PDA

View Full Version : Only the Few

Hibs12thMan
24-09-2010, 07:33 AM
A good many people have written to us asking to make on this occasion a fuller statement of our supporters aims, and of the kind of support we wish to be, than is contained in the declaration which was made early in the autumn …

I do not think it would be wise at this moment, while the battle rages and the league is still perhaps only in its earlier stage, to embark upon elaborate speculations about the future shape which should be given to the support at Easter Road …

But before we can undertake the task of rebuilding we have not only to be convinced ourselves, but we have to convince other supporters that this shocking run of form is going to be finally broken.

The right to guide the course of our history is the noblest prize of victory.

We are still toiling up the hill; we have not yet reached the crest-line of it; we cannot survey the landscape or even imagine what its condition will be when that longed-for win comes. The task which lies before us immediately is at once more practical, more simple and more stern …

For the rest, we have to gain the victory. That is our task.

Good luck to all those going to Celtc Park. Have a good trip there and a safe journey home.

flash
24-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Apologies if i have misunderstood but does your post mean you havent decided whether you will support the team or not?

MrSmith
24-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Apologies if i have misunderstood but does your post mean you havent decided whether you will support the team or not?

Same here! The post almost reads like a construed statement from Hibs??

very strange indeed, considering that we may all be thinking differently about the current plight but...we are indeed all Hibees and will nevertheless continue to give our unwavering support.

Jack
24-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think its taken from a speech made by Winston Churchill rallying the country during its darkest times.

These are difficult times for the support, our future is uncertain, we must pull together.

heretoday
24-09-2010, 08:12 AM
This thread has either been started by a master of irony or a pompous ass who has a Henry V complex!

I do like "The future shape which should be given to the support at ER....".

It's always been pear-shaped mostly around the midriff and I see no reason to change that proud tradition!

RIP
24-09-2010, 10:53 AM
I think it's early days to be asking Hibs12thMan.co.uk to make declarations about supporter aims. Maybe some of our hardcore fans have been looking for a "statement" in the current climate.

Maybe a quote from Alex Ferguson or Jock Stein would have been easier to relate to :wink:

(((Fergus)))
24-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Never in the history of Hibernian FC was so much owed by so few to so many.

ionahibby
24-09-2010, 03:22 PM
So correct me if i'm wrong but i thought the point of the 12th man initiative was as fans to support the club in any way possible? Plans can't be outlined just because we are on a bad run :confused: You saying that it only happens when we are winning would be a bit pointless no or am i just getting confused :confused:

lucky
24-09-2010, 03:36 PM
A good many people have written to us asking to make on this occasion a fuller statement of our supporters aims, and of the kind of support we wish to be, than is contained in the declaration which was made early in the autumn …

I do not think it would be wise at this moment, while the battle rages and the league is still perhaps only in its earlier stage, to embark upon elaborate speculations about the future shape which should be given to the support at Easter Road …

But before we can undertake the task of rebuilding we have not only to be convinced ourselves, but we have to convince other supporters that this shocking run of form is going to be finally broken.

The right to guide the course of our history is the noblest prize of victory.

We are still toiling up the hill; we have not yet reached the crest-line of it; we cannot survey the landscape or even imagine what its condition will be when that longed-for win comes. The task which lies before us immediately is at once more practical, more simple and more stern …

For the rest, we have to gain the victory. That is our task.

Good luck to all those going to Celtc Park. Have a good trip there and a safe journey home.

No wonder ER is a morgue if guys like you are the famed 12th man. It reads like a Tory party broadcast--boring and not in touch with ordinary people

Sas_The_Hibby
24-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Or, as Elvis would have said, "Only The Lonely", which is what it could be like at Easter Road soon! :greengrin

Riordans Boots
24-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Or, as Elvis would have said, "Only The Lonely", which is what it could be like at Easter Road soon! :greengrin

That was Roy Orbison :wink:

Elvis sang "Are you lonesome tonight" :greengrin

Toaods
25-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Queen "Another one bites the dust"

The_Todd
25-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Booooooo.

I have no idea why I did that. Just felt right.