PDA

View Full Version : Ryder Cup

H18sry
23-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Monty tells all 12 players that they will play in the opening days matches http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/9025095.stm

Nice for the players to know that they will be involved at an early stage :agree:

Pretty Boy
23-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Monty tells all 12 players that they will play in the opening days matches http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/9025095.stm

Nice for the players to know that they will be involved at an early stage :agree:

Good idea to get all the players involved early on IMO. Europe have traditionally struggled in the foursomes and fourballs so maybe Monty deciding to try something a bit different.

greenlex
24-09-2010, 01:29 AM
Good idea to get all the players involved early on IMO. Europe have traditionally struggled in the foursomes and fourballs so maybe Monty deciding to try something a bit different.

Really PB? I always thought it was the other way round and nearly always needed a big lead going into the final days singles play. I must be getting auld.

Golden Bear
24-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Really PB? I always thought it was the other way round and nearly always needed a big lead going into the final days singles play. I must be getting auld.

:agree:

That's two of us then

Godsahibby
24-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm starting to get pretty excited, this time next week I'll be down there. Decided to only go with the Friday tickets, better to catch the Sunday's play in particular on the tele.

sg7nil
24-09-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree that it's usually in the foursomes and fourballs that Europe do well traditionally. With good partnerships and team cameraderie that the US can often find hard to match.

I think this has often come about (especially in the past) because Europe has never had a team of 12 superstars, so we have had to play our strongest sides for the first two days to try and build a lead. USA on the other hand will always try to play every one of their players to show what they believe is the strength in depth of their squad. Where this can fall down is when a obviously unfancied player finds his first involvement is in the singles, it can't be a boost to your confidence and I'd like to se the stats that show how many players that only get one run out in the singles actualy ever win their match.

Swings and roundabouts, gain by playing your best pairings often on the first two days while understanding that you may end up losing a single or two in the final day as the guys are not all into the groove of playing high pressure matchplay.

Pretty Boy
24-09-2010, 03:12 PM

:agree:

That's two of us then

Ignore me i'm talking nonsense.

It was a long day yesterday.:wink:

Golden Bear
24-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm starting to get pretty excited, this time next week I'll be down there. Decided to only go with the Friday tickets, better to catch the Sunday's play in particular on the tele.

Enjoy.

I was fortunate enough to be at Muirfileld Village in 1987 which resulted in the first European victory on American soil. It was a fantastic venue, a great result and an occasion I'll never forget.

Hainan Hibs
24-09-2010, 04:39 PM
It would be fantastic to see Mr Ryder Cup Colin Montgomerie lead the team to a victory and yet again get one over the Americans.

People can say what they like about the man, but when it comes to the Ryder Cup he is a great asset to have.

Houchy
24-09-2010, 05:36 PM

Thinking it's going to look pretty good in 3D too:agree:

greenlex
25-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Ignore me i'm talking nonsense.

It was a long day yesterday.:wink:

Who said that?