PDA

View Full Version : Well done lads

Callum_62
25-09-2010, 03:54 PM
a loss, yes....play the way we did in the 2nd half though and id have no complaints...infact, id pay to watch some of the stuff we played

midfield finally stood up for itself....and showed some much needed urgency.

Rankin worked his baws off

:thumbsup:

Houchy
25-09-2010, 03:57 PM
We'll play worse than that this year and win:agree: Hopefully sooner rather than later though.

hibeeswph
25-09-2010, 03:58 PM
i also think we done well today play like that everyweek and we will do alright just have to hope they can raise there game every week:top marks

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Yes a big improvement on the last couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

bingo70
25-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Without wanting to piss on anyones parade as i'm not normally a miserable ******* but we only started playing well when they went two goals up and took the foot off the pedal.

That second half performance means absolutely nothing IMO.

khib70
25-09-2010, 04:00 PM
a loss, yes....play the way we did in the 2nd half though and id have no complaints...infact, id pay to watch some of the stuff we played

We were poor in the first half and gave away a stupid goal. Second half, especially after we scored, we were much better, and as you say, had a midfield presence of some quality for the first time this season.

Outstanding from Riordan, fabulous goal and always a threat, though criminally unsupported for much of the game. Better performances from everyone else than we've seen lately,though Miller is still underachieving. Can't fault Rankin's workrate, but an awful lot of it was to no effect.

An honourable defeat, then, and I expect a whole rash of "Yogi's turned the corner" posts.

No he hasn't. If the limit of our ambition is avoiding humiliation, well, he at least achieved that.

Riordans Boots
25-09-2010, 04:03 PM
Hibs were definately up for this game. Hopefully this is going to be a turning point :pray:

bob12345
25-09-2010, 04:06 PM
Probably the worst thing that could have happened today IMO! No points, decent play, Yogi still here!

It was an effective performance with our backs against the wall against someone expected to beat us, due to good organisation in part and poor finishing by Celtic. When Riordan's playing we can always score, we know that by now regardless of what the tactics are, so not a lot new learnt there.

Clearly it's no disgrace, but IMO these games have never been the problem - depending on breaks we will either get stuffed or give them a good game/take something from it. Not winning consistently against teams with far more limited resources than us is a problem, and a narrow defeat hardly inspires after such a poor run.

Yogi will have to do a lot more than that to win me back. And let's remember how poor Celtic were in Europe, before we start thinking they are invincible.

erskine-hibby
25-09-2010, 04:08 PM
What next???

We lost...AGAIN!

Until we start to WIN, which I can't see in the near future, I cannot congratulate them.

The_Todd
25-09-2010, 04:10 PM
It's a sad state of affairs when we're congratulating the team for their efforts after a match we lost, keeping us 1 point off the bottom.

Callum_62
25-09-2010, 04:11 PM
since when did your team have to win to say well done?

we were playing against a team build with multi million of pounds...we held our own.

thats a well done from me.

we had fight, drive, and more than a few good moves....couldnt have asked for much more i reckon.

Hibercelona
25-09-2010, 04:13 PM
We really weren't that good.

If it wasn't for a Deek wonder goal (our only shot on target). Everybody would be throwing fits on here yet again.

hfc-1875
25-09-2010, 04:14 PM
nobody goes to parkhead and expects to win. so to come away with just a 2-1 defeat and good performance is good, if you look at our recent performances and results.

erskine-hibby
25-09-2010, 04:15 PM

we were playing against a team build with multi million of pounds...we held our own.

we had fight, drive, and more than a few good moves....couldnt have asked for much more i reckon.

Would be fine if we were doing well against, so called, lesser teams, but were not.
So if we get beaten 1-0 next week, or maybe even get a draw that will be "well done" too????

Callum_62
25-09-2010, 04:15 PM
not me wee_hibee...even if it was 2-0.

we actually looked like a TEAM 2nd half today.

mind you, I am a fitbaw person. :wink::greengrin:rolleyes:

that wld depend erskine on how we performed...unlikely to be a well done, but if the effort, commitment and drive is there...but we're unlucky on the day....yes, id say, good effort but unlucky.

Wotherspiniesta
25-09-2010, 04:16 PM
First half we were awful. Created absolutely nothing and looked a bit shaky in defence.

2nd half was good, knocked the ball about a little more confidently and a little bit quicker.

Deeks was brilliant. Playing the lone striker role, still dropping deep to help out and, as ever, took his goal terrificly.

Expecting Rain
25-09-2010, 04:19 PM
We were poor in the first half and gave away a stupid goal. Second half, especially after we scored, we were much better, and as you say, had a midfield presence of some quality for the first time this season.

Outstanding from Riordan, fabulous goal and always a threat, though criminally unsupported for much of the game. Better performances from everyone else than we've seen lately,though Miller is still underachieving. Can't fault Rankin's workrate, but an awful lot of it was to no effect.

An honourable defeat, then, and I expect a whole rash of "Yogi's turned the corner" posts.

No he hasn't. If the limit of our ambition is avoiding humiliation, well, he at least achieved that.

Well done lads we`ve lost again and found a new star in Rankin, all we need now is the return of Hogg as captain and Nish rushed back into the team after his black eye, happy days.

Kevvy1875
25-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Not sure this deserve's a thread tbh? Saying that we could be doing with some positive vibes on .net

Fought well after going 2-0 down and forced the Tic to hang on at the end but its still 0 pts.

marinello59
25-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Credit where credit is due. That was an improvement today. It would be churlish to suggest otherwise.

marinello59
25-09-2010, 04:23 PM

Aye, but some Hibs fans seem to forget that.

Callum_62
churlish...or just 'being a hibs supporter?' :wink:

far too much negativity around this place

Judas Iscariot

If it wasn't for a Deek wonder goal (our only shot on target). Everybody would be throwing fits on here yet again.

You talk pìsh..

hibiedude
25-09-2010, 04:24 PM
What next???

We lost...AGAIN!

Until we start to WIN, which I can't see in the near future, I cannot congratulate them.

All this ***** about we played well and let's hope we have turned the corner rubbish

Celtic went 2 up and went down the gears simple as that and if they needed a 3rd they would have simply put there foot back on the gas

I have never seen so many hibs fans celabrate a hibs defeat :confused:

Callum_62
25-09-2010, 04:26 PM
whos celebrating?

just giving the team some credit...whcih based on the 2nd half is more than merited.

its no like we just lost 2-0 at home to the Well....

Riordans Boots
25-09-2010, 04:26 PM

Aww behave :bitchy:

marinello59
25-09-2010, 04:28 PM
All this ***** about we played well and let's hope we have turned the corner rubbish

Celtic went 2 up and went down the gears simple as that and if they needed a 3rd they would have simply put there foot back on the gas

Who is celebrating a defeat? Still hurts. Nothing wrong with pointing out that the performance was better than we have seen recently. It's a positive to take out of a lot of negatives lately. Some fans won't welcome that of course.

PeeJay
25-09-2010, 04:28 PM
No doubt St Johnstone will show us how much we have turned the corner ... they will apply themselves differently next week: Celtic thought they could walk this ... their own inability to do so says a lot about their own problems.

Nothing really in our performance today IMO to be "pleased" about - holding Celtic to 2-1 - that's not progress. :bitchy:

erskine-hibby
25-09-2010, 04:29 PM

I think it's called clutching at straws.

We are as low as I can remember, so i suppose it is easy to take positives out of that game.
The bottom line, though, is it was still a defeat, no matter what and we will have to improve 100 fold.

fatbloke
25-09-2010, 04:30 PM
A good Hibs team with a bit of pace and imagination would have ripped Celtic a new one. Celtic are pi5h. If that's the second best team in Scotland we really are in trouble. Memo to Mr Hughes and Mr Rice please have the squad practice ball retention. Please get some pace into this team and please ensure Mr Riordan never leaves.

Will not criticise but still disappointed as IMHO Celtic were there for the taking.

GGTTH

lucky
25-09-2010, 04:31 PM
FFS the team played well in the second. Rankin's in energy was excellent even De Gash put a shift in. Best performance since getting beat of the Huns

marinello59
25-09-2010, 04:33 PM
A good Hibs team with a bit of pace and imagination would have ripped Celtic a new one. Celtic are pi5h. If that's the second best team in Scotland we really are in trouble. Memo to Mr Hughes and Mr Rice please have the squad practice ball retention. Please get some pace into this team and please ensure Mr Riordan never leaves.

Will not criticise but still disappointed as IMHO Celtic were there for the taking.

GGTTH

How many times have we heard that about the Old Firm over the past few years? Still precious few teams win in Glasgow though. The reality is that they are still both streets ahead of the rest of the league.

erskine-hibby
25-09-2010, 04:34 PM
How many times have we heard that about the Old Firm over the past few years? Still precious few teams win in Glasgow though. The reality is that they are still both streets ahead of the rest of the league.

Which means this defeat means nothing.

TrinityHibs
25-09-2010, 04:34 PM
7 points worse off than last season. 10th in the league. Played okay for part of a game after going 2 down. Not a well done from me

marinello59
25-09-2010, 04:35 PM

Post 23

And post 31. Are you just copy and pasting your own posts?:greengrin

Alfred E Newman
25-09-2010, 04:37 PM
FFS the team played well in the second. Rankin's in energy was excellent even De Gash put a shift in. Best performance since getting beat of the Huns

So these are our best two defeats of the season.
It just shows how far we have slumped when some on here are getting ecstatic about another defeat and more worringly about the quality of the defeat..

erskine-hibby
25-09-2010, 04:37 PM

So when will be our next best defeat???

I can't believe anyone thinks that way:confused:

marinello59
25-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Which means this defeat means nothing.

You are not happy there was an improvement today then? At all? Is it that hard to give the team some credit? Or does that not fit in with the Private Fraser style 'We're doomed' tone of the messageboard at the moment
Go on, let us have just one semi-positive thread on here. :greengrin

marinello59
25-09-2010, 04:39 PM
So these are our best two defeats of the season.
It just shows how far we have slumped when some on here are getting ecstatic about another defeat and more worringly about the quality of the defeat..

Who is getting ecstatic? Nobody is pleased we lost are they?

erskine-hibby
25-09-2010, 04:40 PM
You are not happy there was an improvement today then? At all? Is it that hard to give the team some credit? Or does that not fit in with the Private Fraser style 'We're doomed' tone of the messageboard at the moment
Go on, let us have just one semi-positive thread on here. :greengrin

I'm waiting on the board to make that decision....then there will be plenty of positive threads i'm sure:greengrin

MSK
25-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Go on, let us have just one semi-positive thread on here. :greengrinA positive thread on .net ..have you been drinking ...?...:greengrin

marinello59
25-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm waiting on the board to make that decision....then there will be plenty of positive threads i'm sure:greengrin
:greengrin Fair enough.

andyhibs
25-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Hibs were definately up for this game. Hopefully this is going to be a turning point :pray:
we have to be up for every game not just against the weedgie pair

Carheenlea
25-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Who is celebrating a defeat? Still hurts. Nothing wrong with pointing out that the performance was better than we have seen recently. It's a positive to take out of a lot of negatives lately. Some fans won't welcome that of course.

Your right, nobody was celebrating at the end of the game. I came through here fearing the worst, but a spirited performance and some decent passages of play had me applauding the team off at the end of the match, the same could not be said for me at any of the other games this season apart from Motherwell on the opening day.
Pretty sure a good few on here were sitting by the keyboard anticipating and half hoping for a thumping to further the abuse towards our club.
A defeat, but we gave a decent account of ourselves and fills me with a bit of optimism we can end this run that I did not have prior to today's game.

Hiber-nation
25-09-2010, 04:48 PM
From a different perspective my sellick supporting mate said that up till celtc scored the 2nd it was the worst Hibs performance he'd seen at celtc park for years as celtc were honking and there for the taking.

As far as I'm concerned it means very little - McDiarmid Park will be the biggie.

Golden Bear
25-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Your right, nobody was celebrating at the end of the game. I came through here fearing the worst, but a spirited performance and some decent passages of play had me applauding the team off at the end of the match, the same could not be said for me at any of the other games this season apart from Motherwell on the opening day.
Pretty sure a good few on here were sitting by the keyboard anticipating and half hoping for a thumping to further the abuse towards our club.
A defeat, but we gave a decent account of ourselves and fills me with a bit of optimism we can end this run that I did not have prior to today's game.

Gaun yersel Davie boy.

Do you have a new laptop or something?

:greengrin

hibiedude
25-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Post 23

And post 31. Are you just copy and pasting your own posts?:greengrin

My Ipod is playing up :greengrin

sambajustice
25-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Hughes out!

(((Fergus)))
25-09-2010, 05:16 PM

Quite. Drew the second half too so still some signs of life. The next game will tell us more about where the team is really at.

Alfred E Newman
25-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Gaun yersel Davie boy.

Do you have a new laptop or something?

:greengrin

supreme optimist. :wink:

EasterRoad4Ever
25-09-2010, 05:43 PM
Yes a big improvement on the last couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

Sorry, but is anyone really surprised by this ?

Hibs players ALWAYS raise their game when playing the OF. It's their shop window for the next move and they know a new manager will be in charge shortly. Sorry, but this is no way makes up for the dismal performances against St Mirren (an awful side), Hamilton (will be relegated), ICT (rubbish) and a poor Killie team.

the acid test will be the next match against St J and the couple after that.

matty_f
25-09-2010, 05:56 PM
I can see where the positive comments are coming from as much as I can see where the criticism (i.e. we still lost, so nothing else matters) comments are coming from.

Does appear to me, though, that some folk on here absolutely f*****g hate Hibs.

DoonTheSlope
25-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Just back from game, in my hmble opinion we can take a lot of positives from the display. Celtic are a strong team and will take some beating especially at Parkhead. The team played decent football and gave their all.

If we can deliver performances such as this going forward we have nothing to fear.

Andy74
25-09-2010, 06:08 PM
What I'm not getting is the accusations that Hughes has lost the players or players aren't playing for him.

Name me one player that has been evident of in recent games??

Tactically we've got things right but things aren't going for us.

So, plenty reason for me to give everyone at hibs encouragement and support.

crash
25-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I can see where the positive comments are coming from as much as I can see where the criticism (i.e. we still lost, so nothing else matters) comments are coming from.

:confused: Please explain?

Baldy Foghorn
25-09-2010, 06:15 PM
I thought Celtic were poor Today, and with a bit more belief from us, we could have taken something from the game.

First half was a non event, second we had a decent spell but never threatened their goals enough. Would have brought on Trakys with about 15 to go as opposed to 4 minutes, as we could have applied a bit more pressure to their back line.... Disappointed in the lack of belief, as we have to believe we can go to Parkhead and Ibrox and take points.

An improvement none the less

Pretty Boy
25-09-2010, 06:18 PM

:agree:

We where ok today. Not fantastic by any means but there were signs of a bit of fight in the 2nd half especially. We passed the ball well at times, we passed the ball shockingly poorly at times. We didn't create a lot but then few teams ever do against the OF away.

If people want to say well done on a slight improvement then fair play to them, no one is celebrating a loss as far as i can see but it appears a few are lurking just waiting to put the boot into any glimmer off positivity at the moment.

Andy74
25-09-2010, 06:19 PM
We can't really be having a go for lack of belief can we? If they take any notice of their fans they likely to believe they are the worst hibs team of all time led by the worst manager of all time.

matty_f
25-09-2010, 06:21 PM

Surprised that it's difficult to understand, but happy to oblige.

I think that a good few posters enjoy ripping into the club far, far more than they do trying to defend or support it.

smithyhibee1875
25-09-2010, 06:32 PM
It's a sad state of affairs when we're congratulating the team for their efforts after a match we lost, keeping us 1 point off the bottom.

no its not its an improvement considering everyone thought we were going to get humped, the wins will come if we perform like the second half, thats why they are getting congratulated because they could have let there heads down and we could have seen 3 or 4 if that happened probably :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
I can see an open top bus parade next week if we avoid defeat at Perth and stay off the bottom of a piss poor SPL :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
We can't really be having a go for lack of belief can we? If they take any notice of their fans they likely to believe they are the worst hibs team of all time led by the worst manager of all time.

We lacked belief in ourselves, if we had more belief we could have got a point, what is wrong with saying that?? Think even Yogi mentioned belief in his post match interview

marinello59
25-09-2010, 06:46 PM
I can see an open top bus parade next week if we avoid defeat at Perth and stay off the bottom of a piss poor SPL :thumbsup:

Hope they do hospitality then so you don't miss it.

Keith_M
25-09-2010, 06:46 PM
4 wins in 27 games.

Or, if you prefer, 1 win in 9 competitive matches this season.

Can't wait for the next game.

Saorsa
25-09-2010, 06:50 PM
4 wins in 27 games.

Or, if you prefer, 1 win in 9 competitive matches this season.

Can't wait for the next game.Dinnae be so negative :agree: perhaps you're expecting too much? :dunno:

:cool2:

mutley
25-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes I too conceed that today was another loss and no points gained, but I'll take a positive out of it that it wasn't a 5 or 5 -0 gubbing.

I really think that next game could be 3 points coming our way

SloopJB
25-09-2010, 07:04 PM

Good stuff.
I know we were better off at this point last season but we are a different team in many ways.
There was widespread acceptance that we were lucky to win some of our games in the firat part of last season. this season we are having to start fighting rather than being lucky.
We will get there, as the newer players find their feet, the passing game progresses to a forward passing game and when the players are encouraged to perform. No criticisms in there, it is coming and when we get over our bad spell we will give some team a hiding.

Andy74
25-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Woo hoo!

bawheid
25-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Yes I too conceed that today was another loss and no points gained, but I'll take a positive out of it that it wasn't a 5 or 5 -0 gubbing.

I really think that next game could be 3 points coming our way

Good stuff.
I know we were better off at this point last season but we are a different team in many ways.
There was widespread acceptance that we were lucky to win some of our games in the firat part of last season. this season we are having to start fighting rather than being lucky.
We will get there, as the newer players find their feet, the passing game progresses to a forward passing game and when the players are encouraged to perform. No criticisms in there, it is coming and when we get over our bad spell we will give some team a hiding.

Woo hoo!

Three positive posts in a row. A 2010 record!

:faint:

erskine-hibby
25-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Three positive posts in a row. A 2010 record!

:faint:

3 non defeats in a row would be a record.

sesoim
25-09-2010, 07:42 PM
A 2-1 defeat is probably the worst result Hibs could have gotten today. A win, great, a draw, ok. A heavy defeat? Hughes is out the door and we can try and get someone better in.

But a respectable 2-1 defeat means that's 4 wins in 27 and we are slipping down the table (and could be bottom next week). And Hughes is still here for at least another blooming week.

HFC 0-7
25-09-2010, 08:58 PM
A 2-1 defeat is probably the worst result Hibs could have gotten today. A win, great, a draw, ok. A heavy defeat? Hughes is out the door and we can try and get someone better in.

But a respectable 2-1 defeat means that's 4 wins in 27 and we are slipping down the table (and could be bottom next week). And Hughes is still here for at least another blooming week.

This is why people on here are being so negative about hibs showing a bit of fight today. They probably fear that if hibs start showing any signs of improvement then Yogi will continue as manager. I must admit that if we struggle through a few games picking up the odd point it may mean yogi continues and i think that is bad for the club.

I know some guys that wanted to see hibs gubbed today so that hughes might have got the bullet as they hate seeing the club this way just now. One of my mates said to me before the game ' I hate Yogi, I feel like a bloody hearts fan just now cause the team is mince, the manager is talkin balls and the stuff happening behind the scenes makes the club look like a circus!'

matty_f
25-09-2010, 09:04 PM
This is why people on here are being so negative about hibs showing a bit of fight today. They probably fear that if hibs start showing any signs of improvement then Yogi will continue as manager. I must admit that if we struggle through a few games picking up the odd point it may mean yogi continues and i think that is bad for the club.

I know some guys that wanted to see hibs gubbed today so that hughes might have got the bullet as they hate seeing the club this way just now. One of my mates said to me before the game ' I hate Yogi, I feel like a bloody hearts fan just now cause the team is mince, the manager is talkin balls and the stuff happening behind the scenes makes the club look like a circus!'

I don't think that Yogi is talking balls, to be honest. Yes, I think some of the stuff that he's come out with recently has rightly drawn criticism (and some of it definitely has been balls), but he's hit a point where folk are waiting to jump on anything he says and refuse to concede that anything he says has some value in it.

Saorsa
25-09-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't think that Yogi is talking balls, to be honest. Yes, I think some of the stuff that he's come out with recently has rightly drawn criticism (and some of it definitely has been balls), but he's hit a point where folk are waiting to jump on anything he says and refuse to concede that anything he says has some value in it.I could think of something he could say that would still have great value :wink: tae me and many others

matty_f
25-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I could think of something he could say that would still have great value :wink: tae me and many others

I'll bet you could!:greengrin

Alex Trager
25-09-2010, 09:53 PM

Was said about this week:yawn:

IWasThere2016
25-09-2010, 10:03 PM
FAO #59 - I'll miss the open topper as I'll be on ma hols .. I'll be at Sheep and Arabs later in the month - nae hospy planned :wink: - nae expectations either of course :cool2:

Davy Mac
26-09-2010, 07:35 AM

Dinnae get this post fella, not one of my mates would ever talk such nonsense, suggest you find a new mate.:greengrin

HMFC GTF

1875_hibs
26-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Even if we finish 7th Yogi will still be here. I think the board really believe in him and want to give him time to create a real good team. But I cant believe he is playing Rankin, De Graff, Miller and MacBride in the same midfield..in my opinion they are all centre midfielders. I think we need to play either De Graff and Miller together or MacBride and Miller together with 2 natural wingers if we are going to play 4-4-2 or Galbraith - De Graff - MacBride - Miller - Wotherspoon and Deeks up front. 4-3-3 attacking 4-5-1 defending.

1875_hibs
26-09-2010, 08:05 AM
I thought Celtic were poor Today, and with a bit more belief from us, we could have taken something from the game.

First half was a non event, second we had a decent spell but never threatened their goals enough. Would have brought on Trakys with about 15 to go as opposed to 4 minutes, as we could have applied a bit more pressure to their back line.... Disappointed in the lack of belief, as we have to believe we can go to Parkhead and Ibrox and take points.

An improvement none the less

Agree with this. Still back Yogi 100% but dont understand why he takes so long to make changes the rest of us see right away,

Expecting Rain
26-09-2010, 10:09 AM

I don`t understand the remark that people must hate Hibs because they`ve been critical of the team and the manager, mostly the latter.

hibiedude
26-09-2010, 10:50 AM
I have been very critical of Yogi and with good cause but my passion for Hibs still remains as it's always been.

I want to see us win everything but I live in the real world and know that's never going to happen

but the football or the lack of it in yogi's case played by Hibs is simply not exceptable and this rubbish saying if you have a go at the manager you somehow hate the club is a joke.

It's the other way around in my opinion it's because we love the club so much and see it going down the toilet under yogi's leadership that gets the fans in a rage.

Hibees07
26-09-2010, 11:41 AM
Even if we finish 7th Yogi will still be here. I think the board really believe in him and want to give him time to create a real good team. But I cant believe he is playing Rankin, De Graff, Miller and MacBride in the same midfield..in my opinion they are all centre midfielders. I think we need to play either De Graff and Miller together or MacBride and Miller together with 2 natural wingers if we are going to play 4-4-2 or Galbraith - De Graff - MacBride - Miller - Wotherspoon and Deeks up front. 4-3-3 attacking 4-5-1 defending.

If the board really believe in what he is doing why are so many players out of contact at the end of the season and why are short term deals being dished out.

I could understand (young) players coming in on long contracts and being played on and off as a progression to next season, however that does not seem to be the case either.

If I was on the board and we were playing 4-5 young players then I may have some patience with the current situation but we are looking at a team in which half of them could be gone at the end of the season and we would need to start all over again.

That's not good planning in my book.

matty_f
26-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I don`t understand the remark that people must hate Hibs because they`ve been critical of the team and the manager, mostly the latter.

Where did I say it was because of them being critical?:confused:

I do think that there are some posters who would rather **** a cheese grater than concede that there is anything positive happening at the club, which is where I was coming from.

There is lots to be critical of at the moment, and it would be idiotic to think that folk should ignore it and just post positively but people can be critical and still allow themselves to acknowledge good points, if they didn't get such a buzz out of putting a downer on Hibs.

Ed De Gramo
26-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Wow....

Are you not allowed to be positive on this messageboard?

Yes we got beat but we played some good football and it was certainly an improvement on the last few games....so we should be pleased about that.

The moaners on here will probably top themselves when we win next week

Expecting Rain
26-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Where did I say it was because of them being critical?:confused:

I do think that there are some posters who would rather **** a cheese grater than concede that there is anything positive happening at the club, which is where I was coming from.

There is lots to be critical of at the moment, and it would be idiotic to think that folk should ignore it and just post positively but people can be critical and still allow themselves to acknowledge good points, if they didn't get such a buzz out of putting a downer on Hibs.

"Does appear to me though, that some people on here f****** hate Hibs"
These are you words, ok it doesn`t mention criticism but what do you mean by this? I`m not trying to give you a hard time because i think your posts are sensible, i think hate is over the top and i honestly don`t think that people want to come on and be negative though i realise it is easier to criticise but in the present situation there`s not a lot to be content about.

MSK
26-09-2010, 01:07 PM
These are you words, ok it doesn`t mention criticism but what do you mean by this? I`m not trying to give you a hard time because i think your posts are sensible, i think hate is over the top and i honestly don`t think that people want to come on and be negative though i realise it is easier to criticise but in the present situation there`s not a lot to be content about.Are you joking ..? ..:confused:

Go have a read at some threads from about 5 or 6 pages back then revisit the part i have highlighted..

Some folk on here just cant help themselves, in fact some were actually hoping we would be defeated by Celtic ..what sort of fan would wish that ..?

Unbelievable !!

Even when we win we have folk putting the boot in..minutes after an excellent win at Motherwell folk were getting ripped into Hogg ..what does that tell you about the place ?

This place is ****ing riddled with apathy nowadays, im as pissed of as the rest but some of the stuff spouted on here borders on the unbelievable & a few folk need tae have a good ****ing look at themselves ..

matty_f
26-09-2010, 01:08 PM
These are you words, ok it doesn`t mention criticism but what do you mean by this? I`m not trying to give you a hard time because i think your posts are sensible, i think hate is over the top and i honestly don`t think that people want to come on and be negative though i realise it is easier to criticise but in the present situation there`s not a lot to be content about.

I mean some people post purely to belittle Hibs, at every single opportunity, yet they're nowhere to be seen when things are good, and even when things are good they look for the angle to criticise. IMHO, they clearly dislike (or hate, to take it to an extreme) Hibs. There's nothing in their posts to suggest otherwise.

Ed De Gramo
26-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Are you joking ..? ..:confused:

Go have a read at some threads from about 5 or 6 pages back then revisit the part i have highlighted..

Some folk on here just cant help themselves, in fact some were actually hoping we would be defeated by Celtic ..what sort of fan would wish that ..?

Unbelievable !!

Even when we win we have folk putting the boot in..minutes after an excellent win at Motherwell folk were getting ripped into Hogg ..what does that tell you about the place ?

This place is ****ing riddled with apathy nowadays, im as pissed of as the rest but some of the stuff spouted on here borders on the unbelievable & a few folk need tae have a good ****ing look at themselves ..

:agree:

Those are generally the people who never attend the games and only ever appear at the sniff of a cup final

hibiedude
26-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Lets name and shame those people who stand accused and give them the right of reply.

MSK
26-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Lets name and shame those people who stand accused and give them the right of reply.Right of reply..?

They post here on a daily basis so im quite sure they will reply if and when they want..or they may wait until after next weeks game to get wired in to all things negative..

I cant wait ..

Hainan Hibs
26-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Yep well done Hibs, came away with a defeat and see ourselves 1 point off bottom. Fantastic stuff:thumbsup:

MSK
26-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Yep well done Hibs, came away with a defeat and see ourselves 1 point off bottom. Fantastic stuff:thumbsup::yawn:

BEEJ
26-09-2010, 02:07 PM

I mean some people post purely to belittle Hibs, at every single opportunity, yet they're nowhere to be seen when things are good, and even when things are good they look for the angle to criticise. IMHO, they clearly dislike (or hate, to take it to an extreme) Hibs. There's nothing in their posts to suggest otherwise.

Lets name and shame those people who stand accused and give them the right of reply.
:agree: Agree with that.

I also suggest that the Admins review their policy on the undue toleration of suspect Yam posters. If there are 'members' on here who have rarely ever (and then only grudgingly) posted positively about Hibs, then deal with them appropriately.

Anyone who on here is categorised as "hating Hibs" must surely come under that suspicion unless or until proven to be bona fide.

hibiedude
26-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Maybe the reason some fans are being negative is because there not a lot happening on the field that’s positive.

The thread titled well done lads had me gob smacked because I was under the impression we lost at Celtic park yesterday.

I watched the game and thought we were yet again rank rotten first 45 minutes- I will agree 2nd half we improved but I’m not sure if that was down to Celtic taken there foot of the gas or the fact that we were that bad first half there was only one direction we could have went 2nd period.

We play St Johnston next week who are a big physical side and like the rest of the SPL teams they know we are there for taking. I’m sorry if other Hibs fans see it differently but I’m calling it how I see it.

Wull
26-09-2010, 02:16 PM
OK I wasnt at the game and HI radio was awol, but I just watched the "highlights" they scored 2 hit the bar and missed a couple of pretty easy chances ( from the vidio it could have been 4:1 ). We had 1 shot on target! Fair enough we maybe played better than the last few weeks but that isnae hard:grr:

Mr Hughs, please do the honourable thing, for the sake of the club, please.

MSK
26-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Maybe the reason some fans are being negative is because there not a lot happening on the field that’s positive.

So what was the fans excuse for the negativity after we defeated Motherwell away then ..?..that was a positive surely ..

hibiedude
26-09-2010, 03:06 PM
So what was the fans excuse for the negativity after we defeated Motherwell away then ..?..that was a positive surely ..

That is why I said name and shame because they'll give there own answer rather than me trying to speak for them.

I go back to the 4-1 deafeat we suffered against Rangers when we scored in the first minute because not a lot has gone right since.

I look forward to us picking up 3 points but if truth be told i'm not sure when they are going to come.

khib70
26-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Right of reply..?

They post here on a daily basis so im quite sure they will reply if and when they want..or they may wait until after next weeks game to get wired in to all things negative..

I cant wait ..
And will we be having a purge of sanctimonious bores who react like yapping dogs to any criticism of the managers and players? And who have the barefaced cheek to accuse anyone not toeing the party line of "hating Hibs". If you're a non strawclutcher on here, you're being disloyal to the club. Bollox to the lot of you!

The people who are really damaging Hibs are those who cheer on blindly regardless of how inept the management and onfield performances are. It's that ineptitude that is damaging our club, not those who have the temerity to point it out.

And now some clowns are talking about "closet yams" and banning people who have the cheek not to share their head-in-sand views. Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

MSK
26-09-2010, 04:41 PM
And will we be having a purge of sanctimonious bores who react like yapping dogs to any criticism of the managers and players? And who have the barefaced cheek to accuse anyone not toeing the party line of "hating Hibs". If you're a non strawclutcher on here, you're being disloyal to the club. Bollox to the lot of you!

The people who are really damaging Hibs are those who cheer on blindly regardless of how inept the management and onfield performances are. It's that ineptitude that is damaging our club, not those who have the temerity to point it out.

And now some clowns are talking about "closet yams" and banning people who have the cheek not to share their head-in-sand views. Pathetic, utterly pathetic.The clowns are the ones who put the boot into hibs at every given opportunity ..win lose or draw ..

As for banning people ..do you honestly believe we ban folk because they have a different opinion from others ..?

euro Hibby
26-09-2010, 04:52 PM
I think paying customers are allowed their opinions and if they are negative towards Hibs then thats fine to as they are only opinions. I am careful about what I say regarding Hibs mainly because I don't get to see many games live and from the TV or internet you don't see who is moving off the ball and who is not.
Recently the content on Hibs net has been pretty crap. Perhaps the 4 wins out of 25 is the reason but even last year with 4 th position the negative comments were the main.
I think the older supporters might react better as they tend to have seen it all before , so its just a question of biting the bullet until better times.

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2010, 04:55 PM

Unbelievable !!

:top marks I have been saying this in my own way :wink: for a very long time. You know who you are. :bitchy:

khib70
26-09-2010, 05:09 PM
:agree: Agree with that.

I also suggest that the Admins review their policy on the undue toleration of suspect Yam posters. If there are 'members' on here who have rarely ever (and then only grudgingly) posted positively about Hibs, then deal with them appropriately.

Anyone who on here is categorised as "hating Hibs" must surely come under that suspicion unless or until proven to be bona fide.

The clowns are the ones who put the boot into hibs at every given opportunity ..win lose or draw ..

As for banning people ..do you honestly believe we ban folk because they have a different opinion from others ..?

Someone wants you to.

matty_f
26-09-2010, 05:25 PM

And now some clowns are talking about "closet yams" and banning people who have the cheek not to share their head-in-sand views. Pathetic, utterly pathetic.

Where did anyone say you're not to criticise the club? There's loads to be critical of at the moment, but what I was saying is that some people seem to absolutely revel in ONLY posting criticism, and taking every single opportunity to hammer the club for one thing or another.

There are loads of good posters on here who have been critical (rightly so) of many aspects of things at the moment, but they'll also be amongst the first to accept the good things as well.

BEEJ
26-09-2010, 06:25 PM

The clowns are the ones who put the boot into hibs at every given opportunity ..win lose or draw ..

Someone wants you to.
My comments were in response to the earlier post on this thread regarding those on here who apparently "hate Hibs" as they never appear to have anything positive to post about them.

If that's not you then it wouldn't apply to you, would it?

I've been known to be consistently jaundiced about Hibs myself on here and have never considered myself in the "happy clapper" camp. And for the record, I'm pig sick about what's happening at ER just now and don't believe Yogi is the man to take us forward.

BUT dialogue on this message board is regularly contaminated in one way or another by the unspoken suspicion from both sides that other posters are simply Yams stirring up trouble. It would be great if we could find a way to rid ourselves of that suspicion.

Expecting Rain
26-09-2010, 06:37 PM

Unbelievable !!

Happy hibbie your user name suggests that you are easy to please, when Hibs are not doing well i`m not expecting that anger or frustration to be expressed in the form of great poetry, in depth analysis or for the subject to appear on question time, our supporters all come from different backgrounds, they have different degrees of intellect and obviously have a different perspective on what is mediocre and what is acceptable, i`ve listened to a lot of Yogi`s post match comments, the answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind.:wink:

marinello59
26-09-2010, 06:47 PM
And will we be having a purge of sanctimonious bore[/B]s who react like yapping dogs to any criticism of the managers and players? And who have the barefaced cheek to accuse anyone not toeing the party line of "hating Hibs". If you're a non strawclutcher on here, you're being disloyal to the club. Bollox to the lot of you!

Who is cheering on blindly? Surely the point of this thread was that there was something positive to be taken out of yesterdays performance. Nobody is saying we have turned the corner but perhaps there is something there to be built on. That's not straw clutching. Surely that's something we all do in every day life when things have gone wrong? You don't only concentrate on what has gone wrong, you take a good look at what went right as well and why. Or doesn't that apply to football?

Party line? Have you read this messageboard lately? Try and find a positive thread. You could argue that the party line is constant criticism. Of course that would be wrong as is the assumption made by some that you are either an arch critic or blindly loyal. You post is pretty aggressively attacking a point of view that I don't actually think exists. Our views as a group don't appear to be as polarised as you seem to be implying. (All in my humble opinion of course.)

matty_f
26-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Who is cheering on blindly? Surely the point of this thread was that there was something positive to be taken out of yesterdays performance. Nobody is saying we have turned the corner but perhaps there is something there to be built on. That's not straw clutching. Surely that's something we all do in every day life when things have gone wrong? You don't only concentrate on what has gone wrong, you take a good look at what went right as well and why. Or doesn't that apply to football?

Party line? Have you read this messageboard lately? Try and find a positive thread. You could argue that the party line is constant criticism. Of course that would be wrong as is the assumption made by some that you are either an arch critic or blindly loyal. You post is pretty aggressively attacking a point of view that I don't actually think exists. Our views as a group don't appear to be as polarised as you seem to be implying. (All in my humble opinion of course.)
:top marks

Albion Hibs
26-09-2010, 07:22 PM
What next???

We lost...AGAIN!

What are you and your fellow slaters on!?

You cant congratulate your team - thats your issue I will let you deal with that in private.

IMO I thought we did very well yesterday. To go a goal down inside 5 mins and taking into account what they did to ICT midweek, and the yams last weekend, I think we made a good account.

All I wanted was to avoid a doing - most people on here thought they were going to take 4, 5, or 6 of us. That didnt happen, yet still we complain. I dont for a minute think we could have won, but we scored and for 10mins the bricked it. Deek should have scored right before they got there second, which may have changed things.

My one crit would be that we are still not getting the ball forward quickly enough at times. I know we cant counter every 2mins but there were occasions yesterday were there was not pace coming from the back to get up the pitch. Galbraith in for Wotherspoon for me.

Overall if we can take that level of performance and commitment into our next game then we will be fine.

Albion Hibs
26-09-2010, 07:28 PM
From a different perspective my sellick supporting mate said that up till celtc scored the 2nd it was the worst Hibs performance he'd seen at celtc park for years as celtc were honking and there for the taking.

As far as I'm concerned it means very little - McDiarmid Park will be the biggie.

I think you mate was just saying that as he probably thought his rancid lot were going to put 5 past us without trying. As for the worst hibs performance, maybe you should just tell him to focus on his own team.

That was miles from the worst Hibs performance I have seen through there. Like them or not, nish and bamba would be two names on the team sheet week in week out, missing them was a down for us.

FromTheCapital
26-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Not taking anything away from the performance as I think we played well and matched Celtic for at least 80 minutes of the match but it's another loss and it was a good performance but there's no point in playing well but getting poor results.
But still it was a big improvment and hopefully the boys have noticed that we are good football side and are better than what we were playing like before Saturday. :agree:

HFC 0-7
26-09-2010, 08:54 PM

Unbelievable !!

On the flip side though, and what is the main reason IMO for so much negative posts are some peoples blindness to Yogis faults and how bad the team are playing. Some of the posters on here are 'happy clappers' and can see the positives all the time, in some instances when there are none, all of this I think annoys some fans that really really want yogi gone. I also think that some fans are at the point now that they are scared of Hibs winning as it may mean that yogi remains manager. I genuinely feel that some fans want hibs pumped in the next couple of games if it means Yogi will go.

matty_f
26-09-2010, 09:32 PM
On the flip side though, and what is the main reason IMO for so much negative posts are some peoples blindness to Yogis faults and how bad the team are playing. Some of the posters on here are 'happy clappers' and can see the positives all the time, in some instances when there are none, all of this I think annoys some fans that really really want yogi gone. I also think that some fans are at the point now that they are scared of Hibs winning as it may mean that yogi remains manager. I genuinely feel that some fans want hibs pumped in the next couple of games if it means Yogi will go.

Where are these posters that are blind to Yogi's faults?:confused:

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Where are these posters that are blind to Yogi's faults?:confused:

I dont think you will get a reply to that question. :wink:

Dirkster23
26-09-2010, 10:00 PM
:top marks I have been saying this in my own way :wink: for a very long time. You know who you are. :bitchy:

You forgotten how you were when Mixu was in charge BH? Pure comedy gold :kettle:

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2010, 10:04 PM
You forgotten how you were when Mixu was in charge BH? Pure comedy gold :kettle:

Not at all, i can also see where Hughes is going wrong.:confused:

Dirkster23
26-09-2010, 10:08 PM
Not at all, i can also see where Hughes is going wrong.:confused:

When Mixu was in charge you were the most negative person on here, now your having a go at others for being negative :bye:

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2010, 10:24 PM
When Mixu was in charge you were the most negative person on here, now your having a go at others for being negative :bye:

I would not have been negative if Mixu got us into europe. :confused:

Dirkster23
26-09-2010, 10:36 PM
I would not have been negative if Mixu got us into europe. :confused:

I think we missed out on europe by 6 points that season. You'd turned on Mixu by Christmas, nothing to do with him not getting us into europe :bitchy:

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I think we missed out on europe by 6 points that season. You'd turned on Mixu by Christmas, nothing to do with him not getting us into europe :bitchy:

Again get your facts right, i turned after the derby cup defeat. :taxi

Dirkster23
27-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Again get your facts right, i turned after the derby cup defeat. :taxi

So it was the 11th of January, two games later than i said :rolleyes:

The fact remains, you were the most negative poster on here at that time and had a go at Mixu every chance you had. Now your on here having a go at posters for being negative about Yogi :bye:

Expecting Rain
27-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Will we get another well done thread if we lose to StJohnstone but play all right for 20 minutes?:cool2:

khib70
27-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Will we get another well done thread if we lose to StJohnstone but play all right for 20 minutes?:cool2:
Probably:rolleyes:

Expecting Rain
27-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Probably:rolleyes:

Probably not my friend but there will be other excuses offered up of that there is no doubt, my worry is where is our next win coming from, we`v`e already played the worst teams but hey be patient blah,blah,blah.

w.connectionfc
27-09-2010, 10:07 AM

spot on mate.
mixu gained a possible 8 out of 12 point from the yams in his last season hughes gained 2.

the way this guy backs hughes you'd think he was a yam.
get rid of mixu cause yams can't beat him.

hughes has hibs playing the worst football i've ever witnessed at easter road.

hughes GTF

bawheid
27-09-2010, 10:13 AM
hughes has hibs playing the worst football i've ever witnessed at easter road.

hughes GTF

:hilarious

How long you been going?

el capitano
27-09-2010, 10:35 AM
we played ok in spells, had a couple half chances where they had a couple good chances. the early goal took the heat of us a little, it let us knock the ball about, i never expected anything so im unsure if im happy to say well done lads or not.

no team in the spl plays the kind of football our supporters think hibs should be playing and if we had the players our supporters think should be playing there would still be faults in there game on here.
the club as a whole is under intense pressure to get results and until we get results the team on the park wont show signs of consistency, we need a few wins to see what we are missing in terms of selection and shape. the players we have would get a game anywhere outside the glasgow i am sure of this, but at this point until we get confidence im not sure the manager would get the job of manager anywhere, confidence running through this bunch of players would do the world of good so im hoping for a few points on the board soon.

i had a day watching english football on the box yesterday and its amazing how many times you see defenders losing markers,lumping balls up the pitch.
midfielders playing too many short passes in there own half and forwards not winning headers holding the ball up, wide players not gettin to the bye line etc.

we have the players and we need confidence, i feel we the fans should forget about the dug out and support the players on the park let the board worry about management and us the fans support the players

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2010, 10:38 AM
So it was the 11th of January, two games later than i said :rolleyes:

The fact remains, you were the most negative poster on here at that time and had a go at Mixu every chance you had. Now your on here having a go at posters for being negative about Yogi :bye:

I'm not having a pop at any poster, i said I dont think you will get a reply to that question? The question being, Where are these posters that are blind to Yogi's faults? I can see where i think he's going wrong, if you can point me in the direction of someone who thinks he's doing a fine job, i will be astonished. But don't let that get in the way of you ignoring what i posted.

Dirkster23
27-09-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm not having a pop at any poster, i said I dont think you will get a reply to that question? The question being, Where are these posters that are blind to Yogi's faults? I can see where i think he's going wrong, if you can point me in the direction of someone who thinks he's doing a fine job, i will be astonished. But don't let that get in the way of you ignoring what i posted.

Try reading post #102 again BH.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Try reading post #102 again BH.

Are you saying what Matty said is not true?

Dirkster23
27-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Are you saying what Matty said is not true?

I'm not talking about Matty's post, i'm talking about you being a total hypocrite and having a go at posters who are negative about Yogi.

proud_and_green
27-09-2010, 11:30 AM

Doesn't need explanation. Matty's right!!!

w.connectionfc
27-09-2010, 11:32 AM
:hilarious

How long you been going?

on a constant home and away basin since 1980. geez i'm getting old.

i've seen us relegated twice with far more effort than whats we have have shown under hughes.

i used to leave from him boozer down constitution st yrs ago. he's a good guy but he's not a good manager even if i wished him to be.

p.s there is a lot of support for yogi because he's a HIBBY. well i can tell you here and now he's not and never has been. he has always been a sellick man

proud_and_green
27-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Not sure this deserve's a thread tbh? Saying that we could be doing with some positive vibes on .net

Fought well after going 2-0 down and forced the Tic to hang on at the end but its still 0 pts.

It deserves as much an airing as all the nish is pish, Yogi GTF, Hogg crap and all the rest of them. But perhaps we're just not used to seeing any positivity anymore.

It strikes me that this could perhaps be the same as the players are experiencing. Except they have it confirmed each week by the people who are supposed to lift them when things aren't going well.

And on that note, do we not deserve a bit of the blame - where has the 12th man been all the time? Oh, that's right booing the team and telling them that they're crap, not hibs class etc etc......

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm not talking about Matty's post, i'm talking about you being a total hypocrite and having a go at posters who are negative about Yogi.

Why, I was right then and right now?

Dirkster23
27-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Why, I was right then and right now?

You did to Mixu what people are doing to Yogi now. Are they all right if Yogi gets the boot in the next few weeks?

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2010, 01:35 PM
You did to Mixu what people are doing to Yogi now. Are they all right if Yogi gets the boot in the next few weeks?

I have said he probably should go, although the new manager better get a champions league place or he wont be good enough. And he will have to top the league after 6 games the season after or he's out the door.

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2010, 01:36 PM

No i never, Mixu never had us qualifying for europe through our league position.

Dirkster23
27-09-2010, 03:03 PM
No i never, Mixu never had us qualifying for europe through our league position.

He also never presided over the worst run of home defeats in our clubs history :bitchy:

By your own admission you'd turned on Mixu by early January of his only full season in charge, long before you knew if we'd qualify for Europe or not (we missed out by 6 points in the end) so what's your point?!?

blackpoolhibs
27-09-2010, 03:26 PM
He also never presided over the worst run of home defeats in our clubs history :bitchy:

By your own admission you'd turned on Mixu by early January of his only full season in charge, long before you knew if we'd qualify for Europe or not (we missed out by 6 points in the end) so what's your point?!?

Give me Mixu's achievements, then give me Hughes achievements, thats why i still think he will go, but i'd give him to xmas. Mixu gave us nothing but struggles, Hughes has given us a successful season.

Expecting Rain
28-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Give me Mixu's achievements, then give me Hughes achievements, thats why i still think he will go, but i'd give him to xmas. Mixu gave us nothing but struggles, Hughes has given us a successful season.

To be honest BH, their records look like two bald men fighting over a comb, much was made of our qualifying for the european preliminaries, we mad it by the skin of our teeth, we almost blew a massive points lead over Hearts and when we did make it we were thrashed. Any european team on a par with Ross County, Inverness,Hamilton and St Mirren would have fancied their chances, much has changed since the Turnbull era, i don`t expect to revisit that kind of era but i`m afraid to say that until we can beat the above on a consistent level, what is the point apart from a nice wee holiday.