PDA

View Full Version : The Ghost of Graham Poll.............

lyonhibs
27-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Didn't see this given its own thread anywhere else:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9038318.stm

2 things - it doesn't say whether the ref actually rectified his mistake. Did the St J defender stay on the park??

If he did, just what sort of rank incompetents are we letting into the SPL referee roster?? I mean, yes, a lot of them are grim for a whole plethora of reasons but, as yet, I think all of them know that 2 yellows = 1 red. Did not one of the THREE other SFL qualified officials - that are there to help the referee in his frequent moments of imbecility - not see the glaring gaffe. Do refs not write down the players name and/or number in that wee book of their's whenever they book someone??.

What a farce, and I assume Brian Winter will be given his marching orders or will do the decent thing and resign??

:taxi

Craigyno1
27-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Didn't see this given its own thread anywhere else:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9038318.stm

:taxi

I think he stayed on! 2 soft yellow cards anyway, looked liked the player made the most of the 2 challenges.

wazoo1875
27-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Heard about this at work today, I know him personally and he is a top bloke. Can't quite get my head round how refs can make such a terrible mistake. I don't think he will be resigning and I don't know whether he would be asked too. But he will be hauled over the coals for it and rightly so. Measures need to be taken by the beaks to make sure the other 3 officials can't allow the ref to make this kind of mistake again. It's more embarrassing than anything else, but at the end of the day it's just a human error.

suavegav
27-09-2010, 08:07 PM
I think he stayed on! 2 soft yellow cards anyway, looked liked the player made the most of the 2 challenges.

does it mean the St Johnstone player will be suspended against Hibs on saturday?:confused:

LaMotta
27-09-2010, 09:36 PM

:agree: Goodwillie likes a dive