PDA

View Full Version : Yogi must be given more time

Ozyhibby
24-09-2010, 03:59 PM
As he has just sent my wee boy a birthday card there is no way I feel I can be calling for his head this week.
So hopefully a win at Parkhead tomorrow will be the start of a restoration of yogi's reputation and a march up the league table for the Hibs.
:notworthy:

mcaitchi
24-09-2010, 04:06 PM
As he has just sent my wee boy a birthday card there is no way I feel I can be calling for his head this week.
So hopefully a win at Parkhead tomorrow will be the start of a restoration of yogi's reputation and a march up the league table for the Hibs.

Amazing What a Birthday card does ???? and the xmas card will be in soon too !!!

Lets send the Club a " Get Well Soon " Card :wink:

banarc7062
24-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Doubt if he has enough birthday cards readily available to sway his detractors:grr:

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Didnt know the guy could even write......you learn something new everyday I guess!

marinello59
24-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Didnt know the guy could even write......you learn something new everyday I guess!
:yawn:

ancienthibby
24-09-2010, 04:28 PM

Be ashamed of yourself:grr::grr::grr:

California-Hibs
24-09-2010, 04:37 PM

prat!

Houchy
24-09-2010, 04:47 PM
:yawn:

:agree:

I agree that he doesn't appear to have the tactical nous to lead our club, but seriously, I am also getting fed up with all this "yam like" nonsense that some fans are taking up because he has a flipping speach impediment.

FFS people get a grip!!!:grr:

bboy
24-09-2010, 04:48 PM
get behind him and the team thats what fans do,at this time vocal support is needed more than ever :grr:

Houchy
24-09-2010, 04:50 PM

Away and come back (or not) when you can think of something original/witty.:bye:

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 06:17 PM
thanks to all the boring c**** for your compliments.....get a sense of humour!

Lago
24-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Hopefully you'll learn some manners!

Duffys13
24-09-2010, 06:45 PM

Come out with something funny then

archiebald
24-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Why, he is clueless as is his sidekick- get him out.

Jonnyboy
24-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Someone said to me when they read the thread title "Aye, six months cos what he's doing to Hibs is criminal"

Oh aye and Ryan, it's no big and it's no clever

Removed
24-09-2010, 07:15 PM

:taxi for Ryan

:asshole:

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 07:38 PM
not trying tobe big or clever!

Cheers for the waxi....."To the red light please sir!"

since90plustwo
24-09-2010, 07:40 PM

why? slating our manager for this is a new low..

Judas Iscariot
24-09-2010, 08:56 PM

Your good..

ionahibby
24-09-2010, 09:10 PM

Good to see i'm not in the minority who supports yogi mon the hibees :notworthy:

New Corrie
24-09-2010, 09:24 PM
Good to see i'm not in the minority who supports yogi mon the hibees :notworthy:

You're not alone, mon the Yogi!!!! He's a Hibs man and he's hurting like the rest of us. would love to see all the heroes mock him to his face like they do on the message boards, ******s

ionahibby
24-09-2010, 09:45 PM
You're not alone, mon the Yogi!!!! He's a Hibs man and he's hurting like the rest of us. would love to see all the heroes mock him to his face like they do on the message boards, ******s

:top marksSpot thay hide behind they're user names none would dare say to his face

Removed
24-09-2010, 09:51 PM

:top marksSpot thay hide behind they're user names none would dare say to his face

I agree that some of the personal abuse on here is out of order. Maybe they're yams, maybe Hibbys, but why should I or anyone else be scared of telling him what we think :confused:

What's he going to do, thump me or act like he did in that embarrasing interview?

How do you know that he's not capable of a good debate - you both create an impression of him that is just as bad as any of the mockers imo

ionahibby
24-09-2010, 10:06 PM
I agree that some of the personal abuse on here is out of order. Maybe they're yams, maybe Hibbys, but why should I or anyone else be scared of telling him what we think :confused:

What's he going to do, thump me or act like he did in that embarrasing interview?

How do you know that he's not capable of a good debate - you both create an impression of him that is just as bad as any of the mockers imo

:agree: Fair enough point and i'm not saying you would not say anything to his face but i suspect a lot a folk on here wouldn't! but I've just been disgusted with the treatment of hughes on here the past week but as you correctly said they might be yams!

Removed
24-09-2010, 10:09 PM
:agree: Fair enough point and i'm not saying you would not say anything to his face but i suspect a lot a folk on here wouldn't! but I've just been disgusted with the treatment of hughes on here the past week but as you correctly said they might be yams!

:agree: Agree some of the posts are disgusting. He is one of us and no matter what he does the man deserves respect even if we personally want him out. I felt exactly the same before with Mixu with the twats that called him "Mixup" and worse. Bang out of order imo.

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I never posted here to have a problem....some people have a problem!

Not my problem if its your time of the month....try chocolate,I hear it works!

On the other hand ive been saying for 9 months...without slagging him too!

Yogi GTF!

Go on please lambast me! Im entitled to my opinion.....and if that opinion had been listened to when first stated 9 months ago and have stated it ever since ,I reckon we would be in a far better position! Possibly be buzzing about a new stand....still in europe! Who knows!

Yogi has to do the honourable thing and admit he cannot handle the managers job......like it would be to MANY a Hibs fan!

He made his bed and got to lie in it....however if he is not capable of doing it then do the honest thing and walk away!

Go on please tell me how wrong I am....and how right Yogi is! :timebomb:

Kevvy1875
24-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Yogi has to go, no question.

All the personal abuse aimed at the mans character is out of order though. The exact same thing happened with Mixu on a lesser scale.

I will openly slate Yogi for his incompetence in his job but taking the piss out of the way he speaks is too much. I know loads of different people and some have a thicker brouge than Yogi and I don't abuse them for it either. Neither would the people who are doing it on here on a one to one basis which is the amusing thing.

If you cannot respect Yogi as the Hibs gaffer then give the guy some credit for being a human being and leave the personal insults out of it.

Its actually embarrasing to read some of the stuff on here.

As a final footnote...I am not blinkered. I want Yogi out now. We are going nowhere under his stewardship. The season is still young and we could still achieve something if the board act quickly.

ionahibby
24-09-2010, 10:24 PM
I never posted here to have a problem....some people have a problem!

Not my problem if its your time of the month....try chocolate,I hear it works!

On the other hand ive been saying for 9 months...without slagging him too!

Yogi GTF!

Go on please lambast me! Im entitled to my opinion.....and if that opinion had been listened to when first stated 9 months ago and have stated it ever since ,I reckon we would be in a far better position! Possibly be buzzing about a new stand....still in europe! Who knows!

Yogi has to do the honourable thing and admit he cannot handle the managers job......like it would be to MANY a Hibs fan!

He made his bed and got to lie in it....however if he is not capable of doing it then do the honest thing and walk away!

Go on please tell me how wrong I am....and how right Yogi is! :timebomb:

Every one is entitled to their opinion bit imo your an :asshole: you must be one of these folk that aren't happy until we've won the league :rolleyes:

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Got to add too that I bet the board reckoned the new stand would of brought a buzz!

Taking into account last half of last season,Europe,and so far this season....extra revenue! Your having a laugh! I bet we are making more of a loss now than this time last year.......and my good friends I ask why?

I guaranteed the board are relying on increased turnover right now......Currently this is not happening,and there is no sign of change in that either!

It would not be because our manager is clueless about formations,tactics,media skills,motivation,knowledge of the game!
It does not take a genius people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:

ionahibby
24-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Got to add too that I bet the board reckoned the new stand would of brought a buzz!

Taking into account last half of last season,Europe,and so far this season....extra revenue! Your having a laugh! I bet we are making more of a loss now than this time last year.......and my good friends I ask why?

I guaranteed the board are relying on increased turnover right now......Currently this is not happening,and there is no sign of change in that either!

It would not be because our manager is clueless about formations,tactics,media skills,motivation,knowledge of the game!
It does not take a genius people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :grr:

Have another drink and go to bed please and do us all a favour :rolleyes:

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 10:31 PM
:top marksspot thay hide behind they're user names none would dare say to his face

take note ionahibee!

Its easy to call someone an asshole......on a keyboard!

ionahibby
24-09-2010, 10:35 PM
take note ionahibee!

Its easy to call someone an asshole......on a keyboard!

Touche.... :greengrin
Look no personal insult intended but look at the bigger picture is sacking hughes really the best option what would you suggest?

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2010, 10:41 PM

Out of order.

Stick tae the fitba eh !

:bitchy:

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 10:44 PM
1 month I give him!

Cant be ersed having pointless discussions! I guarantee that in 1 month Yogi will NOT be in charge!

Im not a I told ya so kind of person....but in 1 months time if we had made changes 10 months ago I guarantee we would be in a far better financial position!

Whoever cannot see how even primarily tactically inept the guy is would see where im coming from!

I dont have a problem with Yogi....im just sick of his new excuses.....never how he made a wrong choice today! Even if he acted like a man and admitted he made a mistake 1 week.....its not possible to make the wrong choice everyweek!

Everybody but him can see major cracks...why does he not fix them then.......instead of bleating on about things he creates!

new malkyhib
24-09-2010, 10:55 PM
1 month I give him!

Cant be ersed having pointless discussions! I guarantee that in 1 month Yogi will NOT be in charge!

Im not a I told ya so kind of person....but in 1 months time if we had made changes 10 months ago I guarantee we would be in a far better financial position!

Whoever cannot see how even primarily tactically inept the guy is would see where im coming from!

I dont have a problem with Yogi....im just sick of his new excuses.....never how he made a wrong choice today! Even if he acted like a man and admitted he made a mistake 1 week.....its not possible to make the wrong choice everyweek!

Everybody but him can see major cracks...why does he not fix them then.......instead of bleating on about things he creates!i's

1) I don't think Yogi's the answer, and I think he was a classic Hibs Board appointment, but that's maybe for another thread, but...

...2) FFS don't slag the guy for the way he talks - he's a Leither, like a lot of us on here, and as such doesn't talk in a pan-loaf accent, and fair play to him for that.
If you want to slag someone for the way they talk - which is indicative of where they come from and how they've been brought up (which is something to be celebrated IMO) then F*** off to Kickback or read the Daily Mail.

Socially conscious rant over...

hibeedonald
24-09-2010, 10:57 PM

"tobe". kinda ironic that you were suggesting that john hughes cant write :greengrin

Tranent Hibby
24-09-2010, 10:58 PM

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Removed
24-09-2010, 11:03 PM
1 month I give him!

Everybody but him can see major cracks...why does he not fix them then.......instead of bleating on about things he creates!

Dead easy to makes guarantees on an internet forum.

How are you going to guarantee it :confused:

I could easily guarantee that in 1 months time Yogi WILL be in charge.

I know which guarantee is more likely to come true.

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 11:06 PM
FFS don't slag the guy for the way he talks - he's a Leither

Have I mentioned how he spoke? NO Its what comes out his gob thats part of the problem :bandit:! My whole family is from Leith!

NAE NOOKIE
24-09-2010, 11:27 PM
I wanted Yogi when Mixu was appointed and thought he would be a good manager when he was eventually given the job.

I based this on the fact that against Hibs and especially in the Scottish Cup final where they played rangers off the park, he had Falkirk performing way above their natural limits at times, with only the lack of a decent goal scorer stopping them from being a top six side instead of relegation candidates.

Not to mention that his commitment to the Hibs cause would not be in question.

I now however am beginning to question if he is the man for the job for the following reasons:

Of all Yogi's qualities the ability to motivate a team should always be at the top of the list, but instead his teams seem to play with a lack of energy and fight.

The team is crying out for a ball winner in midfield and width in order to stretch the play, but we never seem to set up to do that.

We seem to have the players at the back to form a decent defence and yet we seem incapable of keeping a clean sheet.

After a year of Yogi trying to get the team to play quick passing football, we still play the ball too square all the time too slowly and seem incapable of playing the ball to the strikers quickly with midfielders coming up in support.

He makes baffling substitutions at times and he cant seem to face the fact that De Graff is bringing nothing to the team and should be dropped ( perhaps De Graff will come good, but can we carry a passenger in the current situation for another 5 or 6 games waiting for it to happen )

At the end of the day, if as everyone ( fans and media ) seems to think we have a squad of players as good as anything in the SPL outside of the OF why are we under performing so drastically ?

It can only come down to one of three things:

The players are a bunch of non tryers who are nowhere near as good as we, or they, think they are.

The manager has lost the dressing room and the players dont want to play for him.

The manager just doesnt have the tactical knowledge to be able to set out his team to beat even the weakest SPL side and / or is incapable of getting the players to understand how he wants them to play.

In my opinion Yogi will be given until the new year to sort things out, but if we are still as bad as we have been since Christmas by that time and none of the other teams have been cut adrift making us safe from relegation, then the board will panic and he will be gone.

Unfortunately by that time we will be playing in front of home crowds of between 6 and 7 thousand and it will take about a year to get the disgruntled fans to return.

Ryan69
24-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Not trying to ruffle feathers here mate.........But if his current record is the form we produce between now and then its relegation for us(not checked my stats but believe that would possibly be the case)!
THAT IS WHY CHANGE IS NEEDED NOW!

If its not broken dont fix it! If it is broken DO fix it! :grr:

Forza Fred
25-09-2010, 06:24 AM

John Hughes has served HIbs well as a player and like many I welcomed him back as manager.

I now believe, sadly, that the job is simply too much for him and again like many, I hope that someone replaces him who can take Hibs on to better things.

Regretfully I do not think Yogi can - short of a most unlikely and dramatic turnaround.

However, he has tried his best, and although he is likely to fail, as a person he still deserves the respect of HIbs supporters.

He does not deliberately try to stuff things up, and no doubt he himself is feeling very low at the moment.

He does not need, nor deserve to be ridiculed, although he does deserve to be replaced.

I would hope that when the inevitbale happens and he is sacked/resigns, that he would feel comfortable walking back into Easter Road as someone who had given it his best shot, and failed, and still held a degree of affection for HIbs.

'Fans" posting personal abuse will not facilitate this, and such comments deserve to be posted on another forum.

let's shake his hand when he leaves - not verbally gob on him

hibiedude
25-09-2010, 06:47 AM
John Hughes has served HIbs well as a player and like many I welcomed him back as manager.

I now believe, sadly, that the job is simply too much for him and again like many, I hope that someone replaces him who can take Hibs on to better things.

Regretfully I do not think Yogi can - short of a most unlikely and dramatic turnaround.

However, he has tried his best, and although he is likely to fail, as a person he still deserves the respect of HIbs supporters.

He does not deliberately try to stuff things up, and no doubt he himself is feeling very low at the moment.

He does not need, nor deserve to be ridiculed, although he does deserve to be replaced.

I would hope that when the inevitbale happens and he is sacked/resigns, that he would feel comfortable walking back into Easter Road as someone who had given it his best shot, and failed, and still held a degree of affection for HIbs.

'Fans" posting personal abuse will not facilitate this, and such comments deserve to be posted on another forum.

let's shake his hand when he leaves - not verbally gob on him

Best reply on this thread by a mile :top marks

I have never been a fan of yogi since he became manager when the pressure was on he was found out at best to be an average manager.

As the Falkirk fans know Yogi is a very likable man but we are not looking for likable man we are looking for someone who'll take the club forward and he is clearly not that man.

I find funny that the people having a go at Ryan69 for his comments about yogi but its ok for them to insult Ryan.

I have read worse comments about Yogi on Hibs.net without all this fuss.