PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Radio

Jim_in_Canada
25-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Is anyone else having difficulties with this ????

Jim

cheltenhamhibee
25-09-2010, 02:09 PM
aye, no getting commentary

brydekirk
25-09-2010, 02:23 PM
no sound, u s :grr:

Dalkeith Boy
25-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Anyone out there having any success at hearing any commentary from the game today?

Woody1985
25-09-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm not.

One bonus is that I never realised you got this as part of Hibs TV. :greengrin

cheltenhamhibee
25-09-2010, 02:56 PM
i gave up, having tae suffer bbc commentary

Golden Bear
25-09-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm beginning to regret subscribing to this second rate product.

cheltenhamhibee
25-09-2010, 04:19 PM

likewise

jakki
25-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I've been with HI Radio shortly after it started but I've been really disappointed with it this season.OK we've had nothing really to shout about but before when we scored a goal,we had to wait a few minutes to find out who had scored as the commentaters were screaming at the top of their voices! There doesn'y seem to be as much enthusiasm these days( cannot really blame them as the games haven't been so exciting ) but we now know within secs who scored.

Bring back Willie Dunn wi his pies analysis! and his laughter :thumbsup:

Also it was great when we had the interactive chats before the games.The pre -recorded interviews with the players and us counting up how many times Ivan said a certain phrase and "cabbage and ribs" cooking us all virtual bacon rolls , that was a laugh but it seems so sterile now .

Now I only use it for the radio and highlights now but today didn't even get the radio. sorry to be so pessimistic :boo hoo:

PC Stamp
25-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Apolgies for the non commentary today. You may have heard us on air from around 2.50pm until about 2.58pm when we suddenly lost all power to our ISDN transmission box. Despite much effort we couldn't get it back at all and unfortunately whilst we can talk fitba' we don't really have the expertise to take apart a very expensive piece of kit which needs expert treatment in servicing it.
(That said, some would argue our expertise to talk fitba' as well!)

Whilst I fully understand people's frustrations and disappointment, it is every bit as frustrating for us in leaving people no option but to turn to the BBC for their commentary! To read comments about it being a second rate service when in around 6 years I think we've failed to get a broadcast out around half a dozen times is very discouraging. I can only assure everyone that we don't do it on purpose. Unfortunately using the internet is not foolproof and sometimes things happen which are outwith our control. I that same period of time, the BBC Scotland our National Broadcaster have also had their broadcast fail them on two or three occasions. I recall it happening once at Falkirk when we managed to get a broadcast out despite a near flood and most recently on Wednesday there at Kilmarnock despite the huge budget they have at their disposal compared to us.

Again, I can only apologise and hope that people stick with us. Despite Jakki's feelings for Willie Dunn, it's still way more biased in favour of the Hibees than Alan Preston on the BBC! :agree:

Hopefully those who can't make it to Perth will stick with us next week at McDiarmid Park.

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-09-2010, 06:43 PM

2nd rate doesn't even come near to how bad overall Hibs TV/radio is, I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole, useless

Septimus
25-09-2010, 07:30 PM
BBC it should be noted is not available to overseas listeners. Again I ask. Why is there no alternative to Paypal for payi9ng for a season ticket?

PC Stamp
25-09-2010, 08:22 PM
BBC it should be noted is not available to overseas listeners. Again I ask. Why is there no alternative to Paypal for payi9ng for a season ticket?

Unfortunately I can't answer your question Septimus. I can only advise that you e mail Perform with the question. I have no involvement at all in the business side of things. That's all dealt with directly by Perform who should provide the answer.

jakki
25-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I also lost the BBC link for the last 10 minutes of the game. Don't know if it was just me or everybodyelse so it can happen to the wee and big!!!!

Cliff, I'll stick with you lot but have to admit that the BBC broadcast today were more up for hibs than I've ever heard. Usually they are a load of s**t but today were bigging up hibs.

Bring back Willie Dunn :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2010, 10:46 PM
I have not renewed this season. I don't like the commentary from the new lad. I preferred it much more when Luke or Willie were doing it. They both were more enthusiastic, more passionate and imho were better. Obviously for those living abroad as i was before, its a great service, but for me, i will be at most home games, and a few away ones, so the BBC will do me for those that i miss.

Perform i dont like, and again imho they are not user friendly. Today was my first game without HI, and i can honestly say i did not miss it. It needs to go back to how it was before, a much more friendly and better site in every way.:boo hoo:

(((Fergus)))
26-09-2010, 05:13 AM
I've been with HI Radio shortly after it started but I've been really disappointed with it this season.OK we've had nothing really to shout about but before when we scored a goal,we had to wait a few minutes to find out who had scored as the commentaters were screaming at the top of their voices! There doesn'y seem to be as much enthusiasm these days( cannot really blame them as the games haven't been so exciting ) but we now know within secs who scored.

Bring back Willie Dunn wi his pies analysis! and his laughter :thumbsup:

Also it was great when we had the interactive chats before the games.The pre -recorded interviews with the players and us counting up how many times Ivan said a certain phrase and "cabbage and ribs" cooking us all virtual bacon rolls , that was a laugh but it seems so sterile now .

Now I only use it for the radio and highlights now but today didn't even get the radio. sorry to be so pessimistic :boo hoo:

In trying to professionalise the product, I wish they would focus all their energies on the technical side and not worry about whether the presenters would make it on BBC Scotland. We don't want BBC Scotland, we want the fans' eye view from people like Martin Glancy, JC, Willie Dunn, etc.

Septimus
26-09-2010, 05:56 AM
That's all dealt with directly by Perform who should provide the answer.

I have not the faintest idea who "Perform" are but one thing is sure. It is a misnomer if ever there was one.