PDA

View Full Version : For the good of the team

hibhib7
24-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Maybe we should all lay off the vitriol for a wee while and start supporting them again. I've been as guilty as anybody but we probably won't be taking anything from Darkheid tomorrow so a decent display would keep me happy. I'm sure the players are hurting and train hard every day. The problem is that they play 5-a-side football on a full-size pitch. We don't seem to have the type of player (or tactics) to widen our game but that shouldn't stop us from trying. Unfortunately it will likely be a damage-limitation exercise tomorrow.

Aldo
24-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I always have and always will support the team....its the manager i dont like and TBH his ego and arrogance is really getting on my nerves.

He runs the team and does the training and tells them how he wants to play. Frankly the way he conducts himself is an utter disgrace. He says he is a Hibs fan well Hughes step back look at it from the outside and would you be happy with your team and the way it is being run.

Would he be shouting for the manager to go if he was paying good money to watch 4 or so wins in 29 matches...dam right he would.

I will always support Hibs and will do till the day i die....buut enough is enough.

Greenway
24-09-2010, 12:31 PM
I would love to agree with you, but I'm not sure I can.

Hibs are playing some dire stuff and have been for some considerable time. If we keep "getting behind the team" how will it ever end. We all wanted it to work with Yogi, but we can't ignore the reality of the situation, even if John can.

It's not that he hasn't been given time, and the resources available have been more than most clubs have invested. However just 4 wins in 26 games is surely enough punishment for everyone concerned.

If I could see any improvements taking place in the team without actually improving our points tally I might just be able to go a little longer. Unfortunately, as the old saying goes "doing the same thing time after time but expecting a different result is a clear sign of insanity".

I find myself like most Hibbies just now, wondering what exactly the best result would be for us this weekend. :boo hoo:

iwasthere1972
24-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Always 100% behind the team. Can't understand folk who take pleasure out of berating and booing them as it does nothing but help the opposition. It's easier for fans to get up and shout abuse at the team than it is to give their vocal support.

However I've had enough of Yogi and his interviews and have long since got to to the point of not even listening to them. I would recommend that all doctors in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas stop prescribing sleeping pills to their patients and just issue them with a cd compliation of Yogi's interviews over the past 9 months or so. Cheaper and no side effects.

Yogi out please.

Andy74
24-09-2010, 12:50 PM
So by changing yet another manager are you expecting a different result?

iwasthere1972
24-09-2010, 12:55 PM

Presume your question is aimed at me. Answer = Yes unless we win at Celtic then he has a stay of execution.

tamig
24-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Maybe we should all lay off the vitriol for a wee while and start supporting them again. I've been as guilty as anybody but we probably won't be taking anything from Darkheid tomorrow so a decent display would keep me happy. I'm sure the players are hurting and train hard every day. The problem is that they play 5-a-side football on a full-size pitch. We don't seem to have the type of player (or tactics) to widen our game but that shouldn't stop us from trying. Unfortunately it will likely be a damage-limitation exercise tomorrow.

Have never understood people who go along and seemingly take great delight in showering abuse on individuals in the team - and the team as whole. What kind of reaction do they really expect with "support" like that? Beggars belief.

We seem to have more than our fair share of them.

hibhib7
24-09-2010, 01:02 PM
I pretty much agree with everyone here, I'm just thinking that the current level of abuse directed at the manager and players is counter-productive. I'm sure everyone connected with the club has the message by now - Yogi has admitted as much, so why not try to give them a bit of encouragement for the time being.

tamig
24-09-2010, 01:05 PM

What do you mean by a different result? The Celtic game or an end to this dire run?

Andy74
24-09-2010, 01:06 PM
72 no. Damn mobile site won't quote! It was the post suggesting doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result was insanity. I presume that also applies to changing managers time and again and expecting anything to be different.

Andy74
24-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Tam I don't mean the Celtic game or the run. I mean generally how good the team are. Ending a bad run wouldn't be much comfort if down the line the team hasn't progressed.

iwasthere1972
24-09-2010, 01:18 PM
72 no. Damn mobile site won't quote! It was the post suggesting doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result was insanity. I presume that also applies to changing managers time and again and expecting anything to be different.

Well unfortunately we're in a results based business and it's easier and cheaper to dispose of the manager than the whole squad. 4 wins in nearly 30 games is scandalous and how long do we give Yogi to turn it around? Wait until we're fighting for relegation and appoint someone else to perform a miracle. Yogi has lost all respect from the majority of the fans (on here anyway) and for all we know it could even run deeper.

I would wholly expect Yogi to be sacked if we get thrashed from Celtic at the weekend. Win, draw or a narrow defeat will probably give him a bit more time but that's all it will be.

tamig
24-09-2010, 01:19 PM

I'm all for continuity when there are some signs of real progress. And I am prepared to take short term pain for long term gain.However, this run is getting a bit much. What's the alternative to a managerial change unless we suddenly hit a £100m jackpot before the next window?

Do you really not think another manager could do a decent job with this squad and get them churning out results consistently? Getting the right man to do that is the big problem of course.

hibhib7
24-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Sacking the manager has been covered in lots of other threads, and I tend to agree it is probably the best option, but isn't anyone prepared to set aside our dissatisfaction with Yogi and try to get behind him and the team, at least for the next month or so? I don't think he could survive another loss to Hearts, in any case.

iwasthere1972
24-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Sacking the manager has been covered in lots of other threads, and I tend to agree it is probably the best option, but isn't anyone prepared to set aside our dissatisfaction with Yogi and try to get behind him and the team, at least for the next month or so? I don't think he could survive another loss to Hearts, in any case.

Despite the fact that at present we have more "no balls" in our side than the Pakistan cricket team I am still 100% behind them. Beats me why anyone would take the trouble and expense of going to see Hibs if they aren't going to support them.

GGTTH :agree:

borstalboy
24-09-2010, 01:54 PM

I think most appreciate your point, however, its hard to get behind the team when there is nothing really positive about our performances. I'm sure people would be more willing if the performances were better.

lucky
24-09-2010, 03:05 PM
I think there are very few fans that want Hibs to lose. But lots do vent there anger and frustration at games. If the players showed half the passion of the supporters we would not be in this position.

As for the manager--he has to go. I really wanted it to work for him, he is a Leither and a Hibby but unfortunately he is just up to the job. His PR is shocking/embarrassing.

4 wins in 26 games is relegation form. Big shinney new stand in the 1st Division.