PDA

View Full Version : derek riordan appreciation thread

AgentDaleCooper
27-09-2010, 12:50 AM
just saw the highlights from the game - dear christ, what a goal:notworthy:

we might be pish, and i know this has been said many times before, but we're also very lucky and very privileged to have him.

:singing: WE'VE GOT DEREK RIORDAN, WE'VE GOT DEREK RIORDAN, NA NAAA NAAA NA, NA NAAA NAAA NA :singing:

alfie
27-09-2010, 08:34 AM
It was some chip on the turn! :greengrin

And for him to get Motm from the Scotland on Sunday just for that goal says it all.
:notworthy:

Auckland Hibs
27-09-2010, 08:45 AM
It was some chip on the turn! :greengrin

And for him to get Motm from the Scotland on Sunday just for that goal says it all.

Agree, what a finish :top marks

In the current climate it was something to admire.

Riordans Boots
27-09-2010, 08:50 AM
:singing: One Derek Riordan, there's only one Derek Riordan :singing:

:not worth:notworthy::not worth:notworthy::not worth:

Spike Mandela
27-09-2010, 09:20 AM
Quite simply, the best striker I have seen in a Hibs jersey in the 35 years since my first game.:cool2:

HibbyAndy
27-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Their arent many players in the SPL that would have the audacity to try that.

Stunning stunning finish.

Antifa Hibs
27-09-2010, 09:57 AM
The word legend gets thrown about to much these days, but if there is one player who is worthy of that word, then its Derek.

This must be the boards numbers 1 priority, getting DR on a long term contract. We lost him once, can't lose him again.

:not worth

khib70
27-09-2010, 10:08 AM
The word legend gets thrown about to much these days, but if there is one player who is worthy of that word, then its Derek.

This must be the boards numbers 1 priority, getting DR on a long term contract. We lost him once, can't lose him again.

:not worth
Couldnt agree more. I admit I once had my doubts about him, but he has raised his game big time, works really hard, and can score marvellous goals out of nothing. Which is a good job, because currently, nothing is as good as it gets.

Life without him doesnt bear thinking about. The board must remove all uncertainty ASAP

bawheid
27-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Sounds like he worked really hard up front on his own at the weekend. He's pissing all over Craig Levein's comments more and more every week.

Hibercelona
27-09-2010, 10:32 AM
:singing: Some say a ledge, some say a ned... but no doubt that Derek has a right peg!

hibee4life1983
27-09-2010, 10:47 AM
And a left, great player, im baffled as to how he isnt in the scotland squad, plebs keep saying that hes a trouble maker and blah blah, whit aboot mcgregor and if harry potter waves his wand and gets his way, ferguson.
DEEK UR A LEGEND IN MY EYES AND NEED NOT EVER LEAVE AGAIN. GGTTGH

RickyS
27-09-2010, 10:52 AM
And a left, great player, im baffled as to how he isnt in the scotland squad, plebs keep saying that hes a trouble maker and blah blah, whit aboot mcgregor and if harry potter waves his wand and gets his way, ferguson.

well said:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
27-09-2010, 10:58 AM

:agree:

I don't seem to recall Stevie Naiwheretobeseensmith scoring at the weekend.

"bHut eh puree plays fir the mightiee rangers if ye ken wit am gettin it".

California-Hibs
27-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Derek Riordan is a legend, a total legend. That goal he scored on Saturday sums him up perfectly - outstanding! The technique involved, touch, execution, the whole lot was there to see from that goal.
The word 'gutted' doesnt even come close to how i'll feel if he leaves again. Why oh why are we being left in the dark as to what the hell is going on with that new contract?!?!?! :confused::confused:
I'm not totally sure that the board know just how much of an effect it will have on the club if he leaves. Just how much he is adored by the fans. Also, does Deek know how much aswel? ..:dunno:

:singing:One Derek Riordan! Theres only one Derek Riordan! One Derek Riordan!:singing:

:deal:

biffo1875
27-09-2010, 11:02 AM
just saw the highlights from the game - dear christ, what a goal:notworthy:

we might be pish, and i know this has been said many times before, but we're also very lucky and very privileged to have him.

