PDA

View Full Version : Dundee in administration threat

frazeHFC
26-09-2010, 10:13 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9034209.stm

I thought they were in the money aswell after all the players they have bought recently.

Hopefully if they go in administration we could sneak a wee bid for Griffiths :wink:

Dibben
26-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Whilst I feel sorry for the fans, they should be hit hard for this as this is the 2nd time in 8 years!!

Clubs shouldn't be allowed to continually run like this!!

Dibben
26-09-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm also glad we didn't splash out on Griffiths in the summer...

If this goes ahead, there will be a January sale!!!

:thumbsup:

bingo70
26-09-2010, 10:27 AM
If they've been running in arrears for around 19 months what were they doing splashing out on the likes of Griffiths :confused:

No wonder HMRC are clamping down on them, thats taking the piss, if someone owed me money and they were splashing it around buying loads of stuff too right i'd be demanding it back sharpish with no flexibility.

Part/Time Supporter
26-09-2010, 10:35 AM
If they've been running in arrears for around 19 months what were they doing splashing out on the likes of Griffiths :confused:

No wonder HMRC are clamping down on them, thats taking the piss, if someone owed me money and they were splashing it around buying loads of stuff too right i'd be demanding it back sharpish with no flexibility.

Gambling that they would get promoted last year. Speculate to accumulate, if you will.

:wink:

Caversham Green
26-09-2010, 10:43 AM

:agree: They've been running in arrears for 19 months - how can they complain that HMRC are being inflexible?

marinello59
26-09-2010, 10:45 AM
No sympathy for Dundee at all. They spent big whilst ignoring the tax bill. Melville can bleat all he likes, his ego trip looks to be turning in to a nightmare now.

Phil D. Rolls
26-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Hell mend them.

Kaiser1962
27-09-2010, 06:54 AM
No sympathy whatsoever. My old gripe is I feel clubs like ours is disadvantaged by charlatans who fail to operate within their particular financial constraints who just spend money they dont have with little consequence if it all goes wrong. These guys who "bankroll" these projects should be made to bring the bank account back to zero at the end of each season instead of letting it accumulate to the point where lots of people lose out while they walk away with virtual impunity having destroyed whatever particular club they are involved in.

Sylar
27-09-2010, 08:25 AM
If they DON'T demote them to division 3, I can see Livingston taking legal action against the SFL.

Hell mend them indeed - I know one of the backroom folks at Dens and he said the announcement last week of Melville leaving was the start of the inevitible.

I've absolutely zero sympathy for them or their fans, who absolutely revelled in the administration of Livingston - short memories it seems, and here comes a timely reminder :agree:

delbert
27-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Yes it certainly makes you realise just how lucky Hearts are that they owe all that money to nobody but themselves !!:greengrin

Woody1985
27-09-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't know all the ins and outs here but I think I'm correct in saying that he's only been there for 12 months and therefore they were already in arrears prior to him joining the club. I wonder how much the bill increased by during his time.

He's played the odds and lost. He's pumped in 1.3-1.5 million going by press reports and was hoping they'd get promotion to make a return. He knew he could probably stall the tax man until now but by this time his plan would have come to fruition and he'd have the cash to pay it in full. I think anyone would assume that spending that kind of money would win the first division.

Sounds like he's gambled with his clubs future and a large amount of his own cash and is about to pay the penalty!

Hibernia Na Eir
27-09-2010, 12:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9034209.stm

I thought they were in the money aswell after all the players they have bought recently.

Hopefully if they go in administration we could sneak a wee bid for Griffiths :wink:

does anyone care ?

i dont.

Dashing Bob S
27-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Hiya administrator! Hiya pal!

Dunbar Hibee
27-09-2010, 01:42 PM
does anyone care ?

i dont.

If it means we can get Griffiths on the cheap then yes.

H18sry
30-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Jim Spence reporting that Dundee players and staff haven't been paid today. More details on Sportsound tonight. :bye: