PDA

View Full Version : how many goals for Deeks ?

monktonharp
25-09-2010, 10:57 PM
is Derek on the verge of Hibs greatness? how many has he scored? or will he be denied an improved offer,thereby sickening him enough to look elsewhere when his contract nears it's end. I think his goal tally must be near 100,but not sure but he has scored some of the best ever seen by Hibernian fans and should be given every encouragement by the fans and support by the board to stay for the remainder of his playing days!

Onceinawhile
25-09-2010, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHMPpUe2TZU

that goal ensured greatness

iwasthere1972
25-09-2010, 11:42 PM
is Derek on the verge of Hibs greatness? how many has he scored? or will he be denied an improved offer,thereby sickening him enough to look elsewhere when his contract nears it's end. I think his goal tally must be near 100,but not sure but he has scored some of the best ever seen by Hibernian fans and should be given every encouragement by the fans and support by the board to stay for the remainder of his playing days!

Including that beauty today I believe he is on 96. 100 before Christmas.

Deeks for Scotland. :agree:

Riordans Boots
25-09-2010, 11:46 PM

:yawn: Aww Wullie - where have you been .......

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?176933-100th-Career-Goal.&highlight=100+career+goals :thumbsup:

Riordans Boots
25-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Including that beauty today I believe he is on 96. 100 before Christmas.

Deeks for Scotland. :agree:
97 :wink:

iwasthere1972
25-09-2010, 11:50 PM
97 :wink:

So which goal have I missed off? :greengrin

Riordans Boots
25-09-2010, 11:57 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Riordan#Statistics

I usually update my profile - the bit above my avatar as Deek scores. But I could be 1 out :greengrin

BEEJ
26-09-2010, 12:04 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Riordan#Statistics

I usually update my profile - the bit above my avatar as Deek scores. But I could be 1 out :greengrin
From a preliminary scan of Deek's wiki page, it looks like the difference could be that 'goal' referred to in the first footnote as not having been recorded by Soccerbase. Goal against Brechin City last August?

Was that the one that was officially an OG?

Riordans Boots
26-09-2010, 12:19 AM
It's definitely 96 goals :agree:

:aok:

EasterRoad4Ever
26-09-2010, 04:25 AM
The club must to recognise his achievements and contribution. 100 goals for a non-OF club is rare these days and I would argue there would be no finer compilation in the SPL.

He is a gem. Just a real pity he's playing in such a poor side at the mo.

rubber mal
26-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Get him signed!

Littlest Hobo
26-09-2010, 10:10 AM
He's a quality player of that there is no doubt.

He comes with baguage though / off field antics / rumours :boo hoo:
Probably the reason why many clubs haven't bothered.

No doubt in my mind though that's he's improved his game all round and that he's the reason i go along these days!

As for the OP question about greatness?

Think he needs to help us win silverware for that to happen!:flag:

Riordans Boots
26-09-2010, 10:20 AM
He's a quality player of that there is no doubt.

He comes with baguage though / off field antics / rumours :boo hoo:
Probably the reason why many clubs haven't bothered.

No doubt in my mind though that's he's improved his game all round and that he's the reason i go along these days!

As for the OP question about greatness?

Think he needs to help us win silverware for that to happen!:flag:

Allan McGregor and Anthony Stokes come with baggage/off the field antics/rumours :rolleyes:

Littlest Hobo
26-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Allan McGregor and Anthony Stokes come with baggage/off the field antics/rumours :rolleyes:

:agree:

So what's your point then:confused: Are you saying he's not good enough to go into the premiership or the championship?

I honestly think the reason I have given is why he hasn't went futher in his career.

He still has time though.

Riordans Boots
26-09-2010, 12:59 PM
:agree:

So what's your point then:confused: Are you saying he's not good enough to go into the premiership or the championship?

I honestly think the reason I have given is why he hasn't went futher in his career.

He still has time though.

My point was pointing out your point :wink:

And yes I do think DR is good enough to go into the premiership or the championship - I think he would be more than happy to finish his career at Easter Road especially now he has his own family.

Ed De Gramo
26-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Could he get the 100th goal against the yams :hyper::hyper::hyper: