard. BTW this is the first time I have posted a rumour in my 8 years on Hibs.Net.

I heard after the Kilmarnock game Riordan had a go at Yogi saying he sold Stokes and replaced him with nobody. Probably bul but heard alot about them arguing.

blackpoolhibs
29-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I heard after the Kilmarnock game Riordan had a go at Yogi saying he sold Stokes and replaced him with nobody. Probably bul but heard alot about them arguing.

Dont be daft, its Yogi who's the bad guy at easter road.

Andy74
29-09-2010, 05:07 PM

So we have Riordan complaining that a guy he apparantley didn't get on with was sold, giving him a chance to play in the position up front that we keep getting told he is fed up of not playing in, and that he obviously doesn't rate Darryl Duffy either!

Also, since when was arguing in a mens football dressing room any sort of issue?!

erskine-hibby
29-09-2010, 07:12 PM
How is that a fact? Where is the evidence that there was 1 take it or leave it offer and no negotiation?

The reason I wrote what I did is because that is all that is proven to be "factual," as in released in the press by the club, the player or the players agent.

As you said that is what was released and printed in the press, but we all know that the press only print what they like to print and that most of the time if you get half a story, if you are lucky.
Even with that, the "fact" is that there was one offer that was, to all intents and purposes, ripped up, a new one put in place that was not altered, or even attempted to be altered, by the club. Had it been otherwise the club would have been quick to announce that a new deal was on the table and even quicker to say if it was rejected.
If that's not take it or leave it what is???

WhileTheChief..
29-09-2010, 09:30 PM
:agree: Is he still with the same agent as he was the last time he was "advised" to sit it out?

Jim McArthur is his agent now, don't know if he was before.

Yogi hinted months ago that they were already in discussions about an extension.

Remember all the fuss about Hibs not being in discussions with Ian Murray, then low and behold we hear he's signed for 2 more years. It's the Hibs way.

bawheid
30-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Jim McArthur is his agent now, don't know if he was before.

Aye, he was the one who engineered that daft move to Celtic that would have put Derek out of football for months.

With the lack of information in the public domain, silence from Hibs and the half-baked, one sided stories appearing on here, it's like history is repeating itself.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Aye, he was the one who engineered that daft move to Celtic that would have put Derek out of football for months.

With the lack of information in the public domain, silence from Hibs and the half-baked, one sided stories appearing on here, it's like history is repeating itself.

Yep, and why does it have to be quite so vitriolic with Derek's contract?

We haven't had any of this stuff with any other player.

It's the people that know him and then take up his cause on places like here and it doesn't do him or the club any good at all.

Hibs will get on with it in a professional way, if Derek doesn't like what we have to offer, and Hibs will surely offer the best we can, then Derek will have to decide what he does next.

Not really that complicated and again there's nothing more Hibs can do than offer the best deal that they can.

TornadoHibby
30-09-2010, 11:08 AM

Now you don't know that's the case now do you! :cool2:

Purely "your opinion" just like Andy offers his "opinion" but "presents" it in such a way that "implies" that his "opinion" is more worthy than anyone else's on this particular matter! :wink:

I would have thought that if Hibs make Derek the best offer that they realistically can then there would be a good chance that he would accept it unless, of course, Andy's "theory" about what's ACTUALLY happening here proves to be correct! :wink: :cool2:

bawheid
30-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Purely "your opinion" just like Andy offers his "opinion" but "presents" it in such a way that "implies" that his "opinion" is more worthy than anyone else's on this particular matter! :wink:

I would have thought that if Hibs make Derek the best offer that they realistically can then there would be a good chance that he would accept it unless, of course, Andy's "theory" about what's ACTUALLY happening here proves to be correct! :wink: :cool2:

I'm struggling to see past all the smilies to get to the bottom of what you're saying but I'll give it a go.

The stories are one sided. We only ever get the view of the "Riordan camp". My opinion is that there is usually two sides to every story and maybe Derek wasn't treated as badly as was being made out before, and isn't being treated particularly badly this time around.

All Hibs can do is offer the best contract that they can. We shouldn't be breaking any banks for anyone. If he signs it, great. If he wants to earn more money elsewhere, fine.

Bad Martini
30-09-2010, 11:32 AM

What he sais up there (almost).. :agree:

Everyone else has an opinion ; it's one sided, downing the club etc etc yadda.

Andy74 has an opinion ; it's balanced and right cause he "knows" about this kind of thing.

OR, maybe, just maybe, Andy74 (who is entitled to an opinion) is in fact less in the know than he thinks...and the "facts" are the "facts" with regards to last time namely, St Tony DID withdraw the contract til he seen what our top scorer could do. Then offered another, much later...on lesser terms or without the difference as to the time of teh first offer to the second? Hmmm.

Hmm. :dummytit: :bye:

Phil MaGlass
30-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Its all heresay, managers have arguments with players all the time. Hopefully Deeks will sign and mibbe Byrne will be put on for experience whenever he comes back.

Andy74
30-09-2010, 11:47 AM

If you actually see the point in what I am saying is that I don't have an opinion on it because I, like the rest of us, don't know the whole story from both sides, even if some people seem to think they do.

I do have an opinion on people pushing one side of it all to the time to the detriment of the the club though.

Danderhall Hibs
30-09-2010, 12:15 PM

There was even talk of Celtic talking directly to McCarthur when Riordan was still under contract IIRC - sure it was in the Sunday Herald. That was before they done the deal that would mean Riordan would be out of football for a few months while he waited to turn 24 to ensure we wouldn't get a penny for the deal.

Hopefully lessons have been learned - although if I had been Riordan I'd have binned my agent after that mess.

Struggle to believe that Hibs haven't offered a deal yet and if they haven't I'm really disappointed that the Riordan team haven't asked the club to put one on the table.

TornadoHibby
30-09-2010, 12:58 PM
If you actually see the point in what I am saying is that I don't have an opinion on it because I, like the rest of us, don't know the whole story from both sides, even if some people seem to think they do.

I do have an opinion on people pushing one side of it all to the time to the detriment of the the club though.

Andy, maybe you can help us all out here by telling us what point it is in what you are saying that you are keen for us to "actually see" as you put it? :hmmm: :dunno:

I personally don't believe that I have read any post on the subject matter where people have suggested this but I would be grateful if you would direct me to any post(s) where that has happened? :confused:

Littlest Hobo
30-09-2010, 01:08 PM
The up side is that Derek can keep banging in the goals for Hibs and show up the Scottish clique for what it really is.

Q. Does anyone else hate the name "DEEKS"? :rolleyes::bitchy:

Makes him sound like a wee ned fae Pilton or summit?:wink::greengrin

TornadoHibby
30-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm struggling to see past all the smilies to get to the bottom of what you're saying but I'll give it a go.

The stories are one sided. We only ever get the view of the "Riordan camp". My opinion is that there is usually two sides to every story and maybe Derek wasn't treated as badly as was being made out before, and isn't being treated particularly badly this time around.

All Hibs can do is offer the best contract that they can. We shouldn't be breaking any banks for anyone. If he signs it, great. If he wants to earn more money elsewhere, fine.

Amazing that the use of four wee smilies seems to make my post difficult to follow! :greengrin

I'm surprised that you think that only one view is ever given when Andy74 gives the "Hibs view" almost as if he thinks he is well enough informed to be able to do so competently! :confused:

I have no public opinion as to whether Derek was/is being treated well or not at either of the relevant times but he may have, based upon what has actually happened from time to time, and perhaps thoughts on those have percolated on here from confidantes of his which is perfectly understandable IMO!

No reasonable Hibs fan would necessarily disagree with your last paragraph UNLESS an equity holding member of the Board, say, had a personal conflict of interest which might have involved one of the clubs best players being allowed to leave for reasons which the fans might not find to be reasonable in the context of that last paragraph! :wink: :cool2:

bawheid
30-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Amazing that the use of four wee smilies seems to make my post difficult to follow! :greengrin

I'm surprised that you think that only one view is ever given when Andy74 gives the "Hibs view" almost as if he thinks he is well enough informed to be able to do so competently! :confused:

I have no public opinion as to whether Derek was/is being treated well or not at either of the relevant times but he may have, based upon what has actually happened from time to time, and perhaps thoughts on those have percolated on here from confidantes of his which is perfectly understandable IMO!

No reasonable Hibs fan would necessarily disagree with your last paragraph UNLESS an equity holding member of the Board, say, had a personal conflict of interest which might have involved one of the clubs best players being allowed to leave for reasons which the fans might not find to be reasonable in the context of that last paragraph! :wink: :cool2:

Sheesh. Not only smilies in that one but ridiculously long sentences. :greengrin:wink::cool2::confused::agree:

Wouldn't want to answer for Andy74 but I would think he's giving his opinion rather than the "Hibs view".

Are you suggesting that because of what went on the last time, Petrie has some sort of axe to grind with Riordan and so therefore will allow him to leave? How does that tie in with Petrie pushing the boat out to re-sign him from Celtic? Other than it being pure fantasy of course!

TornadoHibby
30-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Sheesh. Not only smilies in that one but ridiculously long sentences. :greengrin:wink::cool2::confused::agree:

Wouldn't want to answer for Andy74 but I would think he's giving his opinion rather than the "Hibs view".

Are you suggesting that because of what went on the last time, Petrie has some sort of axe to grind with Riordan and so therefore will allow him to leave? How does that tie in with Petrie pushing the boat out to re-sign him from Celtic? Other than it being pure fantasy of course!

I write long sentences for a living - amongst other things - so can't help myself I'm afraid! :greengrin

Andy thinks his opinion is the "Hibs view" IMO and that the rest of us should just "fall into line" with that as a result!

I have no idea whether RP has any such problem with Derek but it wouldn't be unusual for such a situation to exist! :hmmm:

Point is though, and although your penulatimate post on this thread had a last sentence which is difficult to disagree with, Andy and others posting the same line of thought should recognise that some of the "in the know" stuff is more than likely accurate as it largely comes from posters who are not time wasters and who generally are on the money with "scoops"! :cool2:

That might shorten some of these threads just a tad! :wink:

matty_f
30-09-2010, 07:05 PM

Andy isn't giving the Hibs view, though - in fact he's gone to lengths to say that he doesn't know the whole story to be able to objectively say what's happening.

His point is that we don't get the Hibs view on here, we get one side of the story - he's not saying that side of the story is wrong, or untrue necessarily, but rather asking for people to try and see that there is another side to it that we don't know, which they should consider before forming an opinion.

It's a fair enough point, IMHO.:cool2::boo hoo::yawn::agree::thumbsup:

matty_f
01-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Looks like Yogi has HUGE problems with Deek...(or maybe not) (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/John-Hughes-praises-39hardworking39-Derek.6560105.jp)

TornadoHibby
01-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Andy isn't giving the Hibs view, though - in fact he's gone to lengths to say that he doesn't know the whole story to be able to objectively say what's happening.

I fully appreciate he's not giving the official Hibs view but he definately IMO purports to be giving a "Hibs view" IMO and I think, if you read through the thread, others have also reached that "conclusion"!

His point is that we don't get the Hibs view on here, we get one side of the story - he's not saying that side of the story is wrong, or untrue necessarily, but rather asking for people to try and see that there is another side to it that we don't know, which they should consider before forming an opinion.

So when Andy describes the other, "one sided views" then Matty, as CRAP, as he has done on a number of occasions recently and not only on this thread, is that to be construed as him "not saying that side of the story is wrong or, untrue necessarily"? Also, how do you consider something that you don't know?

It's a fair enough point, IMHO.:cool2::boo hoo::yawn::agree::thumbsup:

As I don't agree with your second point, naturally I don't agree with your final one either!

Beefster
01-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Never mind Riordan, if we don't offer Rankin a new contract, I'll be staging a dirty protest under Rodders' desk until they do.

Sign the contract, Johnny R!

JimBHibees
01-10-2010, 09:17 AM

Personally think that is spot on.

Andy74
01-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Personally think that is spot on.

Yep, and exactly what I meant about all the 'crap' that seems to surround any talk of Riordan and contracts on here. We don't get it with any other player and here we seem to be getting it all again.

Stevie Reid
01-10-2010, 10:14 AM
This all reminds me of the rumours about RP never appointing Yogi as manager due to them hating each other.

I have next to no doubt that Hibs will offer Riordan as long a contract as they possibly can on as much money as our finances can stretch to; I'm also pretty convinced that Riordan will turn this contract down as the possibility of making hundreds of thousands of pounds more elsewhere (for the last time) will be too much to turn down for him and his family - meaning he will walk away with neither himself or the club being to blame.

I'm also pretty sure he will return to ER for a 3rd spell at the end of his next contract.

If Riordan was playing elsewhere at the moment and in his current form, we would have no chance of signing him at the end of his contract - sadly, I think that is he reality that we are dealing with here.

All in my opinion, of course.

Hibby D
01-10-2010, 10:21 AM
This all reminds me of the rumours about RP never appointing Yogi as manager due to them hating each other.

I have next to no doubt that Hibs will offer Riordan as long a contract as they possibly can on as much money as our finances can stretch to; I'm also pretty convinced that Riordan will turn this contract down as the possibility of making hundreds of thousands of pounds more elsewhere (for the last time) will be too much to turn down for him and his family - meaning he will walk away with neither himself or the club being to blame.

I'm also pretty sure he will return to ER for a 3rd spell at the end of his next contract.

If Riordan was playing elsewhere at the moment and in his current form, we would have no chance of signing him at the end of his contract - sadly, I think that is he reality that we are dealing with here.

All in my opinion, of course.

That is probably the reality of it all and what will ultimately be the "official" line*. Not that I'll be happy though :boo hoo:

I want the club to break the wage structure in order to keep him. He's the only player I'd advocate doing that for and is probably the main reason I'm not earning a living in football management :greengrin

*Edit - as opposed to all the theories suggested in this thread

TornadoHibby
01-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Ah, the famous Hibs.net "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" approach! :confused:

You missed (at least) one very important FACT and that is that when the new contract offer was eventually made, I understand that Derek asked for it to be back-dated to the date that the original (pre TM arriving) offer was made and that request, which didn't seem unreasonable in all the circumstances, was not agreed to! Perhaps that was enough to make the player consider other offers when hitherto he had not done so!? :hmmm: :dunno:

I doubt of many of those posting on here know all that needs to be known regarding the current situation but it is interesting how many people seem to want to tell others how they should behave or post when maybe they DON'T actually know the facts after all! :cool2:

Bad Martini
01-10-2010, 11:01 AM
Looks like Yogi has HUGE problems with Deek...(or maybe not) (http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/John-Hughes-praises-39hardworking39-Derek.6560105.jp)

I think, Hughes must have more brains than many have given him credit for and evidently (though I dont understand his periodical dropping and subbing of Deek ala the Maribor game), the following would suggest Hughes MIGHT be seeing what we (or some of us are) seeing:

I think he has shown form, goalscoring form too," said Hughes, whose team travel to face St Johnstone in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League tomorrow. "He has certainly come into Craig's thoughts.

"He just needs to keep doing what he's doing for Hibs and scoring goals, and I'm sure the door will open again for him."

Hughes first encountered Riordan as a youngster when both played for Hibs and he feels that his former team-mate has matured in recent times.

"He works very hard at his game," Hughes said. "We're finished training and Derek is still out there practising.

"My concern on Saturday was playing Derek as a lone striker, and I felt he worked his socks off. I was delighted he got a goal to go with all the hard work, realising you can score goals, work hard and play your part for the team. Derek knows that every game he needs to put his shoulder to the wheel. And I've seen that, I've had no complaints with Derek Riordan since I've come to the club.

"I've been impressed with his attitude and commitment. He is back-tracking, putting tackles in, winning headers."

But Hughes added: "The thing about Derek, it's a fine balance.

"You ask him to do all that and you're taking him out of areas where he's at his best, and that's in the final third.

"Sometimes you have to make sure you set your team up accordingly and let Derek do his bit of business in the final third."

2 bits in bold are key.

As thats why Riordan takes so many pelters on here.

He's lazy, doesnt do these things etc.

So, we can see it and Hughes can see it. Just the anti-Deek brigade who CANNY see it now then eh.

ENDOF :devil:

Bad Martini
01-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Ah, the famous Hibs.net "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" approach! :confused:

You missed (at least) one very important FACT and that is that when the new contract offer was eventually made, I understand that Derek asked for it to be back-dated to the date that the original (pre TM arriving) offer was made and that request, which didn't seem unreasonable in all the circumstances, was not agreed to! Perhaps that was enough to make the player consider other offers when hitherto he had not done so!? :hmmm: :dunno:

I doubt of many of those posting on here know all that needs to be known regarding the current situation but it is interesting how many people seem to want to tell others how they should behave or post when maybe they DON'T actually know the facts after all! :cool2:

Spot on. That is or rather was, the crux of it.

However, St Tony could never do anything wrong now could he?? Nope. Not in some folks eyes....that said, the same folk probably defended him after he made a right tit of himself telling all his young and upcoming stars to "learn their trade" and "work hard on developing" .... then promptly jumped ship himself.

Aye. Shows all the traits he was trying to instill right enough :bye:

GLORY GLORY

TornadoHibby
01-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Yep, and exactly what I meant about all the 'crap' that seems to surround any talk of Riordan and contracts on here. We don't get it with any other player and here we seem to be getting it all again.

He wasn't spot on as you should know Andy but, may I ask if by describing other views which don't align with yours as CRAP, are you "not saying that (other) side of the story is wrong or, untrue necessarily" and, if so, can you be more precise in your analysis of those views in relaton to the universally understood description you have chosen to use for them? :cool2:

It's very easy to find fault, that's why there are so many critics! :wink:

Beefster
01-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Had Riordan accepted that original offer and signed the contract?

When I start my next job, should I ask for backdated pay from the date that I got the letter offering me the job?

Hibby D
01-10-2010, 11:09 AM
So, we can see it and Hughes can see it. Just the anti-Deek brigade who CANNY see it now then eh.

ENDOF :devil:

There's an "anti-Deek brigade"???????????

Jesus this place reeks of brigades.

Happy Clappers
Doom & Gloomers
Nish haters
PC Brigade
Yogi GTF brigade
And on top of many others too numerous to mention we now have an anti-Deek brigade :boo hoo:

What I want to know is has anyone ever been in the same room at the same time as all these brigades??

Apart from ER as that's technically not a room :greengrin

Beefster
01-10-2010, 11:13 AM

Happy Clappers
Doom & Gloomers
Nish haters
PC Brigade
Yogi GTF brigade
And on top of many others too numerous to mention we now have an anti-Deek brigade :boo hoo:

What I want to know is has anyone ever been in the same room at the same time as all these brigades??

It's all bull****, D. Classing folk as 'D&G-ers', 'Anti-Deeks', 'Board Apologist' etc is just a way to avoid having to having to debate because those doing it either don't have any answers or know the truth but can't admit it.

marinello59
01-10-2010, 11:15 AM

Happy Clappers
Doom & Gloomers
Nish haters
PC Brigade
Yogi GTF brigade

Down with the the brigades.:agree:
No more brigades.:soapbox:
It's time to start the anti-brigade Brigade.................hold on...................

bawheid
01-10-2010, 11:16 AM

You're speaking in riddles. First you say it was "FACT", but then you follow it up with "I understand". Which is it?

You then go on to make a claim you've made a couple of times now; that for some reason someone at Hibs would rather have let Derek Riordan leave for nothing than sign a new contract. It's quite patently nonsense, unless you have some evidence to back up your claims?

If the Hibs hierarchy hated Riordan so much, and were so delighted to get rid of him, why did they then break their back to bring him back from Celtic?

marinello59
01-10-2010, 11:20 AM
You're speaking in riddles. First you say it was "FACT", but then you follow it up with "I understand". Which is it?

You then go on to make a claim you've made a couple of times now; that for some reason someone at Hibs would rather have let Derek Riordan leave for nothing than sign a new contract. It's quite patently nonsense, unless you have some evidence to back up your claims?

If the Hibs hierarchy hated Riordan so much, and were so delighted to get rid of him, why did they then break their back to bring him back from Celtic?

There can only be one explanation. They hate him so much they re-signed him just so that they could push him out the door again.:agree:
(Nonsense I know but who has come up with a better explanation?)

Bad Martini
01-10-2010, 11:24 AM

Happy Clappers
Doom & Gloomers
Nish haters
PC Brigade
Yogi GTF brigade

Ah take yer point..it's a fair one chief. Ah should have said "the group of folk who for a long enough time ripped Deek to **** for months on end for everything done right (or wrong) even when he was scoring, assisting, defending and all else".... I just thought the Anti-Deek Brigade had a better ring tae it :devil:

It's all bull****, D. Classing folk as 'D&G-ers', 'Anti-Deeks', 'Board Apologist' etc is just a way to avoid having to having to debate because those doing it either don't have any answers or know the truth but can't admit it.

See above point for truth and basis of ma debate on the matter. Happy ti debate wi anyone on anything...trouble wi some of the "bridages" / "lets rip the **** oot of someone group of people" :greengrin is they dinny want to debate...they want to rip the pish and ask questions later, often, with nae basis.

That said, SOME of the anti-(insert) I agree with :devil:

Down with the the brigades.:agree:
No more brigades.:soapbox:
It's time to start the anti-brigade Brigade.................hold on...................

We need mair brigades..what aboot an old briga....ah wait, nane of that roond these parts :faf:

MON THE BRIGADES YA BASS

Bad Martini
01-10-2010, 11:24 AM
(Nonsense I know but who has come up with a better explanation?)

...the mental brigade :grr: :greengrin :devil:

Andy74
01-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Had Riordan accepted that original offer and signed the contract?

When I start my next job, should I ask for backdated pay from the date that I got the letter offering me the job?

Plus, and this was gone over a million times, issues like this started to cloud the overall one which was when it got down to it when Derek was made the best offer that the club could, they were told that he was not interested because he had decided to run down the contract and leave under freedom of contract.

That was all info which was made public and never refuted and having had a look at the tonne of stuuf out there at the time that is still my aassesment of what the true case was.

Issues like a wee bit of back pay or previous offers being withdrawn by a new manager might be bits of information that people had which they felt was important but it was far from being the reason he didn't re-sign.

I don't know why we needed the big campaign that it became on here, Derek wanted to go and try and further his career and make a bit more cash and there was never anyhting wrong with that.

matty_f
01-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I fully appreciate he's not giving the official Hibs view but he definately IMO purports to be giving a "Hibs view" IMO and I think, if you read through the thread, others have also reached that "conclusion"!

Banal point, not worth wasting the time or energy taking it any further.

So when Andy describes the other, "one sided views" then Matty, as CRAP, as he has done on a number of occasions recently and not only on this thread, is that to be construed as him "not saying that side of the story is wrong or, untrue necessarily"? Also, how do you consider something that you don't know?

Where did I say you should consider something that you don't know? If you had anything at all resembling an I.Q. you'd have read that I was making the point that people should consider that there's more than one side to the story before forming an opinion. Most people (from the ages of 2 or 3 upwards) can work out the concept of different sides to a story. Apparently that idea is beyond your grasp.:wink::greengrin:cool2:

As I don't agree with your second point, naturally I don't agree with your final one either!

You don't agree that it's rational to consider that there's two sides to a story? Great, you're doing a grand job there. Well done, Einstein.

Sergio sledge
01-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Wait a minute, is it FACT or a Chick Young stylee I understand. I stated the facts that were put out to the press by the club, the player or his agent, and were never refuted by either side. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I dont ever recall this FACT that you describe above being released officially or discussed in the press. IIRC it was always another of these stories which was leaked to try to make one side look better than the other. As I said though, I'm happy to be proved wrong.

:faf: I take it you know (or should that be "understand") all the FACTS then?

What I and others on here have been saying is that under normal circumstances when a player is in contract negotiations we don't hear anything about it, but when it is Riordan we get a one sided story leaked to the messageboards which is never refuted by the club because, quite rightly, they don't comment on rumours or confidential contractual matters.

Why does this happen? After what happened last time, and is already happening this time, it seems apparent to some of us that Riordan is building up to his inevitable departure (for more money elsewhere, which is a reasonable explanation in itself) by trying to make out like he doesn't want to leave and is being forced out by the club. Why can't he just quietly go about his contract negotiations like everyone else and avoid damaging the relationship between the club he supports and his fellow fans?

Not telling anyone how or what to post, just stating my thoughts on the matter....

TornadoHibby
01-10-2010, 03:38 PM

Banal point, not worth wasting the time or energy taking it any further.

Where did I say you should consider something that you don't know? If you had anything at all resembling an I.Q. you'd have read that I was making the point that people should consider that there's more than one side to the story before forming an opinion. Most people (from the ages of 2 or 3 upwards) can work out the concept of different sides to a story. Apparently that idea is beyond your grasp. :wink::greengrin:cool2:

You don't agree that it's rational to consider that there's two sides to a story? Great, you're doing a grand job there. Well done, Einstein.
What a ridiculous statement! Where did I say or even imply such a thing please?

You've just given perhaps the best example of someone realising they have lost a discussion point and deciding to hurl abuse instead to marginalise the "difficult" question rather than dealing with the discussion point properly. I can't actually believe that an adult would resort to "insults" of the type you've recorded but every day is a learning day I've always found! Let me direct you to the bit I see as the "difficult" part if I may (see below)!

Now, as I read those words, you are asking people promoting the "one-sided" view considered CRAP by Andy74, to recognise that there is another point of view to that which we (hibs.net posters presumably or anyone but the two protagonists in the matter) should consider before forming an opinion despite us not knowing what that other point of view actually is! Recognising the second side to the issue goes without saying for most people but taking account of the "other" view can only be done with an understanding of that view surely?

matty_f
01-10-2010, 07:36 PM
You've just given perhaps the best example of someone realising they have lost a discussion point and deciding to hurl abuse instead to marginalise the "difficult" question rather than dealing with the discussion point properly. I can't actually believe that an adult would resort to "insults" of the type you've recorded but every day is a learning day I've always found! Let me direct you to the bit I see as the "difficult" part if I may (see below)!

Now, as I read those words, you are asking people promoting the "one-sided" view considered CRAP by Andy74, to recognise that there is another point of view to that which we (hibs.net posters presumably or anyone but the two protagonists in the matter) should consider before forming an opinion despite us not knowing what that other point of view actually is! Recognising the second side to the issue goes without saying for most people but taking account of the "other" view can only be done with an understanding of that view surely?

Yep, if you take the sentence from the bit you've helpfully coloured in for some reason, then the sentence would imply that. However, using basic reading skills to take in the full sentence puts a different meaning on it altogether.

You'll see that it means people should consider that there is another side to the story that they don't know before making up their minds. I've avoided colouring any of that in, so hopefully it's still manageable for you.

Tricla
01-10-2010, 07:50 PM

:confused: WTF?

Ray_
01-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Plus, and this was gone over a million times, issues like this started to cloud the overall one which was when it got down to it when Derek was made the best offer that the club could, they were told that he was not interested because he had decided to run down the contract and leave under freedom of contract.

That was all info which was made public and never refuted and having had a look at the tonne of stuuf out there at the time that is still my aassesment of what the true case was.

Issues like a wee bit of back pay or previous offers being withdrawn by a new manager might be bits of information that people had which they felt was important but it was far from being the reason he didn't re-sign.
I don't know why we needed the big campaign that it became on here, Derek wanted to go and try and further his career and make a bit more cash and there was never anyhting wrong with that.

He was on £500 a week when he was offered the new contract & the back money would have been a tidy sum, as it was around a year after the original was offered, when the same contract was offered again.

bawheid
01-10-2010, 10:35 PM
He was on £500 a week when he was offered the new contract & the back money would have been a tidy sum, as it was around a year after the original was offered, when the same contract was offered again.

Do you think he would have signed the £2k per week deal with Hibs (including back-pay), rather than the £12k per week deal at Celtic?

Ray_
02-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Do you think he would have signed the £2k per week deal with Hibs (including back-pay), rather than the £12k per week deal at Celtic?

When he signed for Hibs he was still under contract at Celtic, is he getting 12k a week from us?

Beefster
02-10-2010, 07:04 AM
When he signed for Hibs he was still under contract at Celtic, is he getting 12k a week from us?

It was very different circumstances. By the time of his move back, he had, allegedly, fallen out with Strachan and it was patently obvious that he wasn't going to get to play at Parkhead very often. When he initially moved to them, I'm sure Riordan had visions of playing every game, winning tons of trophies and being a hero to the soapless hordes.

TornadoHibby
02-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Yep, if you take the sentence from the bit you've helpfully coloured in for some reason, then the sentence would imply that. However, using basic reading skills to take in the full sentence puts a different meaning on it altogether.

You'll see that it means people should consider that there is another side to the story that they don't know before making up their minds. I've avoided colouring any of that in, so hopefully it's still manageable for you.

Sorry, I have read the full sentence and it hasn't changed my interpretation of your post one bit! :confused:

Every so often you seem to feel the need to to throw your toys out of your pram and resort to petty name calling and patronising insults suggesting somehow that you are a "better person" or more "intellectual" than others. :faf: :faf:

If that makes you feel good personally or in the eyes of others then great but I think it's all really just a bit childish! I'm sure my view as something equivalent to pond life in your view it seems (just saving you the trouble of having to start your brain up for the effort!) is of little value or importance to a great guy like you so doubtless you will either ignore it or trot out some more of your infantile insults! :greengrin :faf: