PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for the Weekend

Purehibee_MYB
23-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Ok so what is everyone expecting/hoping for at the weekend?

In my honest opinion we will be lucky to go away without conceding 3 goals... I would love Yogi to turn this around, and this in a way is the perfect fixture to turn things around, but I just can't see anything happening.

Betty Boop
23-09-2010, 05:58 PM

In my honest opinion we will be lucky to go away without conceding 3 goals... I would love Yogi to turn this around, and this in a way is the perfect fixture to turn things around, but I just can't see anything happening.

The thought of Stokes scoring against us makes me feel sick ! :grr:

steakbake
23-09-2010, 05:59 PM
I have very low expectations. I won't be going or listening.

Wilson
23-09-2010, 06:02 PM

I joked with a colleague that the hibs way would be to struggle against everyone else and take points of Celtic. Not this time though I think, in reality we are in for a hiding.

Sammy7nil
23-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Anything from 3 - 6 Nil :boo hoo:

The_Todd
23-09-2010, 06:21 PM
I expect it to rain.

Sammy7nil
23-09-2010, 06:24 PM
I expect it to rain.

You will be wrong I am Mr M Fish :greengrin

Hiber-nation
23-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Maybe a 2-1 defeat. Possibly 2-0. We've never folded there for ages. Stokes to score, bet of the day surely.

E.T. is a Hibee
23-09-2010, 06:33 PM
Its just like us to get a result after all that has got on, 2-1 to us!

I can feel it in my water!

C'MON YOGI AND THE LADS, GET INTO THEM!

Albion Hibs
23-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Agreed mate, I think we are in a minority on this forum of fans who actually want our manager to turn things around, with the majority focusing solely on getting him out of the door.

I think this would be the perfect fixture to turn things round, and typically hibs as well, but I expect nothing. Any sort of result would be massive for us, a good performance would be excellent, anything else I will take as a bonus.

At The Edge
23-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Agreed mate, I think we are in a minority on this forum of fans who actually want our manager to turn things around, with the majority focusing solely on getting him out of the door.

I think this would be the perfect fixture to turn things round, and typically hibs as well, but I expect nothing. Any sort of result would be massive for us, a good performance would be excellent, anything else I will take as a bonus.

Even if we get beat, i wouldn't mind so much if Hibs have put in a decent performance.

At the moment this part is sadly lacking from the men in green and white

Purehibee_MYB
23-09-2010, 06:51 PM

I really do want Yogi to do well as bringing a new manager is always rushed at this point...meaning we probably wouldn't get the best person for the job. That said I believe Yogi's job is in great danger, and I think if we lose to St.Johnstone and Kilmarnock he's gone.

If however we beat Celtic I think we should be able to get the ball rolling and start getting some more points on the board. So really this Celtic game is crucial for Yogi, but as said I do want him to turn it around, and I'm sure most Hibs fans deep down want him to do well too.

blairwallace
23-09-2010, 06:52 PM
if football is fixed, we'll win this one with a goal in the 8th and 89th minute

matty_f
23-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I ahve a terrible feeling that we'll get absolutely horsed.

Hope to be proved wrong though.

SRHibs
23-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Is it wrong of me not to want us to fluke a win? I feel it would buy Yogi quite a bit of time if that happened.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love us to win by playing them off the park, but that doesn't look probable.

I'm just sick to death of the dross we're producing at the moment.

Cabbage East
23-09-2010, 06:58 PM
We'll win on Saturday and lose the next 4 on the bounce.

new malkyhib
23-09-2010, 06:58 PM
My predictions:

Stokes to score twice in a 4 goal (mimimum) victory.

Parkhead stewards to behave like licensed thugs and Strathclyde's finest to ignore it.

Glasgow to smell.

Hiber-nation
23-09-2010, 07:04 PM
My predictions:

Stokes to score twice in a 4 goal (mimimum) victory. 1/2

Parkhead stewards to behave like licensed thugs and Strathclyde's finest to ignore it. 1/100

Glasgow to smell. 1/1000

basehibby
23-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Celtic are on a good run and Hibs aint - so on paper it looks like a foregone conclusion. So I expect we will get beat and it could be x rated as far as us Hibbies are concerned if the defending is as generous to Celtic as it has been at ER recently.

I HOPE it's going to be a good performance from the Hibees and that ultimately we gub them - on the back of recent form though a draw would be a magnificent result.

Houchy
23-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Celtic are on a good run and Hibs aint - so on paper it looks like a foregone conclusion. So I expect we will get beat and it could be x rated as far as us Hibbies are concerned if the defending is as generous to Celtic as it has been at ER recently.

I HOPE it's going to be a good performance from the Hibees and that ultimately we gub them - on the back of recent form though a draw would be a magnificent result.

Agree with all of the above:agree:

Keith_M
23-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Expectations? Sorry, but I thought as Hibs fans we weren't allowed to have expectations. Or was it that our expectations were too high?

OK, I'll listen to all the criticism. We'll get humped sideways and be grateful, knowing that it's our place in the world and that, in actual fact, it's all part of Yogi's plan for world domination that we as mere 'non fitbaw folk' just wouldn't begin to understand.

We're not worthy!!

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Im expecting/hoping to be bevvied most of the w-end, starting from about 1500 tomorrow!

NOLA
23-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Riordan to score in the 8th minute, De Graffe to miss an open goal, one of our defenders to concede a penalty, and Stokes to score a stoppage time winner.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2010, 08:59 PM
I think we'll lose by at least four goals. I actually think it could be a lot worse than that so I would probably actually take a 4-0 defeat just now.

Skanko79
23-09-2010, 09:04 PM
What do we normally expect from going to Celtic?

I would be happy with a good, spirited performance from the lads. A draw would be excellent and a win would be obviously even better.

Will be getting behind the team regardless.

IWasThere2016
23-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Anything from 2-0 to 5-0 seems very feasible. Stokes will most likely score! What's the odds for the game?

Woody1985
23-09-2010, 09:10 PM
My expectations are low, I'll be happy with conceding 8!

Just kidding, just wanted to join in with the jokes.

BEEJ
23-09-2010, 11:11 PM
I can't see us getting anything from the match on Saturday. Sooner its over the better.

(Someone should print off this thread and send it to the management team at Hibs with the working title "Setting Expectations: Mission Accomplished".)

DH1875
23-09-2010, 11:15 PM
All I'm looking for is some heart, some fight and some spirit. While I fully expect us to get beat, we better no lie down to the smelly ******s and get horse'd 5 or 6 nothing. That really will be the last straw.

Halifaxhibby
23-09-2010, 11:51 PM
It would be just like Hibs to go to carparkhead and take a point off the kid on green and whites.
Thats whats so frustrating about being a Hibs fan!!
The tide has to turn eventually, hopefully this weekend, if not, i'm absolutely dreading playing the ****bos.

hibeemad
24-09-2010, 12:41 AM
We'll win on Saturday and lose the next 4 on the bounce.

this bit i believe

IWasThere2016
24-09-2010, 06:23 AM
We're 9/1, the draw is 9/2 and they're 1/3

So the bookies reckon we're toast.

Wonder if Stokesy's got money on us? :wink:

ionahibby
24-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Even if we get beat, i wouldn't mind so much if Hibs have put in a decent performance.

At the moment this part is sadly lacking from the men in green and white

:agree: agreed but i will be backing yogi at hibs until the bitter end and everybody should be doing the same

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Mrs Hughes?

Barney McGrew
24-09-2010, 06:44 AM
We should really be asking Yogi what our expectations should be, since all ours are too high.

Mine are a three goal plus defeat, so I assume Yogi's are for us to lose by more than that :cool2:

TrinityHibs
24-09-2010, 06:51 AM
I am going to be radical and say we could get something out of the game. If we set up as 5 0 5 as we did against Accies at one point last week we will get horsed. If we go 4 5 1 and frustrate the soap dodgers we could scrape a draw. They are not that good and but for missed penalties, gifted penalties, missed opportunities and the woodwork we could have been matching our points haul of last season at this time.

If the guys get stuck in and actually play like the game means something to them and cut out the mistakes it might just get rid of the negativity both on here and at the game. This will only happen if Yogi can motivate them and thats where I have a real concern.

My heart says we can get the draw. My head says we are in for a gubbing. So I am going 1-0 Hibs with a Riordan goal after 8 minutes. Wheres that fingers crossed smiley?

Booked4Being-Ugly
24-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I think we'll get beat 4-0 but if we are not as good as we think we are it could be about 6-0.

I was also thinking of a novel idea that perhaps we're better than i think we are and we might only get beat 2-0!

I also find KT Tunstall strangely attractive though!

silverhibee
24-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Anything from 2-0 to 5-0 seems very feasible. Stokes will most likely score! What's the odds for the game?

Stokes will probaly get his first hat-trick for celtc tomorrow.

Park the bus and defend and hopefully it wont get to embarassing, not looking forward to going but will give the team my support for the 90 minutes.

truehibernian
24-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Every single player in that Celtic side has a bit of pace and urgency. This will be a horrible horrible experience tomorrow and I fear a right good drubbing. Mark Brown is in for a very busy afternoon IMHO. Cannot see past a 4-0 or 5-1 type result. No doubt De Graaf will again avoid the axe and score a sceamer of a 35 yard consolation to rub salt in the wounds :greengrin:boo hoo:

Green_one
24-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Easy to predict.

Sadly, against a none too great Celtic side we will get comfortably beaten

Just to rub salt in Stokes will probably score

Hughes will joke and tell us everything is fine and we lacked luck

Posters will tell us we are within 3 points of 5th place

As there will be few Hibs fans there, will it still be our fault? Probably

Www1875hfc
24-09-2010, 10:58 AM
We're 9/1, the draw is 9/2 and they're 1/3

So the bookies reckon we're toast.

Wonder if Stokesy's got money on us? :wink:

Lost 3 goals to kilmarnock in midweek,what chance celtic take 4+ of us at parkhead?

celtic are 11/2 to win by 4+.
I really fear we will get a right seeing to on saturday.

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/scottish/celtic-vs-hibernian-e214471118-m218324088

click on margin of victory.

ahibby
24-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Celtic will create a barrel load of chances. I'll wait and see how many get converted. Hibs might carve out a couple of chances and convert one.

truehibernian
24-09-2010, 11:03 AM
Lost 3 goals to kilmarnock in midweek,what chance celtic take 4+ of us at parkhead?

celtic are 11/2 to win by 4+.
I really fear we will get a right seeing to on saturday.

http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/scottish/celtic-vs-hibernian-e214471118-m218324088

click on margin of victory.

Surely they have missed a "0" next to the 7 for Ed De Graaf (please let that comment come back to haunt me Eddie :wink::greengrin)

WellingtonHibby
24-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I think we'll get beat 4-0 but if we are not as good as we think we are it could be about 6-0.

I was also thinking of a novel idea that perhaps we're better than i think we are and we might only get beat 2-0!

I also find KT Tunstall strangely attractive though!

Would. with bells on.

persevere1875
24-09-2010, 11:15 AM
I have this horrible nasty feeling we'll snatch something in typical hibs fashion, the fans will go delerious, Yogi will say I told you so, thus papering over the cracks at Er and getting Yogi another six months in the job while we all suffer the indignity of losing to every piece of trash put in front of us and have to listen to Yogi remind us we beat Celtic and the fans expectations are too high.

Sir David Gray
24-09-2010, 11:23 AM
I have this horrible nasty feeling we'll snatch something in typical hibs fashion, the fans will go delerious, Yogi will say I told you so, thus papering over the cracks at Er and getting Yogi another six months in the job while we all suffer the indignity of losing to every piece of trash put in front of us and have to listen to Yogi remind us we beat Celtic and the fans expectations are too high.

That would indeed be "typical Hibs" as you say but there is not a cat in Hell's chance of Hibs getting any kind of positive result tomorrow.

Carheenlea
24-09-2010, 11:29 AM
So what your saying is, you are supporting Celtic tomorrow then?

persevere1875
24-09-2010, 11:34 AM
So what your saying is, you are supporting Celtic tomorrow then?

:grr: When did I say that ? Im a Hibby always have been always will be, nothing would please me more than to see hibs go to Celtic, Turn them over and for Yogi to turn things around, I think the OP was what are your expectations so ive given them, sad times indeed if giving your honest expectations is quickly construed as supporting anyone other than your team, get a grip.

herdy
24-09-2010, 11:35 AM
I fully believe we are in foir an absolute humping. We will all be hanging our heads in shame on monday.

However, you never know, maybe this is the game where we get it right ????

I hope i'm wrong and de graffe gets a hatrick to make up for the dreadfull misses. And big nish pops in a few despite sporting wounds received either during or after the game on wednesday.

I know we are all frustrated with what has been going on ( or not going on) lately, but come on the Hibees lets get stuck in to these smelly unwashed weegie @*%"£$%$$£$£!!

:thumbsup:

Carheenlea
24-09-2010, 11:42 AM
:grr: When did I say that ? Im a Hibby always have been always will be, nothing would please me more than to see hibs go to Celtic, Turn them over and for Yogi to turn things around, I think the OP was what are your expectations so ive given them, sad times indeed if giving your honest expectations is quickly construed as supporting anyone other than your team, get a grip.

The tone of the opening point of your post suggested that your inkling that we could take something from game was a horrible and nasty one, and hints that you would rather we lost to aid Hughes' departure.
Apologies if not the case.

mutley
24-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I have done everything in my power to remain positive, and I still have the few threads of hope hanging on in there, that just maybe, we can start pulling back some points and look a little bit like we may finish somewhat higher in the table than our present position.

Hand on heart I would bemore than happy to take a draw and 1 point tomorrow, will be doing cartwheels naked down Princes Street if we get a win (hmm fairly safe on that one)
however, if it is to be a loss, which is the more realistic outcome, then I just hope that it is nothing too devastating. 2-0 rather than 6-0!

herdy
24-09-2010, 11:48 AM
The tone of the opening point of your post suggested that your inkling that we could take something from game was a horrible and nasty one, and hints that you would rather we lost to aid Hughes' departure.

C'mon guys it's bad enough the players are fighting each other, let's not all fall out with each other.:wink:

persevere1875
24-09-2010, 11:50 AM

The suggestion was that a win may merely paper over the cracks, however point noted and i'll try to keep my tone and its placement in check from now on :wink:

Aldo
24-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Hughes will come out with the same old bull

"This game is an opportunity for us to get back of on track. The players are really up for it and with a bit luck we may get a result???????????????????????"

Same against ICT, Accies and Killie.

I am really really annoyed that he has been allowed to go this far o and for wot its worth it will be at least 4 - 0 and Stokes will bag at least a couple.

flash
24-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Whilst i expect it to be a tough day at the office i don't necessarily think we will get hammered. For all that we can't buy a win just now it's not as if we are getting played off the park every week.

We also seem to play well at parkhead more often than not.

.Whitey.
24-09-2010, 12:27 PM
hibs will play brilliant & score the first goal, then a couple of shocking decisions by the ref - we will get beat 2-1.

Dirkster23
24-09-2010, 12:32 PM
We'll score first and then celtic will rattle in around 4 :bitchy:

heretoday
24-09-2010, 12:35 PM
:agree: agreed but i will be backing yogi at hibs until the bitter end and everybody should be doing the same

Hear Hear! That's the sort of talk I like. Put the moaning minnies and fairweather bloggers in their place. Better still put them in the changing room and let the big man loose with the wet towel!

hfc-1875
24-09-2010, 01:14 PM
2-1 to hibs, riordan double.

Phil MaGlass
24-09-2010, 01:29 PM
4-0 for Celtic.Mind you we may score first then lose 5-1

JimBHibees
24-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I think we will struggle but cant see it being a hiding for some reason.

3-1 Smelltic

Woody1985
26-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Football experts eh!

Only one correct result prediction on this thread. :greengrin