PDA

View Full Version : What does "Fitba' Guys Ken Whit's Gawn oan!"mean?

in-me-pocket
23-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Can anyone find an interview where Yogi has explained why he made tactical moves in a game or why he subbed a certain player or why he lined up his team in a specific formation etc etc ?
All I can find is the usual cluches about players having to stand up for themselves, show grit and determination, give it 110%, siege mentality blah blah blah.
Is it just me or can anyone come out with that drivel ? You don't need to be a football expert to tell people that , do you ?

grantonhibee
23-09-2010, 07:30 AM
he is just making excuses game after game same old drivvle , take responsibilty for your team and admit we are playing badly yogi

Phil D. Rolls
23-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Watching the telly last night I noticed a striking resemblance between one of my favourite comedy characters and a current football manager. Could anyone with knowledge of the game tell me if they are related?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUfvnRgH3IGa-3_pxjK1U9cWFyZ_hUG6tA190rhPy0X1EpN4Y&t=1&usg=__OaqC0LAzH24uTC3-v8s4tBKEsJo=
Self belief. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it, I can do it, I can really move from my head right down to my blue suede shoes. Isn't it? Rubettes, 1973? Marvellous.
- Manager

http://stuartfrew.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/image_thumb7.png?w=523&h=296
Football people know what we are doing.
- Comedian

Sudds_1
23-09-2010, 08:53 AM
...what Hughes means when he says

"..People that know their fitba know whats going on .."

Is that code for "..if you try to blame me you know **** all about fitba" ... "If you don't blame me , you know your fitba son!" :confused:

Expecting Rain
23-09-2010, 09:00 AM

Is that code for "..if you try to blame me you know **** all about fitba" ... "If you don't blame me , you know your fitba son!" :confused:

I`ll have a stab at it, if you haven`t played football at a decent level you don`t know what you are watching and therefore your opinion is invalid.

TornadoHibby
23-09-2010, 09:09 AM
I'll be brief. :cool2: :wink:

As football fans we all measure our teams success by the number of points we accumulate week on week, by our success in advancing through the rounds in the Cup competitions, by the entertainment factor of the football we see from our team's performances and by a "feelgood" factor which the former three generate in each of us individually and all of us collectively when things are going well IMHO! :agree:

As things stand, this season is relatively young but our team performances and results since last December (for the entire second half of last season!) have been poor even by moderate (lower top 6) SPL standards IMO! I'm sure someone else will provide the accurate stats, but a handful of wins out of some 30 (ish) games coupled with some awful match performances from the team over almost 10 months now is not something the make the fans even moderately happy about things! :cool2:

Speedway has suggested at least twice now that the manager is not entirely to blame but that the Board is also responsible although I am not clear as to the reasons why he believes that to be the case. I'm sure someone will explain precisely why he thinks that in due course. :agree:

However, the bottom line for me is that I am a very unhappy Hibs fan and ST holder of many years having supported Hibs for nigh on 50 years now. Having seen the club survive some seriously bad times in the past, I, perhaps naively genuinely felt that with recent years having seen us get to a point of having sound owned facilities infrastructure which is the envy of most other clubs, and a strong sound balance sheet with relatively litte but very manageable debt we might get the team on the pitch to the point where we could enjoy watching and supporting them week on week! :cool2:

However, I fear we are heading backwards in terms of our playing achievements and cannot help think that the manager must shoulder responsibility for this as any manager in any other business would do! :agree:

However, he talks to the media that everything is going to be fine, the fans are idiots and don't have a clue what's going on but "FITBA' GUYS KEN WHIT'S GAWN OAN"! :confused:

What the hell does that mean and how does that help our current situation improve? :grr:

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2010, 09:12 AM
I blame Gordon Marshall.:wink:

bingo70
23-09-2010, 09:13 AM

Fans that want him out don't know what they're talking about.

Good job it's accountants and businessmen on the board and not football men then, hopefully he'll be out sharpish.

No-one thats involved in football can realistically expect to have his record and not expect to lose there job so all this pish has to be his way of buying time before negotiating a tidy little pay off.

Sudds_1
23-09-2010, 09:14 AM
I`ll have a stab at it, if you haven`t played football at a decent level you don`t know what you are watching and therefore your opinion is invalid.

You might be on the money there.........

.....so if that's the case, why do we bother buying season tickets - or even match tickets, since a very big majority of us do not have the necessary credentials to have an opinion on the sport of the "common man".

I'd be as well going off to the pictures.....oh wait. :wink:

Speedway
23-09-2010, 09:15 AM
It's Jocky Scott talk for having to pee with the one you've got.

erskine-hibby
23-09-2010, 09:19 AM
It means shut the ****** up, you know nothing.

Just what we want to hear from a manager eh???:rolleyes:

Gatecrasher
23-09-2010, 09:19 AM
I blame Gordon Marshall.:wink:

i:tee hee:

Is the "Fitbaw guys" the 5% he was talking about last season - perhaps they could enlighten us into whats going on? you know, for the rest if us thicko's that clearly dont have a clue!

Hibernia Na Eir
23-09-2010, 09:23 AM
John Hughes is a disgrace.

Can Hibs not sort out English lessons for staff? Mr Hughes could do with a course in the subject.

cabbageandribs1875
23-09-2010, 09:26 AM

Can Hibs not sort out English lessons for staff? Mr Hughes could do with a course in the subject.

can we not just stick to how poor he is at managing....and leave out how bad he is at speaking english:rolleyes:

ahibby
23-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Well Torndado your points are searching IMO. Yogi is trying to paint a postive picture, I think he truly believes they will turn it around. I think he believes that the team is going through a period of transition with six or seven new players having been brought in to the club and young ones stepping up, it will take the team time to settle and gel.

He has a dig at us for sure because we are having a dig at him.

I am with Speedway if he has indicated that some of the problem lies with the board. Look at it this way. Our last three managers have seen the team drop in form. JC only managed to squeeze us in to top 6 as did Mixu. Yogi got us to 4th with one hell of anabysmal run and in my view we would have been 5th had Dundee Utd not had the SCF to look forward to. Do we really think that all three managers are to blame? How many managers should we go through before we start to look at other issues? How come a manager (Mixu) which didn't perform at Hibs (according to some people) is now looking decent at Kilmarnock. How come JC left because he wasn't happy with the board. There are a lot of questions to be answered in relation to how the club is being run. We are shopping in the bargain basement, bringing in players right at the death of the window or even after it closes. Those players haven't had proper pre seasons, we will never be ready for a season start with the current policy. Europe is a waist of time for us when we have players at hand who haven't even gone through a pre season with us. None of that in my opinion can be blamed on the manager. That is caused by the policies of the board. I am going to repeat that Europe is a waist of time for our club and I feel for the supporters. Hibs think small and because of that they will create a self fulfilling prophecy (I think they have created it already). My concern is that the board will point the finger at the fans and say it's your fault we have fallen from grace because you stopped coming. Well they stop coming because of the fare on view. They plant the seeds of a bad crop not us, we just choose not to eat it.

Groathillgrump
23-09-2010, 09:42 AM
It means shut the ****** up, you know nothing.

Just what we want to hear from a manager eh???:rolleyes:

When a manager starts to question the fans then the writing is on the wall for him IMHO.

We are the club's 'customers' and any business that doesn't listen to the views of its customers will inevitably suffer from a fall in revenue as the customers vote with their feet. Ultimately it will be the projected bottom line of the balance sheet that will convince the board to relieve him of his duties.

banarc7062
23-09-2010, 09:42 AM

And that was him being POLITE :grr:

Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2010, 09:47 AM
He is a condescending patronising tube....... He is basically saying that we, as fans know hee haw......:grr:

I am sorry Yogi, been watching football long enough to know that you are a man, totally out of your depth at Hibs, you do not know how to change games, tactically inept, your team looks short of fitness, has no width, no movement, no pace, no passion........

So what exactly would a "fitba guy" see differently:confused:

MoantheCabbage
23-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Well Torndado your points are searching IMO. Yogi is trying to paint a postive picture, I think he truly believes they will turn it around. I think he believes that the team is going through a period of transition with six or seven new players having been brought in to the club and young ones stepping up, it will take the team time to settle and gel.

I am with Speedway if he has indicated that some of the problem lies with the board. Look at it this way. Our last three managers have seen the team drop in form. JC only managed to squeeze us in to top 6 as did Mixu. Yogi got us to 4th with one hell of anabysmal run and in my view we would have been 5th had Dundee Utd not had the SCF to look forward to. Do we really think that all three managers are to blame? How many managers should we go through before we start to look at other issues? How come a manager (Mixu) which didn't perform at Hibs (according to some people) is now looking decent at Kilmarnock. How come JC left because he wasn't happy with the board. There are a lot of questions to be answered in relation to how the club is being run. We are shopping in the bargain basement, bringing in players right at the death of the window or even after it closes. Those players haven't had proper pre seasons, we will never be ready for a season start with the current policy. Europe is a waist of time for us when we have players at hand who haven't even gone through a pre season with us. None of that in my opinion can be blamed on the manager. That is caused by the policies of the board. I am going to repeat that Europe is a waist of time for our club and I feel for the supporters. Hibs think small and because of that they will create a self fulfilling prophecy (I think they have created it already). My concern is that the board will point the finger at the fans and say it's your fault we have fallen from grace because you stopped coming. Well they stop coming because of the fare on view. They plant the seeds of a bad crop not us, we just choose not to eat it.

Fantastic post mate. It's a pity some cant see the wood for the tree's

ArmadaleHibs
23-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Yogi has once again last night made Quotes that have stumped us all. The best one yet and the one for me that shows he has finally lost the plot is this!

"I think the fans expectations are maybe too high" :grr::grr::grr::grr:

Call me old fashioned if you like, but that quote on the back of a defeat to St Mirren where we were utter pi$$ and two home draws is just a joke. St Mirren, Hamilton and Inverness are all below us in the league so surely we expect a little better than two points from these games. With the next four or five away games against teams above us in the league where do our expectations lie now?????

Im not someone who would normally come on here and destroy anything to do with the running of my beloved football club, but i cant find anything positive to say at the moment and i think IMO that theres so many angry fans who have the right to say what they feel that Yogis time has run out with them.

God help us over the next several games.:boo hoo::boo hoo:

Expecting Rain
23-09-2010, 09:55 AM
You might be on the money there.........

.....so if that's the case, why do we bother buying season tickets - or even match tickets, since a very big majority of us do not have the necessary credentials to have an opinion on the sport of the "common man".

I'd be as well going off to the pictures.....oh wait. :wink:

No booing,no opinions, we could all sit there blindfolded with blind faith whilst a running commentary from Yogi is blasted out of the tannoy, the pictures isn`t an alternative neither is Morrisons or Tescos maybe the pub or the golf course, i`m hanging on.:wink:

erskine-hibby
23-09-2010, 10:02 AM
When a manager starts to question the fans then the writing is on the wall for him IMHO.

We are the club's 'customers' and any business that doesn't listen to the views of its customers will inevitably suffer from a fall in revenue as the customers vote with their feet. Ultimately it will be the projected bottom line of the balance sheet that will convince the board to relieve him of his duties.

:agree::agree:

Would you go back to a restraunt that continually served up crap?. Even though you complain they tell you you know nothing.

OK slightly different, because, as fans we do go back, but there is only so much cr@p we will eat.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2010, 10:20 AM

:agree:

1875er
23-09-2010, 10:20 AM
He is a condescending patronising tube....... He is basically saying that we, as fans know hee haw......:grr:

I am sorry Yogi, been watching football long enough to know that you are a man, totally out of your depth at Hibs, you do not know how to change games, tactically inept, your team looks short of fitness, has no width, no movement, no pace, no passion........

Absolutely spot on Brocks.... he hasn't got a clue and is turning into an embarassment with his rants and ramblings during interviews and press conferences.

I also have to question Brian Rice's role in the current debacle... he must see whats going on......:taxi:taxi

Craig_in_Prague
23-09-2010, 10:21 AM

:top marks

Sudds_1
23-09-2010, 10:25 AM
:agree::agree:

Would you go back to a restraunt that continually served up crap?. Even though you complain they tell you you know nothing.

OK slightly different, because, as fans we do go back, but there is only so much cr@p we will eat.

That's probably why I am now more convinced than ever that Hughes should go.....his arrogance will not allow him to see that the majority of supporters deserve a better response to concerns than "..if yer no a fitba man ye ken nothing"

For example, I know how I like my steak.......medium to rare - with chips! Now some Chefs will tell you that to eat it any other way than rare iwith a subtle cracked pepper sauce and saute potatoes is disgraceful and not getting the full flavour of the meat or acknowledging his skill as a chef in cooking it. My response? I know what I like........and if he won't give me it I'll not go back to him.

Simples :wink:

ahibby
23-09-2010, 10:42 AM
That's probably why I am now more convinced than ever that Hughes should go.....his arrogance will not allow him to see that the majority of supporters deserve a better response to concerns than "..if yer no a fitba man ye ken nothing"

For example, I know how I like my steak.......medium to rare - with chips! Now some Chefs will tell you that to eat it any other way than rare iwith a subtle cracked pepper sauce and saute potatoes is disgraceful and not getting the full flavour of the meat or acknowledging his skill as a chef in cooking it. My response? I know what I like........and if he won't give me it I'll not go back to him.

You could be talking about the directors of the restaurant. Maybe they won't give the chef the budget for good steak in the first place. Maybe the chef has to go to East Fortune Market on a Sunday when others are buying from butchers who bought prime live stock and sent it to the arbetoire knowing the quality of the beef was pretty much guaranteed. The Chef has had enough of the penny pinching directors and has walked so everyone's problem is solved. The directors just need to find another chef who is happy to buy stringy steak from East Fortune Market on Sunday. Unfortuantely the same old crap is going to be served up to the customers who might return because of a change in Chef to only ultimately be disappointed again.

Sudds_1
23-09-2010, 10:46 AM
You could be talking about the directors of the restaurant. Maybe they won't give the chef the budget for good steak in the first place. Maybe the chef has to go to East Fortune Market on a Sunday when others are buying from butchers who bought prime live stock and sent it to the arbetoire knowing the quality of the beef was pretty much guaranteed. The Chef has had enough of the penny pinching directors and has walked so everyone's problem is solved. The directors just need to find another chef who is happy to buy stringy steak from East Fortune Market on Sunday. Unfortuantely the same old crap is going to be served up to the customers who might return because of a change in Chef to only ultimately be disappointed again.

:greengrin aye..maybe. But if he takes even a cheap cut of beef, marinades it in a blend of oils and spices, and then uses his skill as a chef to gently cook it for me medium to rare (the way I like) then I'll go back - especially if he agrees with me that my preference for chips with my steak is ok by him (even if he has a greater culinary knowledge.

In other words ...you done have to be a gourmet chef to know and appreciate whats going on at his restaurant! :wink:

TornadoHibby
23-09-2010, 10:50 AM

Aye but what about all the earlier in the season "posturing" from Mr Hughes where he was repeatedly heard stating publicly something like "and I must say that the Board of the Club have been absolutely fantastic in backing me in what I am trying to achieve here with personnel alongside getting the stadium and training centre to the fantastic shape they are now in and that's not something that many SPL managers can say with honesty!" :confused:

erskine-hibby
23-09-2010, 10:57 AM

:greengrin aye..maybe. But if he takes even a cheap cut of beef, marinades it in a blend of oils and spices, and then uses his skill as a chef to gently cook it for me medium to rare (the way I like) then I'll go back - especially if he agrees with me that my preference for chips with my steak is ok by him (even if he has a greater culinary knowledge.

In other words ...you done have to be a gourmet chef to know and appreciate whats going on at his restaurant! :wink:

I knew I shouldn't have made that analogy:greengrin

All joking apart though, It is surely up to the manager to not only to manage the team, but to, in a small way, manage the support. He should not be saying things like that as to antagonise and alienate. Shows very poor judgement, IMHO, and ultimately gives you an insight to how he conducts himself in general.

OOPS!
I meant analogy....sorted:greengrin

EskbankHibby
23-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I knew I shouldn't have made that anomaly:greengrin

All joking apart though, It is surely up to the manager to not only to manage the team, but to, in a small way, manage the support. He should not be saying things like that as to antagonise and alienate. Shows very poor judgement, IMHO, and ultimately gives you an insite to how he conducts himself in general.

Totally agree with this, it's the thing that is really winding me up at the moment.

Against my better judgement i just listened to his post match interview and i'm ******* raging. Total lack of respect being shown to the fans, effectively saying our opinions are not valid as we are 'only' fans and therefore not "football people".

What a patronising erse.

ahibby
23-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Aye but what about all the earlier in the season "posturing" from Mr Hughes where he was repeatedly heard stating publicly something like "and I must say that the Board of the Club have been absolutely fantastic in backing me in what I am trying to achieve here with personnel alongside getting the stadium and training centre to the fantastic shape they are now in and that's not something that many SPL managers can say with honesty!" :confused:

The board have found a manager who is happy with their lot if Yogi was being completely truthful. The board appear to be happy with their appointment so he must be saying the right things but not doing the right things, so why are they happy? At least they haven't come out and said they support their manager 100% which might mean they don't but might mean they do. Who would trust directors?

Sudds_1
23-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I knew I shouldn't have made that anomaly:greengrin

All joking apart though, It is surely up to the manager to not only to manage the team, but to, in a small way, manage the support. He should not be saying things like that as to antagonise and alienate. Shows very poor judgement, IMHO, and ultimately gives you an insight to how he conducts himself in general.

Of course it is EH.......and I think wer'e both saying the same thing. Hughes arrogance in treating fans deepening concerns with rebukes over their apparent lack of knowledge and false expectations - rather than taking the subtle firm yet apologetic type approach - simply marks him out as a man who has no real depth or empathy with the people who pay his wages.

It also marks him out as a man who may well employ the same tactics in his day job with his players..........and maybe thats why he's lost the dressing room (if tose rumours are to be believed).

TornadoHibby
23-09-2010, 11:15 AM
The board have found a manager who is happy with their lot if Yogi was being completely truthful. The board appear to be happy with their appointment so he must be saying the right things but not doing the right things, so why are they happy? At least they haven't come out and said they support their manager 100% which might mean they don't but might mean they do. Who would trust directors?

You're not Yogi's agent by any chance are you? :wink: :greengrin

If the fans views translate into reduced attendances and reduced club income then they might not be so happy (your view!) with their appointment? :hmmm: :dunno:

Ever thought of psychology as a job? :wink: :greengrin

ahibby
23-09-2010, 11:15 AM

Okay Yogi thinks he is going to turn things around and feels that we can't see that is going to happen so he thinks we don't know what he does. We just know that we don't like what is being served up and he thinks he will serve up what we want fairly soon. I see where he is coming from. He has said he believes he can but not in a way the fans cant always understand. I don't know if he can or not but I'm not confident that the board could or will replace him with someone who could. So I am willing to give him a bit longer while I continue in my current state of being disappointed and concerned (maybe a wee bit worried).

ahibby
23-09-2010, 11:19 AM
You're not Yogi's agent by any chance are you? :wink: :greengrin

If the fans views translate into reduced attendances and reduced club income then they might not be so happy (your view!) with their appointment? :hmmm: :dunno:

Ever thought of psychology as a job? :wink: :greengrin

LOL:wink:

It's a pity that the directors will only be driven to change by falling attendances; I think you are right. That doesn't show them in good light.

Geo_1875
23-09-2010, 11:26 AM
I wonder if he means you have to have played football at a high level to be a good manager or even a good spectator. I think it may be that you have to have played to get any respect from Scottish players but I don't think Jose Mourinho had any problem with any of the teams he has successfully managed. I think it is more a matter of the players having self-respect. I think a good spectator only needs to have watched his team over a period of years to be able to make a judgement on the quality and or ability of the current team, both playing and management. The players are falling short of what we expect and "a football guy would know who's to blame."

hibbymac
23-09-2010, 11:35 AM

Why? ... not as if we have a "voice recognition lift" in the west stand ... See here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ&feature=related)

....sorry if off topic, just had to lighten the mood as I'm depressed enough.

Bad Martini
23-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I couldnae gie a toss how Yogi speaks - he talks (Whether most folk on here would like to admit it or not) in a very similar manner and dialect to most people on here, save for a few who perhaps claim/think they have a fine grasp of the English language "and ken what ti dae wi it" ... doubtful.

This is all pish that is totally BESIDE the point here.

It's not HOW he says it ... it's WHAT he said ... and what he said is (to paraphrase before some smart arse asks for source and quotes a misquote):

* Only those of superior football thinking understand whats gon on right now
* There is nothing more we can do to win these games and a win is coming
* It's not as bad as some would suggest and the stats, records, league table and our eyes are ALL collectively deceiving every last one of us

THAT, is what the ****ing problem is here people. I dont care Yogi speaks the way he does. In fact, I quite like the fact a working class accent finds it's way on the telly or radio...it's what most of us are, regardless of whether or not some folk care to try an forget this as they live in the exclusive development known as "up their ain erse-ville" ..........

Words. Not how they're said. Problem. Is. The.

Re-arrange.

Here's another one for one of these fitba fowk who are in the know to ponder.

****ed. We. Are. Continues. If. This.

Of. End.

IWasThere2016
23-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I couldnae gie a toss how Yogi speaks - he talks (Whether most folk on here would like to admit it or not) in a very similar manner and dialect to most people on here, save for a few who perhaps claim/think they have a fine grasp of the English language "and ken what ti dae wi it" ... doubtful.

It's not HOW he says it ... it's WHAT he said ... and what he said is (to paraphrase before some smart arse asks for source and quotes a misquote):

* It's not as bad as some would suggest and the stats, records, league table and our eyes are ALL collectively deceiving every last one of us

THAT, is what the ****ing problem is here people. I dont care Yogi speaks the way he does. In fact, I quite like the fact a working class accent finds it's way on the telly or radio...it's what most of us are, regardless of whether or not some folk care to try an forget this as they live in the exclusive development known as "up their ain erse-ville" ..........

Re-arrange.

Of. End.

Fine point. Poor grammar :tsk tsk:

:wink: :greengrin

Bad Martini
23-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Fine point. Poor grammar :tsk tsk:

:wink: :greengrin

Ah ken, ah ken...its the educashion us edinburgher punters git ken?

:greengrin :cool2:

Aw this said, ah blames the huns so ah does. For nae other reason as, they are aw dirty, unwashed and veritably biggoted bassas. Nothing to do with our present predicament, managerial woes nor cup exit but lest we forget the huns ARE indeed, a shower of dirty, unwashed, biggoted bassas. :greengrin

GLORY GLORY. :thumbsup:

borstalboy
23-09-2010, 11:50 AM
apolgies if posted elsewhere, however I just cant believe his comment on the bbc website....

'However, his message to his own players was: "Keep giving me what you are doing, keep training the way you are, keeping getting that spirit and we'll get that turn and, as soon as it turns, we are off and running."'

Is he for real?!?!.........I'm sure he's starting to kid himself into thinking we're playing well!!

MB62
23-09-2010, 11:54 AM
How many managers should we go through before we start to look at other issues? How come a manager (Mixu) which didn't perform at Hibs (according to some people) is now looking decent at Kilmarnock. How come JC left because he wasn't happy with the board. There are a lot of questions to be answered in relation to how the club is being run. We are shopping in the bargain basement, bringing in players right at the death of the window or even after it closes. Those players haven't had proper pre seasons, we will never be ready for a season start with the current policy.
None of that in my opinion can be blamed on the manager. That is caused by the policies of the board. I am going to repeat that Europe is a waist of time for our club and I feel for the supporters. Hibs think small and because of that they will create a self fulfilling prophecy (I think they have created it already). My concern is that the board will point the finger at the fans and say it's your fault we have fallen from grace because you stopped coming. Well they stop coming because of the fare on view. They plant the seeds of a bad crop not us, we just choose not to eat it.

Whilst I don't disagree with your post on the whole, I would ask, where do you think Mixu is doing his shopping for players about? Every manager in the SPL outwith the OF is looking around the same market areas and despite not being able to pay transfer fees, we should surely have a better chance of signing better players than the others with the salaries we can offer. These salaries are not great but compared to Killie, Hamilton etc, any player would bite yer hand off to be offered what we can compared to them.
This then comes down to the manager both spotting the better players, then once signed, using then to the best of their abilities, neither of which seem to have been achieved by our present manager.

This board have alot to answer for on the playing front. They have done fantasically well OFF the park but don't look for any great investment in the playing front for at least another 10 years.
Looking at this years accounts, we are due to pay back a lump sum of £1.6m in 2018 then in 2020 we are due to pay another lump sum of £2.5m, so we will continue to sell anybody and everybody we can so we can bank any cash, and be shopping around poundsavers for the foreseeable future.
There's very little light at the end of this very long tunnel, although we are still better equiped than most other teams, it's how the manager performs that will matter.

Phil D. Rolls
23-09-2010, 11:55 AM
can we not just stick to how poor he is at managing....and leave out how bad he is at speaking english:rolleyes:

Surely the manager's ability to communicate is one of the most important skills he has?

As for "football guys", that would include all of Yogi's mates, but not the Hibs players. It's time Hughes grew up and realised that "football guys" are just taking the micky out of him.

Sudds_1
23-09-2010, 11:59 AM

Re-arrange.

Of. End.

What on earth would you know about Grammar or the English language?

Only a scholar such as myself is qualified to speak of such matters; and....

......Yer a fitba person are ye no? :greengrin

basehibby
23-09-2010, 12:03 PM
It's Jocky Scott talk for having to pee with the one you've got.

Spot on - I was thinking about that and I don't think the comment is intended as a poke at the fans - I think by "fitba guys" he means specifically JC and Mixu! - and any other manager who has had to build a team on a budget for that matter.

But that is a fact of life for most clubs in the SPL - teams have to sell on players to balance the books and usually replace them with freebies and up and coming youngsters who they hope will turn out to be bargains. Hughes knows this and knew it when he took on the Hibs job which is why he's coming out with cryptic comments rather than criticising the board IMO.

PaulSmith
23-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Spot on - I was thinking about that and I don't think the comment is intended as a poke at the fans - I think by "fitba guys" he means specifically JC and Mixu! - and any other manager who has had to build a team on a budget for that matter.

But that is a fact of life for most clubs in the SPL - teams have to sell on players to balance the books and usually replace them with freebies and up and coming youngsters who they hope will turn out to be bargains. Hughes knows this and knew it when he took on the Hibs job which is why he's coming out with cryptic comments rather than criticising the board IMO.

The only way for him to save face then is to come out and actually tell it like it is (if there is anything to tell of course). He's now in a no win situation with the fans as the vast majority of fans want him out the door now, the only way I can see him winning back any % of the fans is to come out and say that he is not being backed by the Board and provide examples, such as how much Kyle would've cost to come here, what other targets have the Board blocked, what is his real views on the Stokes transfer

TornadoHibby
23-09-2010, 12:13 PM

Re-arrange.

Of. End.

Wow, didn't you get on your high horse there then ! :wink: :greengrin

This thread was never about dialect - it was always about substance and it's a pity you chose to use this thread to have a go about some people who you clearly think that dialect determines how they react or relate to a particular individual! :agree:

Facts are as already outlined and we are heading towards the SPL trapdoor unless something radical happens to our teams ability to win matches first and foremost and to play decent entertaining football in the time accustomed "Hibernian" way that we all hold dear even if it doesn't materialise as often as we would like. :cool2: :agree:

Now if you think that Hughes is the man to achieve that radical change then that's fine but I personally don't having now sat for almost 10 months watching my team struggle away with only a handful of wins on 30 (ish) games yet Yogi continually tells us fans that he knows what he is doing and only "fitba' people", of which he clearly doesn't include many or any of the fans, would be able to see that! :confused:

I'm always slightly concerned at a guy who thinks he's always right when a huge number of people watching the same subject matter think he's actually not! :cool2:

Agree with your last bit though! :wink: :greengrin

lyonhibs
23-09-2010, 12:15 PM

You mean managers like Billy Reid, Mixu at Killie and Butcher at ICT, all of whom have microscopic budgets compared to our own, yet still manage to cobble together 11 fit, motivated and reasonably tactically aware players to match us (or better).

Using Yogi's apparent financial strait jacket (which is more like a nice, loose-fitting cotton jacket compared to previous managers, especially last summer) is a total red-herring IMO.

Dirkster23
23-09-2010, 12:16 PM
[QUOTE=ahibby;2585599] I think he believes that the team is going through a period of transition with six or seven new players having been brought in to the club and young ones stepping up, it will take the team time to settle and gel.

So we went through a period of transition when Yogi became boss and now we're going through another because he's brought in new players. What will we be going through next summer when half the squad leave as they're out of contract? When will this transition period finish?!?

Phil D. Rolls
23-09-2010, 12:19 PM
You mean managers like Billy Reid, Mixu at Killie and Butcher at ICT, all of whom have microscopic budgets compared to our own, yet still manage to cobble together 11 fit, motivated and reasonably tactically aware players to match us (or better).

Using Yogi's apparent financial strait jacket (which is more like a nice, loose-fitting cotton jacket compared to previous managers, especially last summer) is a total red-herring IMO.

That is what is wrong with us in a nutshell. We are organised like a pub team.

basehibby
23-09-2010, 12:29 PM
The only way for him to save face then is to come out and actually tell it like it is (if there is anything to tell of course). He's now in a no win situation with the fans as the vast majority of fans want him out the door now, the only way I can see him winning back any % of the fans is to come out and say that he is not being backed by the Board and provide examples, such as how much Kyle would've cost to come here, what other targets have the Board blocked, what is his real views on the Stokes transfer

Yeah - but he's not going to do that if he came into the situation with his eyes open is he???

Sudds_1
23-09-2010, 12:41 PM

aye, they're fitba guys ye ken.......They ken whit they're daen.:wink::greengrin

Bad Martini
23-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Wow, didn't you get on your high horse there then ! :wink: :greengrin

This thread was never about dialect - it was always about substance and it's a pity you chose to use this thread to have a go about some people who you clearly think that dialect determines how they react or relate to a particular individual! :agree:

Facts are as already outlined and we are heading towards the SPL trapdoor unless something radical happens to our teams ability to win matches first and foremost and to play decent entertaining football in the time accustomed "Hibernian" way that we all hold dear even if it doesn't materialise as often as we would like. :cool2: :agree:

Now if you think that Hughes is the man to achieve that radical change then that's fine but I personally don't having now sat for almost 10 months watching my team struggle away with only a handful of wins on 30 (ish) games yet Yogi continually tells us fans that he knows what he is doing and only "fitba' people", of which he clearly doesn't include many or any of the fans, would be able to see that! :confused:

I'm always slightly concerned at a guy who thinks he's always right when a huge number of people watching the same subject matter think he's actually not! :cool2:

Agree with your last bit though! :wink: :greengrin

I think there's been some distraction from the matter in hand and you've misunderstood what ah wis saying from this wee gem:

"Now if you think that Hughes is the man to achieve that radical change "

Just to be clear on what ah wis in fact sayin squire:

1) Ma (moot) point aboot Hughes dialect and use of English is just that - it's moot...I was agreeing that this chat about HOW he says things is distracting from the point that...
2) IMHO, he was never the man for the joab, never has been, never will be...simple. I think, my position should be clearer now old chum :thumbsup:

ENDOF...

TornadoHibby
23-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I think there's been some distraction from the matter in hand and you've misunderstood what ah wis saying from this wee gem:

"Now if you think that Hughes is the man to achieve that radical change "

Just to be clear on what ah wis in fact sayin squire:

1) Ma (moot) point aboot Hughes dialect and use of English is just that - it's moot...I was agreeing that this chat about HOW he says things is distracting from the point that...
2) IMHO, he was never the man for the joab, never has been, never will be...simple. I think, my position should be clearer now old chum :thumbsup:

ENDOF...

Crystal clear now thanks! :wink: :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Kato
23-09-2010, 04:21 PM

I agree with all this except the bit saying "sorry Yogi". Didn't want him when he was appointed, don't want him now. His reputation of playing "good, passing football" stems from having Latapy in his Falkirk side - the only time we have looked half decent is when we have Zoomer on the park. In other words his "good, passing football" only comes around when the brains are on the park, as their ain't any brains in the dugout thats for sure.

From the off his Hibs side have struggled to get the ball wide - which puts paid to his statement that he plays "expansive football" - he doesn't know how to use the whole park. Passes are played in front of or behind players, moves are left incomplete as players struggle to link up. Any team wanting to stop us flood the midfield as they know we will struggle to get past them.

Eddie Turnbull had his Hibs team practice two things - passing and finding space and he said everything else comes naturally: if you can't retain the ball you can't create anything and if you can't find space you won't be able to do anything with your possession.

To create a passing side passing drills are a must every day, it's like a band playing music everything has to be tight or the instruments are out of time with each other - so they rehearse, get tight and everything else falls into place. When Mowbray arrived at ER he was shocked that some of the players didn't know what a passing drill was, within 8 weeks we started to make passing football look easy - which it is IF it is drummed into the players day after day.

A year on under Hughes and the players look like strangers to each other.

Cropley10
23-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Getting rid of Yogi is a short-term, temporary fix. Problems at Hibernian are unfortunately bigger than 'just' the manager.

Mr Petrie has overseen the overhauling of the balance sheet, the stadium and the creation of East Mains. Lets not forget either that he is well paid AND owns 10% of Hibernian.

But anyone who thinks he cares about football; results or performances on the pitch must be daft, IMHO.

Look at the quality of player who have left and/or been sold and look at who we've got now. Others on this thread have highlighted what's wrong with our player acquisition strategy. Thing is - right now - we've got Deek and Bamba who might be worth something. Mr Petrie has sold the family silver and there's nothing left to sell.

If fans want Yogi out - fine. But Petrie's job is done - he should go too, or he'll just end up hiring Michael O'Neill or Danny Lennon. I'd put good money on it.

aberhibsfc
23-09-2010, 04:57 PM

:top marks

aberhibsfc
23-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Getting rid of Yogi is a short-term, temporary fix. Problems at Hibernian are unfortunately bigger than 'just' the manager.

Mr Petrie has overseen the overhauling of the balance sheet, the stadium and the creation of East Mains. Lets not forget either that he is well paid AND owns 10% of Hibernian.

But anyone who thinks he cares about football; results or performances on the pitch must be daft, IMHO.

Look at the quality of player who have left and/or been sold and look at who we've got now. Others on this thread have highlighted what's wrong with our player acquisition strategy. Thing is - right now - we've got Deek and Bamba who might be worth something. Mr Petrie has sold the family silver and there's nothing left to sell.

If fans want Yogi out - fine. But Petrie's job is done - he should go too, or he'll just end up hiring Michael O'Neill or Danny Lennon. I'd put good money on it.

He cares enough to want the team to do well as it will make life easier and possibly earn a few extra bucks. With no more infrastructure, bricks and mortar to invest in there will only be two roads to go, service debt or invest in the team. I'm no advocating that we go wild, but we are not seriously investing in the product which we are mainly interested in and that's the team.

Hibs really need to get serious about retaining valuable players or at least using the sales for bids you can't refuse to retain others and bring new in. We have been nicking a player from St Mirren here, Motherwell there, Kilmarnock, Inverness, closed window free's except Miller whom I think was the exception. It's like the old adage put **** in get **** out.

I wonder sometimes if Hibs like the idea of perpetual debt servicing as an offset to any tax they would have to pay. It will chugg along nicely maintaining the accounts.

Hibs have all the infrastructure that a team our size could hope for so the investment must surely turn towards the team. The stand hit us this year, sure we'll still be paying towards it for a while, however the % of funds going into team development has to increase on it's current ratio. I'm kind of resigned to a poor one now given the handicap we have allowed ourselves to fall into selling Stokes and not being in position to replace.

I don't think it's just Hughes and the team under the microscope. I think the board need to start taking accountability too, they have continued the almost annual cull of management and paying them and dud players off. This is bad management.

I get the feeling rightly or wrongly, the board manage our expectations much the same as political scare mongering such as Labour with terrorism - scaring us into giving up more and more liberties and Cons/Lib with the financial scare mongering asking us to pay double for less.

Maybe I'm just getting older and more sceptical.

I admire the board but I'm wanting to see a bit more in football terms from them going forward.

Arch Stanton
23-09-2010, 05:12 PM

That's one possible explanation and what it boils down to is Hughes getting his excuses ready. Just the same as JC blaming the board for lack of finance when he left - I personally don't believe that was the reason, I think he just bottled it in the face of difficulties in overcoming player resistance.

I also suspect that Hughes too does not feel in control of the dressing room and his approach to that problem is to try and tough it out - this would certainly explain the claims of bullying.

However, Hibs have a decent turnover compared to most SPL clubs and also have an overly high wages to turnover ratio, so there is no way managers past or present have been short changed (with the exception of Williamson I guess, and probably a whole host of others but you know what I mean).

BEEJ
23-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Problems at Hibernian are unfortunately bigger than 'just' the manager.

I'll bet he cares about having lost out on a CIS QF tie at home to Rangers at the end of October.

jws1875
23-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Yogi is a tube ok he says the fans expectations are to high all we wanted was a win against inverness hamilton and killie and he thinks there to high if u ask me he must be high if he thinks we're asking for to much.

Woody1985
23-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Have you not read any other threads?!

E.T. is a Hibee
23-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Who cares that Yogi isnt the best wordsmith/communicator out there, he was given the job for his passion and knowledge of the game!

I for one like the guy and I hope the board dont listen to the so called fans who are calling for his head. We ask for character from our players in the face of adversity but when it comes to the point of the club asking for it from the support they are left wanting by certain parts.

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Jack
23-09-2010, 05:59 PM
:taxi

I wonder who this taxi might be for :bye:

Captain Trips
23-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Who cares that Yogi isnt the best wordsmith/communicator out there, he was given the job for his passion and knowledge of the game!

I for one like the guy and I hope the board dont listen to the so called fans who are calling for his head. We ask for character from our players in the face of adversity but when it comes to the point of the club asking for it from the support they are left wanting by certain parts.

Asked for the support weeks ago, months ago and still not got anywhere on the park, they have had plenty of support, the players need support is wheeled out during bad runs and the support is there and look, perfectly acceptable that "so called fans" feel that nothing we do now will make any difference.

SloopJB
23-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Yogi is a tube ok he says the fans expectations are to high all we wanted was a win against inverness hamilton and killie and he thinks there to high if u ask me he must be high if he thinks we're asking for to much.
John Hughes is correct, we are not good enough to win the games we may have won last season because the quality of player we have this year is lower.

Might have different if he had been able to buy in the transfer window but he couldn't and for all the right reasons.

so, we aren't good enough to say we should be beating other teams just because of who we are or because of who we used to be.

Dunkin' Donut
23-09-2010, 06:08 PM

absolute p!sh.

Sammy7nil
23-09-2010, 06:09 PM
If Yogi and Hibs were doing fine no one would notice his strong accent or fun use of the English Language.

But he aint doing well so the fact he cant articulate what he wants to say just adds to the fans annyonce.

However in reality it it matters not a jot how he speaks so long as the players can understand him.

Beefster
23-09-2010, 06:11 PM

I thought you wanted Craig Brown?

Part/Time Supporter
23-09-2010, 06:12 PM
It's another way of saying fans don't know what they're talking about. Refuge of the damned manager, sadly.

steakbake
23-09-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm glad this has been moved to another thread.

Patronise him all you like, he's still talkin pish.

E.T. is a Hibee
23-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I thought you wanted Craig Brown?

If Yogi was to get the bullet or was to leave then yes I would like to see Craig Brown, too right!

But Yogi is our manager and he should be given the time to work on the problems that the team are going through.

Dashing Bob S
23-09-2010, 06:18 PM
It's nothing to do with how Yogi speaks, its his management style - such as it is. Its been established if you shout at kids all the time, they become inexpressive, and risk aversive and unable to take praise. Adults in a working environment are same.

Encourage them, by all means, point out tactical features, but stop bawling them out and SHUT THE F*** UP for five minutes and let them get on with the game. Arguing with Hart, an experienced full-back, who knows the position, is just stupid, futile and wasteful. He, and especially poor De Graaf, must wonder WTF they've got themselves into.

Yes, there are obviously problems with training and attitude at Hibs, which have driven Collins, Mixu and now Yogi to despair. But if you're a manager, you find a way, and constantly berating players from the touchline then defending them to the media, is only making things worse.

I don't think Yogi can change, I don't think he can fix it, and I think he'll go.

Ironically, Stokes could be the man to put him to the sword.

E.T. is a Hibee
23-09-2010, 06:24 PM
It's nothing to do with how Yogi speaks, its his management style - such as it is. Its been established if you shout at kids all the time, they become inexpressive, and risk aversive and unable to take praise. Adults in a working environment are same.

Encourage them, by all means, point out tactical features, but stop bawling them out and SHUT THE F*** UP for five minutes and let them get on with the game. Arguing with Hart, an experienced full-back, who knows the position, is just stupid, futile and wasteful. He, and especially poor De Graaf, must wonder WTF they've got themselves into.

Yes, there are obviously problems with training and attitude at Hibs, which have driven Collins, Mixu and now Yogi to despair. But if you're a manager, you find a way, and constantly berating players from the touchline then defending them to the media, is only making things worse.

I don't think Yogi can change, I don't think he can fix it, and I think he'll go.

I agree with all that you have said and I do have a gut feeling that it is coming to the end of the road for him too but lets get behind him because if he fails it will not be through lack of effort from the guy.

Davy Mac
23-09-2010, 06:30 PM

Agreed, you don't always need fitba players to make a good team.

If he doesn't think his team is good enough then needs to make Hibs difficult to beat, a bit Millersque but it would steady the ship.

Finally he's coming across an insincere prick at the moment and somebody needs to have a word with him.

Cropley10
23-09-2010, 06:33 PM

Keep digging son. You're fooling no-one....tick tock.

Bad Martini
23-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Ah thinks, there's one of three things goan oan here:

1) The vast majority of us live in a radge, parallel universe where we are ALL collectively imagining Hibs being sheite since the start of the year and openly knowing the luck excuse canny be used forever.....

OR

2) There's a ****load of uncover yams onboard the good ship .net (which, reminds me, the yams - whae do they have in the next roond of the European Cup? the Diddy Intertattie thingymaboab? The ****y league cup naebody apparently wants???) ... just askin eh..

OR

3) Some folk are oan the finest Colombian crack money kin buy...

**** knows which it is and fur aw ah ken, it's maybes aw three.

But on Planet Earth where the Hibees play we're oot the cup, oot Europe, won **** all for months and dinny look to be changing the run of "luck" any time soon.

Mathinks ye makes yer ain luck. Aw were makin is a big pile of horsesheite and a pigs ear of things. In ma, most considered and ill-informed, non "fitba fowk" opinion mind.

That is, the end(of) ma point.:greengrin

New Corrie
23-09-2010, 07:47 PM
The way people on here speak about Yogi is shocking, Phecking internet heroes, i'd love to see you all say these things to his face (you'd **** yer pants). Who gives a pheck how he speaks??? The guy is hurting and yes, having a managerial mare, but he deserves a bit better than the continual personal abuse (bordering on hatred). Maybe he is out his depth and maybe it is time for him to go, but in the meantime, offer the guy a bit of support and stop abusing him.

If he was having a dig about the fan's football knowledge, then, if the forums are anything to go by, he's absolutely spot on. This is the place where they think Paul Hartley, Alan Hutton, Ian Murray, Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thomson are all sheite players:confused:Jim Leighton was a better keeper than Andy Goram:confused:Dougie Bell would make it into a Hibs worst XI and all teams that Hibs play against play hoofball.

Yogi is spot on

euro Hibby
23-09-2010, 08:22 PM
part and parcel with the job , goot times and bad times ! I don't believe Yogi is up for it. The fact that he is a Hibby makes it worse because you know he would want to do better. Fans watch alot of games , but they are not all stupid and they are entitles to their opinions. Ovbiously Yogi is not such a good communicator as the players don't do what he wants and the fans are sick of listening to him ! Thats his own fault......

Arch Stanton
23-09-2010, 09:08 PM
The way people on here speak about Yogi is shocking, Phecking internet heroes, i'd love to see you all say these things to his face (you'd **** yer pants). Who gives a pheck how he speaks??? The guy is hurting and yes, having a managerial mare, but he deserves a bit better than the continual personal abuse (bordering on hatred). Maybe he is out his depth and maybe it is time for him to go, but in the meantime, offer the guy a bit of support and stop abusing him.

If he was having a dig about the fan's football knowledge, then, if the forums are anything to go by, he's absolutely spot on. This is the place where they think Paul Hartley, Alan Hutton, Ian Murray, Barry Ferguson, Kevin Thomson are all sheite players:confused:Jim Leighton was a better keeper than Andy Goram:confused:Dougie Bell would make it into a Hibs worst XI and all teams that Hibs play against play hoofball.

Yogi is spot on

You are complaining about abuse in abusive terms - can you not see that you are as emotionally wound up as the rest of us about the situation. The content of your post is as erratic as the views you have chosen to represent hibs net

And why do you consider the idea of people being too scared to confront Hughes a plus point?

New Corrie
23-09-2010, 09:19 PM
You are complaining about abuse in abusive terms - can you not see that you are as emotionally wound up as the rest of us about the situation. The content of your post is as erratic as the views you have chosen to represent hibs net

And why do you consider the idea of people being too scared to confront Hughes a plus point?

I'm not being abusive, would just like to see all the experts and heroes on here say all these things to his face,

TornadoHibby
23-09-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm not being abusive, would just like to see all the experts and heroes on here say all these things to his face,

Why? :hmmm: :dunno:

What do you think such a face to face session between JH and some of the people you are referring to might achieve in a positive sense? :confused:

Crabit is right in that fans are suffering because the team is not and has not been performing well for months now and they (the fans) don't like it and they especially don't like the manager telling them in his post match interviews (usually) that only "football people understand what is behind the poor performances and lack of victories" when he patently does not understand how they (the fans) feel about all of this! :cool2:

Arch Stanton
23-09-2010, 09:28 PM

I suspect that little fantasy wouldn't play out in the way you anticipate.

And even if you didn't intend it to be your post was indeed abusive.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Why? :hmmm: :dunno:

What do you think such a face to face session between JH and some of the people you are referring to might achieve in a positive sense? :confused:

Crabit is right in that fans are suffering because the team is not and has not been performing well for months now and they (the fans) don't like it and they especially don't like the manager telling them in his post match interviews (usually) that only "football people understand what is behind the poor performances and lack of victories" when he patently does not understand how they (the fans) feel about all of this! :cool2:

Hughes says it all comes with the job, and he specifically asked the fans to boo him. Well they have and he's now hitting back at those very fans, he's digging his own grave.

New Corrie
23-09-2010, 09:40 PM
I suspect that little fantasy wouldn't play out in the way you anticipate.

And even if you didn't intend it to be your post was indeed abusive.

It's not me who's mocking a fellow Hibs man because of the way he speaks, and implying that he's apparantly thick! Just think he deserves better, that's all.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Hughes says it all comes with the job, and he specifically asked the fans to boo him. Well they have and he's now hitting back at those very fans, he's digging his own grave.

On the point about booing, thats about 4 games on the bounce the Hibs fans have booed our players/manager. No matter how bad things are thats ****y in the extreme.

Very poor show.

bingo70
23-09-2010, 09:45 PM
On the point about booing, thats about 4 games on the bounce the Hibs fans have booed our players/manager. No matter how bad things are thats ****y in the extreme.

Very poor show.

we've not booed them onto the pitch, the pish performance has come before the booing.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-09-2010, 09:54 PM
we've not booed them onto the pitch, the pish performance has come before the booing.

Doesn't change my view on the matter to be honest, booing our own team is extremely ****y

bingo70
23-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Doesn't change my view on the matter to be honest, booing our own team is extremely ****y

fair enough, i actually agree with you so don't know why i'm defending it, must just be in one of those moods :greengrin

Although, i think booing them after the game is fair play.

Arch Stanton
24-09-2010, 08:41 AM
It's not me who's mocking a fellow Hibs man because of the way he speaks, and implying that he's apparantly thick! Just think he deserves better, that's all.

If Hughes spoke like this I'd listen to him all day-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkAmJ_N4m0

(and I don't mean with a weegie accent either)

New Corrie
24-09-2010, 12:39 PM
If Hughes spoke like this I'd listen to him all day-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkAmJ_N4m0

(and I don't mean with a weegie accent either)

That's outstanding, likewise, could listen to that all day.

KerPlunk
24-09-2010, 12:47 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/sep/24/john-hughes-hibernian-manager

Anto the Hibernian
24-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Yogi is spot on

Spot on CG

TornadoHibby
24-09-2010, 01:17 PM

Spot on CG

Some of you guys need to settle down a fair bit and accept what people say without trying to make something else of it IMO! :cool2:

God, I'm not being serious re: his accent. How he speaks makes absolutely no difference - it's WHAT he speaks, time and time and time again that does my head in.

This has always been the point on this thread but far too many people have assumed that some people are "knocking" Yogi for speaking in the way he does and implying that those people are suggesting he is "stupid" as a result! :grr:

Not the case IMO and people should try and read things for what they are rather than making "pet theories" about what things "might" mean IMO! :agree: :cool2:

Speedway
24-09-2010, 01:22 PM
When you really analyse Yogi's interviews you find yourself asking only one question:

Was George McCluskey or Steve Cowan the better striker at Hibs?

Anto the Hibernian
24-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Some of you guys need to settle down a fair bit and accept what people say without trying to make something else of it IMO! :cool2:

The title & tone of this thread would not be out of place on JKB. That says it all for me.

I accept what people say - I just think some of the hysterical vitriolic abuse for OUR manager is quite shocking and a sad reflection on our 'support'

The same support ( & some of the same posters :wink:) who were shouting from the rooftops for Jay Shields to replace Steven Whitaker at right back & that Gary Caldwell wasn't good enough for Hibs & were lucky to be shot of him.

A ken whit's gawn oan cos me & yogi are cut fae da same cloth ken