PDA

View Full Version : Yogi must go (merged threads)

KiddA
22-09-2010, 08:33 PM
When are they going to sack him? this is getting beyond a joke now.

If they drag this on any further we will be in even deeper S##T than we can imagine.

andrew_dundee
22-09-2010, 08:34 PM
we have just been pumped by a team who are managed by Mixu, how do you come back from that? is it a resignation tomorrow? for the first time yet i really hope so...

bighairyfaeleith
22-09-2010, 08:35 PM
no, if the fans would just get behind the team then it would all be ok!!:grr:

Fat Stu
22-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Hibs fan since birth, season ticket for the past 6 years and many before that and I no longer care about hibs result, all thanks to you.

If you care as much about about hibs as you say you do please go, as i will not be back until then.

bighairyfaeleith
22-09-2010, 08:36 PM
had a few similar txts tonight, can't find any reason to disagree:boo hoo:

macca70
Please, please Yogi, do the decent thing and walk away.

Completely clueless, 4 centre midfielders across the midfield.

What he see's in De Graaf is beyond me.

Why persist with the big lump that is Nishy and not give the Lithuanian dude a start up front?

Let's get someone else in whilst we are still in touching distance of 3rd. Persist with Yogi any longer and 3rd will be far away in the distance and we'll be resigned to bottom 6 for remainder of the season!!

andrew_dundee

thats what i would have said until now, we were just beaten by an average Killie side who are managed by Mixu, i'll repeat that name for anyone in doubt: MIXU

Saorsa
22-09-2010, 08:37 PM
we have just been pumped by a team who are managed by Mixu, how do you come back from that? is it a resignation tomorrow? for the first time yet i really hope so...It's long past the final straw, he should already be gone :taxi :bye:

bighairyfaeleith
22-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Petrie will find a way of puersading him:wink:

CB_NO3
22-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Hibs fan since birth, season ticket for the past 6 years and many before that and I no longer care about hibs result, all thanks to you.

If you care as much about about hibs as you say you do please go, as i will not be back until then.
Ill second that, I used to feel guilty about missing a game Home or Away, I have probably only missed 15 over the last 4 of 5 year and this season I have only been to 2, obviously money is an issue but I would always make an effort to get to a game even if it made me skint for a week. Now I am loosing interest big time, he has to go.

ozzie
i cant bring myself to say i dont care but i cant be bothered bothering about the result. i would have liked to have still been in the cup but it would have just papered over the cracks a little.

Green_one
No way will he jump

He thinks he is doing a good job

Its our fault for thinking we should win

Sprouleflyer
22-09-2010, 08:40 PM
we have just been pumped by a team who are managed by Mixu, how do you come back from that? is it a resignation tomorrow? for the first time yet i really hope so...

The final straw came for me a few weeks ago, time for Yogi to go.

Last 3 games, 1 nil up and we can't hold onto the lead and all against bottom six teams, who along with us if Yogi stays will be fighting relegation.

The problem is, I can't see Yogi resigning, he has been in this postion many times with Falkirk.

Time for the board to grow some balls!!!

truehibernian
22-09-2010, 08:40 PM
He will be sacked tomorrow IMHO.

Liam89
22-09-2010, 08:41 PM
As other posters in this thread have said, i am no longer caring if we go up 1 - 0 early. I know what will happen, we will bottle it and end up losing 2 - 1 or higher.

Kaiser1962
22-09-2010, 08:42 PM
well we got rid of Mixu and got Yogi.

Now we want rid of Yogi so who's next?

Fantic
22-09-2010, 08:45 PM
He will still get to xmas but if he can't turn it round he'll be off. imo of course.

to summarise:

:taxi for Yogi at xmas (unless he can turn it round)

snowman
Never made it to the game tonight, but I still think Yogi can turn things around. The players are not playing to their capacity. Yogi has made some great signings over the last 12 months. People like Miller and Bamba are playing well below their best. When they and others get going, so will we. I hope Yogi is still around by then, but the way the fans are going on, he has already left 8-(

noz
totally agree, I was hoping we would lose tonight. I never thought I would say it but it's the only way to progress is to get him out.

With JC, I thought he would have been a good manager, but his signings werent great. With Yogi, his signings have been better, but he can't manage!

I think TM was good but blessed with a good crop of players at the time.

Get someone in with experience, the guy's not up to it, end of.....:bye:

SouthamptonHibs
looking forward to around 12pm tomorrow...as the news comes out of easter road the yogi has resigned!
His grand plan has failed............... he is mince properly the worst manager we've ever had!!! Well hard to beat Duffy but he's starting to get near him now...
Mixu was better, JC was better, bobby was better, Sauzee would have came good given the time. Mcleish was better, Miller was better

I'm afraid to say Yogi started well and has got worse, 4 wins in 20 odd games not good enough!! With the players he has in the squad we should be better, not sure what we do at training all day at east mains, maybe we should go back to training at wardie or pinky!

:grr:

Gala Foxes
22-09-2010, 08:46 PM
saddest thing is result was no surprise - we fall a goal behind and yet again there is an inability to change tactics and recover the game, the story of the last 10 months, gubbed by teams that we should be able to compete with & beat - accies, saint johnstone/mirren, killie, ross county

Hibs90
22-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Serious question here, is it just this message board that wants him to go? Or do we think pretty much every Hibs fan and his dog do?

Seems to me that everything has been blown up a little bit. In saying that I do think he should but I don't think he will.

AugustaHibs
22-09-2010, 08:50 PM
It's time to go says me.:agree::bye:

ionahibby
22-09-2010, 08:51 PM
I'd be very surprised if the board sack hughes , is he not on a 3 year contract that would mean plenty of dough due yogi's way unless he resigns of course but i can't see him doing that either!

McKenzie
YES! LITERALLY NOW!:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi:taxi

Matty_Jack04
This manager is single handly ripping the club to bits....how?

supporters are giving up

players from a hugely succesful youth team have had no 1st team exposure and are turning out for other clubs (Loaned out) but he takes Sir Alex's praise like he's scotlands answer to arsene wenger

Galbraith even tho his recent subs appearences have showed he has what it takes and what we need is not getting a run in the team

HE decided to change the pitch dimensions for this season at Easter Road yet we have NO width what so ever (could this be 1 of the reasons of a poor start to life at the new easter road)

His media appearences make Gordon Strachan look like Stephen Hawkins so cringeworthy its embarrasing

Boo'ing after games he takes it upon himself to state in the media that we should Boo him not the players news for you John this is a team game ur getting boo'd as much as anyone else

If the board don't act now we are in real trouble, im afraid that theyl persist and that only the lack of bums on seats are going to force them into action, its time we made the proper investments to the team (starting with the compo for yogis 2 year contract)

Rant Over!:grr:

CB_NO3
22-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Serious question here, is it just this message board that wants him to go? Or do we think pretty much every Hibs fan and his dog do?

Seems to me that everything has been blown up a little bit. In saying that I do think he should but I don't think he will.
My bro just txt me saying lots of fans chanting Yogi GTF at full time.

Littlest Hobo
22-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Maybe he should bring back Hogg?:rolleyes::offski:

The Voice Of Reason
22-09-2010, 08:55 PM
My bro just txt me saying lots of fans chanting Yogi GTF at full time.

First time that has happened I think ?

Baader
22-09-2010, 08:56 PM
We are going backwards. That's what worrying. Yogi has improved the squad, I've no doubt about that but it just is not working out.

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2010, 08:56 PM
HE decided to change the pitch dimensions for this season at Easter Road yet we have NO width what so ever (could this be 1 of the reasons of a poor start to life at the new easter road)

did he ? :confused: i have a feeling it's to comply with uefa regulations :greengrin

HFC 0-7
22-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Hibs last 26 competative games under yogi has brought: -

4 Wins
6 Draws
16 Losses
34 Goals For
57 Goals Against

Yogi has brought in 4 defenders at the start of this season and we are still leaking goals, either the tactics for these players are wrong or the players are rotten, either way its the managers fault.

We keep talking about the managers budget might not be as good as we think it is and he might be struggling to get the best players in. I would imagine we have a better budget than ICT, St Mirren, Hamilton and kilmarnock yet we cant win against them.

Sir David Gray
He will be sacked tomorrow IMHO.

I honestly can't see it to be honest. He won't be sacked after the inevitable defeat at Parkhead on Saturday either, so you're probably looking to the St Johnstone game the week after before the board will decide to act.

HUTCHYHIBBY
Ive never been so disinterested! Struggled to raise a smile last night, struggling to give a Donald Duck tonight, apart from saying Yogi - GTF!
Ive enjoyed good trips to Maribor, Carlisle and B'Pool this season, nothing to do with the games that were being played tho, which is a sad reflection of whats going on.

PISTOL1875
Surely this is the time.. A defeat on Saturday would defo be the last straw...

Sir David Gray
22-09-2010, 09:00 PM

I would say that there's a very large percentage of Hibs fans who now wish to see a change of manager.

cabbageandribs1875
22-09-2010, 09:00 PM
punches being thrown in the dressing room afterwards according to the BBC

Sir David Gray
22-09-2010, 09:02 PM

:bitchy: Dearie me.

It's pretty embarrassing stuff.

Hibs90
22-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Hopefully teh players have lamped Yogi.

Alfred E Newman
22-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Thankfully I didn`t make the long journey tonight so I can`t really comment on the performance but I have to say that it is no surprise that we lost. The lack of confidence throughout the whole playing staff is there for all to see and it is hard to see any way Yogi is going to turn this round and , given the next couple of fixtures, it is highly likely we will be bottom of the league very shortly.
The squad looks poorer and poorer by the day and the board will have to act quickly before the decline becomes terminal. Yes it will cost money to get rid of him but the cost of letting him stay could be even more.

snowman
22-09-2010, 09:04 PM

I bet De Graaf missed!

jamesjamieson
22-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Apparently Yogi has said after the game that the team rolled their sleeves up and gave it a right good go tonight, just didn't get the breaks. He's asked the fans to remember the miraculous job he did last season getting Hibs into Europe and said the fans' expectations are too high.

persevere1875
22-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I bet De Graaf missed!

:faf:

Not a funny situation but still funny

Woody70x2
22-09-2010, 09:09 PM
looking forward to around 12pm tomorrow...as the news comes out of easter road the yogi has resigned!
His grand plan has failed............... he is mince properly the worst manager we've ever had!!! Well hard to beat Duffy but he's starting to get near him now...
Mixu was better, JC was better, bobby was better, Sauzee would have came good given the time. Mcleish was better, Miller was better

I'm afraid to say Yogi started well and has got worse, 4 wins in 20 odd games not good enough!! With the players he has in the squad we should be better, not sure what we do at training all day at east mains, maybe we should go back to training at wardie or pinky!

:grr:

Mowbray - 108 games - 48.15% won
McLeish - 164 games - 46.95% won
John Collins -52 games - 42.60% won
John Hughes - 44 games - 40.91% won
Williamson - 93 games - 36.56% won
Miller - 453 games - 34.88% won
Mixu - 62 games - 30.65% won
Jim Duffy -46 games - 17.39% won

I hear 4 wins in 26 games being quoted - 15.38% won.

RELEGATION FORM... PETRIE - PLEASE ADDRESS NOW

woody47
22-09-2010, 09:12 PM
I assume the two "stay" votes are from yams.
Never wanted Yogi in the first place. Even more is the fact that Falkirk couldn't get rid of him fast enough. wonder why???????????????
All this cr@p about him being a good Hibbee really does my nut in. I couldn't care less what team the manager supported as long as he did his job properly.
So if Yogi really, REALLY cares about Hibs he should be man enough to hand in his resignation NOW!!!!:bye::bye::bye:

Sir David Gray
22-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I don't see what difference the result on Saturday makes to whether people think he should go or not.

IMO we will be annihilated at Parkhead on Saturday, I would predict a similar scoreline to the result that Celtic got tonight.

That will happen regardless of whether John Hughes is in the dugout on Saturday or not. Again IMO.

If people don't think he should go tonight, they must surely wait until after the St Johnstone match.

Robinho08
22-09-2010, 09:40 PM
One would assume the 5 that voted stay are Yams. lol

RickyS
22-09-2010, 09:50 PM
I'd be very surprised if the board sack hughes , is he not on a 3 year contract that would mean plenty of dough due yogi's way unless he resigns of course but i can't see him doing that either!

but it is us who are wrong don't you know! Yogi told us in his interview that "real" football men know whats going on. in fact that is a question that should be put to Yogi. So John for the benefit of the unreal football men in the Hibs support can I ask, what the **** IS going on?

Franck Stanton
22-09-2010, 09:57 PM
First time that has happened I think ?

No it's not, large sections of the East were shouting/chanting it on Sat v Accies. He really should grasp the nettle and resign. Anything further on the news that the players were fighting each other in dressing room after the game tonight ?

SouthamptonHibs
22-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Mowbray - 108 games - 48.15% won
McLeish - 164 games - 46.95% won
John Collins -52 games - 42.60% won
John Hughes - 44 games - 40.91% won
Williamson - 93 games - 36.56% won
Miller - 453 games - 34.88% won
Mixu - 62 games - 30.65% won
Jim Duffy -46 games - 17.39% won

I hear 4 wins in 26 games being quoted - 15.38% won.

RELEGATION FORM... PETRIE - PLEASE ADDRESS NOW

Thanks for the stats, that 15.38% looks worrying i think that will get lower as we have a very tough run of games coming up before we pass the 1st round of fixtures!
hopefully i'm wrong!

lucky
22-09-2010, 10:14 PM
I voted Go. The results he has had in the last year have been shocking 4 wins not good enough. 6 of us go the games together Im the only .netter but they want him to go to. It is his lack of vision about the game which is his biggest fault. Bye Bye Yogi

LancsHibs
22-09-2010, 10:35 PM
Have always tried to back the managers we have had, including Yogi, but enough is enough. Have not felt so low being a Hibs fan for a long time.
Yogi, please go!!!!

(((Fergus)))
22-09-2010, 10:37 PM
This is what Hughes' stats look like

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q191/secallen/untitled-6.jpg

Green- win
Yellow - draw
Red - lose

What happened in early February 2010 to turn that decent run of victories into the current run of defeats?

Expecting Rain
22-09-2010, 10:53 PM
I can totally understand the criticism but not the insults directed at the manager, unfortunately and sadly the only person that believes in Yogi at the moment is Yogi, he now looks set to join a long list of Ex-Hibs players that have found the job too hard to handle, it is time we looked to somebody with experience to steady the ship and give us a platform on which to build, perhaps that guy might be someone like Craig Brown.

IFONLY
22-09-2010, 11:09 PM
totally agree, I was hoping we would lose tonight. I never thought I would say it but it's the only way to progress is to get him out.

With JC, I thought he would have been a good manager, but his signings werent great. With Yogi, his signings have been better, but he can't manage!

I think TM was good but blessed with a good crop of players at the time.

Get someone in with experience, the guy's not up to it, end of.....:bye:

Cant be bothered our even try to understand any Hibs supporter worth their salt wanting the team to lose no matter what reasons they give never a supporter in my opinion

NOLA
22-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Hughes wont quit, not in his nature to admit defeat, The Board need to step up to the plate now and bite the bullet, if he goes, who takes the team on a temp basis? Gareth Evans or Alistair Stevenson?

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Cant be bothered our even try to understand any Hibs supporter worth their salt wanting the team to lose no matter what reasons they give never a supporter in my opinion

Uberfan alert...... (sorry Tam, always wanted to call someone else an Uberfan)......:greengrin

J-C
22-09-2010, 11:49 PM
After bringing in umpteen players in the summer and losing the top scorer to the smellies, I thought I'd give Yogi till at least Christmas to show us something other than dross so far offered, I can now say it's time to go. If he doesn't, then relegation looks more and more likely as he looks to have lost the dressing room and now the fans as well. Like Mixu, he gave it go but the job was too big for him also, it's surely time for a manager without a Hibs connection and with more than 4 years managerial experience.

GreenCastle
23-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Total joke of a club right now.

Scottish football is a mess and Hibs are making themselves look even worse in a poor league.

Yogi must go - the club is losing it's core support by the day.

Bring someone in who is related to the club - someone who will have no favorites and has a basic understanding of football and tactics.

Sort it HIBS before it gets even worse!!!1 :grr:

Steve20
23-09-2010, 06:29 AM
He should go, but he wont.

basehibby
23-09-2010, 09:18 AM
In the last poll of this type I was saying to give Hughes up to the end of the first round of fixtures to prove himself. Now though, even though I was half expecting last night's defeat (tricky away cup tie vs SPL side - never easy) I'm finding it harder and harder to justify keeping him on any longer.

Reasons:
Yet another early lead surrendered
From what I'm hearing, yet another game in which we seem to have been out-fought and out-thought by a side expected to finish in the bottom 6.
Yet another early cup exit to less than terrifying oposition

If the team had gone down fighting or were very unlucky then you could write off last night's result, but from most reports it sounds like Killie were well worth their win (anyone that was there can correct me if I'm wrong). Still though, given the nature of cup competitions I'm going to put that defeat to one side for now - but as of now he's on a dogs life for me. There may be new players to bed in but that goes for every side and the rot's got to stop somewhere.

So, for me, any really embarassing horsings away to Celtic or St Johnstone and he should go - failure to beat Killie at home - he should go. Even if he manages to steer the side through these fixtures relatively unscathed then he'll still have it all to prove against Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and the Yams.

It's a tough ask but one of his own making and I'm well aware I'll be in the minority on here in even affording him that chance - I wonder whether Petrie and Lindsay will see it the same cos that's what really matters when push comes to shove.

MacBean
23-09-2010, 09:34 AM

Easier said (or typed) than done ATM

Antifa Hibs
23-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Hughes wont quit, not in his nature to admit defeat, The Board need to step up to the plate now and bite the bullet, if he goes, who takes the team on a temp basis? Gareth Evans or Alistair Stevenson?

Course its not in his nature. If he quits he won't get a penny. If he gets sacked he'll pocket about £50k for nout. Only way Hughes will go is if he gets punted from the Hibs board.

Cropley10
23-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Course its not in his nature. If he quits he won't get a penny. If he gets sacked he'll pocket about £50k for nout. Only way Hughes will go is if he gets punted from the Hibs board.

I don't think Hughes will be sacked. Bottom line for me is Petrie doesn't really care about the football on the park or results. He cares about income. He has my ST money in the Bank. Sacking Hughes will cost money and he wont walk out either.

I've already said to my lad things will have to get a lot worse - a lot, lot, worse - before they get better. Dark, dark days - we can spin this however we like but flogging Stokes and bringing in a bunch of nobodies isn't my idea of how to run a football club.

When you think of the drain in talent we've had out of ER since TM and how proud some people are of our financial position - whatever that means - it makes me wonder what the point of all this is.

Petrie has done a fine job of rescuing us from the mess he helped get us into. His work is done - time for him to leave with the next manager. In most other jobs is hiring record would be severely under the spotlight.

IMHO - Petrie and Hughes BOTH need to go!:grr:

Phil MaGlass
23-09-2010, 11:06 AM
This manager is single handly ripping the club to bits....how?

supporters are giving up

players from a hugely succesful youth team have had no 1st team exposure and are turning out for other clubs (Loaned out) but he takes Sir Alex's praise like he's scotlands answer to arsene wenger

Galbraith even tho his recent subs appearences have showed he has what it takes and what we need is not getting a run in the team

His media appearences make Gordon Strachan look like Stephen Hawkins so cringeworthy its embarrasing

Boo'ing after games he takes it upon himself to state in the media that we should Boo him not the players news for you John this is a team game ur getting boo'd as much as anyone else

If the board don't act now we are in real trouble, im afraid that theyl persist and that only the lack of bums on seats are going to force them into action, its time we made the proper investments to the team (starting with the compo for yogis 2 year contract)

I agree on everything you have said, especially the part about the pitch dimensions, I was saying it right at the beginning of the season(1st home game v buns). we have a wide open pitch but we dont have the setup to use it, f,n criminal so it is. Most play up the middle WTF. If were playing up the middle then make the bluddy pitch smaller.

Phil MaGlass
23-09-2010, 11:09 AM
IMHO - Petrie and Hughes BOTH need to go!:grr:

Mibbe thats it, the more flak Petrie gets, the quicker he horses Hughes out the door? Mibbe a get rid of Petrie thread is needed. (unless its awready there) Hibby 2005...yir an er5e.

Broken Gnome
23-09-2010, 11:21 AM
I don't think Hughes will be sacked. Bottom line for me is Petrie doesn't really care about the football on the park or results. He cares about income. He has my ST money in the Bank. Sacking Hughes will cost money and he wont walk out either.

Nonsense. Given the income is directly related to what's on the park (the rapidly falling attendances we're about to witness....) then football matters mean a lot to Petrie.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Can't believe he is still our manager, I would have thought Petrie might have called an emergency board meeting and dumped by now, next home game Rod? you'll be lucky to get 9.0000....think about it

:wink:

Speedway
23-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Duffy was given until February....

CyberSauzee
23-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Guess who's favourite with Paddy Power to be the first SPL manager to leave...

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/scottish-premier/scottish-premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

basehibby
23-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Can't believe he is still our manager, I would have thought Petrie might have called an emergency board meeting and dumped by now, next home game Rod? you'll be lucky to get 9.0000....think about it

:confused: Whatdye mean??? Surely after the stunning victories at Celtic and McDairmid Park the punters will be absolutely battering the doors down to get in! :bitchy:

delbert
23-09-2010, 01:35 PM
If Hughes is still in charge, there certainly will be stunning victories at Celtic Park and McDiarmid Park........for both Celtic and St. Johnstone !!

ScottB
23-09-2010, 01:56 PM
I was half expecting to see that he'd gone today but I'm guessing not!

Sir David Gray
23-09-2010, 02:02 PM
There was no way he was going to be sacked today and he won't be sacked after the Celtic game either (unless we happen to lose about 8-0).

If we lose to St Johnstone as well, though, I don't believe he will be in the dugout, the next time we play at Easter Road, against Kilmarnock on October 16th.

Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2010, 02:04 PM

9.0000 so that is 9 then, I think we will get more than that to be honest :greengrin

lucky
23-09-2010, 02:34 PM
Regardless how many turn up against killie he should be sacked

freddie m
23-09-2010, 03:30 PM

I'll be one of the 9 no matter the results from the next 2 games or whether JH is there or not.:agree:
Glory glory:flag::flag:

Westie1875
23-09-2010, 03:36 PM
He should be gone by now imo, it is only going to get worse.

Phil MaGlass
23-09-2010, 03:39 PM
There was no way he was going to be sacked today and he won't be sacked after the Celtic game either (unless we happen to lose about 8-0).

If we lose to St Johnstone as well, though, I don't believe he will be in the dugout, the next time we play at Easter Road, against Kilmarnock on October 16th.

I think there are a few on here willing the 8-0 to happen. Not saying if Im one of them or not???

Wee Kev
23-09-2010, 04:23 PM
I have been checking up on some stats since xmas 27/12/09 there has been 81 league points up for grabs including the 5 league games so far this season in this time he as manager has picked up 27 points (7 wins & six draws). Then there is the
cup competion's a draw at home in the scottish cup to Ross County then a defeat in the replay,then rogered in the Europa League home & away by Maribor
then last night's defeat in the league cup to Killie.
Im afraid this is just not good enough by any manager's standards he should do the right thing and RESIGN now if he truly loves his boyhood club like he says he does.

stokesmessiah
23-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I have been checking up on some stats since xmas 27/12/09 there has been 81 league points up for grabs including the 5 league games so far this season in this time he as manager has picked up 27 points (7 wins & six draws). Then there is the
cup competion's a draw at home in the scottish cup to Ross County then a defeat in the replay,then rogered in the Europa League home & away by Maribor
Im afraid this is just not good enough by any manager's standards he should do the right thing and RESIGN now if he truly loves his boyhood club like he says he does.

Will never happen IMO. Walking away from 2 years wages?

Cropley10
23-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Lets hope there's room in that taxi for Mr Petrie too.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2010, 04:28 PM

Is that true? Well that fairly crept up on me without me noticing it.

Wilson
23-09-2010, 04:39 PM

The board have to weigh that up against what he will cost us if he stays...

I don't expect they will be swift and decisive on the matter - they are too tight for that. These results cannot stand though so their hand will be forced eventually.

Wee Kev
23-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Is that true? Well that fairly crept up on me without me noticing it.

Just stating the facts blackpoolhibs maybe you think it is a good record i dont think he is fit to manage our great club anymore.

Golden Bear
23-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Lets hope there's room in that taxi for Mr Petrie too.

If you're looking for someone to blame other than Yogi then I suggest you start with the over-rated and vastly overpaid "football" players that are on the books.

Broken Gnome
23-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Out of interest, where does this 26 games figure take us back to? 0-3 at Ibrox last year? Includes the Maribor games?

woodyloon
23-09-2010, 05:33 PM
As we can all see it's just not working for Yogi, and I am really worried it will drag on too long until any decision is made, firstly I would be very surprised now a days if any manager/coach would walk away from the job if they are on a contract, even if they did know it was not working. There is two much settlment money available to allow common sense to be an issue, so that leaves it to the guys who appointed the manager to stand up and make the hard decisions.

I appreciate that there is not any natural successor in the frame, but again IMO I think we should try and stay away from anyone who has played for Hibs and been a success, it just doesn't seem to work, amd I think the manager gets caught up in all the hype. I still think of the pain Sauzee went through, I think we all wanted him to be a success, I still think if he had carried on for the remainder of that season playing things might of turnt out different, but we will never know.

It might not of always been popular in the past, with the likes of Alex Miller, but he had no real attachment to the club so he was only really interested in doing a job, which I think he did, the same went with Mowbray, and that was more pleasing to watch. I wonder if it would be a backward step sounding out Mowbray to see if he would return, I can't see it being any worse.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2010, 05:55 PM
Just stating the facts blackpoolhibs maybe you think it is a good record i dont think he is fit to manage our great club anymore.

I never said it was a good record? Anyway thanks for the facts, i'm sure once everyone has digested them, we will have a few folk on ripping him to shreds. I mean with those facts out the bag, how can he survive?

Wotherspiniesta
23-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Patience is wearing thin for me.

I've said Stay though. Rome wasn't built over night. Losing Stokes was a massive blow for us, if he was still here, we would have won our last 3 games IMO.

Having said that, the longer Hughes buries his head in the sand about the deficincies in our team and trundles out the same boring cliche lines, the longer our bad form will continue. He needs to inject something new. Wether that be a change of formation, or an influx of youngsters I'm not too sure.

Something needs to change, but not the manager...... YET.

silverhibee
23-09-2010, 06:31 PM

If thats what it takes to get rid of the manager then so be it.

RP should have got rid of him today.

clerriehibs
23-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Only 200+ replies on a poll that's been going for a day on a forum that currently has 1300 logged in or viewing. The vast majority of responses are looking for Yogi to get the boot ... but on the face of it, it's hardly a clamour.

Westie1875
23-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Only 200+ replies on a poll that's been going for a day on a forum that currently has 1300 logged in or viewing. The vast majority of responses are looking for Yogi to get the boot ... but on the face of it, it's hardly a clamour.

Is that partly down to people being so apathetic about Hibs now that they can't even be bothered voting or even reading the thread?

Every Hibs fan I know away from here wants him out pronto.

Sir David Gray
23-09-2010, 08:46 PM

Come on, you don't really want to see Hibs losing any game 8-0 surely?

I don't think things are working out with Hughes but I would really hate to see a Hibs team go through to Glasgow and lose by that kind of margin.

Although it would almost certainly speed up his exit from the club, a result like that would really hurt me.

Skanko79
23-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Any Hibs fan who wants his team to lose 8-0 should really sit down and take a serious look at themselves, regardless of the situation or possible outcome.

Even though im not Yogi's biggest fan i would still seriously celebrate any kind of result at darkeed.

Would be interesting to see how many people on here who totally lambast the guy, would be willing to stage a walkout at the next home game, and then every home game untill Hibs get shot of him.

Hibby 2005
23-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Bums on seats or the lack of them will dictate what happens to Yogi.

Ginger Gehagan
23-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Out of interest, where does this 26 games figure take us back to? 0-3 at Ibrox last year? Includes the Maribor games?

It takes us back to th 2-2 draw with Aberdeen on the 10th of February I think.

Albion Hibs
23-09-2010, 09:24 PM

Stupid statement, why any hibs fan would want there team to loose 8-0 is beyond me, dont try explaining, I will never understand.

What exactly do you think getting rid of yogi will achieve? Do you think the next morning 11 messi's are going to walk through the door of east mains?

Get a grip, getting rid of our manager will achieve nothing, other than giving the vast majority of people on here someone new to moan about. :grr:

bighairyfaeleith
23-09-2010, 09:27 PM
:taxi what a quality icon

And i thought the admins were all pricks:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
23-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Seriously, we need to get behind the team, if we had been behind the team for the last six months(yes six) we would have won more than four games. FACT(aye nice one rents):wink:

silverhibee
23-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Come on, you don't really want to see Hibs losing any game 8-0 surely?

I don't think things are working out with Hughes but I would really hate to see a Hibs team go through to Glasgow and lose by that kind of margin.

Although it would almost certainly speed up his exit from the club, a result like that would really hurt me.

5-0 would hurt me but i would get over it if it meant our manger was removed from his post on the Monday. Yogi has to go and the sooner the better. :taxi

silverhibee
23-09-2010, 10:42 PM
Stupid statement, why any hibs fan would want there team to loose 8-0 is beyond me, dont try explaining, I will never understand.

What exactly do you think getting rid of yogi will achieve? Do you think the next morning 11 messi's are going to walk through the door of east mains?

Get a grip, getting rid of our manager will achieve nothing, other than giving the vast majority of people on here someone new to moan about. :grr:

I wont bother then, you never listen to other posters anyway.