PDA

View Full Version : Who is out of Contract at the end of the season

HFC 0-7
24-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Does anyone know who is out of contract at the end of the season? I am starting to worry about that players may not want to extend their contracts and how many will give up a bit if they know they are going elsewhere.

Fantic
24-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know who is out of contract at the end of the season? I am starting to worry about that players may not want to extend their contracts and how many will give up a bit if they know they are going elsewhere.

You need to get a life mate.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Most of the squad is out of contract in the summer.

Grounds is out of contract in January then the following are out of contract in the summer;

Miller
Zemmama
Riordan
Bamba
Nish
Thicot
Smith
Stack
Rankin
Dickoh
Duffy
McBride
Galbraith
Trakys

martin63
24-09-2010, 08:33 PM

Grounds is out of contract in January then the following are out of contract in the summer;

Miller
Zemmama
Riordan
Bamba
Nish
Thicot
Smith
Stack
Rankin
Dickoh
Duffy
McBride
Galbraith
Trakys
I think all the players that came up from the under 19's are out along with McCan

Wotherspiniesta
24-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Quite incredible.

At Falkirk, Hughes gave players 1 year contracts to "prove themselves" but surely even he must realise that having that many players out of contract is ridiculous.

Not too bad to see Thicot and Smith out of contract though. Don't let the door hit you on the way out lads!

Pretty Boy
24-09-2010, 08:40 PM

Miller
Zemmama
Riordan
Bamba
Nish
Thicot
Smith
Stack
Rankin
Dickoh
Duffy
McBride
Galbraith
Trakys

Bold i'd keep, Red i'd allow to go, green i'm undecided.

Wotherspiniesta
24-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Bold i'd keep, Red i'd allow to go, green i'm undecided.

Same. I'd keep Stack though. Decent keeper to have as back-up to MB.

M11BMO
24-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Doesn't fill you with optimism when you see that amount of players nearing the end of their contracts.

OtterHibee
24-09-2010, 08:54 PM
The following will all be out of contract by the end of this season:

Bamba, Souleymane
Byrne, Kurtis
Currie, Lee
Dickoh, Francis
Duffy, Darryl (loan - July 2011)
Flynn, Thomas
Galbraith, Daniel
Grounds, Jonathan (loan - January 2011)
Hogg, Chris
McBride, Kevin
McCann, Kevin
Miller, Liam
Moyes, Ewan
Nish, Colin
Rankin, John
Riordan, Derek
Smith, Graeme
Stack, Graham
Stevenson, Lewis
Thicot, Steven
Trakys, Valdas
Welsh, Sean
Zemmama, Merouane

Along with Grounds, I believe a couple of the younger lads will have contracts expiring in January.

All in all, I make that 23 players out of a squad of 31 (including those currently out on loan.)

Callum Booth may be another, though I don't have details of his contract to hand so am not certain.

Moody D
24-09-2010, 08:56 PM
So if you add Booth, Byrne, Currie, Flynn, Moyes and Welsh that is 20 players out of contract. That is scary! Surely the board can not leave Hughes the responsibility of re-signing and re-building.

Moody D
24-09-2010, 09:16 PM
So who is left ?
Brown, Hart, Hanlon, Murray, Stevens and Wotherspoon?

Sir David Gray
24-09-2010, 09:18 PM
So who is left ?

and de Graaf. :cool2:

sunshine1875
24-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Maybe, we are only going to play five a side games next season.:dunno:

OtterHibee
24-09-2010, 09:22 PM
So who is left ?

Scott Taggart and de Graaf are the other two.

HFC 0-7
24-09-2010, 09:24 PM
You need to get a life mate.

Maybe wrong choice of words, its concerns me. Hows that? That OK for you?

MrSmith
24-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Maybe, we are only going to play five a side games next season.:dunno:

Seems fair to me!

HFC 0-7
24-09-2010, 09:27 PM
The following will all be out of contract by the end of this season:

Bamba, Souleymane
Byrne, Kurtis
Currie, Lee
Dickoh, Francis
Duffy, Darryl (loan - July 2011)
Flynn, Thomas
Galbraith, Daniel
Grounds, Jonathan (loan - January 2011)
Hogg, Chris
McBride, Kevin
McCann, Kevin
Miller, Liam
Moyes, Ewan
Nish, Colin
Rankin, John
Riordan, Derek
Smith, Graeme
Stack, Graham
Stevenson, Lewis
Thicot, Steven
Trakys, Valdas
Welsh, Sean
Zemmama, Merouane

Along with Grounds, I believe a couple of the younger lads will have contracts expiring in January.

All in all, I make that 23 players out of a squad of 31 (including those currently out on loan.)

Callum Booth may be another, though I don't have details of his contract to hand so am not certain.

That is a bit concerning. These players dont really have much incentive to sign extensions if they can get anything close to their salary elsewhere. I doubt we will be playing in europe next season, we are playing bad and look like we will be bottom 6 material possibly worse. It looks like the manager doesnt have a hold on his players and with the fans giving the team pelters I am pretty sure a move away from ER looks quite inviting. I wonder how many of these players will wait until january before entertaining extension talks as their agents can get busy getting pre contracts lined up.

cabbageandribs1875
24-09-2010, 09:44 PM
maybe it's a good thing so many are out of contract ? maybe 5/6 of these players will be replaced by 2/3 quality players, 5/6 players on 2k/week each ,replaced by 2/3 better quality players getting 4k/week :thumbsup: imo the squad could do with getting trimmed down, and a few players out on loan coming back as well, and surely we can part with at least one GK, do we really need 3 first team GK's ?

gringojoe
24-09-2010, 09:51 PM
A clear out of the dross is long over due, I doubt there will be a long list of clubs waiting to sign most of them. Just hope we can hang onto the few decent ones.

marinello59
24-09-2010, 10:00 PM
A clear out of the dross is long over due, I doubt there will be a long list of clubs waiting to sign most of them. Just hope we can hang onto the few decent ones.

The dross? Compared to what?

steakbake
24-09-2010, 10:17 PM

Okay, results have been horrendous since February. However, there are not many players I'd be happy to see go at all. It's not as if they're all pish.

Hibs are not the sum of their parts just now. That is all!

BEEJ
24-09-2010, 10:52 PM
So who is left ?

Scott Taggart and de Graaf are the other two.
Plus Scott Smith, I think.

OtterHibee
24-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Plus Scott Smith, I think.

You're right. Though as I understand it he's still playing with the 19's?

Nevertheless, the contract he signed in the summer takes him through to July 2012.

BEEJ
24-09-2010, 11:08 PM
You're right. Though as I understand it he's still playing with the 19's?

Nevertheless, the contract he signed in the summer takes him through to July 2012.
Aye, right enough. I see he's not listed in the first team squad on the official site.

Must have misunderstood this article from the end of June. :confused:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100628/rising-star-agrees-new-deal_2262950_2079674

oconnors_strip
24-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Aye, right enough. I see he's not listed in the first team squad on the official site.

Must have misunderstood this article from the end of June. :confused:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100628/rising-star-agrees-new-deal_2262950_2079674

scott was listed in the 1st team squad on the official site for a few weeks after he signed new contract then was removed from the list:confused:

he was in the squad list on the back of the blackpool programme! :)

BEEJ
24-09-2010, 11:20 PM
scott was listed in the 1st team squad on the official site for a few weeks after he signed new contract then was removed from the list:confused:

he was in the squad list on the back of the blackpool programme! :)
:agree: I thought I'd seen that on the official site during the summer.

So I'm not going senile ..... just yet.

oconnors_strip
24-09-2010, 11:24 PM
:agree: I thought I'd seen that on the official site during the summer.

So I'm not going senile ..... just yet.

you are slowly going senile and it will get worse the more you support hibs:greengrin