PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Celtic Tickets. Special Delivery?

magnificent_seven
24-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Just wondering what the drill is here. I paid for tickets for the gane tomorrow and requested Royal Mail special delivery which was meant to arrive here by 1pm. I know it is only quarter past but I am getting increasingly worried that they will not arrive. Who do I go to if the club say they have already sent it out?

LancashireHibby
24-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Just wondering what the drill is here. I paid for tickets for the gane tomorrow and requested Royal Mail special delivery which was meant to arrive here by 1pm. I know it is only quarter past but I am getting increasingly worried that they will not arrive. Who do I go to if the club say they have already sent it out?

Give the ticket office a call and they will need to organise duplicate tickets for you to collect from Celtic's ticket office on matchday.

magnificent_seven
24-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Thanks.

Just spoke to the ticket office and they have advised me that it has been delivered (to my work address) and signed for. However it has been signed for by someone who doesn't even work at my work and nobody knows who it is! My work has a reception and there is no way anyone else could have signed for it! What do I do now? I doubt they will provide replacement tickets and if it has been sent to the wrong address will Hibs take responsibility?

iwasthere1972
24-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks.

Just spoke to the ticket office and they have advised me that it has been delivered (to my work address) and signed for. However it has been signed for by someone who doesn't even work at my work and nobody knows who it is! My work has a reception and there is no way anyone else could have signed for it! What do I do now? I doubt they will provide replacement tickets and if it has been sent to the wrong address will Hibs take responsibility?

Surely they would just send it to the address they have on their database unless you requested it be sent to a different address.

Good luck hope the mystery is solved in time.

StevieC
24-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Hibs will say the fault lies with the delivery company and pass the responsibility on to them. Given the time frame they may issue duplicates for you to collect and argue the point later.

I had a delivery company hand a package in to the wrong address and told me I had signed for it. Luckily the driver that did it admitted to his mistake and went and collected it from the wrong address.

I'm not sure of the legal standing, but if it isn't your name and signature then the delivery company will probably have to hold their hands up to it (although that wont help you get into the game if Hibs don't re-issue tickets).

iwasthere1972
24-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Hibs will say the fault lies with the delivery company and pass the responsibility on to them. Given the time frame they may issue duplicates for you to collect and argue the point later.

I had a delivery company hand a package in to the wrong address and told me I had signed for it. Luckily the driver that did it admitted to his mistake and went and collected it from the wrong address.

I'm not sure of the legal standing, but if it isn't your name and signature then the delivery company will probably have to hold their hands up to it (although that wont help you get into the game if Hibs don't re-issue tickets).

I often get "Special Delivery" items just posted through my letterbox (even when I am in) and have to wonder what the Royal Mail do for a signature when they haven't received any. Tempted to say that I haven't received the item as it's not right that someone pays a premium to have it signed for and it's just bunged through the letterbox. Not once over the last couple of months but about 4 times. Appears to be normal practice with my postie.

Future17
24-09-2010, 02:27 PM

Hibs can't issue duplicate tickets for an away game as they don't print them. They may issue replacements for different seats - but I doubt it.

LancashireHibby
24-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Hibs can't issue duplicate tickets for an away game as they don't print them. They may issue replacements for different seats - but I doubt it.

They would take note of the seat numbers issued and request Celtic to reprint said tickets on their behalf.

At The Edge
24-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Call your local RM office, or the one that delivers to your work, tell them what has happened, the Special Delivery will have most probably been signed on a electronic PDA, the postie will have had to type in surname, it also clocks what time it was signed for, the postie WILL BE investigated if there is a suspicion of theft.
also if you have seat numbers, surely all they have to do is wait for the person who signed for the tickets to take the seat at parkhead and bingo you have your thief.

Do kick up a stink though with Royal Mail if they are to blame, i'm a postie and it hacks me off no end to be working amongst thiefs, gives us posties a bad name, sooner these folk are caught the better.

Rant over :grr:

skipster7
24-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I often get "Special Delivery" items just posted through my letterbox (even when I am in) and have to wonder what the Royal Mail do for a signature when they haven't received any. Tempted to say that I haven't received the item as it's not right that someone pays a premium to have it signed for and it's just bunged through the letterbox. Not once over the last couple of months but about 4 times. Appears to be normal practice with my postie.

amazingly, some posties reckon they are doing their customer a favour by doing this to save them from collecting it if they're not in, but surely should only happen on the recipients say so.you'll probably find hes signed for it himself or forged your signature.saying you never recieved it could well lead to him getting the tin tack, so maybe a wee word in his ear would be a better option.:wink:

skipster7
24-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Call your local RM office, or the one that delivers to your work, tell them what has happened, the Special Delivery will have most probably been signed on a electronic PDA, the postie will have had to type in surname, it also clocks what time it was signed for, the postie WILL BE investigated if there is a suspicion of theft.
also if you have seat numbers, surely all they have to do is wait for the person who signed for the tickets to take the seat at parkhead and bingo you have your thief.

Do kick up a stink though with Royal Mail if they are to blame, i'm a postie and it hacks me off no end to be working amongst thiefs, gives us posties a bad name, sooner these folk are caught the better.

Rant over :grr:

FWIW the guy would have to be george raft to steal a special that he has signed for earlier in the day:confused: would be amazed if that was the case.it wouldn't surprise me if someone from the OPs work has signed for it but maybe the surname's been picked up wrong by the postie ?
hopefully thats the case:rolleyes:

iwasthere1972
24-09-2010, 09:18 PM
amazingly, some posties reckon they are doing their customer a favour by doing this to save them from collecting it if they're not in, but surely should only happen on the recipients say so.you'll probably find hes signed for it himself or forged your signature.saying you never recieved it could well lead to him getting the tin tack, so maybe a wee word in his ear would be a better option.:wink:

Three out of the four times I have been in and have managed to catch the package before it's landed on the floor. :greengrin

It's all very well them thinking that they are doing you a favour but when I pay the Royal Mail for "Special Delivery" I would fully expect it to be that and for them to have obtained a signature. I even get valuable packages left at my door only covered by my doormat in an upright position. Not talking about a package with a value of a few quid but hundreds of pounds. Anybody could take it as I've seen the same happen with my neighbour. Tempted to pinch it and let the Royal Mail take the flack.

Mind you I must say a big thankyou to my postman as he delivers at the same time each day. Anytime between 10am and 2.30pm. :agree:

iwasthere1972
24-09-2010, 09:26 PM
FWIW the guy would have to be george raft to steal a special that he has signed for earlier in the day:confused: would be amazed if that was the case.it wouldn't surprise me if someone from the OPs work has signed for it but maybe the surname's been picked up wrong by the postie ?
hopefully thats the case:rolleyes:

I would also be surprised if that was the case. Haven't looked back on the thread but what I can't understand is why did it get delivered to the OP's work and not his home. He must know where he asked the Hibs office to send the package to.

The mystery continues......................................... ..

magnificent_seven
25-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Finally got the tickets. I did ask them to be sent to my work address but the postie mucked up and sent them to the office next door in which somebody with the same name as me signed for it. Bizzare considering my name isn't the most common,but hey ho, Thanks for the responses,now hopefully it was all worth it!

RIP
25-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Finally got the tickets. I did ask them to be sent to my work address but the postie mucked up and sent them to the office next door in which somebody with the same name as me signed for it. Bizzare considering my name isn't the most common,but hey ho, Thanks for the responses,now hopefully it was all worth it!

So how did you get them back then mate?

Did the other Ivor Weenietinkle hand them back to the postie?