PDA

View Full Version : Should Bamba Play Today?

Mikey
25-09-2010, 05:50 AM
Let's have a wee look at Sol's "contribution" to the team in the last week.

On Monday he didn't train. He turned up at East Mains as usual but had a bust up with the manager before training had even started and stormed off. This was two days before an important League Cup game.

Despite this he was still selected to play on Wednesday night. His most notable contribution was that he was one of the central figures in whatever went on in the dressing room after the game. That was anything from raised voices to punches being thrown, depending on who you want to believe. What's not in doubt is that he was at the centre of it.

Is this a guy who should be playing for Hibs today? Is there really no-one else at the club who is good enough to replace him in the team? If that's the case, it's no wonder he does whatever the hell he likes.

It's time for the manager to deal with this problem.

DC_Hibs
25-09-2010, 05:59 AM

On Monday he didn't train. He turned up at East Mains as usual but had a bust up with the manager before training had even started and stormed off. This was two days before an important League Cup game.

Despite this he was still selected to play on Wednesday night. His most notable contribution was that he was one of the central figures in whatever went on in the dressing room after the game. That was anything from raised voices to punches being thrown, depending on who you want to believe. What's not in doubt is that he was at the centre of it.

Is this a guy who should be playing for Hibs today? Is there really no-one else at the club who is good enough to replace him in the team? If that's the case, it's no wonder he does whatever the hell he likes.

If it was a one off then not a major issue for me but his comments about returning late from world cup bench duty were a disgrace. Seemed to think it would be acceptable starting back at training a few days before the Europa tie.

Now we have Dickoh I dont think Bamba is such a loss but he would still be in my team (normally)

Shambles continues.

Mikey
25-09-2010, 06:01 AM
If it was a one off...........

Sadly not.

Hibby 2005
25-09-2010, 06:03 AM

I take it you were in the dressing room?

scoopyboy
25-09-2010, 06:58 AM
I take it you were in the dressing room?

Does it matter if he was in the dressing room?

What he is stating is true.

1875_hibs
25-09-2010, 07:16 AM

If this is true I would be very dissapointed in Yogi. I've backed Yogi but even my amateur football team manager wouldnt put up with that type of behaviour. Bamba either cares about the club a hell of a lot, or he thinks hes bigger than the club.....

Bostonhibby
25-09-2010, 07:19 AM
If any of its true, he is no different to any of the less idolised players who do get stick. I'd drop him and sell hm asap, if true, these incidents both damage his own reputation whilst at the same time damage the clubs further, and of course his £ value must be beginning to plummet as he is clearly not a great one to have in and around the squad when he is not geting his own way. Unless its all part of engineering a move.

Personally, I think he is a bottom end Championship, maybe league 1 defender who is likely to get caught out more often than not, he looks good in a poor defence / league but even then manages his fair share of errors at that level, yes I know he does a lot of good stuff at this level too, thats why he stands out in a sea of mediocrity in comparison to the level he aspires to play at.

Hibby Bairn
25-09-2010, 07:20 AM
Play Hanlon.

Bostonhibby
25-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Play Hanlon.

What? in his proper position? Hope so but don't se it, maybe Galbraith will get a long run at centre back.:wink:

Duffys13
25-09-2010, 07:27 AM
The reason he has been playing is he is by far the best player Hibs have in technichal ability and he adds a presence we need in most games. I think he shows it in the majority of games he plays in. Go back to the Rangers game at ER, he was immense IMHO. Hughes knows that as well and can ill afford to not have a player like that in his team. Especially just now when he is under big pressure to get results. Not saying it's correct to play him if all we have heard is true, but I understand why.

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2010, 07:30 AM
The reason he has been playing is he is by far the best player Hibs have in technichal ability and he adds a presence we need in most games. I think he shows it in the majority of games he plays in. Go back to the Rangers game at ER, he was immense IMHO. Hughes knows that as well and can ill afford to not have a player like that in his team. Especially just now when he is under big pressure to get results. Not saying it's correct to play him if all we have heard is true, but I understand why.

:agree:

hibeeleicester
25-09-2010, 07:39 AM
We need a manager who doesnt give a flying **** who the big stars are. All our managers have been afraid to drop Deeks etc...

Toaods
25-09-2010, 07:42 AM

Despite this he was still selected to play on Wednesday night. His most notable contribution was that he was one of the central figures in whatever wenton in the dressing room after the game. That was anything from raised voices to punches being thrown, depending on who you want to believe. What's not in doubt is that he was at the centre of it.

...no, I disagree, the manager should have dealt with it before it reached this point. You should be starting a post on Hughes inability to deal with the matter. Is it because Sol's worth too much to the club in sheckles or that Yogi knows when he'd get a doing so he just laughs along with Sol instead.

H18Y GW
25-09-2010, 07:47 AM

Not by a long shot,he cant pass,crosses over to tackle with the wrong foot,leads with his arm going for headers,picks up bookings for being clumsy and having no patience but he plays for the Ivory coast and so does Drogba,he is a spoiler and as stated an undisciplined one at that,he picks up booking after booking for being naive and is prone to ball watching which has been shown time and time again at international level,the most technical thing about him is he can tie both his boot laces.

Saying that he does a job for Hibs and we are his level,which at present isnt much to talk about.

Duffys13
25-09-2010, 07:53 AM
Not by a long shot,he cant pass,crosses over to tackle with the wrong foot,leads with his arm going for headers,picks up bookings for being clumsy and having no patience but he plays for the Ivory coast and so does Drogba,he is a spoiler and as stated an undisciplined one at that,he picks up booking after booking for being naive and is prone to ball watching which has been shown time and time again at international level,the most technical thing about him is he can tie both his boot laces.

Saying that he does a job for Hibs and we are his level,which at present isnt much to talk about.

I disagree re Bamba but that's what great about football, it's all about opinions. I just want this current nightmare to end one way or the other!

1875_hibs
25-09-2010, 08:00 AM
We need a manager who doesnt give a flying **** who the big stars are. All our managers have been afraid to drop Deeks etc...

Why would we drop Deeks? For scoring? Would you drop him?

1875_hibs
25-09-2010, 08:01 AM

Zemamma or Deeks is the best players Hibs have with technical ability, and skill.

Gatecrasher
25-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Nope and fine him as much as your allowed to, let's hope the Blackpool rumours are true, he's a wannabe big shot who thinks he's better than he is

emmjayfox
25-09-2010, 08:06 AM
...no, I disagree, the manager should have dealt with it before it reached this point. You should be starting a post on Hughes inability to deal with the matter. Is it because Sol's worth too much to the club in sheckles or that Yogi knows when he'd get a doing so he just laughs along with Sol instead.

Can he not sign a pre season contract come january ensuring we get nowt ??

.Sean.
25-09-2010, 08:07 AM

It certainly is true. I've had it confirmed to me by a friend who's friendly with everybody on the playing staff.

Bamba will be punted in January. I'm almost certain of that. It's clear he's disruptive and certain players are at the end of their tether with him.

H18Y GW
25-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Nope and fine him as much as your allowed to, let's hope the Blackpool rumours are true, he's a wannabe big shot who thinks he's better than he is

:top marks

Duffys13
25-09-2010, 08:14 AM
Zemamma or Deeks is the best players Hibs have with technical ability, and skill.

I think of Zouma a bit like Russel Latapy, as in it's been that long since I have seen him in a Hibs jersey!!Deeks is a great finisher and can hit a great free kick, love the guy to bits. Bamba has a comfort on the ball that Deeks does not, which is why we all moan wedhen he got played consistently on the left last year. I thought Bamba done a great job for Hibs in a rubbish midfield under Mixu. This again is why I think the guy has a lot of talent and most of us can see it.

Craig_in_Prague
25-09-2010, 08:19 AM
I don't know what was said in the dressing room, but maybe a bit shouting and **** fight in the team is what we need. Hughes said on his latest BBC interview that he was OK with what happend and that it's healthy.
I also agree with him that fans as well as media are currently beating on Hibs a little too much right now, I'm sick of the team as well but one thing is for sure I wouldn't be attending games and booing the team.

As for Bamba I think he's an excellent player and possibly the ONLY player that's athletic and quick in the team, I hope there's nothing seriously wrong with him and the players or manager and that he helps us by playing well and to start getting more clean sheets.

Beefster
25-09-2010, 08:37 AM
If we want Hibs to be even worse than they currently are, drop him. If we want to have anything worth having in defence, play him.

Hughes is fighting to stay in a job - he's unlikely to do anything that will make it harder for him.

1875_hibs
25-09-2010, 08:43 AM
I think of Zouma a bit like Russel Latapy, as in it's been that long since I have seen him in a Hibs jersey!!Deeks is a great finisher and can hit a great free kick, love the guy to bits. Bamba has a comfort on the ball that Deeks does not, which is why we all moan wedhen he got played consistently on the left last year. I thought Bamba done a great job for Hibs in a rubbish midfield under Mixu. This again is why I think the guy has a lot of talent and most of us can see it.

Ok, perhaps skillfully Deeks isnt the best, but technically hes the best Hibs player. He can see a pass that no-one else can. I remember when he came on against Rangers at Ibrox, and he played a great through ball to Killen I think it was that Xavi would of been proud of! But when under pressure hes not the best at keeping the ball. Bamba can go past players easily enough, just his final ball is terrible when he does! It would be interesting to see Bamba in midfield in this team.

Toaods
25-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Mu gut feeling is that Bamba now carries a grudge against some sort of combination of Yogi / Hibs FC / defensive team mates. This is now spreading to other positional players in the team.

I think he will be feeling his big break in life was the chance to go to the World Cup and shine, however Sven Goran Eriksson taking over the management of Ivory Coast had an impact as Sven knows the SPL is a poor standard and at the time we were heading nto the end of the season, losing games week in, week out with our defence a total joke.

In the pre World Cup games, Eriksson quite rightly gave a few players a chance to make his squad, etc and some took their chances, if you remember, Bamba had an absolute stinker in one of the final games. He may have been slightly off full fitness as we know he was carrying a slight recurring strain.

Bottom Line is the World Cup, Premiership and big wages all went slipping by and he will be thinking it is never going to happen.

Perhaps a more experienced manager (or those of us who ken what's going in in the game :wink: ) would have recognised this and either taken him aside for a helpful talk to make sure he wasn't allowed to get too downbeat.

Not trying to say we should be feeling sorry for him as at the end of the day, he was the guy who blew his chances but he needs someone to get his head sorted out and sorted out fast before it destroys our season, Yogi's job and Sol's own reputation in the game.

Hibby D
25-09-2010, 09:26 AM
If the above allegations are on the money my head tells me he should be dropped. BUT we need him so we've little choice but to play him.

If I wasn't a regular on here I'd know little, if anything, of his off-field antics (except perhaps the post WC story) and so I'd be scratching my head in utter disbelief that he wasn't in today's starting 11.

Today isn't the day to discuss if it's morally right - let's save that for when 'goals for' trump 'goals against'

Thecat23
25-09-2010, 10:05 AM
We have the young lad Stephens so why not drop Bamba and just throw Stephens in at the deep end. It could be the making of a player. Then again knowing us Hibs fans one mistake and they will want his head to roll!

ronaldo7
25-09-2010, 10:16 AM
We have the young lad Stephens so why not drop Bamba and just throw Stephens in at the deep end. It could be the making of a player. Then again knowing us Hibs fans one mistake and they will want his head to roll!

You could be right here. His head would still be above water in the deep end.:greengrin

Judas Iscariot
25-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Get him to ****..

He thinks he's a billy big time and has been ripping the pîsh for well over a year now..

Give Hanlon or Stephens his spot, at least they respect and want to play for Hibs..

Hibby D
25-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Get him to ****..

He thinks he's a billy big time and has been ripping the pîsh for well over a year now..

Give Hanlon or Stephens his spot, at least they respect and want to play for Hibs..

And you know this how? :devil:

Judas Iscariot
25-09-2010, 10:32 AM
And you know this how? :devil:

My sauce is goooood :greengrin

silverhibee
25-09-2010, 10:33 AM

:agree:

Bishop Hibee
25-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Given confirmation of Bamba's behaviour by reliable posters then he should be dropped from the first team squad until he apologises to Yogi and his team mates.

Really sad given the quality he has that his attitude seems to be so poor.

Given this and Stokes being sold just before the transfer window shut, it makes me think that Hibs transfer dealings in the summer were very badly managed.

HFC 0-7
25-09-2010, 10:46 AM
I posted on another thread that the players look like they have more power than the manager at times, or at least certain players do. I was referring to the JC issue where the board sided with the players. If what Mikey is saying is true, and I dont think there is any reason for him to make it up, then Yogi needs to drop Bamba. he may be the best defender we have it the club but it could be having a massive effect on the other players. Nish is a prime example, although I think he isnt good enough for hibs he is one of the players that puts everything in and gets the abuse while bamba does what he wants and get plaudits.

As for the younger players, its a very bad example to set, player like Galbraith who probably do as much as they can every day cant get a sniff in the starting line up and see bamba coming in late or not at all and getting in the starting line up.

It could be these sorts of problems that the manager isnt dealing with properly that is causing waves through the whole team and then on the park. I am all up for the manager dropping even our best players if they arent pulling their weight EVERY day.

snooky
25-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Re Bamba.
No player is bigger than the team and the consesus of opinion would seem to be that he was a major player in the 'fictional' dressing room scrap.
Old adage : One bad apple in the barrel turns the others bad.
It don't work the other way.
Total lack of respect given to HFC and this was not his first act of controversy.
Sorry boys, IMO, Bamba's a bin job ... and no way he should play today, whether best player or not.

Mikey
25-09-2010, 12:12 PM
It says on SSN that Bamba is doubtful with a groin injury..........

Betty Boop
25-09-2010, 12:15 PM

:rolleyes:

J-C
25-09-2010, 12:28 PM
It's been posted before that Yogi has his favourites and tends to play them no matter what( re Stokes last season, drinking, gambling and dressing room splits ), I've also heard Murray has fallen out of favour due to another spat with Yogi. This is the same Ian Murray who gives 100% every game and is at least reliable when he does play. It seems to me that if you cross swords with Yogi then your careers in limbo but if he takes a liking to you, the do what the hell you like. Is this really the type of manager we want, it's been mentioned he's a bit of a bully, this is not how to manage, take Alex Ferguson for instance, put the arm round when needed or the hairdryer treatment when necessary.

Toaods
25-09-2010, 12:37 PM

...fell onto a set of studs....:wink:

Andy74
25-09-2010, 05:08 PM
I've never come across a bigger bunch of fishwives tha you get on here. Seriously. Have a word.

Judas Iscariot
25-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I've never come across a bigger bunch of fishwives tha you get on here. Seriously. Have a word.

Care to elaborate?

MSK
25-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Care to elaborate?I would have said sweetie wifies as opposed tae fish wifies ..:agree:

Andy74
25-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Sweetie wives probably right.

TornadoHibby
25-09-2010, 07:05 PM
It's been posted before that Yogi has his favourites and tends to play them no matter what( re Stokes last season, drinking, gambling and dressing room splits ), I've also heard Murray has fallen out of favour due to another spat with Yogi. This is the same Ian Murray who gives 100% every game and is at least reliable when he does play. It seems to me that if you cross swords with Yogi then your careers in limbo but if he takes a liking to you, the do what the hell you like. Is this really the type of manager we want, it's been mentioned he's a bit of a bully, this is not how to manage, take Alex Ferguson for instance, put the arm round when needed or the hairdryer treatment when necessary.

This wouldn't be the result of pointing out to the manager (after he (the manager) had just screamed "you've got 48 hours to find yourself a new club" to Riordan who had questioned him about team matters after the St Mirren game) that immediately after the game in front of everyone else wasn't either the time or the place to be making statements like that to a player? :cool2: :confused:

Appreciate that he will feel under pressure but that sort of situation doesn't do anyone any favours IMO! :cool2: