PDA

View Full Version : Your views on Yogi now?

Diclonius
26-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Interested to see if anyone's changed their minds after the Celtic game.

PISTOL1875
26-09-2010, 05:39 PM

I would be very surprised if anyone has changed there minds after yet another defeat....

Gus
26-09-2010, 05:41 PM
I would be very surprised if anyone has changed there minds after yet another defeat....

:agree:

Andy74
26-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Anyone who makes a judgement on a long term thing like a manager on a game to game basis needs a word. He's either the guy for the next few years or he's not but don't base it on game to game.

yekimevol
26-09-2010, 05:57 PM
i want him to go but fear that not getting trashed at parkhead has kept him around for a while longer.

Jim44
26-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Even although this is a 'young' poll the trend already shows a substantial swing back to Hughes since yesterday's game. I don't think it will change much no- matter how long it lasts. I think the sooner he goes the sooner the club can get back on the tracks which we are completely derailed from. All the support for Hughes in the media, the latest I read this morning was Davy Provan, is a smokescreen of support from a football 'mafia' defending their own.

ScottB
26-09-2010, 06:40 PM
To be honest from the sounds of it the game reflected Hughes reign pretty accurately; periods of good football and attacking, mixed with periods of awful football and weird tactics.

It doesn't change my opinion, as we haven't done much in Glasgow for a couple of years now. Had we been hammered that would have been a different story, though had we sneaked a win again, you can't base on one game.

Hughes needs a good run of results, not just one win. Lets see what happens in the next match, another defeat and I think that could well be curtains for him.

Expecting Rain
26-09-2010, 06:49 PM
My mind was more or less made up after the Ross County game at home. Since then i`ve been hoping that things would improve, they haven`t, if by some miracle Yogi survived this and turned things around i`d be the first person on the board to acknowledge this and give him the praise that he would deserve, i`m not hopeful anymore, at the end of the day i`d like to see the manager progress more importantly i want to see Hibs progress.

Nuitdelune
26-09-2010, 06:54 PM
St Johnstone may well be the defining game. I didn't want him in the first place but was prepared to go along. I have misgivings about hounding him out though because what will change if that happens and someone else, make do, comes in. I just don't know what can be done. It has been a few years now--since Tony Mowbray left actually, excepting the CIS final, where I am sick of being nervous watching/listening to games for fear of failure. It is not enjoyable and it should be win or lose. I dunno

basehibby
26-09-2010, 07:46 PM
I was one of the 10% that voted STAY in the last poll and unsurprisingly I've not changed my mind on the back of a narrow defeat at Celtic.

The way I see it, Hughes passed stage 1 of my survival criteria - ie not getting horsed rotten by the Smellies. Stage 2 is a good performance - and preferably avoiding defeat - at St Johnstone. Stage 3 would defo be a win at home to Killie.

He wouldn't be out of the woods yet if he achieved that but that would be a good start IMO.

PS - some smillies courtesy of my daughter Ellie....

:duck::jamboak::slipper::turnevil::shocked::sofa:: hi::titanic::protest:

Albion Hibs
26-09-2010, 07:53 PM
sorry, I seem to have missed the period where we play celtic and expect to win.

This isn't a back Hughes post or a Sack Hughes post. just wondering why getting beat 2-1 by celtic at Parkhead should be a defining moment?

I think it has been about for a while - a good number of our fans (mostly the ones that want Yogi out) seem to think we are the Real Madrid of Scottish football, and that we should expect to beat any team that we come up against, by about 4 goals per game.

My opinion on our manager has not changed, I did not want him out before and I do not want him out now.

mcaitchi
26-09-2010, 08:09 PM

This isn't a back Hughes post or a Sack Hughes post. just wondering why getting beat 2-1 by celtic at Parkhead should be a defining moment?

THINK Hibs Fans - Expect Better !!!

We Now Expect to go to DarkHeid and WIN !!

The " Raised " Expectations Stem From -

" The Gleaming new training ground / and Shiney new stadium " !!

and with a donkey of a manager trying to work with 11 ponies on the field !!!

Big Rod - apparently pays in carrots - which would explain a lot !!

AND FOR YOGI - I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST SACKING MOST OF THE TEAM !!!

KEEP A FEW AND FIELD THE UNDER 19`S TEAM - FFS :grr:

Albion Hibs
26-09-2010, 08:12 PM
THINK Hibs Fans - Expect Better !!!

We Now Expect to go to DarkHeid and WIN !!

The " Raised " Expectations Stem From -

" The Gleaming new training ground / and Shiney new stadium " !!

and with a donkey of a manager trying to work with 11 ponies on the field !!!

Big Rod - apparently pays in carrots - which would explain a lot !!

AND FOR YOGI - I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST SACKING MOST OF THE TEAM !!!

KEEP A FEW AND FIELD THE UNDER 19`S TEAM - FFS :grr:

Cha cha cha, under 19's! When I stop laughing at the ridiculous suggestion I may put together a longer response.

w.connectionfc
26-09-2010, 08:13 PM
I think it has been about for a while - a good number of our fans (mostly the ones that want Yogi out) seem to think we are the Real Madrid of Scottish football, and that we should expect to beat any team that we come up against, by about 4 goals per game.

My opinion on our manager has not changed, I did not want him out before and I do not want him out now.

lol i dont think anyone thinks that we are the scottish real madrid, fact is whether he stays or goes he,ll go down in the history books as the manager responsible for our worst run of form since the club was formed and the result yesterday just added another game to that record

Albion Hibs
26-09-2010, 08:18 PM
lol i dont think anyone thinks that we are the scottish real madrid, fact is whether he stays or goes he,ll go down in the history books as the manager responsible for our worst run of form since the club was formed and the result yesterday just added another game to that record

I would disagree.

It seems of course that you are one of those fans, one of those that takes a small amount of pleasure over the run and what is happening to our team / manager as it gives something to moan and boo about - the longer the run the better the reading in your history books of course.

HIBEETILLIDIE
26-09-2010, 08:20 PM
go-please go- i do not know who we should get get-please not Mowbray-3 year deal for Zibby after hampden debacle!
Its not that difficult to see that 4 3 3 does not work, we are too soft and unfit!
The same defence each week for 8 months, despite, our worse run in history, is not good enough!

HIBEETILLIDIE
26-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Sorry stopped mid post as i began to get depressed as i realiased what has happend to our great club!

w.connectionfc
26-09-2010, 08:31 PM
I would disagree.

It seems of course that you are one of those fans, one of those that takes a small amount of pleasure over the run and what is happening to our team / manager as it gives something to moan and boo about - the longer the run the better the reading in your history books of course.

disagree??? so it isnt our worst run ever ??

i,m no statto mate, i dont get pleasure moaning, i get pleasure watching hibs win games and it aint happening whether at septic park or at home to so called lesser teams, hope he turns it around but cant see it
at what point (if this run continues) would you start doubting his ability ???

HFC 0-7
26-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Anyone who makes a judgement on a long term thing like a manager on a game to game basis needs a word. He's either the guy for the next few years or he's not but don't base it on game to game.

So if you appoint a manager the board should stick by that person for 2 or 3 years no matters what? relegation? Getting pumped every game?

You need a word if you dont evaluate a manager on a game by game basis. I am not saying that if he loses one then out the door, but you have to evaluate their position after every game, ie, how many points we are adrift from target, how the manager is managing the team, how the manager deals with pressure and how the manager intends to go forward and how he is performing against that plan.

Any manager or board employing a manager will evaluate them on a regular basis to make sure that they are up to standards otherwise the team will be in bother. During a bad patch these evaluations will be more frequent as the situation can quickly get worse, which could mean lost revenue. This is not just a football thing, it goes for just about every business.

Sir David Gray
26-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I don't think much can, or should, be taken out of a game against Celtic, in terms of looking at the overall picture. They and Rangers play differently against us in comparison with the rest of the league and allow us more time and space in possession in defence and in midfield because they believe that they have enough quality to defeat us anyway.

I will take much more out of next week's match against St Johnstone than I did yesterday. St Johnstone will, more than likely, get in our faces from the start, play at a fast pace and close us down at every opportunity. It will be interesting to see if we are able to cope with that and if we are, I will be encouraged.

silverhibee
26-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Go :taxi

steakbake
27-09-2010, 06:01 AM
The poll shows that 10% of hibs fans are easily impressed.

Time for him to go.

Ritchie
27-09-2010, 06:22 AM

I do enjoy reading some of the nonsense you've been posting on here.

Keep it up, brings a bit of well needed humour to the proceedings

Phil D. Rolls
27-09-2010, 06:41 AM

:hmmm:

I don't think any Hibs fans realistically expect to beat teams by 4 goals every game. We'll leave deluded arrogance to our chums in Wester Hailes.

We had hoped to build on the progress we saw under Mowbray and Collins, and maybe thought that the board freeing up money for the squad would lead to that. We had hoped that what Mowbray did with kids, Yogi could do with seasoned professionals.

Looking at performances and results, it's disappointing that he hasn't managed that. Is it the players, not wanting to win games, or is it the manager preparing them badly? It's hard to tell, what we do know is that the manager has been a bit confusing in what he has been saying to the media.

We also saw signs of someone who can't take, and won't act on criticism the other week. On top of that, we seem to lose goals later in games, which is often a sign that teams aren't fit.

So, without wanting to be Real Madrid, the supporters maybe do have some genuine causes for concern. Luckily, we haven't become the sort of club where we are so worn down we dont even complain about the manager.

Take Hearts for example, they are reduced to defending what is going on at all costs, even if it means contradicting themselves on a weekly basis. That must be humiliating, don't you think?

Beefster
27-09-2010, 07:38 AM

Although we disagree on what Hibs should do, you're spot on. Anyone who changes their mind because of a single game isn't worth listening to.

sambajustice
27-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Hughes is a clown and hibernian football club are fast becoming his circus. Get rid, asap! Doesn't matter how good we were yesterday, we still lost, it extends that run we're on. This "manager" of ours has on a steady path to relegation. He has to go!

HFC 0-7
27-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Although we disagree on what Hibs should do, you're spot on. Anyone who changes their mind because of a single game isn't worth listening to.

Agree with what you say, however, Andy was saying that anyone that makes a judgement on a game by game basis needs a word. Thats a different thing as i think everyone makes a judgement after each game, granted it may be the same judgement after a few games but if the team is mince there will be one game that is the turning point, the same as there can be one game that is the turning point in saving managers. If we had beaten Celtic 3-0 at the weekend I am sure there would have ben a few that previously wanted hughes out thinking maybe he should be given a bit more time.

bighairyfaeleith
27-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Go - not seen enough to change my mind yet, a win against st johnstone won't do it either, I expect at leats three wins out of the next five.

delbert
27-09-2010, 08:05 AM
How can anybodys view possibly have changed, we are still on a dreadful run since the turn of the year under a manager who has a worse record than the last guy to get us relegated, Jim Duffy !! People here are now talking about defining moments, ie ICT game, Hamilton game, now its the St Johnstone game. Try a defining year, 2010, take a look at our record under this utter tactical nonentity, and then perhaps the mists might clear from a few peoples eyes, we currently have one of the worst managers ever to walk through the door at Easter Road, that is a simple fact.

khib70
27-09-2010, 08:21 AM
How can anybodys view possibly have changed, we are still on a dreadful run since the turn of the year under a manager who has a worse record than the last guy to get us relegated, Jim Duffy !! People here are now talking about defining moments, ie ICT game, Hamilton game, now its the St Johnstone game. Try a defining year, 2010, take a look at our record under this utter tactical nonentity, and then perhaps the mists might clear from a few peoples eyes, we currently have one of the worst managers ever to walk through the door at Easter Road, that is a simple fact.
:top marksSays it all

Saorsa
27-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Hasnae changed my opinion in the slightest

:taxi for Hughes :agree:

ahibby
27-09-2010, 08:32 AM
I hope no ones stance has changed as nothing has changed.

J-C
27-09-2010, 08:46 AM
We seemed to play a hellova lot better against Celtic, whether that's just the players raising their game for a big match or maybe we are turning the corner after some horrendous games I don't know, the next 3 games will be a lot clearer.

What I do know is Yogi has to start acting like the Hibs manager and stop all this one of the lads thing, by the looks of it some of the players have him wrapped around their wee fingers and seem to do whatever they please and get away with it.
Hughes has to no instill some discipline into the team and stop all this one of the boys nonsense. We got caught cld by the first on saturday, a deflection for the second and scored a winder goal by Deek, apart from that we competed a lot better and showed a stronger mentality, with Dickoh and De Graaf showing why they were brought here, hopefully in the next 3 matches the team will gel a lot more and things will click into place, if not then it's time for Yogi to call it a day and accept the fact he can't do the job before it's too late.

1875 NO 1
27-09-2010, 09:06 AM
No.

We didn't get humped due to poor finishing. Poor defending for the goals. Liam Miller let Brown walk right through. Miller is weak as andso is the rest of the midfield.

Very little support for Deek as a result we hardly troubled them.

offshorehibby
27-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Firstley, he was not my choice as manger but was prepared to give him my 100% backing. I am falling into the go camp more and more.
While i am not expecting world beating football i am looking for a general improvement in year 2.
A lot of the story's starting to surface are worrying me:
Yogi has his little favourites
He's fallen out with several players and possibly coaching staff
Aledged hard time he gives to some of the younger players and that at least one would rather go on loan than play under him

Speedway
27-09-2010, 11:28 AM
It's hard to reconcile a desperate desire for Hughes to succeed based on the fact that he loves the club and can attract a decent player or two to the club, with the results and facts staring us all in the face.

I would say, win at McDiarmid - stay of execution for three games. Loss at McDiarmid - go.

Draw at McDiarmid - stay of execution for one game.

proud_and_green
27-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Even although this is a 'young' poll the trend already shows a substantial swing back to Hughes since yesterday's game. I don't think it will change much no- matter how long it lasts. I think the sooner he goes the sooner the club can get back on the tracks which we are completely derailed from. All the support for Hughes in the media, the latest I read this morning was Davy Provan, is a smokescreen of support from a football 'mafia' defending their own.

Do you mean, the track of another manager to hound out and team to boo?

--------
27-09-2010, 11:47 AM
He has to go, and go as soon as possible.

If it needs another 5-1 or worse at McDairmid to get him out, so be it.

HE HAS TO GO.

:taxi

andyhibeefan15
27-09-2010, 12:03 PM
keep yogi just now but any more loses he should go:hnet::flag:

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 12:18 PM
disagree??? so it isnt our worst run ever ??

i,m no statto mate, i dont get pleasure moaning, i get pleasure watching hibs win games and it aint happening whether at septic park or at home to so called lesser teams, hope he turns it around but cant see it
at what point (if this run continues) would you start doubting his ability ???

I think you realise that my "disagree" comment was in relation to the expectations that some hibs fans have and not your favorite joy stat about the current run.

I do enjoy reading some of the nonsense you've been posting on here.

Keep it up, brings a bit of well needed humour to the proceedings

Glad you enjoy reading, and furthermore commenting on someone elses view, rather than putting forward your own view!

Ritchie
27-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Glad you enjoy reading, and furthermore commenting on someone elses view, rather than putting forward your own view!

im bored of putting my views across.

i stated my views at the end of last season, before you started posting on here.

whilst most still had the blinkers on and were happy clapping away, i knew hughes wasnt going to improve our form and should have been emptied before now.

nothings changed! :rolleyes:

basehibby
27-09-2010, 12:25 PM
He has to go, and go as soon as possible.

If it needs another 5-1 or worse at McDairmid to get him out, so be it.

HE HAS TO GO.

:taxi

I've already been told off for directing insults at other posters - so, suffice to say that I find your attitude that you would wish a bad defeat on the Hibees contemptible in the extreme. :bye:

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Let him go now, but get him back in 2 or 3 years.

banarc7062
27-09-2010, 12:30 PM

Could be that its got something to do with ANOTHER defeat :grr:

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 12:35 PM
im bored of putting my views across.

i stated my views at the end of last season, before you started posting on here.

whilst most still had the blinkers on and were happy clapping away, i knew hughes wasnt going to improve our form and should have been emptied before now.

nothings changed! :rolleyes:

Good effort, empty a manager who has you finishing fourth and into europe - are you sure you dont think we are Real Madrid - they seem to kill off anyone who finishes second or below, perhaps you are just a little more lenient.

BoltonHibee
27-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Delaying the inevitable i'm afraid.

Why he has been given this much time is absolutely astounding!

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Delaying the inevitable i'm afraid.

Why he has been given this much time is absolutely astounding!

Oh, I know.....a whole 6 league games, two of which were against the old firm - its total madness. At which point during the first three games should he have been sacked? 85min against St M?

Get a grip!

Mili Tant
27-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Good effort, empty a manager who has you finishing fourth and into europe - are you sure you dont think we are Real Madrid - they seem to kill off anyone who finishes second or below, perhaps you are just a little more lenient.

Will you please stop making 4th place sound like some kind of success. The fact is we got booted out of Europe by a very mediocre side. We are still on our worst run in history and watching the biggest lot of dross since Blobby. If you're happy with that then maybe Yogi is right - we need to change the fans expectations!

Removed
27-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Will you please stop making 4th place sound like some kind of success.

Depends how far back you want to go. Compared to the 50's then yes it's piss poor but in my lifetime it is classed as success.

el capitano
27-09-2010, 01:00 PM
my tuppence worth is that im unsure whether i want him out or not. there are too many fans wanting him to fail and i think it may be better for everyone if he wasnt here, but then again a confident bunch of players and the fans supporting them i dont think we are far away from beein a very good side, which is surely what we all want.

xmas/january time i think is probably the time to make my mind up, whatever happens before and after then wont stop me watching hibs but all my lifetime of watching i dont think its as bad just now as some like to think it is.

so for now im keen to see how he is gonna turn our fortunes around, last wednesday i bet there were a few of us sitting there thinking "mixu, never got long enough" where at the time of him leaving it seemed like the right thing to do. a few months is nothing in terms of where were goin imo so im going to be patient before i tick a small box on here to sum up our whole supports feelings.

--------
27-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I've already been told off for directing insults at other posters - so, suffice to say that I find your attitude that you would wish a bad defeat on the Hibees contemptible in the extreme. :bye:

Well, I guess I'll just have to nurse my broken heart and live with that.

The quicker Hughes goes, the quicker we might see an improvement in the team.

But it's not just about Hughes. The people who appointed him, and Paatelainen, and Collins/Craig, and Mowbray, and Williamson, and Sauzee - five managers in less than 10 years, none of whom lasted very long and all of whom left in less than satisfactory circumstances - need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Why does a board who've done such a good job in sorting out the finances, rebuilding the stadium, and setting up the training ground - all in a matter of 15-20 years and without a huge amount of cash to play with - persistently EITHER appoint numpties to take charge of the team, OR fail to adequately support potentially successful managers? It's got to be one or the other.

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Will you please stop making 4th place sound like some kind of success. The fact is we got booted out of Europe by a very mediocre side. We are still on our worst run in history and watching the biggest lot of dross since Blobby. If you're happy with that then maybe Yogi is right - we need to change the fans expectations!

You are in my mind the typical deluded hibs fan - what is forth to you? A failure? What is success - finishing third? So one place higher is a success, where we finished last year is a failure - you must be kidding.

The team that put us out of Europe went on to have a pretty good match, and some of there "mediocre" players went on to sign for reasonably big clubs in Italy. I will assume you did not watch either of the european games, as that side would quite easily challange for the SPL, if not win. But I guess based on your above statements managing to do that is probably not classed as a success?

In summary, and IMO if you think finishing fourth is not a success then yes, your expectations do need to change.

Golden Bear
27-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Another defeat so why on earth should anything have changed.?

Is there some sort of moral victory in going down by only a goal when we all anticipated an avalanche?

:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
27-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Oh, I know.....a whole 6 league games, two of which were against the old firm - its total madness. At which point during the first three games should he have been sacked? 85min against St M?

Get a grip!

Mate, there seem to be two schools of thought on this issue - you and the rest of the world. I admire that, as someone who regularly talks garbage, I take my hat off to you.

Ritchie
27-09-2010, 01:26 PM

ok, ill go into it again, just for you.......

the only reason we finished fourth last season is because of the results from the first half of the season.

in the majority of these games we were rank rotten and rode our luck.

the fact that we were a new look team helped our cause also.... we were an unknown quantity in a way so teams didnt know how to play against our style......

now, unlike our manager, other SPL gaffers are quite cunning & tactically. They managed to work out how to break down Yogis predictable and unchanged tactics and so our atrocious run began....

a decent manager would have sorted this problem out a long time ago, and alarm bells should have been ringing within the powers that be ER months ago.

its clear to see yogi does not have what it takes to fix this.... its been clear to me since the end of last season.

id maybe think different if our performances had been good and we have just been unlucky... but that is clearly not the case.

sooooo.... :taxi for yogi! :bye:

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 01:43 PM
ok, ill go into it again, just for you.......

the only reason we finished fourth last season is because of the results from the first half of the season.

in the majority of these games we were rank rotten and rode our luck.

the fact that we were a new look team helped our cause also.... we were an unknown quantity in a way so teams didnt know how to play against our style......

now, unlike our manager, other SPL gaffers are quite cunning & tactically. They managed to work out how to break down Yogis predictable and unchanged tactics and so our atrocious run began....

a decent manager would have sorted this problem out a long time ago, and alarm bells should have been ringing within the powers that be ER months ago.

its clear to see yogi does not have what it takes to fix this.... its been clear to me since the end of last season.

id maybe think different if our performances had been good and we have just been unlucky... but that is clearly not the case.

sooooo.... :taxi for yogi! :bye:

Agreed excellent results for the first half of the season, I bet you were not calling for his head when we almost had our best run in 30 years or whatever it was.

Re our performances this season, cheated against the huns, a narrow loss to celtic, a loss in St M a place we have not won in 12 years, a missed penalty and some poor open goal misses would have changed each game and result - a pretty fine line for a "fan" like you. But then again, if we the break had gone our way we would have been on our way to a reasonable position in the league - well reasonable for the realistic ones amongst us.

:taxi for you!

Ritchie
27-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Agreed excellent results for the first half of the season, I bet you were not calling for his head when we almost had our best run in 30 years or whatever it was.

Re our performances this season, cheated against the huns, a narrow loss to celtic, a loss in St M a place we have not won in 12 years, a missed penalty and some poor open goal misses would have changed each game and result - a pretty fine line for a "fan" like you. But then again, if we the break had gone our way we would have been on our way to a reasonable position in the league - well reasonable for the realistic ones amongst us.

:faf:

if you went back through my posts to when we had our good run i think you'll find i wasnt happy.

i stated on here every week that although we were winning, we werent playing well. there was only a handful of good performances.

as ive said before, it would be just bearable if we were playing well and getting beat.... but we are crap... the performances are crap... and we keep getting beat.

anyway, you keep clutching at straws buddy, your optimistic posted humour me.

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 02:02 PM
:faf:

if you went back through my posts to when we had our good run i think you'll find i wasnt happy.

i stated on here every week that although we were winning, we werent playing well. there was only a handful of good performances.

as ive said before, it would be just bearable if we were playing well and getting beat.... but we are crap... the performances are crap... and we keep getting beat.

anyway, you keep clutching at straws buddy, your optimistic posted humour me.

Good, good - so basically you are never happy - you were not happy when we were winning and in your opinion playing badly, you would not really be happy if we were playing well and getting beat, and you are not happy with what I would consider to be at times an unlucky start to the season. What would you be happy with.

As I said off to Real Madrid for you, or go and sit down in a dark room and have a long think.

Perhaps you are the one that should stop clutching at straws. Your - glass smashed on the floor into a million pieces and you have just stood bare foot on it - outlook on life does little on the humour front for me. I am tempted to let you off with all of this as it is a gloomy Monday, however, being "realistic" (yes it is a word) I would think a Friday afternoon on the sun would not change much for you!!

sambajustice
27-09-2010, 02:06 PM

Sorry dude, you're definitely not one of these people that "ken fitba" so I dont think you ken what you're "oan aboot"...

Ritchie has it spot on. We were getting results so people werent complaining. I remember going to meet some of my folks right after we'd "pumped" st johnstone 3-0. I was annoyed because they'd played us off the park. We got what was coming to us 3 days later! Then after the Irvine Meadow game I was so angry I had to go straight home after the game, it was an embarassment!

We were winning but playing gash. Now we're losing and playing total gash! We're not getting lucky now like we were last year Aug-Nov, last minute penalties, equalising against 9 men etc etc! Yogi is dragging us down, possibly down a division!

Also, when does "bad luck" turn into "we're pish"??? For me it was some time last season!

basehibby
27-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Surely 4th place was a success considering the previous two seasons we finished 6th.

As for the rest - fair enough - many of us though consider the new seaon a blank sheet which should be considered on it's own merits

Ritchie
27-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Good, good - so basically you are never happy - you were not happy when we were winning and in your opinion playing badly, you would not really be happy if we were playing well and getting beat, and you are not happy with what I would consider to be at times an unlucky start to the season. What would you be happy with.

As I said off to Real Madrid for you, or go and sit down in a dark room and have a long think.

Perhaps you are the one that should stop clutching at straws. Your - glass smashed on the floor into a million pieces and you have just stood bare foot on it - outlook on life does little on the humour front for me. I am tempted to let you off with all of this as it is a gloomy Monday, however, being "realistic" (yes it is a word) I would think a Friday afternoon on the sun would not change much for you!!

not at all, saying that, ive not been properly happy about hibs since mowbray/collins days.... mixu and yogi have been bad appointments and we are suffering because of it.

anyway, im not going to waste my breath with you anymore as you are clearly beyond reasoning with...... think you must be related to yogi or you are actually yogi himself. :hmmm:

Andy74
27-09-2010, 02:25 PM

The problem with all that though is that by all accounts our great run from August to early February was 'luck'.

So, evidently you are allowed to claim luck comes into it when results are good.

What you don't seem to be allowed to do is claim any sort of 'bad luck'.

Oh no, that's just football and you get the results you deserve.

Ritchie
27-09-2010, 02:35 PM
The problem with all that though is that by all accounts our great run from August to early February was 'luck'.

So, evidently you are allowed to claim luck comes into it when results are good.

doesnt matter if we have had good luck or bad luck andy.

its all about performances.

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Sorry dude, you're definitely not one of these people that "ken fitba" so I dont think you ken what you're "oan aboot"...

Ritchie has it spot on. We were getting results so people werent complaining. I remember going to meet some of my folks right after we'd "pumped" st johnstone 3-0. I was annoyed because they'd played us off the park. We got what was coming to us 3 days later! Then after the Irvine Meadow game I was so angry I had to go straight home after the game, it was an embarassment!

We were winning but playing gash. Now we're losing and playing total gash! We're not getting lucky now like we were last year Aug-Nov, last minute penalties, equalising against 9 men etc etc! Yogi is dragging us down, possibly down a division!

Also, when does "bad luck" turn into "we're pish"??? For me it was some time last season!

I dont know football? I will move past that particular comment, before we risk getting into the I know more than you area.

Last min pens - I cant remember getting any that were not desereved, is it a sign of a bad team that plays in there opponents box until the final whistle, is it a sign of a bad team that plays the final whistle getting the ball into the box and waits to see what happens?

You have proved my point, the point I have been making since the start of this thread that regardless of what happens, unless we are beating teams 10 nil every week, and by your own admission, even then certain fans like you would still not be happy.

What is it you are after? Do you want a world class performance every week, winning by 3 or so goals and when we lose it cannot be anymore than 2 losses in a row? Get real this is Hibs we are talking about now Real Madrid.

BoltonHibee
27-09-2010, 03:03 PM

Get a grip!

Get a grip?

So you are only counting 6 league games are you?

Are you for real?:confused:

Golden Bear
27-09-2010, 03:11 PM
From reading through this thread, I get the impression that there were different stages throughout last season whereby fans started to have doubts about Yogi's abilities.

There is no doubt that we did "fluke" a few wins in the early part of last season. They say that luck evens itself out in the end so maybe that's why things are going against the team right now.

For my own part, then it's hard to forget the manner in which the mighty Ross County totally outclassed us in the Scottish Cup tie at ER. They were more confident, more skilful, faster, fitter, better organised and generally more professional than our mob so it came as no great surprise when they beat us in the replay.

It can't all be about the availability of resources - it's also how a Manager best utilises the resources that is available to him and of course the professionalism of the players.

In both these areas things are far from what they should be, and sadly we have not moved forward from last season - in fact, if anything, we're going backwards.

sambajustice
27-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I dont know football? I will move past that particular comment, before we risk getting into the I know more than you area.

Last min pens - I cant remember getting any that were not desereved, is it a sign of a bad team that plays in there opponents box until the final whistle, is it a sign of a bad team that plays the final whistle getting the ball into the box and waits to see what happens?

You have proved my point, the point I have been making since the start of this thread that regardless of what happens, unless we are beating teams 10 nil every week, and by your own admission, even then certain fans like you would still not be happy.

What is it you are after? Do you want a world class performance every week, winning by 3 or so goals and when we lose it cannot be anymore than 2 losses in a row? Get real this is Hibs we are talking about now Real Madrid.

Our team is completely inept!

We've had quite a favourable opening few games, and managed to accumulate a massive 5 points from 6 games! We've not won at ER in god knows how long! We've won less than a handful of games in the equivalent of about 3/4 of a season.

I dont think anyone expects us to win every week.

I think everyone expects us to play teams such as Inverness, Hamilton, Ross County off the park at home.

A few wins at home in 6 months isnt too much to ask.

Holding onto a 4 goal lead isnt too much to ask.

I think its called having expectations but according to our awe-inspiring manager, we're not allowed to have any!

sesoim
27-09-2010, 03:51 PM

:agree: Some of the stuff I've heard from ex players and managers (very few of whom support Hibs) is ridiculous. Why do they always ask folk like Jim Duffy their opinion? He's obviously got a long term gripe because of us sacking him, even though he was clearly out of his depth.

This talk of guys needing 4 or 5 years is farcicle as well. There wasn't much wrong with Hibs when Hughes came, we just needed a few good signings in the right positions and better tactics. Hughes has failed to deliver, so why should we sit around waiting for him to get it right. A good manager wouldn't be making the mistakes he is making.

Andy74
27-09-2010, 04:22 PM

Okay, so seeing as we ended up fourth last year he had more good performances than bad.

And we're only a few games into this year and actually we've only had one performance which was particularly bad.

down the slope
27-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Okay, so seeing as we ended up fourth last year he had more good performances than bad.

And we're only a few games into this year and actually we've only had one performance which was particularly bad.

No to all of that.

--------
27-09-2010, 04:40 PM
From reading through this thread, I get the impression that there were different stages throughout last season whereby fans started to have doubts about Yogi's abilities.

There is no doubt that we did "fluke" a few wins in the early part of last season. They say that luck evens itself out in the end so maybe that's why things are going against the team right now.

For my own part, then it's hard to forget the manner in which the mighty Ross County totally outclassed us in the Scottish Cup tie at ER. They were more confident, more skilful, faster, fitter, better organised and generally more professional than our mob so it came as no great surprise when they beat us in the replay.

It can't all be about the availability of resources - it's also how a Manager best utilises the resources that is available to him and of course the professionalism of the players.

In both these areas things are far from what they should be, and sadly we have not moved forward from last season - in fact, if anything, we're going backwards.

We're going down rather than backwards.

it's not about the quality of the players - the squad's more than adequate.

It's about the present manager's inability to get anything like the best from these players, and if the situation continues as is (in otherwords as long as Hughes is manager) we're very likely to end up losing not just the senior porfessionals who're brassed off with the atmosphere around the team, but a whole lot of our promising youngsters as well.

HE HAS TO GO!

Golden Bear

You're loyalty to the Club is to be commended Andy but to say that we've only had one bad performance this season is I'm afraid, utter nonsense.

Ritchie

Do you honestly believe that????

Deary me.

I can count on one hand the number of games last season we played good football.

The_Horde
27-09-2010, 04:56 PM
We're going down rather than backwards.

it's not about the quality of the players - the squad's more than adequate.

It's about the present manager's inability to get anything like the best from these players, and if the situation continues as is (in otherwords as long as Hughes is manager) we're very likely to end up losing not just the senior porfessionals who're brassed off with the atmosphere around the team, but a whole lot of our promising youngsters as well.

HE HAS TO GO!

Is it though?

I'd say it has the foundations and the potential of a very good squad but i wouldn't say our players are better, overall, than say what Dundee Utd have at their disposal. Escpecially in the midfield and forward areas.

Conway is better than anything we have on the wings, as is Swanson. Gomis is a much better all round player than Mcbride and Probably on par ability wise with Miller.

Their 2 forwards can play a bit, I'd certainly have Daly over Nish anyway (not that i'm in the GTF Nish brigade as i actually like the guy) and Riordan is probably miles ahead of Goodwillie in terms of touch, ability and finishing however Goodwillie has more pace and strength than Riordan.

Taking all of that into conideration.. i would be happy with 4th again this year.

Saorsa
27-09-2010, 05:21 PM
;2589859']i would be happy with 4th again this year.So would maist people I suspect but we're playing mair like a team that will be lucky tae finish 4th bottom and I dinnae see that changing as long Hughes is still here.

He has tae go :agree:

:taxi :bye:

BEEJ
27-09-2010, 05:44 PM

Cuts both ways though.

Those (understandably) seeking solace from the result on Saturday have failed to mention the Celtic header that crashed off the bar when it looked easier for them to score; or the miss by Samaras within the six yard box. Could easily have been a heavier defeat but it was partly down to our 'good luck' this time that we kept the deficit down to one goal.

blairwallace
27-09-2010, 06:41 PM
i had to say go, again.
fair enough you can get your team to play well against the big teams but if we can't even beat the smaller teams there has to be something in it, get them motivated for every game!!

woody47
27-09-2010, 06:58 PM

I would love you to find these fans that have stated this. What a load of bollocks!:grr:
The only people who talk about Real /Hibs are the incompetents that write for the daily rags - NOT THE FANS.
What most fans are pee'd off about are, we have arguably the best training facilities in Scotland, one of the best grounds in Scotland, an under 19 side that won most things las season, NO HOME WINS IN MONTHS.:grr: and you still want to keep Yogi? :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Its all about performances - what a load of pash, you really do struggle with reality. Funnily enough I do recall many an expert over the years refering to football as a results driven business.

Sounds like you would be happy to be relegated through the divisions as long as you thought you were watching the best "performances"!

Put it this way is we won the league, good forbid the scottish cup, playing like a bunch of Joey's I would be the happiest man about. Seems strange that you would be going home raging.

It is not that I am not there to be reasoned with, my view is completely different to yours, so lets just leave it at that.

Albion Hibs
27-09-2010, 07:19 PM
I would love you to find these fans that have stated this. What a load of bollocks!:grr:
The only people who talk about Real /Hibs are the incompetents that write for the daily rags - NOT THE FANS.
What most fans are pee'd off about are, we have arguably the best training facilities in Scotland, one of the best grounds in Scotland, an under 19 side that won most things las season, NO HOME WINS IN MONTHS.:grr: and you still want to keep Yogi? :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Yes I do still want to keep yogi.

You have summed up the problem that many fans seem to have, just because we have a training facility does not mean that we pap out a world beater every 5 mins - forgive me if I am wrong, Yogi is not in charge of youth development is he? Rangers and Celtic have had training facilities for much longer than we have, hertz have a training facility, and correct me if I am wrong so do Falkirk, the team that go relegate last year.

Our ground was finished about 10 mins ago, so dont see what that has to do with anything.

Players like deek, murray, thompson, brown, fletcher, O'conner, Whitaker etc etc all pushed there way into the team at circa 18, into teams with a much better standard of player which would tell me a lot of these boys are not yet up to it / wont be.

Ritchie
27-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Its all about performances - what a load of pash, you really do struggle with reality. Funnily enough I do recall many an expert over the years refering to football as a results driven business.

Sounds like you would be happy to be relegated through the divisions as long as you thought you were watching the best "performances"!

Put it this way is we won the league, good forbid the scottish cup, playing like a bunch of Joey's I would be the happiest man about. Seems strange that you would be going home raging.

It is not that I am not there to be reasoned with, my view is completely different to yours, so lets just leave it at that.

that would be smashing.

now im away into my back garden to get more sense out a tree.... tally ho! :bye:

flash
28-09-2010, 09:02 AM
I want him to stay for this season at least. We need to at least try to stick with a manager for a reasonable period.

If nothing else some of the stick Yogi gets has become personal not that any of the punters who do that would tell him to his face that he can't talk properly.

proud_and_green
28-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I want him to stay for this season at least. We need to at least try to stick with a manager for a reasonable period.

If nothing else some of the stick Yogi gets has become personal not that any of the punters who do that would tell him to his face that he can't talk properly.

Agree, we cannot continue with this perpetual manager renewal cycle. We need stability and also we need to allow a manager to manage and make the changes he needs to. If at the end of this season we haven't improved over Mixu's days then i would agree - time to go.

Albion Hibs
28-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Agree, we cannot continue with this perpetual manager renewal cycle. We need stability and also we need to allow a manager to manage and make the changes he needs to. If at the end of this season we haven't improved over Mixu's days then i would agree - time to go.

Well said guys, was starting to think I was on my own with this one to the extent some muppet was actually admitting to being annoyed when Hibs win and that coming 4th in the league is not a success.

Keep the faith I am sure if we finished 4th this year everyone would be more than pleased, and we have no reason to think that we wont.

I will behind yogi and the team this weekend, and every other weekend until the end of the season.

allezsauzee
28-09-2010, 11:48 AM
17 defeats in 27 games, we're sleepwalking into a relegation fight with a squad that should be top 4.

--------
28-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Well said guys, was starting to think I was on my own with this one to the extent some muppet was actually admitting to being annoyed when Hibs win and that coming 4th in the league is not a success.

Keep the faith I am sure if we finished 4th this year everyone would be more than pleased, and we have no reason to think that we wont.

I will behind yogi and the team this weekend, and every other weekend until the end of the season.

I can think of one reason we'll struggle to make fourth - its name's John Hughes.

And I REALLY REALLY hope Yogi won't be around for Hibs fans to get behind for very much longer.

Albion Hibs
28-09-2010, 07:16 PM
I can think of one reason we'll struggle to make fourth - its name's John Hughes.

And I REALLY REALLY hope Yogi won't be around for Hibs fans to get behind for very much longer.

You think we will struggle this season to finish fourth, because we have the same manager that had us finishing fourth last year - come on, get a brain!

I am sure you are one of the ones that want to appoint some joey nobody that finish nowhere last year - good idea, they have a much better history / track record.

:taxi for you and your comment!

Ritchie
28-09-2010, 07:41 PM
You think we will struggle this season to finish fourth, because we have the same manager that had us finishing fourth last year - come on, get a brain!

I am sure you are one of the ones that want to appoint some joey nobody that finish nowhere last year - good idea, they have a much better history / track record.

Jeezo!

--------
28-09-2010, 08:12 PM

Don't need to. I've already got one, and I use it. I can recommend the habit to you. :wink:

And before you make assumptions about who I want the board to appoint, wait until I make some recommendations.

I have VERY good reasons for wanting Hughes gone, but until he IS gone, all I'm saying is that I hope the board take a long hard look at their recruitment process, and do everything possible to avoid making the same mistakes they made this time around.

(And that DOESN'T mean I'd be happy if they made a completely fresh new lot.)

FWIW, the only names I've commented on recently are the O'Neill boys, Mike and Martin. neither of whom can be described as a "joey nobody". (Is that an Australian expression, btw?)

I'll pass on the taxi, thanks - there's another guy around ER who'll need it before I do, I hope. :devil:

bawheid
28-09-2010, 08:29 PM

:bitchy:

Don't need to. I've already got one, and I use it. I can recommend the habit to you. :wink:

And before you make assumptions about who I want the board to appoint, wait until I make some recommendations.

I have VERY good reasons for wanting Hughes gone, but until he IS gone, all I'm saying is that I hope the board take a long hard look at their recruitment process, and do everything possible to avoid making the same mistakes they made this time around.

FWIW, the only names I've commented on recently are the O'Neill boys, Mike and Martin. neither of whom can be described as a "joey nobody". (Is that an Australian expression, btw?)

I'll pass on the taxi, thanks - there's another guy around ER who'll need it before I do, I hope. :devil:

Think you need another holiday Doddie.

Do you mean Martin O'Neill the former Leicester City, Celtic and Aston Villa manager? If so... :faf:

And Michael O'Neill? Smashing midfieder for Hibs in the 1990s, but what's he done as a manager? Dunfermline went down the Irish league route...where did that get them?

Since your return you've made various posts alluding to things that are going on which mean Hughes must be removed now. If you're unwilling to share it, we'll have to assume that its the same internet tittle-tattle everyone's been hearing over the past couple of weeks. In most cases that's second and third hand (at best) information dressed up to suit the spin of the person who divulges it.

erskine-hibby
28-09-2010, 09:09 PM
My views aint changed...infact if anything they have been hardened. Another game another defeat.

The records just keep coming.

Albion Hibs
28-09-2010, 09:26 PM

The same mistakes twice?! Finishing 4th in the league - what a mistake, horrific, horrendous, absolutely outrageous - dont know what they are thinking - do you think all of them should go as well...you know for appointing the guy that had us finish fourth and qualify for Europe.

A manager in the Irish PL and Martin O'Neill - I will not waste any more letters on that front.

Maybe there next add should state something along the lines of "wanted, manager to work with no money and a section of fans who boo at anything. Successful applicant must be able to finish third in the SPL, probably above, and ideally by winning all games by a minimum of four goals (we mean 4 nil, conceding is not deemed acceptable) and playing a samba style of football. Pay and remunerations will be in line with be poor, oh and did we mention the fans love to boo!".

YetholmHibee
28-09-2010, 10:52 PM
while a 2-1 defeat may come across as a respectable score line at Parkhead, it still does not change my view on Hibs 2010 state of affairs.

Who says Hibs are not getting their share of luck - what if Samaras's tap in & the Mexician's header on to the bar . . . . went in. That would make it 4-1 :dunno:

2-1 defeat or 4-1 defeat . . . still not good enough.