PDA

View Full Version : Celtic's second goal

(((Fergus)))
26-09-2010, 05:49 PM
Did it cross the line? Any footage along the goal line? As far as I can tell it was at the opposite end from the away section, so presumably no eye witnesses...?

ClewsHibs
26-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Looked like it went in to me, but we still 100% need some sort of goal line camera's :grr:

Dunbar Hibee
26-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Was defo in

(((Fergus)))
26-09-2010, 06:07 PM
Was defo in

Do you know just by looking at the standard video?

Dunbar Hibee
26-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Do you know just by looking at the standard video?

Yep ball was definitely over the line, by a fair bit.

matty_f
26-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I thought De Graaf might have been fouled as he went to kick the ball, looked like he was pulled.

Think it crossed the line, though.

(((Fergus)))
26-09-2010, 06:42 PM
How very sporting of you all! I would have demanded a video replay! :greengrin

Alex Trager
26-09-2010, 06:53 PM
See now i dont beleive it did, due to the pure fact they did not show a replay over their screen

greenlex
26-09-2010, 09:29 PM
How did the hibs players react particularly the one that cleared it? Usually a good measure of what actually happened.

Bobo
26-09-2010, 10:05 PM
We were behind the goal and I'd say it was inconclusive.

Watching it as it happened I didn't think that the ball had crossed the line and the lack of reaction from the Celtic players would probably point to how dubious it was. It was only after the linesman flagged for a goal that the Celtic players started to celebrate.

Haven't seen the TV footage so can't comment further but my first impression from seeing it at the game was that it hadn't fully crossed the line before it was cleared away.

EH6 Hibby
26-09-2010, 10:16 PM
I thought the replay from behind the goal looked like it was in. The first angle wasn't clear, but the other two on BBC look fairly conclusive to me.

rossi
27-09-2010, 02:16 AM
For the linesman to give the goal he should be certain that the entire ball was over the line. He saw it once in real time through a ruck of players. I've watched it a few times from different angles and would say it was probably over; not sure though.

brog
27-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Until I watched the BBC highlights today I didn't even realise the ball had not hit the back of the net. No mention in the papers I saw down here & no mention from David Tanner at the game. If it had been at the other end there would have been uproar!
FWIW I'm amazed how often commentators state that the ball was clearly over the line when it's often anything but.
I took a refereeing badge in England & our coach was a Premiership ref. He stood us all on the penalty spot, placed a ball on the ground just behind the goal line & asked whether it was a goal. From memory the great majority said yes. He then took us to the side of the goal & though the ball was actually on ground behind the line, part of the ball was overhanging the line therefore no goal. I've kept that in mind ever since.

3pm
27-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Had we defended the bloody corner right, it wouldn't have mattered. Piss poor defending.

Carheenlea
27-09-2010, 09:21 PM
John Rankin was quoted in "The Scotsman" today stating the ball was "at least a yard over".

TV pictures on BBC website are far from conclusive, and I could not really see from my seat squinting to get a view from behind a pillar...

Carheenlea
27-09-2010, 09:26 PM
See now i dont beleive it did, due to the pure fact they did not show a replay over their screen

Certainly didnae show it on the screen nearest the away end that was boarded over, or on the wee telly that they used to justify their high charge of admission for away fans with restricted view which is now just a frame with no telly...

Celtic Park is starting to look decidedly tatty and cheap, not a patch on Ibrox IMO.

Alex Trager
27-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Certainly didnae show it on the screen nearest the away end that was boarded over, or on the wee telly that they used to justify their high charge of admission for away fans with restricted view which is now just a frame with no telly...

Celtic Park is starting to look decidedly tatty and cheap, not a patch on Ibrox IMO.
Really?

Carheenlea
27-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Really?

Yes, genuinely feel it`s a better football stadium than Celtic Park. Better away end, and I know it`s luck of the draw with where you get your tickets for, but I have had far more duff views at Celtic than at Rangers.

hibee4life1983
27-09-2010, 10:40 PM
That was not wholey over the line. No chance