:singing: WE'VE GOT DEREK RIORDAN, WE'VE GOT DEREK RIORDAN, NA NAAA NAAA NA, NA NAAA NAAA NA :singing:

get him signed up on new contract .enough said

HibbyAndy
27-09-2010, 11:03 AM
get him signed up on new contract .enough said

Awrite Keith, Any winners at the weekend?

biffo1875
27-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Awrite Keith, Any winners at the weekend?

all right mate no luck at all poor results .how did you fair

hibee4life1983
27-09-2010, 11:08 AM
I hate harry potter and his anti football facist regime, put in place to annoy us football fans and defend defend defend, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .wait 4 it, . . . . . . . . . . . defend. robbing deek of a place is just ridiculous and stupid.The guys the most comfortable finisher in scotland since weedgie henrik 'fixes the radio' larsson.

HibbyAndy
27-09-2010, 11:09 AM
all right mate no luck at all poor results .how did you fair

Arsenal let me doon mate,:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Sammy7nil
27-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Deek is very very talented and left foot or right foot is all the same to him.

He is slight of build but holds his own.

A compilation of his top 30 goals would not look out of place matched against any other player in the World and I do mean that many have scored better but the overall quality of the 30 would be fantastic.

We are very very lucky to have him and he will be a huge loss when his days at Hibs are done.

Derek is the the Only fit player at ER at the moment that it is worth paying to watch. Zemmama is the only other player but is unfit.

All the other Hibs players are hard working but have no real class. (Including Miller)

And thats the best way to describe Deek on the Pitch Class.

Cant believe Harry Potter wont pick him, imagine the press clamour to have him in the Scotland squad if he palyed for the Old Firm and scored as many wonder goals.

Derek :top marks:top marks:top marks :agree:

Vini1875
27-09-2010, 03:12 PM
He is not a legend but he is a very very good player for us and very important that he gets a good contract at Hibs. I also think he is important that board sort it out and let the fans know that they have done all they can to keep him. He may yet choose to leave and that is what will prevent him being a legend in my book, guys like Lawrie Reilly and Pat Stanton could have gone but choose to stay. Pat was eventually pushed out of the door, but Derek choose to go once and may yet do it again. The board must make it impossible for him to refuse to sign another contract.

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2010, 03:16 PM
'Would like to see him work harder.' - Craig, Edinburgh.

hughio
27-09-2010, 03:19 PM
He is not a legend but he is a very very good player for us and very important that he gets a good contract at Hibs. I also think he is important that board sort it out and let the fans know that they have done all they can to keep him. He may yet choose to leave and that is what will prevent him being a legend in my book, guys like Lawrie Reilly and Pat Stanton could have gone but choose to stay. Pat was eventually pushed out of the door, but Derek choose to go once and may yet do it again. The board must make it impossible for him to refuse to sign another contract.

:thumbsup::top marks

marinello59
27-09-2010, 03:22 PM
'Would like to see him work harder.' - Craig, Edinburgh.

'Punchy wee Hobo.' - Casper, Saughton

frazeHFC
27-09-2010, 03:31 PM
Deeko, Deeko!!

What goal, no matter how bad we play, it is nice knowing that we have a player who will score from nothing.

How Potter can leave him out of the Scotland squad is beyond me :grr:

essexhibee
27-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Yet he is not good enough for scotland?

Farcical.

Sammy7nil
27-09-2010, 05:39 PM

Wee bit unfair, different times, different contracts and very different rewards available for moving compared to Stanton anf Reilly days.

Malthibby
27-09-2010, 05:43 PM
He's not a legend, he's a very naughty boy.
We need him signed up very very badly.
GG

scotty1875
27-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Utter class Deeks.

The board must offer him a contact to keep him at ER :agree:

JDanielR1875
27-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Probably the best goal he has ever scored even Lio Messi would be proud of a strike like that. His contracts not got long left on it and i for one would rather he took a big signing on fee and a new contract rather than a new player for about 200,000k

Aldo
27-09-2010, 06:33 PM
For me he must be the No 1 signing priority for the team. By far the most talented player in our squad....

You know it makes sense Rod...get him signed up.

He might not have legend status yet but he will do.

His signature may or may not make my decision to purchase a ST next season

monktonharp
27-09-2010, 07:29 PM
For me he must be the No 1 signing priority for the team. By far the most talented player in our squad....

You know it makes sense Rod...get him signed up.

He might not have legend status yet but he will do.

His signature may or may not make my decision to purchase a ST next season:agree: it gies me a sair heid,thinking of him running his contract oot,or being allowed to.

Hibee D
27-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Was watching the news in the gym tonight when goals were showed. Nearly fell of treadmill when seen Deeks goal.

Guy is different class :thumbsup: