PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

Mikey
25-09-2010, 04:15 PM
How did he look today? We all know that centre half is his best position and he doesn't get the chance to play there very often!

Wotherspiniesta
25-09-2010, 04:20 PM
Not bad.

I'd stick with him and Dickoh next week to be honest. Bamba is always whole hearted when he plays and he generally puts in a good shift. But we might aswell face it, he's not going to be here next season.

Build for the future and let Hanlon and Stephens battle it out for CB.

Kevvy1875
25-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Not bad.

I'd stick with him and Dickoh next week to be honest. Bamba is always whole hearted when he plays and he generally puts in a good shift. But we might aswell face it, he's not going to be here next season.

:top marks

Im all for that. At some point we have to look a couple of seasons down the line and we have to invest game time into these guys NOW to get that benefit.

Bamba should be pushed into midfield for the rest of the season.

Judas Iscariot
25-09-2010, 05:18 PM
From what I seen he was excellent..

Great prospect, feel bad for him that Hughes brought in Grounds who IMO is no better than Paul..

Cocaine&Caviar
25-09-2010, 06:16 PM
From what I seen he was excellent..

Great prospect, feel bad for him that Hughes brought in Grounds who IMO is no better than Paul..

He's a much better left back IMO, but Paul looks assured at centre back.

Pretty Boy
25-09-2010, 06:35 PM
He played well today. Looked composed and solid and was pretty assured in everything he needed to do.

Room for improvement of course but he's still a young guy with plenty time to iron out the flaws in his game.

Bobo
25-09-2010, 07:02 PM
He played well today but needs to work on his distribution.

I like the way he is vocal with his team mates and noticed on a couple of occasions him pointing out the positioning of Grounds and Dickoh so he's not affraid to noise his team mates up.

Hanlon had a lot to do in a back line that is one of the slowest I've ever seen so acquitted himself really well today.

Grounds was so slow at one point that he looked like he was running backwards!

DH1875
25-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Not bad.

Will Dickoh be here next season? I doubt it. Reckon our future looks quite good in regards to the defence. Hart/McCann at RB, Hanlon and Stephens at CB and Booth at LB.

IWasThere2016
25-09-2010, 10:21 PM
IMHO, Hanlon is the best CH we have.

Consequently, I'd have Bamba at CM personally

offshorehibby
26-09-2010, 08:37 AM
IMHO, Hanlon is the best CH we have.

Consequently, I'd have Bamba at CM personally

I'd like to persevere with that. Hanlon at CH, Bamba in the midfield and if he starts to moan then bench him.

Littlest Hobo
26-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Yep agree, Hanlon at CH. Bamba playing just in front of the back four would make us solid.

Bamba is defo off to Blackpool Jan.:boo hoo: