PDA

View Full Version : Pubs 'N' Football

amosmoran
26-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Love 'em.......or love 'em, you can't get away from the fact that pubs and fitba go together like neeps and tatties, ****gy and Scooby Doo or The Krankies (Ahem).....and we want your views why this is.

Clicking the link below takes you to a five minute survey which was constructed by Edinburgh University regarding this phenomenon and one lucky Hibbee, who has completed the survey, will be drawn at random on Oct. 4th and receive a pair of tickets for Scotland Vs. Spain (October 12th) at Hampden Park. The tickets have been supplied by Carling, partners of the Scottish F.A.

http://tinyurl.com/33b764v

Good luck

Regards,

Amos.

mutley
26-09-2010, 03:42 PM
Survey completed............PS I should win the tickets as 4th Oct is my Birthday:thumbsup:

Woody1985
26-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Watching Hibs games in the house is better than the pub, you end up getting distracted in the pub and not watching the game. It's good when you're with lots of fellow supporters but if you're with yam mates then it's crap!

Scotland games are the best in the pub though! :greengrin

Sammy7nil
26-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Survey completed............PS I should win the tickets as 4th Oct is my Birthday:thumbsup:

Mine too how can we both win ? :confused:

:greengrin

scotty1875
26-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Completed too.

I stated that tv can't compete with the atmosphere of actually being at the match.

I prefer Saturday 3pm and Wed night 7.45 games - hate Monday night football.

SPL admission prices are too high therefore watching in the pub is a cheaper alternative (if you only have a couple of pints).

Non Old Firm teams get little live coverage.

emmjayfox
26-09-2010, 04:59 PM
" one lucky Hibbee, who has completed the survey, will be drawn at random on Oct. 4th and receive a pair of tickets for Scotland Vs. Spain (October 12th) at Hampden Park"

Lucky ??????????? i would call that torture :greengrin

mutley
26-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Mine too how can we both win ? :confused:

:greengrin

Well it does say "pair" of tickets..........but as I'll be in Afghanistan from 18th Oct - May '11, then I'm sure I can jump the queue this time:agree:

Since90+2
26-09-2010, 06:21 PM
A lot of the time the atmosphere is better in the boozer than it is at the game , probably down to the fact alcohol is flowing.

NAE NOOKIE
26-09-2010, 07:33 PM
If everybody only watched fitba on the telly, the telly would give up on fitba coz if the games have no atmosphere they look sheeoit on TV.

Apart from that TV and armchair fans have too much of an influence on football.

The Champions League is a direct result of pressure by TV companies and now means that an underdog will never again have a chance of winning the European Cup.

As a result I would be willing to bet that year on year the average crowds for CL matches have dropped, due to the same teams being in the last 8 time after time.

Not to mention stupid kick off times to suit the TV and sod the paying customers, especially the away fans who have to travel 100s of miles for a 12 noon kick off.

TV can GTF its killing the game for those of us who want to go to maches with a decent sized crowd in the ground.

hibee
26-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Love 'em.......or love 'em, you can't get away from the fact that pubs and fitba go together like neeps and tatties, ****gy and Scooby Doo or The Krankies (Ahem).....and we want your views why this is.

Clicking the link below takes you to a five minute survey which was constructed by Edinburgh University regarding this phenomenon and one lucky Hibbee, who has completed the survey, will be drawn at random on Oct. 4th and receive a pair of tickets for Scotland Vs. Spain (October 12th) at Hampden Park. The tickets have been supplied by Carling, partners of the Scottish F.A.

http://tinyurl.com/33b764v

Good luck

Regards,

Amos.

Just completed the survey but couldn't answer the 'drag and drop' questions as the answers wouldn't move (using IE9)

ronaldo7
26-09-2010, 08:32 PM
A lot of the time the atmosphere is better in the boozer than it is at the game , probably down to the fact alcohol is flowing.

:agree: I've never heard anyone BOOOOO the tv

amosmoran
02-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Not long now.............

Lucius Apuleius
02-10-2010, 12:20 PM
Completed too.

I stated that tv can't compete with the atmosphere of actually being at the match.

I prefer Saturday 3pm and Wed night 7.45 games - hate Monday night football.

SPL admission prices are too high therefore watching in the pub is a cheaper alternative (if you only have a couple of pints).

Non Old Firm teams get little live coverage.

Ah but there is the problem. If we accept one change in times to the good old days we should accept them all.:agree::wink: