PDA

View Full Version : NHC Just out of curiosity...friends who support other spl clubs

Speedy
27-09-2010, 07:06 PM
How many out of the 12 spl teams are supprted by your friends? And how do you know them?

I've got friends who support Rangers, Celtic, Hearts(first 3 through school / work etc.), Aberdeen, Killie, St Johnstone(last 3 through uni). Don't know anyone that supports Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell or Inverness. My physics teacher at school supported Dundee Utd but he doesn't count.

There's not really any point to this so feel free to Dug Out it but I thought it might be interesting to see how much of a mixture there was in Edinburgh.

Diclonius
27-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Aberdeen - known a few
Celtic - obviously
Dundee Utd - aye
Hamilton - naw
Hearts - obviously
Inverness - naw
Kilmarnock - naw
Motherwell - a couple
Rangers - obviously
St Mirren - naw
St Johnstone - known a couple

lyonhibs
27-09-2010, 07:18 PM
From Uni, but actually live in Edinburgh I know Huns, and Huns from elsewhere outwith Glasgow that went to uni there. I know Kilmarnock, Clyde, Ayr, Partick Thistle (ok, the last 3 are not SPL but still interesting) Aberdeen, Motherwell, ICT (sort of, meaning she also supports Rangers but does actually go to the ICT games) Celtic and St Mirren fans as well.

Not too surprisingly, I've never clapped eyes on a Hamilton fan, even at New Douglas Park!!!

Interestingly, with the exception of 1 guy who was a total dopehead (decent guy mind), I didn't meet any Jambos at Uni - school was a different matter. Surprisingly, in the mid/late 90's there was no shortage of folk willing to pledge allegiance to the **** over us, given the comparative health of either club.

I know OF a Dundee United fan, but have only met him a couple of times - he's cursed with the ginger gene, so I guess he didn't have much choice.

Sammy7nil
27-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Celtic
Hearts
Rangers
St Mirren

Falkirk and Pars I know they dont count

Mostly from work

erin go bragh
27-09-2010, 07:29 PM
smeltic
pbs lot
currant buns
sheep
well
utd
st mudden
right shower of ***** [only kidding:greengrin]

mim
27-09-2010, 07:34 PM
I know, or have known, supporters of all clubs, but none of them could I describe as friends. :bitchy:

If your not a Hibby, you don't qualify. :wink:

steakbake
27-09-2010, 08:04 PM
My wee team are the super j's but im not quite sure who's wee now. Know a couple of jambos, quite a few arabs and dons fans. Dont have any OF friends but i reckon thats just coincidence than avoidance.

Hibercelona
27-09-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't know any OF supporters.

Just people that claim to be. :agree:

Darth Hibbie
27-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Am I the only one who knows accies fans (in fact I know all 5 of them :greengrin)
I know them from school and work.

I know plenty and am even friends with plenty of Rantic fans. A couple of Motherwell fans (my best man supports them although I am slowly converting him).

I know 1 Kilmarnock and 1 St Mirren fan although both also claim to support rangers as well.

St Johnstone / Inverness. Nope none of them. 1 Utd fan and a couple of Sheep.

I have 1 friend who is a Jambo

Lofarl
27-09-2010, 08:21 PM
I don't know any OF supporters.

Just people that claim to be. :agree:

Its funny that. I bet most Hibees have been to the Smellies ground more times than yer average OF fan.

.Sean.
27-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Hibbies
Huns
Jambos
Sellick 'supporters'
Motherwell
Cowdenbeath
Caley

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Aberdeen - known a few lived there 91-92
Celtic - from uni
Dundee Utd - 1 from my time in Aberdeen
Hamilton - yes a good mate I worked with in London
Hearts - unfortunately
Inverness - no
Kilmarnock - yes a few from Irvine
Motherwell - a couple from uni #2
Rangers - even more unfortunately yes
St Mirren - yes 1 from uni #2
St Johnstone - does stuart cosgrove count?

Woody1985
27-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Aberdeen - 1
Celtic - Lots
Dundee Utd - 1
Hamilton - 0
Hearts - Lots
Inverness - 0
Kilmarnock - 0
Motherwell - 0
Rangers - Lots
St Mirren - 0
St Johnstone - 1 (from work but not a friend as such)

At The Edge
27-09-2010, 08:38 PM
Through mates and work..
Rangers
Celtic
Hearts
Dundee Utd
Aberdeen

Although the Arabs and Dons fans only number 1 each

non SPL
Falkirk
Livi

heretoday
27-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Married into the Hearts, I'm afraid.

Friends support Celtic, Rangers and Dumbarton.

Hiber-nation
27-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Sadly most of my mates are jambos.

And I know the only 2 decent huns on the planet...

Carheenlea
27-09-2010, 09:02 PM
As far as actually attending games as opposed to looking out for the scores, I know a good few Celtic season ticket holders, a long time friend who follows Rangers and still has his season ticket despite living in Poole for the last few years (makes it up for a few games plus travels to all the European games, think he hires it out to others for the games he misses), know a Motherwell fan who goes occasionally, one Hearts fan who attends a few home games and one who has a ST in the centre stand, a Galway United season ticket holder who has my utmost sympathy, I`ve accompanied him a few times to games and if you think watching Hibs is bad right now, you want to try watching Galway and the Irish League, truly eye watering! One female Ross County fan who despite living in Peebles gets home to a few games a season, and know a St Johnstone fan who I had not seen for a while but inevitably met in the car park at McDiarmid whilst storming back to the car after the 5-1 horror show.

Removed
27-09-2010, 09:14 PM
8 + me in my team at work

1 Sheep
1 Tim
1 Hun
1 yam (never realised when I interviewed him :bitchy:)
1 Falkirk

Strangely all of them are ST holders apart from the Sheep supporter but he does get into double figures games most seasons. Makes for very interesting team meetings :greengrin

Across work I could name supporters of every other SPL and first division team except Stirling & Cowdenbeath plus Livi, Airdrie, Clyde & Berwick.

Not surprising that most get to one or two games a season at least except the Rantic glory hunting bassas

Booked4Being-Ugly
27-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Thanfully, most of my best mates are Hibbies and got me following Hibs. Quite surprising that we are all from Livi and as far as i know none actually came from Edinburgh!

I also have Rangers/Celtic best mates!

I have a couple of Jambo mates and play 5's with a few Jambos that are quite decent if i'm honest.

HibeeSince85
27-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Mostly Hearts, Rangers and Celtic but I do know one Killie fan who was born and raised in Edinburgh and has never moved from here, never have been given a reason as to why he supports them.

DH1875
27-09-2010, 10:12 PM
I know at least 1 Aberdeen, Inverness, Killie, St Mirren, St Johnstone fan but if we talking proper friends and family then it's only celtic, rangers and a couple of yam f**s.

Hibercelona
27-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Mostly Hearts, Rangers and Celtic but I do know one Killie fan who was born and raised in Edinburgh and has never moved from here, never have been given a reason as to why he supports them.

Glory hunting killie bassa :greengrin

HibeeSince85
27-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Glory hunting killie bassa :greengrin

It made my return to the pub after the final a more glorious experience seeing him greeting into his pint:greengrin

IWasThere2016
27-09-2010, 10:25 PM
Only ICT a no for me,

Vini1875
28-09-2010, 12:26 AM
OF
Sheep - 1

Never associated with Jambos

As for the guy who said huns at Uni, you really shouldn't be cutting about with the jannies

Hibs On Tour
28-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Know guys to talk to/have a drink with up and down the entire country.

Those who I'd class as friends tho:

Hibs - lots
Hearts - quite a few
Rangers - again, quite a few

On the playing side, was at school with Alan McLaren and am mates with Gary Mason's wee brother and have been out drinking a few times with Gary and Kenny Miller. Myself and a couple of the other posters on the boards know Keith Keith Keith too...

Dashing Bob S
28-09-2010, 02:27 AM
No friends whatsover, hate everybody, except Yogi.

hibiedude
28-09-2010, 04:31 AM
My family support Hearts or Rangers and a couple support Hibs

workmates support the oldfirm and Hearts but my boss is a STH at Easter Road :greengrin

Peevemor
28-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Aberdeen - yes, though mostly not from Aberdeen
Celtic - yes
Dundee Utd - yes, 2 or 3
Hamilton - no
Hearts - yes
Inverness - yes, 3 or 4 (same family)
Kilmarnock - yes, 1
Motherwell - no
Rangers - yes
St Mirren - no
St Johnstone - yes, quite a few.

RoslinInstHibby
28-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Aberdeen - :agree:
Celtic - :agree:
Dundee Utd - :agree:
Hamilton - :bitchy:
Hearts - know too many!
Inverness - :bitchy:
Kilmarnock - :agree:
Motherwell - :bitchy:
Rangers - :agree:
St Mirren - :agree:
St Johnstone - :agree:

Golden Bear
28-09-2010, 08:15 AM
St Mirren, Hamilton & ICT are the only "no's" for me.

magnificent_seven
28-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Growing up in the Tayside area, I know more Dundee Utd and St Johnstone fans than Hibs and Hearts fans. I would say that Perth is generally not bad for OF supporters. Most people there, that I know anyway support St.J, United, Dundee and a sometimes Aberdeen.

Being in Glasgow now it is all about the Old Firm obviously, a few Motherwell, St Mirren Hamilton and Killie fans around as well.

Can't say I have ever befriended a Inverness fan i'm afraid!

johnrebus
28-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Aberdeen - 1
Celtic - 1
Dundee Utd - 1
Hamilton - 0
Hearts - 1
Inverness - 0
Kilmarnock - 0
Motherwell - 0
Rangers - 0
St Mirren - 2
St Johnstone - 1

Took this to mean real friends rather than people I know.

As a matter of principle I would never be friends with a Hun - and I am being serious.

:greengrin

Renfrew_Hibby
28-09-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm married to a St.Mirren STH... does she count as a friend??:greengrin

StevieC
28-09-2010, 09:05 AM
I would say that Perth is generally not bad for OF supporters.

Seriously? We must mix in different circles then because the place is crawling with them. You might have to look under big stones and down dirty side streets but they are definitely there, in numbers.

Oh .. I don't know any ICT supporters, the rest I'm friends with at least one (even Hamilton!).

Steve20
28-09-2010, 09:12 AM
If we are talking about family, then it is mostly Hibs and Rangers supporters.

As for friends:

Aberdeen - 2
Celtic - 5
Dundee Utd - 1
Hamilton - 1
Hearts - Loads
Inverness - 0
Kilmarnock - 0
Motherwell - 2
Rangers - Loads
St Mirren - 1
St Johnstone - 0

Sir David Gray
28-09-2010, 10:39 AM
I know a few Hearts fans, a Celtic fan, a Queen of the South fan, a Dundee Utd fan, several Falkirk fans and several Rangers fans.

I have also known a couple of Aberdeen fans in the past but I don't know any Hamilton, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, St Johnstone or St Mirren fans.

sparkiehibs
28-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Hibs - Obviously
Hearts - Friend might be slighty strong
Rangers - :agree:
Celtic - :agree:
Aberdeen - :agree:
Dundee utd - :agree:
Motherwell - :agree:
ICT - :agree:
Hamilton - :agree:
Kilmarnock - :agree:
St Johnstone - :bitchy:
St Mirren - :bitchy:

Dunbar Hibee
28-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Aberdeen - aye
Celtic - obviously
Dundee Utd - aye
Hamilton - nah
Hearts - obviously
Inverness - aye 1 or 2
Kilmarnock - 1 or 2
Motherwell - 0
Rangers - obviously
St Mirren - naw
St Johnstone - none

OtterHibee
29-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Aberdeen - a friend and several relatives (Dad's family are originally from Aberdeen)
Celtic - ST holder in the family. Know many more - Kirkcaldy is crawling with them.
Dundee United - one friend
Hamilton - no-one
Hearts - one friend, unfortunately!
Inverness - a couple of friends
Kilmarnock - no-one
Rangers - one in the family and a good friend. As 'Celtic', there is a significant number of them in the town, much to my dismay.
St Johnstone - no-one
St Mirren - no-one

iwasthere1972
29-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Jambo nephew and brother-in-law.

Normally stay away from their house for about a fortnight after a derby defeat. A Hibs win and I'm straight round there in a :taxi after the match. :greengrin