PDA

View Full Version : St. Johnstone Away

lucky
26-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Saturdays game is a massive one for our football club. We desperately need a win. Yogi must know his time is running out but he can still turn it around win a couple of wins.

As a support we must travel in numbers and get behind the team. I genuinely fear for our club this season. Whilst talk of relegation is premature it is certainly not beyond the grounds of reality.

Lets keep the message board positive this week lets get behind the team.

So come on you Hibs lets do it. :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

mutley
26-09-2010, 03:45 PM
I wholeheartedly agree, and I think I'll be doing my best to make sure I can get to this game

Love the Green
26-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Saturdays game is a massive one for our football club. We desperately need a win. Yogi must know his time is running out but he can still turn it around win a couple of wins.

As a support we must travel in numbers and get behind the team. I genuinely fear for our club this season. Whilst talk of relegation is premature it is certainly not beyond the grounds of reality.

Fully agree ..despite our early dissapointments and poor displays this is a MUST match for us all..travel in numbers and be positive and support our CLUB.

"keep the faith":wink:

Del Boy
26-09-2010, 03:59 PM
HUGE game and I honestly think a defeat will be the end of Yogi.

I watched some of the St J V Dundee Utdgame on alba yesterday and they were unlucky to lose in the end. VERY physical team and if Hibs aint up for it we will get bullied off the park. They have a couple of giant strikers who I think will cause our defence a few problems

Houchy
26-09-2010, 04:03 PM

I agree that it's a massive match but haven't we been saying this for the last 4 or 5 weeks. EVERY game is massive for us right now as we don't know where our next win is going to come from. This isn't supposed to sound negative and I really hope we can start stringing a few wins together but this "massive game this weekend" is getting a bit repetative IMO. They are all massive games when you're 1 point off the bottom.:agree:

Kojock
26-09-2010, 05:12 PM
HUGE game and I honestly think a defeat will be the end of Yogi.

Most people want Yogi out so why would they spend good money going to Perth when in your opinion you think defeat will spell the end of him.:confused:

lucky
26-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Most people want Yogi out so why would they spend good money going to Perth when by your in your opinion you think defeat will spell the end of him.:confused:

Im a Hibs supporter not a Yogi supporter. So its time to support the club . If we win and the team goes on a good run then Yogi will be safe and so will Hibs. This game is about 3 points for Hibernian not about Yogi

ClewsHibs
26-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Im a Hibs supporter not a Yogi supporter. So its time to support the club . If we win and the team goes on a good run then Yogi will be safe and so will Hibs. This game is about 3 points for Hibernian not about Yogi

:agree::top marks

Kojock
26-09-2010, 05:29 PM

Funnily enough Im a Hibs supporter as well and have supported the club all my life. I admire your optimism that we could win at Perth AND go on a good run. Sorry mate it just aint going to happen Yogi just aint got what it takes :bye:

The Silver Fox
26-09-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm not a sack Yogi type of guy. Distancing myself from the facts of the matter, I would say that after the 2-1 defeat by Celtic which will not have done him any harm.

However, I would pedict that Yogi without a win now has three games left. Should Hibs fail to win one of the next three games Hibs will be looking for a new manager. Yogi will not walk away and he knows he must turn it around or this is likely to be the biggest job he will ever have in his managerial career. I just don't see the board tolerating the falling crowds and lack of results. Not to have won at Easter Road in such a long time is getting to be an embarassing situation.

You just cannot be that unlucky for such a long period of time. That said Hibs are 5 points off the third place team so no pressure............

lucky
26-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Funnily enough Im a Hibs supporter as well and have supported the club all my life. I admire your optimism that we could win at Perth AND go on a good run. Sorry mate it just aint going to happen Yogi just aint got what it takes :bye:

I don't think he's got it either but in away he is a side show. We desperately need a victory as such we should back the side on Saturday and travel in numbers.

Kojock
26-09-2010, 05:48 PM
I don't think he's got it either but in away he is a side show. We desperately need a victory as such we should back the side on Saturday and travel in numbers.

A side show :confused: hes one of the most important people at the club. Winning at Perth will only prolong the agony.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-09-2010, 06:12 PM
Given the fact that the players have put on a proper performance against the big guns, when they are all in the shop window so to speak, if we don't get it next week there are serious questions to asked. The biggest one being to explain the difference between can't and won't.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-09-2010, 06:26 PM

Spot on :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
26-09-2010, 06:35 PM
Given the fact that the players have put on a proper performance against the big guns, when they are all in the shop window so to speak, if we don't get it next week there are serious questions to asked. The biggest one being to explain the difference between can't and won't.

Exactly :agree: Big psychological challenge. They bullied us from the off up there last season, cold Wed evening and we showed no spirit whatsoever. This game is more about the players than the manager in my opinion.

Craig_in_Prague
26-09-2010, 06:46 PM
I actually enjoyed watching us in the 2nd half yesterday. Some decent passing with a bit more tempo and more 1 touch stuff than the slow going nowhere passing of late.
But I said on other threads this week, we always tend to play well there. Why, I don't really know, but need to produce that stuff each week and if we do, we'd easily make the top 4 each season.

why oh why we get bummed of bottom 6 teams quite often, I really dont know.

If we aint up for it next Sat, we'll lose. Saints are decent and play a nice mix of football.
We need to match them for fight and effort 1st and foremost and IF we play with a good passing tempo and get Deek in right positions, we can still be a decent team.

The players need to be up for it, and partly it's down to manager to get them up for it but I agree they themselves need to take a look at themselves and really SUABC.

NAE NOOKIE
26-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Exactly :agree: Big psychological challenge. They bullied us from the off up there last season, cold Wed evening and we showed no spirit whatsoever. This game is more about the players than the manager in my opinion.

Agree with that.

When does it become the responsibility of the players to get a win.

Just ask the late Ally McLeod. He got the blame for Argentina, but in reality that team lost one and drew one against two teams which on paper the should have beaten with no boots on after a night in the pub. Thats a reflection on the players, not the manager.

Though Yogi doesnt appear at the moment to be the answer, he certainly aint the whole problem and its about time the players stood up to be counted.

basehibby
26-09-2010, 06:50 PM

A draw would be a reasonable result in this fixture IMO. The main thing though is to see if Yogi has learned anything from the meetings between these sides last season. St. Johnstone dominated the majority of these fixtures last term and I would like to see that changed above all.

Totally agree about getting behind the team though - :top marks :notworthy:

Phil D. Rolls
26-09-2010, 07:59 PM
A side show :confused: hes one of the most important people at the club. Winning at Perth will only prolong the agony.

:agree: