PDA

View Full Version : NHC MakaWatch

(((Fergus)))
25-09-2010, 06:02 PM
On the bench today away to Forest. De Vries gave away a penalty and conceded three.

Won't be long now... :greengrin

Pretty Boy
25-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Here comes another 5 pager with all the same arguments getting trotted out for the millionth time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-09-2010, 06:15 PM
BORING! What is Robin Rae up to today?

Newhaven
25-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Heard Maka played a blinder signing autographs and getting his picture taken with the away fans.

Dont worry though - he still has the 'potential' :hilarious

(((Fergus)))
28-09-2010, 07:59 PM
Looking for a couple of displays of sub- Maka standard efforts from De Vries tonight.Seems he's been given the nod ..Just!:greengrin

Wouldn't be surprised if there's another howler tonight. The pressure from Maka is getting to him. :agree: :greengrin

Newhaven
28-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Looking for a couple of displays of sub- Maka standard efforts from De Vries tonight.Seems he's been given the nod ..Just!:greengrin

Wouldn't be surprised if there's another howler tonight. The pressure from Maka is getting to him. :agree: :greengrin

:yawn: You two must go down a storm at parties..

Arch Stanton
28-09-2010, 08:35 PM
:yawn: You two must go down a storm at parties..

Don't sweat it - parties aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Newhaven
28-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Don't sweat it - parties aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Depends who's hosting them :cool2:

Hopefully not these 2 clowns

(((Fergus)))
28-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Five lost in two games.. On of the two tonight after about six crosses swung in causing chaos.. Won't be long now ...

Plus another yellow card tonight. That's two in two games! For a keeper!

Once he's suspended and Maka gets the gloves, it'll be game over. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-09-2010, 09:36 PM
I think you are probably having one now, cover your keyboard!

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-09-2010, 03:33 PM
No doubt De Vries has taken his eye off the ball when he seen the new back-up and knows that even if he gets a hook from the first team, it won't be too long until he gets the jersey back.

Winston Ingram
29-09-2010, 08:59 PM
On the bench today away to Forest. De Vries gave away a penalty and conceded three.

Won't be long now... :greengrin

I reckon Maka could top that. Get Maka in!!!

Littlest Hobo
30-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Things are so bad doon ER way that we are now being subjected to following the career of a goalkeeper who let's face it was absolutely crap. :bitchy::boo hoo::rolleyes:

Word to the wise, Maka was found oot! :rolleyes:

I've suffered enough at the "HANDS":greengrin of that clown. He wasn't good enough and it was plain for everyone to see.

That didn't stop some defending his corner over and over.
If you guys had your way he'd still be in our line up and we'd be even worse than we are now.

I don't really care what he does now, it's Hibernian F.C I support!:bitchy: Rant over.:wink::greengrin

TornadoHibby
01-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Things are so bad doon ER way that we are now being subjected to following the career of a goalkeeper who let's face it was absolutely crap. :bitchy::boo hoo::rolleyes:

Word to the wise, Maka was found oot! :rolleyes:

I've suffered enough at the "HANDS":greengrin of that clown. He wasn't good enough and it was plain for everyone to see.

That didn't stop some defending his corner over and over.
If you guys had your way he'd still be in our line up and we'd be even worse than we are now.

I don't really care what he does now, it's Hibernian F.C I support!:bitchy: Rant over.:greengrin

Chill out big guy! :greengrin

Surely not doing much harm following a former player to see how he does at his new club is it? If you're not interested don't read the posts! :wink: :cool2:

Littlest Hobo
01-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Chill out big guy! :greengrin

Surely not doing much harm following a former player to see how he does at his new club is it? If you're not interested don't read the posts! :wink: :cool2:

Soz mate but I just have to have my say. I'll try no read anymore Maka posts for a few weeks at least.:wink::thumbsup:

Littlest Hobo
01-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Best stay away from any progress reports then cos I reckon you'll end up being stunned at the bad judgement of our manager when Maka blossoms,for two reasons.You'll see how he would have gained us loads of points over the next couple of years and you'll be gutted at how much cash we'll have lost by not being able to sell him on.:agree::wink:

:faf: The really worrying thing is that I think you might actually believe that.:wink::greengrin

hibee4life1983
01-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Makas pap

RickyS
02-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Best stay away from any progress reports then cos I reckon you'll end up being stunned at the bad judgement of our manager when Maka blossoms,for two reasons.You'll see how he would have gained us loads of points over the next couple of years and you'll be gutted at how much cash we'll have lost by not being able to sell him on.:agree::wink:

exactly how much do you think his potential next big move will be? you are entitled to your opinion as much as the rest of us but i don't see him being anything other than a free transfer lower division keeper.

Newhaven
02-10-2010, 02:43 AM

I know it's a slightly personal question but can I ask how your counselling is going?

greenlex
02-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Is it any coincidence that the big guys last game was the Rangers game at ER we lost 4-1? Yogi dropped him and our team/ form has been ****** since.

matty_f
02-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Is it any coincidence that the big guys last game was the Rangers game at ER we lost 4-1? Yogi dropped him and our team/ form has been ****** since.

Despite not wanting to keep this thread going, I feel that I have to say that yes, it is a coincidence.:agree:

If the only factor in our form pre Rangers defeat that was different to the post Rangers defeat was Maka, then I'd say that there was something in it, but there are much many more significant things that have contributed.

Hibercelona
02-10-2010, 06:37 AM

Is it any coincidence that any goalie that ever comes to ER is automatically deemed as being sh0ite?

Danderhall Hibs
02-10-2010, 09:46 AM

We beat Cetic at Parkhead and pumped Hamilton 5-0 in the first few games after he was dropped.

I think you, like many others, must have blacked out during January 2010.

Does anyone have a progress report on Tony Caig, Nick Colgan or Zibi?

(((Fergus)))
02-10-2010, 10:26 AM
We beat Cetic at Parkhead and pumped Hamilton 5-0 in the first few games after he was dropped.

I think you, like many others, must have blacked out during January 2010.

Does anyone have a progress report on Tony Caig, Nick Colgan or Zibi?

Maka was either injured or on the bench during January. (I assume he was injured after the Rangers game as Flynn was in for two as sub).

He was finally dropped from the squad from 6 February 2010.

Some residual magic ensured we beat the mighty Montrose 5-1 but after that the mojo was gone:

Motherwell 1-0 Hibernian
Hibernian 1-1 St Johnstone
Hibernian 1-0 Kilmarnock
Hibernian 2-2 Ross County
Hearts 2-1 Hibernian
Ross County 2-1 Hibernian
Falkirk 1-3 Hibernian
Hibernian 2-4 Dundee United
Hibernian 0-1 Celtic
Hamilton 4-1 Hibernian
Celtic 3-2 Hibernian
Hibernian 0-1 Rangers
Hibernian 1-2 Hearts
Motherwell 6-6 Hibernian
Dundee United 0-2 Hibernian

PeterboroHibee
02-10-2010, 11:00 AM

Not sure its totally coincidence but reckon the entire keeper situation had a huge effect on the team, Yogi was chopping and changing every week, how were the defence meant to get used to a keeper when there was no guarantee he would be there the next week.

I do like Maka, I know a lot of Hibs fans seem to hate him but think he would have been good back up to Brown.

Danderhall Hibs
02-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Maka was either injured or on the bench during January. (I assume he was injured after the Rangers game as Flynn was in for two as sub).

I think you'd be wrong to assume he was injured. He was found out.

(((Fergus)))
02-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I think you'd be wrong to assume he was injured. He was found out.

Well he must have been unfound out after two games because he was made sub goalie again for another four.

Danderhall Hibs
02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Well he must have been unfound out after two games because he was made sub goalie again for another four.

We had no choice IIRC.

(((Fergus)))
02-10-2010, 11:27 AM
We had no choice IIRC.

What, was Flynn injured or something? I think Stack still was at that time.

Danderhall Hibs
02-10-2010, 11:46 AM
What, was Flynn injured or something? I think Stack still was at that time.

On loan?

(((Fergus)))
02-10-2010, 12:56 PM
On loan?

Possible but that would be a strange thing to do if Flynn was the second best keeper in the squad?

Danderhall Hibs
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Possible but that would be a strange thing to do if Flynn was the second best keeper in the squad?

He knew he was getting in Brown though and the chances of having to endure Maka again were limited.

Danderhall Hibs
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Anyway to get back to the subject - clean sheet for De Vries and Swansea today. Maka on the bench, was really good with the kids after the warm-up finished by all accounts.

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Had an "excellent" game last night against Wigan.
A number of excellent saves as you would expect.
Hope Matty and the boys have putting their pennies away :greengrin

How many games has he played now? Is he a regular? January was the deadline if i remember correctly, i'm getting thirsty, wont be long till i'm quenched.

matty_f
27-10-2010, 03:42 PM

Clean sheet? Maka, that is, not you! : greengrin

you'll be expecting him to start at the weekend then?

Ritchie
27-10-2010, 03:49 PM

from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/9059511.stm

"A mix-up between goalkeeper Yves Makalambay and his defence on the edge of the box almost let Wigan in but they managed to scramble the ball to safety."

:whistle:

:panic:

blackpoolhibs
27-10-2010, 04:26 PM
It wouldn't surprise me as It seems the manager definitely fancies him although you'd have assume it was a case of giving him an outing in the league cup as many do as it's not prioritised. Having said that,it's getting nearer.:greengrin

:faf::faf: Aye January's getting nearer.

Ritchie
27-10-2010, 06:45 PM
Oh dear...That'll be a blunder and all his fault..:rolleyes:Try reading the official Swansea City version of events..:wink:

i'm a maka fan.... just didnt like the sound of that quote on the BBC website.

anyway, cant read welsh so had to stick to BBC's version. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Some of the pro Maka posts on here are nearly as offensive as some of the posts in the Nish injury thread, surely yous are at the wind up!

HUTCHYHIBBY
27-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Aye, thats agreeing right enough!

CmoantheHibs
29-10-2010, 02:22 AM
Aye, thats agreeing right enough!

:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-11-2010, 11:21 AM
7hrs 35mins since Swansea conceded a league goal!

allezsauzee
01-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Regardless of how brilliant a job Maka is making of warming the bench for Swansea, he was a joke for us.

vla_di_vla
01-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Regardless of how brilliant a job Maka is making of warming the bench for Swansea, he was a joke for us.

No he wasn't. The only "joke" was the amount of abuse he got and still gets. Has any of Hughes' signings been any better? One who has lost more goals than any other in recent memory, one who's idea of recuperating from injury seems to be getting bladdered but thats ok cause he's a character and one who's been acurately described as steady.

Dashing Bob S
01-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Agree that Makas march to the echelons of the goalkeeping world is inexorable and the doubters will end up with omelettes on their faces. A major talent stuck at a club of traumatized fans rendered mentally unstable on the goalkeeping issue through the antics of Zibi and Clown.

sesoim
01-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I don't know why Maka is getting all the attention here. He is just one in a long line of goalkeeping greats Hibs have churned out in the last few years.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Back to league business and the clown isnt quoted, strange that!

Hibernian Verse
15-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Back to league business and the clown isnt quoted, strange that!

The Clown? Why do you take so much pleasure in hating this guy, you even dug up a thread from November just to have a go on a virtual, online messageboard. Who's the clown?

Stop being a dick.

Broken Gnome
15-01-2011, 02:55 PM
:greengrin.. Obviously not been keeping up to speed with the Maka - Swansea story as the phenomena known as Ives down there waits to pounce.. :wink:

That's some light relief on a pish day. Thank you sir :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Boy am I thirsty!!:greengrin

The bets lost, its time to pay up loser.:greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2011, 06:50 PM
BH - Have you planned your drying out month yet?

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2011, 06:52 PM
The Clown? Why do you take so much pleasure in hating this guy, you even dug up a thread from November just to have a go on a virtual, online messageboard. Who's the clown?

Stop being a dick.

Chortle, chortle! Chill Winston, its not a thread to take too seriously!

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2011, 06:52 PM
BH - Have you planned your drying out month yet?

It will have to be next month, just back in from that shambles. Had a shower and on the way out for the night. Its my birthday this week, my sons next. So the word dry wont be used in the BH house for a while yet. :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2011, 06:55 PM
It will have to be next month, just back in from that shambles. Had a shower and on the way out for the night. Its my birthday this week, my sons next. So the word dry wont be used in the BH house for a while yet. :greengrin

Milky might get you a pint of the white stuff!

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Milky might get you a pint of the white stuff!

I can add my own brandy, it would be rude not to. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
15-01-2011, 07:00 PM
I believe I have about three weeks left?:greengrin

2 weeks, 2 days.:greengrin

He can't be classed as a regular in that time period - the game's up mate. See you in the boozer!

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2011, 07:01 PM
I believe I have about three weeks left?:greengrin

At clutching straw.:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2011, 07:21 PM
The Clown? Why do you take so much pleasure in hating this guy
I dont hate him, i just thought he couldnae lace Dorus de Vries's boots! As I'm sure BH will concur, its great being right!

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I dont hate him, i just thought he couldnae lace Dorus de Vries's boots! As I'm sure BH will concur, its great being right!

Is there another way? :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Mate, as long as theres a pub involved i'm likely to turn up!

Feed McGraw
16-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Stop being a dick.

The Clown ? I thought " The Laxative" was a much better name. :agree: