PDA

View Full Version : Yogi Hughes - The Truth

Boris
25-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Okay, I hoad ma hands up - i went ower the top & I broke Bobby Duncan's leg cos he was makin an erse o me. I'm Sorry.

One for the auld yins?

Remember Napoli though!

Forza Fred
25-09-2010, 05:55 AM
I remember it well.

I also remember the immediate result in the 'Cooshed' ....bottles being hurled by/at the opposing sets of fans.

No segregation in those days - other than a thin line of polis between the two sets of rivals

It was 'head down' time for thirty seconds or more as bottles adndwine glasses bounced of our backs...and some not so quick people's heads.

Not pretty

Mikey
25-09-2010, 05:57 AM
It was 'head down' time for thirty seconds or more as bottles adnd wine glasses bounced of our backs...and some not so quick people's heads.

Not pretty

Sophisticated thugs :greengrin

lapsedhibee
25-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Okay, I hoad ma hands up - i went ower the top & I broke Bobby Duncan's leg cos he was makin an erse o me. I'm Sorry.

Thanks for that Yogi. Some people say you should have been sent off, or booked, or even seriously spoken to by the ref, but they're forgetting that the reckless scything tackle from behind (with or without intent to injure) wasn't illegal in those days. You were an innocent victim in the whole scenario.

:fibber:

WindyMiller
25-09-2010, 06:33 AM
I remember it well.

I also remember the immediate result in the 'Cooshed' ....bottles being hurled by/at the opposing sets of fans.

No segregation in those days - other than a thin line of polis between the two sets of rivals

It was 'head down' time for thirty seconds or more as bottles adndwine glasses bounced of our backs...and some not so quick people's heads.

Not pretty

Aaahhh! The good old days.

Cans o' pi55 raining down.

Happy Days, Sadly missed.

:boo hoo:

JohnScott
25-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Aaahhh! The good old days.

Cans o' pi55 raining down.

Happy Days, Sadly missed.

:boo hoo:

Go on admit it. You loved it! At least it was better than sitting in a modern stadium with an atmosphere resembling a visit to a vd clinic. Oops too much information there...............

blackpoolhibs
25-09-2010, 07:25 AM
You heard the crack all the way round the stadium.:boo hoo: ****in animal.:grr:

Phil D. Rolls
25-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Go on admit it. You loved it! At least it was better than sitting in a modern stadium with an atmosphere resembling a visit to a vd clinic. Oops too much information there...............

:faf: