PDA

View Full Version : Question Papering cracks?

Jim44
23-09-2010, 06:15 AM
It seems quite clear that the vast majority accept that Hughes has to be sacked. The only question is 'when'. If he is still with us at the weekend, will any sort of result at Parkhead do the unthinkable and give Hughes a stay of execution. Personally, I would get rid of him before the game but certainly immediately after it, irrespective of the result.

IWasThere2016
23-09-2010, 06:45 AM
The manner of any defeat will be key. A bit of fight, a decent display, a goal and he'll not be away. An inept pumping and ...

Hibby 2005
23-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I would expect Celtic to win by at least 3 clear goals.

sambajustice
23-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Hughes is taking us down, no doubt about it! He has to go! A 9-0 pumping from ra tic should seal the deal!

Wilson
23-09-2010, 08:28 AM
We wont get any joy from celtic. Don't worry about that! We are a shambles. Every game from now is a countdown to the inevitable. Yogi must go.

erskine-hibby
23-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Can't see any cracks

Only a glaring chasm:bitchy:

Expecting Rain
23-09-2010, 08:49 AM
After going out of europe early, last nights game was as important for its financial implications as well as morale, a home tie against either of the Old Firm at Easter Road would have been rewarding, we`ve now failed to beat St Mirren,Inverness,Hamilton and Kilmarnock, we`re going nowhere fast, as Erskine says there are no more cracks to paper over.:boo hoo:

Franck is God
23-09-2010, 08:30 PM
It seems quite clear that the vast majority accept that Hughes has to be sacked. The only question is 'when'.

I assume that you personally asked every Hibs fan their opinion to make a statement like this?

I for one do not agree and I'd rather you didn't include me in your 'vast majority'

M11BMO
23-09-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm sure that "vast majority" leaves space for the few others like yourself to not be included in the OP view.

"Vast Majority" for me!

sesoim
23-09-2010, 09:24 PM
It would just be typical if we scraped a 1-1 draw. Hughes would then keep his job until the Hearts game, where we get humiliated 4-0.

We need to get rid of him now. And no mucking about taking a month to get a new manager Petrie - you've done that a few times now and it hasn't made a bit of difference. Petrie must know it is only a matter of time so hopefully he has a guy lined up to take straight over this time.

With the right guy in charge we could still easily finish third this season, as none of our rivals are pulling away....yet.

mcaitchi
23-09-2010, 09:30 PM
THINK, im going to get odds on "Stokes" scoring a hat trick at the weekend ???

coz i reckon he will actually score 1 or 4 ... :bitchy::grr::boo hoo:

Alfred E Newman
23-09-2010, 09:37 PM
It would just be typical if we scraped a 1-1 draw. Hughes would then keep his job until the Hearts game, where we get humiliated 4-0.

We need to get rid of him now. And no mucking about taking a month to get a new manager Petrie - you've done that a few times now and it hasn't made a bit of difference. Petrie must know it is only a matter of time so hopefully he has a guy lined up to take straight over this time.

With the right guy in charge we could still easily finish third this season, as none of our rivals are pulling away....yet.
Unfortunately any successor to Hughes is going to be lumbered with a squad that is as poor as we have had in recent times.

mcaitchi
23-09-2010, 09:41 PM
[/B]
Unfortunately any successor to Hughes is going to be lumbered with a squad that is as poor as we have had in recent times.

Damn - i really wish i could argue with that comment !!!! :grr:

SRHibs
23-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I assume that you personally asked every Hibs fan their opinion to make a statement like this?

I for one do not agree and I'd rather you didn't include me in your 'vast majority'
Have you not seen the poll? 90%+ want him out. That seems like a vast majority to me.

Anyway, unless we get a result whilst playing some cracking football, I think he should be sacked.

gillythehibby
23-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I have to agree in most part that all looks bleak for Yogi at this time. What I don't agree with is the response from So-called fans who abused him at the final whistle last night. Before anyone says this comes with the territory, b*****ks. I would like to think we as Hibs fans would treat one of our own a bit better and all who were involved should hang their heads. There are other ways to show our displeasure. Granted, the results are not coming for us. But who will do better ? who can we genuinely afford to make us better? There is no magic wand. I think we should leave out the abusive chanting and support the team. Leave it to the board to sack the manager if they choose to do so. maybe they need to take a look at themselves and ask whether they are doing enough to produce the goods for quality players that will push us forward? As I say, no magic wand. It's never easy supporting the Hibs and never has been.

LeithBoozy
23-09-2010, 10:31 PM
Yogi's attempt at a joke according to David Hardie at the post-match press conference,but few were laughing. How can he make jokes the state we are in.?:confused:

yekimevol
23-09-2010, 11:30 PM
[/B]

i would prefer a new manager now so that he can see what we have now and then bring in the right players in the january window and not panic buy

AgentDaleCooper
24-09-2010, 01:55 AM
[/B]

have to say i don't really agree about the squad - compared with some of the teams mixu fielded i don't think it's that bad. our keepers are all decent, just lacking confidence, we have an ivory coast international centre back, ian murray and hanlon hanlon get pass marks too, i've not seen dickoh and grounds but sounds like they've done all right (could be wrong there :dunno: )
spoony, zemamma, miller and mcbride all have undoubted ability, again confidence seems to be the issue. duffy could end up doing well, nish is fine for back up, no idea about the lithuanian - and finally in deeks we have one of the most gifted forwards in the league.

IMO, if this squad had confidence and decent guidance we'd be doing pretty damn well.

Sprouleflyer
24-09-2010, 07:02 AM
THINK, im going to get odds on "Stokes" scoring a hat trick at the weekend ???

coz i reckon he will actually score 1 or 4 ... :bitchy::grr::boo hoo:

Whats the point of getting odds on Stokes scoring a hat-trick if you think he will either score 1 or 4????

Jim44
24-09-2010, 08:48 AM
have to say i don't really agree about the squad - compared with some of the teams mixu fielded i don't think it's that bad. our keepers are all decent, just lacking confidence, we have an ivory coast international centre back, ian murray and hanlon hanlon get pass marks too, i've not seen dickoh and grounds but sounds like they've done all right (could be wrong there :dunno: )
spoony, zemamma, miller and mcbride all have undoubted ability, again confidence seems to be the issue. duffy could end up doing well, nish is fine for back up, no idea about the lithuanian - and finally in deeks we have one of the most gifted forwards in the league.

IMO, if this squad had confidence and decent guidance we'd be doing pretty damn well.

It's difficult for players to be confident when they're being led by a buffoon who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. His alleged bullying doesn't help either.

Just Jimmy
24-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Whats the point of getting odds on Stokes scoring a hat-trick if you think he will either score 1 or 4????

if he gets 4 they will pay out on a hatrick...

Sprouleflyer
24-09-2010, 11:04 AM
if he gets 4 they will pay out on a hatrick...

Come to think about it, that does make sense.
Sorry mcaitchi, your logic is better than my betting knowledge. However I would put money on Stokes to score 2!!!:greengrin

Aldo
24-09-2010, 12:12 PM
We have been on the downward spiral since xmas last season.....

I cannot really see why he his still here and managing the club....we will without a doubt get a hammering tomorrow (4-0) and will be overrun. I like everyone else on this board does not like our team getting beat and I am usually quite upbeat about certain games.

Hughes doesnt have a clue and TBH never had a clue...he has had loads of time to identify players...especially CH's yet he waits and waits until the last minute.
Tactically inept, no management skills and likes to shout at wee boys who are scared to shout back.

I for one hope saturday will be the last time he manages the club. We need someone in with no ties to the club and with a bit of experience. Someone like Chris Coleman, Alan pardew (dreaming I know).

We have 14 or so players out of contract at the end of the season and for me just about all of them can go (not deek though). A fresh start with a new man at the helm. We have had all pre season to gel as a team and we are just a bunch of individuals running about not playing as a team.

Hughes cannot see how bad we are cos his ego and his head are that far up his own backside.

I didnt want him as manager but backed the decision and supported the team as I do but even is enough.

O and FWIW we dont have enough wallpaper to cover the massive crack.

AgentDaleCooper
24-09-2010, 04:03 PM
It's difficult for players to be confident when they're being led by a buffoon who doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. His alleged bullying doesn't help either.

i completely agree with this, my point was simply that we have decent quality in our squad that most managers would be quite happy to inherit :dunno: