PDA

View Full Version : NHC Barry the Crab

ancienthibby
27-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Will never play for Scotland again (per Beeb Radio)

Golden Bear
27-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Well the nation can finally breathe a big sigh of relief.

After keeping his subjects waiting with baited breath, the arrogant overrated little sod has finally officially given his verdict that he no longer wants to play for the national team.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

:saltireflag

Hibs Class
27-09-2010, 05:17 PM
:pray: thank you thank you thank you.

Jim44
27-09-2010, 05:24 PM

After keeping his subjects waiting with baited breath, the arrogant overrated little sod has finally officially given his verdict that he no longer wants to play for the national team.

Music to my ears. :greengrin

Saorsa
27-09-2010, 05:26 PM
What a shame :bye:

Just need tae get rid of Potter now :bye:

The_Todd
27-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Good. Harry Potter would have just used him as an automatic first choice regardless of form or who else was available.

Good riddance.

Lofarl
27-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Good. Potters running out of ex Huns he can sook upto now.

HibbyAndy
27-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Good. Potters running out of ex Huns he can sook upto now.

Whats Mo Ross and Bob FTP Malcolm upto nowadays?

Bostonhibby
27-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Will never play for Scotland again (per Beeb Radio)

Christ! Only McGregor, Naismith, Broadfoot, Weir and McCulloch to go and I might start caring again!

johnbc70
27-09-2010, 06:23 PM
The SFA should be rightly embarrassed by this sorry episode. Ban players for life only for one of them to return and then the other be asked (almost begged) to return by Potter who is an SFA employee.

The SFA is rotten to the core. I wrote to George Peat after the McGregor incident at ER earlier and not had the decency of a response. Was a perfectly reasonable email with no abuse and asked what I felt was fair questions in relation to the SFA publicly coming out and leading a campaign against 'simulation' only a year or so earlier. Only in football would an organisation treat its customers with such contempt as the SFA does.

Aldo
27-09-2010, 06:30 PM
The SFA are a total and utter joke. Sorry but we missed the boat here. BF has been one of the top MF's in the EPL in the last year. Our massive national and player pool will cope will it not.

Sorry but the SFA should go and apologise to him. Yeah what he did was wrong and yes he should of been punished but not in the way he did.

Scotlands lose is the brummies gain IMHO.

lyonhibs
27-09-2010, 06:45 PM
The SFA are a total and utter joke. Sorry but we missed the boat here. BF has been one of the top MF's in the EPL in the last year. Our massive national and player pool will cope will it not.

Sorry but the SFA should go and apologise to him. Yeah what he did was wrong and yes he should of been punished but not in the way he did.

Agree to the degree that from a footballing perspective, the SFA have shot themselves in the foot, but I don't think Ferguson's - the captain at the time IIRC - conduct left them with much by way of choice at the time.

Removed
27-09-2010, 07:00 PM

:faf: Are you serious?

Ferguson GTF ya wee fud :bye:

jdships
27-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Music to my ears. :greengrin

:top marks :thumbsup::bye::asshole::nerd:

Iggy Pope
27-09-2010, 07:22 PM

This time it's only a metaphorical two-fingers that he's stuck up to the SFA.

Vile wee ****stain

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 07:28 PM
The SFA should be rightly embarrassed by this sorry episode. Ban players for life only for one of them to return and then the other be asked (almost begged) to return by Potter who is an SFA employee.

The SFA is rotten to the core. I wrote to George Peat after the McGregor incident at ER earlier and not had the decency of a response. Was a perfectly reasonable email with no abuse and asked what I felt was fair questions in relation to the SFA publicly coming out and leading a campaign against 'simulation' only a year or so earlier. Only in football would an organisation treat its customers with such contempt as the SFA does.

Not suprised at that, he was probably caught up in writing his weekly fan mail letter to Walter and each of the boys / running about Murray park with his Panini SPL album getting the reptiles to scrible the only word they are able to write.

SurferRosa
27-09-2010, 07:32 PM
A relief. At least we`ll never again have to suffer that dispicable wee runt lettin Scotland doon again. The SFA and Levein should hang their heads in shame for even considering bringin the ****my rat back. :grr:

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Sack them all and build the team round our Bazza! Sideways to glory!

jdships
27-09-2010, 09:24 PM

Your source is ?
He still wants to pass the ball sideways , he still hangs on the ball too long .
"Yesterdays Man" - let him RIP :yawn:

New Corrie
27-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Confirmation if ever it was needed, that Yogi is right, the fans know nothing about football, Ferguson joins Whittaker, Thompson, Hartley, Murray etc etc as being crap anyway,,,,,

Ferguson has won a watch, he gets to play Premiership football rvery week and never again has to be under the spotlight of all these tartan fuds that watch the national side.

Derek Riordan is the best Scottish born player that there is, yet doesn't get quoted for Scrotland, again confirning how shambolic and embarrassing the whole Scrotland debacle actually is. It's the Scrottish Football heirarchy you should be pointing fingers at, not Barry Ferguson.

BroxburnHibee
27-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Confirmation if ever it was needed, that Yogi is right, the fans know nothing about football, Ferguson joins Whittaker, Thompson, Hartley, Murray etc etc as being crap anyway,,,,,

Ferguson has won a watch, he gets to play Premiership football rvery week and never again has to be under the spotlight of all these tartan fuds that watch the national side.

Derek Riordan is the best Scottish born player that there is, yet doesn't get quoted for Scrotland, again confirning how shambolic and embarrassing the whole Scrotland debacle actually is. It's the Scrottish Football heirarchy you should be pointing fingers at, not Barry Ferguson.

I agree with that but I still wouldn't have asked the wee prick back.

Ferguson has had his revenge by make Fud Levein and his bosses look complete muppets.

Proof forevermore that the OF are running Scottish Football.

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 09:33 PM

Murray crap anyway, am I missing something, our vice captain?

New Corrie
27-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Murray crap anyway, am I missing something, our vice captain?

Yeah, thats what the experts said on here a while back when he left us, apparrantly he was sheite anyway and none of the experts would have made a move for more money. Anyway, you are right Ferguson gets the last laugh.

Riordan not good enough for Scotland, has to be the biggest laugh ever and shows you how absurd the national setup is.

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Yeah, thats what the experts said on here a while back when he left us, apparrantly he was sheite anyway and none of the experts would have made a move for more money. Anyway, you are right Ferguson gets the last laugh.

Riordan not good enough for Scotland, has to be the biggest laugh ever and shows you how absurd the national setup is.

I noticed that, the same experts that at the start of the season said he was crap and passed it for us - our vice captain - the comments of real upstanding hibs fans!

As for Riordan i can see where Potter is coming from to an extent - Murray was probably the hardest worked LB in the league last year as every team did the same thing - took the ball down that line as the knew Riordan would be either out of position / not bother tracking back - and they were right. HOWEVER, he is not a left midfielder, play a left midfielder in that position and stick him up front and I am sure he would get goals for Scotland just like he does for Hibs.

As for Barry, despite the fact I have no time for the guy, he is a very, very good player, and if I am being honest and looking at it from an Ecosse point of view, I would rather have him in the team than not.

johnrebus
28-09-2010, 07:46 AM
Turned on BBC Radio Scotland last night just after six and thought someone had died.

Turned out to be Derek Ferguson greeting about his brothers decision to keep away from Scotland and how it was everyone elses fault..........,

Enough to give you the dry boak.

:idiot:

bighairyfaeleith
28-09-2010, 09:18 AM
The crab is a wee prick and should never have been asked back by levein. I wouldn't let the back over the border if it was my decision.(TBF that applies to almost every hun in the land:greengrin)

bighairyfaeleith
28-09-2010, 09:23 AM

I'm a little bit lost with your post here, are you saying that ferguson was right to stick his fingers up at the camera, right to go on a bender before a national game and right to try and undermine burley at every opportunity?

No denying the guy can play football, but surely we should be picking players who have scotlands best interests at heart yes?

Also, I think to use this thread to show that yogi is always right is a bit :faf:

You are right about riordan though, so one of out three is not bad, a definite improvement.

marinello59
28-09-2010, 09:41 AM

Apart from the dig at the Tartan Army and the unnecessary Scotland pun I would agree with this.

rubber mal
28-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Right, Potter. Can you please now draw a line under it and move on. Desperately pleading with someone who has no interest in playing for his country is just embarrassing, and only serves to massage his already inflated ego.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 12:23 PM
The image of playing for Scotland has been damaged considerably over the last few years.I am glad that we can now at least draw a close to one shameful incident(imo)in Scottish footballing history.Much as I disagree with the sfa and Craig Leveins decisions I will always support Scotland and wish our glorious country every success.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2010, 12:28 PM
It's just a pity that his wee sidekick in all of this didn't decide to do the same thing.

I'm glad Ferguson will no longer play for Scotland. The decision should have been taken out of his hands by Levein but, in the end, I'm happy with the result.

easty
28-09-2010, 12:28 PM
Scotland would be a better side with Ferguson in the team. Granted he's a bell end but he's not the 1st or the last that'll represent Scotland. He gets a lot of stick for only passing sideways, which for a start is bollocks, but anyway most of the passes, sideways or not, end up going to a team-mate, which is more than can be said for a lot of the players in the Scotland squad.

New Corrie
28-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm a little bit lost with your post here, are you saying that ferguson was right to stick his fingers up at the camera, right to go on a bender before a national game and right to try and undermine burley at every opportunity?

No denying the guy can play football, but surely we should be picking players who have scotlands best interests at heart yes?

Also, I think to use this thread to show that yogi is always right is a bit :faf:

You are right about riordan though, so one of out three is not bad, a definite improvement.

I'm saying it doesn't matter, and that i'm just astonished that people get upset and offended with these gestures. It was aimed at the press anyway.

CmoantheHibs
28-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Scotland would be a better side with Ferguson in the team. Granted he's a bell end but he's not the 1st or the last that'll represent Scotland. He gets a lot of stick for only passing sideways, which for a start is bollocks, but anyway most of the passes, sideways or not, end up going to a team-mate, which is more than can be said for a lot of the players in the Scotland squad.
Does that not say a lot about Scottish football that we dont have someone who has the technical ability of moving the ball on(it seems to be a pre requisite of most players in international sides).Perhaps there is a player like Paul Lambert, who in Scotland was considered a creative player until he moved to germany, who could do this menial task.
Personally I would never have even considered asking him to play again.Much as I dislike ferguson I think he can do this job but creates little.

Holmesdale Hibs
28-09-2010, 01:31 PM

:agree: Better than Barry Robson or whoever gets picked instead of him.

Twa Cairpets
28-09-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm saying it doesn't matter, and that i'm just astonished that people get upset and offended with these gestures. It was aimed at the press anyway.

so at what point do you draw the line then. The gesture was childish and hugely disrespectful and that was what caused the issue. If he had, for instance said "haw, youse can aw f*** right off, by the way", rather than doing it in sign language, would that have been ok? How about if it he'd grabbed a microphone and berated the tartan army for being clueless ersholes? Would that have been acceptable?

It was that repugnant wee *****ehawk and his equally vile sidekick that caused the issue in the first place, not the SFA.

Anyway, I would have thought that anything that could potentially cause pride in Scotland to be tarnished or any sporting manifestation of the Scottish state to be weakened would be music to your ears?

New Corrie
28-09-2010, 02:23 PM
so at what point do you draw the line then. The gesture was childish and hugely disrespectful and that was what caused the issue. If he had, for instance said "haw, youse can aw f*** right off, by the way", rather than doing it in sign language, would that have been ok? How about if it he'd grabbed a microphone and berated the tartan army for being clueless ersholes? Would that have been acceptable?

It was that repugnant wee *****ehawk and his equally vile sidekick that caused the issue in the first place, not the SFA.

Anyway, I would have thought that anything that could potentially cause pride in Scotland to be tarnished or any sporting manifestation of the Scottish state to be weakened would be music to your ears?

It's not a case of drawing a line, it's a case of giving a pheck. Players making gestures, whether it be at fans or at the press doesn't bother me. However, the Scottish football heirarchy doing nothing about McGregor's antics at ER the other week and the constant OF biased press and referees does bother me. That along with that Hearts Fud overlooking Riordan. Until such times as the corruption stops, then I don't really care about the National side. I'll just stick with my Hibs thanks.

Bad Martini
29-09-2010, 11:39 AM

Co ****ing rect mate.

Nuff said. Spot on. THEE most overrated player since Paul McStay and Brian McLair played for Scotland - both of whom were rank for the national team...

ENDOF (the crab) (thank ****)

ENDOF :thumbsup: