PDA

View Full Version : English Football : Another Joke?

Dashing Bob S
25-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Albeit a more expensive one than it's Scottish counterpart. Just looked at the EPL table and it would be a brave chap who bet against it finishing the way the top 5 are currently placed. Man U MIGHT finish above Arsenal and Spurs may again pip City for the last CL slot but the whole thing seems as cut and dried as the SPL already!

Sas_The_Hibby
25-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Don't really see the point you're trying to make, DBS. Most European leagues have just three or four clubs that have a realistic chance of winning the league at any given time - the EPL's no worse, in that respect, than the rest. It's certainly a lot more competitive and interesting than the SPL TBH - no comparison, really.

banarc7062
25-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I would not count on it finishing as you suggest. Chelsea have played "weaker" teams so far until today.....and look what happens. Still fancy Man U to have big say it how finish looks.

DH1875
25-09-2010, 09:00 PM
There are only two teams with any chance of winning the EPL this season, Man U and Chelsea. I will give you city in a year or two which makes 3. How many teams could win La Liga ? 2. It's the case in nearly all the leagues.

SloopJB
25-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Does this negate the argument for a bigger league in Scotland?

if we add more teams and still only have two challenging it would decrease % of those challenging for the title. Less significant?

Alex Trager
25-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Its only the lower leagues that bring a different challenge for obvious reeasons

grunt
26-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but what do folks think about Liverpool's first goal against Sunderland yesterday? I see the Referees' organisation has closed ranks and suppported the ref. I think if it had happened against Hibs I would be raging.

Expecting Rain
26-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Albeit a more expensive one than it's Scottish counterpart. Just looked at the EPL table and it would be a brave chap who bet against it finishing the way the top 5 are currently placed. Man U MIGHT finish above Arsenal and Spurs may again pip City for the last CL slot but the whole thing seems as cut and dried as the SPL already!

Bob it is overhyped, better watching Bundislega all the teams play to win, home or away, far more entertaining and how football should be, in my own very humble opinion of course.

Hibbie_Cameron
26-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Bob it is overhyped, better watching Bundislega all the teams play to win, home or away, far more entertaining and how football should be, in my own very humble opinion of course.

:top marks

Bremen v Hamburg was a cracking match last night, 100 times better than that City v Chelsea snooze fest

Expecting Rain
26-09-2010, 11:05 AM
:top marks

Bremen v Hamburg was a cracking match last night, 100 times better than that City v Chelsea snooze fest

Even if you watch the review and don`t know the score, the commentators don`t give the score away and don`t make you reach for the remote control and the mute button, different class.