PDA

View Full Version : next hibs manager

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2010, 08:23 PM
With Yogis coat on the shoogliest of pegs who is there that can turn things around and save our season before it gets any worse???

Sammy7nil
22-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Derren Brown or Paul Daniels

Bostonhibby
22-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Sounds like Mixu's done better than Yogi in the transfer window and loan market then arranging them in an order that resembles a fitba team.

Cannae see any of the up and coming guys wanting to ruin their reputation by inheriting whatever Yogi leaves behind, and I imagine most of the money that was earmarked for the football side was spent on what we have now, its going to be a long season. I am now at the point where I want to see Yogi go even if we win 4-3 tonight.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2010, 08:31 PM

We could go for a dream team of abbot and costello.....oh wait we have them already:greengrin

Bostonhibby
22-09-2010, 08:33 PM

:greengrin Groucho Marx, at least you know he's only kidding when he talks.

CRAZYHIBBY
22-09-2010, 08:37 PM
what about the goat in my avatar??

JE89
22-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Ghana want ex-Hibernian and Kilmarnock boss Bobby Williamson as their next manager. Williamson previously took Uganda to an all-time high of 63 in the Fifa rankings. (Daily Record)

:hmmm:

:greengrin

McKenzie
22-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Mixu :devil:

macca70
22-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Get the pool attendant in :agree:

Don't care about his hearts links, he knows how to set a team up to win games. Been very impressed with him at Raith.

Fat Stu
22-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Get the pool attendant in :agree:

Don't care about his hearts links, he knows how to set a team up to win games. Been very impressed with him at Raith.

McGlynn would be my candidate aswell. Alan Curbishly isn't doing anything either.

No-one who has ever played for hibs please.

Taz_hibee
22-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Billy Reid, he has done well with no resources at Hamilton

Bostonhibby
22-09-2010, 08:57 PM
**** it, I'll do it, I am so angry tonight I will scare the wage thiefs into performing as I can't see anyone shaming them into doing it.

The_Todd
22-09-2010, 09:10 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/3/14/1237055109467/Jimmy-Calderwood-001.jpg

This man in... now.

If anyone can arrest the alarming slide it's this guy. I still feel for Yogi, it's clear the guy bleeds green and white but it's just not to be.

Godsahibby
22-09-2010, 09:16 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/3/14/1237055109467/Jimmy-Calderwood-001.jpg

This man in... now.

If anyone can arrest the alarming slide it's this guy. I still feel for Yogi, it's clear the guy bleeds green and white but it's just not to be.

Seriously?!?!? The man is a joke

The_Todd
22-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Seriously?!?!? The man is a joke

The man who in his 5 years at Aberdeen finished outside the top four only once?

Got Aberdeen into the last 32 of Europe, where as under Mixu, Yogi and Mowbray we were always pumped out at the first time of asking?

Aye, a joke right enough!

Ozyhibby
22-09-2010, 09:29 PM

This man in... now.

:agree::top marks

stokesmessiah
22-09-2010, 09:30 PM
The man who in his 5 years at Aberdeen finished outside the top four only once?

Got Aberdeen into the last 32 of Europe, where as under Mixu, Yogi and Mowbray we were always pumped out at the first time of asking?

Aye, a joke right enough!

I am with you on this one...I live in Aberdeen and he was not well liked up here as they thought the football was not too pretty to watch, however, it was effective !!

And i dont know about anyone but right now i would take hard to beat and organised over anything??????????

The_Todd
22-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I am with you on this one...I live in Aberdeen and he was not well liked up here as they thought the football was not too pretty to watch, however, it was effective !!

And i dont know about anyone but right now i would take hard to beat and organised over anything??????????

We've got to get over this flair nonsense. Our last two managers have come in off the back of promises of attacking free flowing football. In reality it's been neither attractive or effective.

Some of the football under Yogi has made my eyes bleed.

HibbyDave
22-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Billy Stark.

or

JOHN COLLINS:agree:

But really who gives a sH*t as we all know it will be a cheap option ex player type.

But ,Please god NOT TANGOMAN (just my opinion).

orourke
22-09-2010, 09:42 PM
It has to be Billy Reid for me, has performed well with Hamilton over a lengthy period.also plays decent style and seems to get on well with fans,

allezsauzee
22-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Tangoman wasted plenty of cash at Aberdeena nad Dunfermline and subsequent managers have paid the price by having to get let top players go.

I'd go for Paul Sturrock. Somebody with a bit of experience to steady the ship

stokesmessiah
22-09-2010, 09:43 PM
We've got to get over this flair nonsense. Our last two managers have come in off the back of promises of attacking free flowing football. In reality it's been neither attractive or effective.

Some of the football under Yogi has made my eyes bleed.

I agree, i would rather results !

Our football under Yogi has been guff !

The_Todd
22-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I hope nobody expects Rod to pay compensation to another club for a manager.

lucky
22-09-2010, 09:53 PM

This man in... now.

He would be my choice. As for him wasting money at previous clubs that's never going to happen at ER with Rodders. Give a contract till the end of the season and then take stock.

Zemamma10
22-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Jim Gannon, Mark Venus, Craig Brown.

Hibtastic
22-09-2010, 09:56 PM
How about Bruce Rioch. Is he not still out of a job?

RickyS
22-09-2010, 09:59 PM

This man in... now.

i think craig brown would have us organised properly, had enough of the up and coming guys and he is working without a contract

Richard Scott
22-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Get Hughes out, now. Get Mowbray in ASAP.

lyonhibs
22-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Ideally Derek McInnes. Has Gus McPherson got a job post St Mirren yet?

I'm not enjoying typing this, but I'd even take Tangoman.

Look what you've made me do Yogi :grr::grr:

:taxi

RickyS
22-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Ideally Derek McInnes. Has Gus McPherson got a job post St Mirren yet?

I'm not enjoying typing this, but I'd even take Tangoman.

Look what you've made me do Yogi :grr::grr:

:taxi

no, he is on a bosman

SurferRosa
22-09-2010, 10:15 PM
I`d bring in the tangoman till the end of the season. His records with Dunfermline and Aberdeen are pretty good and even at Kilmarnock he kept them up when they were startin to look doomed.

cad
22-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Time to push the boat out Rod get a pro not and up and coming guy ,not Billy Reid or McInnes a real pro somebody whos seen it done it, it will cost a good bit of cash but if your going to ever fill that brand new stand and keep the punters happy its the only way I can see you saving face after another one of YOUR appointments fails to come up to the mark.

Liberal Hibby
22-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Oh god here we go again.

Mixu had how long? Fans turned on him and the board reacted. Mixu/Yogi/Yogi/Mixu - there all basically the same - journeymen pros with short managerial records and limited budgets to build a side. Talk of Bruce Rioch is fantasy land - he's used to budgets of tens of millions (as is Mowbray now).

Let's get real - Mixu/Yogi/Yogi/Mixu is exactly the sort of manager we'll get next time.

What these guys need is some time - not 18 months or one poor run of results. Getting rid of Hughes exacerbates the problem (not solves it). And I say that as someone who didn't want him in the first place - because I thought he was an inarticulate buffoon.

But we're stuck with him and he has to be allowed time to turn this around.

Morph
22-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Go on.. let him stay. Please :pray:

weonlywon6-2
22-09-2010, 10:22 PM
With Yogis coat on the shoogliest of pegs who is there that can turn things around and save our season before it gets any worse???

craig brown- by a country mile, the most experienced manager out there:thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
22-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Oh god here we go again.

Mixu had how long? Fans turned on him and the board reacted. Mixu/Yogi/Yogi/Mixu - there all basically the same - journeymen pros with short managerial records and limited budgets to build a side. Talk of Bruce Rioch is fantasy land - he's used to budgets of tens of millions (as is Mowbray now).

Let's get real - Mixu/Yogi/Yogi/Mixu is exactly the sort of manager we'll get next time.

What these guys need is some time - not 18 months or one poor run of results. Getting rid of Hughes exacerbates the problem (not solves it). And I say that as someone who didn't want him in the first place - because I thought he was an inarticulate buffoon.

To be fair this is two runs of bad results, last season and this.

2 clean sheets in 26 games we are EASY to beat

The_Todd
22-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Go on.. let him stay. Please :pray:

Only if you promise to keep Jumbo.

bighairyfaeleith
23-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Curbishley would be a good shout but can't see petrie paying the wages.

I'd get collins back as well but hibs will never do it.

Please not tangoman though, if you think the fans are turning away now give it six months with him in charge!!

dirtydirk
23-09-2010, 06:24 AM
Ian dowie or alan pardew would be my choice

houston1875
23-09-2010, 07:01 AM
[QUOTE=The_Todd;2584925]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/3/14/1237055109467/Jimmy-Calderwood-001.jpg

This man in... now.

If anyone can arrest the alarming slide it's this guy. I still feel for Yogi, it's clear the guy bleeds green and white but it's just not to be.[/QUOT

Seriously calderwood,bud sit down plz tango msn are you having a giraffe??

The_Todd
23-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Seriously calderwood,bud sit down plz tango msn are you having a giraffe??

Well... why not? From my POV I've said he'd stabilise things and had Aberdeen challenging top 3/4 every season he was there bar one.

So if you'd care to give your reasons other than telling me I'm having a girrafe?

in-me-pocket
23-09-2010, 07:16 AM
The best manager in the Scottish League just now is Derek Adams. He has got Ross County punching so much above their weight it's incredible.
He has no Hibs connections, is articulate, has his team playing really good football while looking superbly disciplined and organised.
I'd go for him in an instant (while he's still available and somebody else nips in).

steakbake
23-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Great shout. I was thinking that last night.

heretoday
23-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Oh god here we go again.

You're right. We're a point off the bottom. Yes but we're three points behind our hated city rivals in third place. In other words it's early days. Miracles don't happen. Some name out of the ether isn't going to come along and wave a magic wand. Mourinho doesn't want to come here at any price!

Yogi was 100% right in his interview last night. Stick at it.

YehButNoBut
23-09-2010, 07:50 AM
I think Alan Irvine, currently manager of Sheffield Wed would be worth considering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Irvine_(footballer_born_1958)

bingo70
23-09-2010, 07:55 AM
I think Alan Irvine, currently manager of Sheffield Wed would be worth considering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Irvine_(footballer_born_1958)

The fact he's currently manager of sheffield wedneday would rule him out IMO.

Andy74
23-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Anyone familiar with theory behind team models and the various stages all teams go through? Forming, storming, norming, performing and so on?

We at some stage need to get past the forming and storming to get to performing. Conflict and poor performance are almost certainties in those early stages. Stages which you might never get out of if you keep repeating the cycle.

Talk of relegation is a bit dramatic. I'd like to see us see this one out so we can move on and be stronger for it down the line.

Our recent games aren't showing me many things that are a result of poor managerial decisions so I'm not seeing what a change would achieve.

Auckland Hibs
23-09-2010, 07:59 AM
The fact he's currently manager of sheffield wedneday would rule him out IMO.

and he would be taking a step down.

Godsahibby
23-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Not Jimmy Calderwood, fair enough he got into the last 32 in Europe, he was also in charge for one of Aberdeen's most humiliating European defeats against Sigma Olomuc and had a pretty pish poor record in the cups. Appointing him would show now ambition by the club, bit like Hearts bringing in Jeffries, Calderwood would be the safe option. We need someone who has experience with no previous affiliation with the club, plenty managers our there it's just whether or not we would losen the purse to bring the right man in.

johnrebus
23-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Derek Adams

stokesmessiah
23-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Not Jimmy Calderwood, fair enough he got into the last 32 in Europe, he was also in charge for one of Aberdeen's most humiliating European defeats against Sigma Olomuc and had a pretty pish poor record in the cups. Appointing him would show now ambition by the club, bit like Hearts bringing in Jeffries, Calderwood would be the safe option. We need someone who has experience with no previous affiliation with the club, plenty managers our there it's just whether or not we would losen the purse to bring the right man in.

Im pretty sure that was MaGoo was it not????

Liberal Hibby
23-09-2010, 08:12 AM
Anyone familiar with theory behind team models and the various stages all teams go through? Forming, storming, norming, performing and so on?

We at some stage need to get past the forming and storming to get to performing. Conflict and poor performance are almost certainties in those early stages. Stages which you might never get out of if you keep repeating the cycle.

Talk of relegation is a bit dramatic. I'd like to see us see this one out so we can move on and be stronger for it down the line.

Our recent games aren't showing me many things that are a result of poor managerial decisions so I'm not seeing what a change would achieve.

Quite. And any replacement will be cut from the same cloth and simply repeat the cycle.

Wilson
23-09-2010, 08:36 AM
Yogi is not stuck in the storming or norming phase. He is tanking and is taking hibs down with him.

Hibby Kay-Yay
23-09-2010, 08:46 AM

how does that rule out Calderwood? in my opinion I think hibs would try and get Derek Adams or McInnes. Seems to be the standard we set for recent managers.

Andy74
23-09-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm a bit concerned that bobby Williamson still seems to fit most peoples ideal next manager.

Bobby's Cinema
23-09-2010, 08:51 AM
I find people suggesting Billy Reid astounding. If thats the caliber of manager we're looking at, then the trend will only continue and we will continue to stagnate IMO. But then, maybe I think we're better than we are. He is not whats needed whatsoever IMO. Saying that :rolleyes:,I'm not entirely sure who i would suggest. But when the inevitable happens, someone with a bit of experience and pedigree this time please Hibs FFS.

johnrebus
23-09-2010, 08:52 AM
how does that rule out Calderwood? in my opinion I think hibs would try and get Derek Adams or McInnes. Seems to be the standard we set for recent managers.

McInnes has just signed an extension to his contract. No chance that Petrie will pay that kind of compensation.

:boo hoo:

NOLA
23-09-2010, 09:04 AM
The best manager in the Scottish League just now is Derek Adams. He has got Ross County punching so much above their weight it's incredible.
He has no Hibs connections, is articulate, has his team playing really good football while looking superbly disciplined and organised.
I'd go for him in an instant (while he's still available and somebody else nips in).

Derek Adams would be a fine appointment :agree: he would want to bring Brewster though, another Hibs link:wink:

Disc O'Dave
23-09-2010, 09:28 AM
IF we were to get rid of Yogi (and my swaying between sticking with it and cutting him loose changes back and forth by the hour)....I'd like to see if we could tempt Kevin MacDonald up from Villa Reserves.

Had a wee taster of management with Villa for the start of the season, and by all accounts done well. Maybe better to have a shot at managing in a league that doesn't demand a "big name manager" a-la Houllier.

But then he probably earns more as Villa resrve team coach than he could get up here. I imagine the contacts in the game down south would be quite extensive too.....

bingo70
23-09-2010, 09:29 AM
IF we were to get rid of Yogi (and my swaying between sticking with it and cutting him loose changes back and forth by the hour)....I'd like to see if we could tempt Kevin MacDonald up from Villa Reserves.

Had a wee taster of management with Villa for the start of the season, and by all accounts done well. Maybe better to have a shot at managing in a league that doesn't demand a "big name manager" a-la Houllier.

But then he probably earns more as Villa resrve team coach than he could get up here. I imagine the contacts in the game down south would be quite extensive too.....

He said after it he didn't enjoy management and is going to stick to coaching

Disc O'Dave
23-09-2010, 09:38 AM

Fair enough -

I thought I heard the guys on MOTD suggesting he took the decsion to step down as he "didn't want to be an assistant", and was biding his time until he could get a managers job.

Mind you, what's not to enjoy about managing in the happy environment of Easter Road :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
23-09-2010, 09:38 AM

TBF I would say that as well so the new manager didn't get rid of me:wink:

He may ofcourse mean it, but it might not be that clear cut.

el capitano
23-09-2010, 09:50 AM
john mcglynn would not be a popular choice but he could do the job no problem. i dont want to see people like calderwood, gus mcpherson etc

Eganov
23-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Tangoman or George Burley for me. Someone with a bit of experience. Managers who do ok with no resources (Mixu, Yogi, Reid, lower league managers) all have the players who are grateful to be there and are easier to influence but when the players reach the SPL they've "made it" they now have a choice and are bound to be more difficult to work with.

If anybody can add a Dutch twang to our football with decent signings it's tangoman and Burley has had experience at international level (Badly I'll admit) but will have still developed him and he can certainly set up a fitba team. Hertz or not, he'd improve us big time.

weonlywon6-2
23-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Oh god here we go again.

you must be a sadist !!

how much time does he need?

he just aint got it,simple as that.

and bringing in adams,mcinnes is not what we want.as good as they will hopefully be for the good of scottish football, we need tried and tested.

the tan man,or for me craig brown is the sort we need

alan pardew was hated by players

curbishley i doubt would come up here but he would be a great choice

as much as i like yogi its not working.

we cannot go into the derby with him in charge.theres getting beaten and then theres getting beaten by hearts

Craig_in_Prague
Tangoman or George Burley for me. Someone with a bit of experience. Managers who do ok with no resources (Mixu, Yogi, Reid, lower league managers) all have the players who are grateful to be there and are easier to influence but when the players reach the SPL they've "made it" they now have a choice and are bound to be more difficult to work with.

If anybody can add a Dutch twang to our football with decent signings it's tangoman and Burley has had experience at international level (Badly I'll admit) but will have still developed him and he can certainly set up a fitba team. Hertz or not, he'd improve us big time.

Burley is at Palace. Why would he leave for hibs :confused:

bubblesmorrison

Yes on the total same wavelength :thumbsup:

killie-hibby
23-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Adams would not last a full season with Hibs unless he dropped his zero alcohol policy.

Hibhibhooray
23-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Pardew former Southampton boss

basehibby
23-09-2010, 10:37 AM
McGlynn would be my candidate aswell. Alan Curbishly isn't doing anything either.

No-one who has ever played for hibs please.

Alan Curbishley would be a brilliant signing as manager - somehow I couldn't see it happenning though given he'll have become accustomed to EPL wages and transfer budgets.
I think he has the general profile we need though (assuming of course that Yogi falls on his sword/is sacked in the coming weeks - getting ahead of myself there :wink:) - someone with good experience at a high level - could Tangoman be the answer?!?

Eganov
23-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Burley is at Palace. Why would he leave for hibs :confused:

Wasn't aware of that actually, still think he'd do well for Hibs.

TrickyNicky
23-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Would anyone hazard a guess at what we may have paid for managers from Collins to Hughes and what sort of compensation may have been paid out to them and what may be paid out to Hughes?

I'm sure it must be quite a whack over their combined tenure.

Could this give us a realistic budget for aiming higher than we have in the past as well as the obvious - that we are going to have to pay more to get more!

HibeePaj
23-09-2010, 11:39 AM
How about PAUL DICKOV?

seems to be doing good things at OLDHAM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/09/paul_dickov.html#256197

shearer1981
23-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Ok so we have the best upcoming players according to Fergie (from Man U not BEP) and we continue to employ upcoming coaches who either use us as stepping stones or are guff - the answer.....Get Petrie to stump up cash for an experienced manager that will steady the ship & take no sh*t. Our defence is shocking, the team is so flat and slow. I almost drifted off during the Huns game it was so slow. Now that we have all other aspects of the club developed we can afford to give the coach some cash.

eastmainsmsh
23-09-2010, 12:44 PM
Mogga :thumbsup:

or any of these

Paul Jewell , Paul Ince ,John Collins,Chris Coleman

HFC 0-7
23-09-2010, 12:53 PM

What you forget is that we are going backwards with Hughes. He started well and now we are goind backwards, setting new records for terrible home form, 4 wins and 16 losses in the last 26 games, in house fighting and rubbish being spouted from the manager.

This manager is trying to build a side? fair enough, but you dont go out and buy 4 defenders and still leak goals. I agree that it may take time for a manager to get his team sorted and playing well, but the amount of time we have been on the bad run of form is a joke. Football teams cant afford long periods of change if they will flirt with relegation. Even if we dont get relegated we are out of a cup at the first hurdle seriously looking at bottom 6 material which will mean a big hit in terms of gate receipts this season if we miss out on a couple of home games with big teams. Along with the lower money for league placings this manager that is forming and building a team will have less money than the previous year and will then be forced to split up his team by selling so that the club can fill the lost revenue.

A club like hibs dont have the luxury of giving time to build, they need relative success straight away. If you asked Yogi when he got the hibs job whether he would class himself as successful if he was to set a record for worst home run and to only win 4 in 26 and lose some of the games we did I bet he would think he wasnt a success.

Remember the Duff Jimmy season? Fancy giving Yogi time like we did him?

Jim Duffys last 26 games in charge saw the following results: won 5, drawn 6 lost 15. Hughes last 26 games won 4, drawn 6 Lost 16! Jim Duffy was replaced by McLeish but it was too late, we still got relegated. With hughes recent form if we dont replace him soon it will be too late for any manager to turn it around!

1875er
23-09-2010, 01:15 PM
How about as an outsider Stevie Clarke..... available after leaving West Ham.

He could even bring wee Franco with him...:wink:

delbert
23-09-2010, 01:26 PM
It's the Hibs board we are talking about here, so forget all these guys in English football or even currently unemployed down there, they cost money, and they demand a budget, they are out. This season is already a busted flush, we're a bottom six team full of bottom six journeymen who in the main are completely uncommited to Hibs. We need an organiser who can at least keep us up this season with the dross that the last 2 managers has foisted upon us, and as far as I can see Brown won't leave Motherwell, and I note St. Johnstone saw the writing on the wall and extended McInnes contract this week, so I think that leaves us with one (fairly unpopular) choice who ticks all the boxes, and that is Calderwood. Unemployed, reasonably cheap (certainly if Killie could afford him), unexciting and an organiser who can set up teams to be difficult to beat. Would never be my first choice in different times, but we are staring down a barrel now due to the glaikit buffoon in charge just now so it's Calderwood for me on a short term contract till the end of the season, basically to keep us up !!

Houchy
23-09-2010, 01:28 PM

I asked Franco in 1998 while playing a round of golf with him if he could/would mind ever signing for Hibs at the end of his career... and his reply was "who's Hibs":grr:

Don't know if this was classed as "tapping up" or what though:greengrin

JE89
23-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Mogga :thumbsup:

or any of these

Paul Jewell , Paul Ince ,John Collins,Chris Coleman

:faf: Why not Ferguson, Mancini or Mourinho?

1875er
23-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I asked Franco in 1998 while playing a round of golf with him if he could/would mind ever signing for Hibs at the end of his career... and his reply was "who's Hibs":grr:

Don't know if this was classed as "tapping up" or what though:greengrin

Are you sure it wasn't wee Ronnie Corbett???

tooley
23-09-2010, 01:42 PM
It has to be Billy Reid for me, has performed well with Hamilton over a lengthy period.also plays decent style and seems to get on well with fans,

:thumbsup:

CRAZYHIBBY
23-09-2010, 02:07 PM
my top 3 would be mogga, burley, or adams.........mowbray is out of work and probably the cheapest option. burley is a good manager. Adams is doing well with county but may struggle in the spl

Houchy
23-09-2010, 02:11 PM
Are you sure it wasn't wee Ronnie Corbett???

They are about the same size to be fair:greengrin

Just Jimmy
23-09-2010, 02:12 PM

Absolutly brilliant shout. I remember suggesting him after he was at Chelsea, may have been when JC got the job or Mixu.

Id like to see Lee Clarke considered at the very least.

Petrie's Tache
23-09-2010, 02:18 PM

Great shout. Think he would do a great job as a manager in his own right. Would also fancy Luggy to stabalise the ship.:thumbsup: We'd get John Blackley as luggys no2 thrown in for good measure.

eastmainsmsh
23-09-2010, 02:31 PM
:faf: Why not Ferguson, Mancini or Mourinho?

well all four are available and ince and coleman are looking to get back into management ...what about ian mcparland says he would love to manage hibs did well as notts forest caretaker and at notts county ....he is first team coach at ipswich .............

this is same boring talk all the time tho if whoever comes in will they be any better than yogi :bitchy:

JE89
23-09-2010, 02:40 PM
well all four are available and ince and coleman are looking to get back into management ...what about ian mcparland says he would love to manage hibs did well as notts forest caretaker and at notts county ....he is first team coach at ipswich .............

this is same boring talk all the time tho if whoever comes in will they be any better than yogi :bitchy:

Can't see any of who you named coming to Hibs, including Collins. My response was pretty sarky so sorry for that, but just don't think any of these guys would be interested. Stranger things have happened I suppose

SouthMoroccoStu
23-09-2010, 03:12 PM

:top marks top shout, thats who I was thinking off!

SteveHFC
23-09-2010, 04:21 PM
McInnes or Calderwood for me.

ScottB
23-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Anyone but Mowbray or anyone connected with Mowbray. That'd be an utter disaster.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Please please please let it be Jim Gannon.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Yogi is not stuck in the storming or norming phase. He is tanking and is taking hibs down with him.

:agree: But if we cant get Derek Adams, I think Stormin Norman is a great alternative - just the guy for the all important dressing room brawls and at least we will be fit.

snooky
23-09-2010, 05:39 PM
:singing: "Wake me up when he go-gos"

:I'm waiti

steakbake
23-09-2010, 05:45 PM
my top 3 would be mogga, burley, or adams.........mowbray is out of work and probably the cheapest option. burley is a good manager. Adams is doing well with county but may struggle in the spl

Mowbray is still an employee of the lesser greens.

I wouldn't be happy to see him back. He had his time, did what he did and left when he got a better offer - at the same time berating players who did the same.

I also have very sad memories of an extremely leaky defence which always seemed especially bad when playing the Fuds. Which is surprising given that he himself was a very capable defender as a player.

DAVE1875
23-09-2010, 09:00 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/SteveCoppell_468x380.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-560308/Reading-manager-Steve-Coppell-calls-players-impossible-win-Arsenals-Emirates-Stadium.html&usg=__3qNOLVkOCGH2RTJdo19_aYrdPWQ=&h=380&w=468&sz=38&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=k-i9BAkMaZZPdM:&tbnh=171&tbnw=223&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsteve%2Bcoppell%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D834%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=155&vpy=97&dur=3249&hovh=202&hovw=249&tx=157&ty=103&ei=T7-bTPyPNpTc4wagl5UH&oei=T7-bTPyPNpTc4wagl5UH&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/SteveCoppell_468x380.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-560308/Reading-manager-Steve-Coppell-calls-players-impossible-win-Arsenals-Emirates-Stadium.html&usg=__3qNOLVkOCGH2RTJdo19_aYrdPWQ=&h=380&w=468&sz=38&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=k-i9BAkMaZZPdM:&tbnh=171&tbnw=223&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsteve%2Bcoppell%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D834%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=155&vpy=97&dur=3249&hovh=202&hovw=249&tx=157&ty=103&ei=T7-bTPyPNpTc4wagl5UH&oei=T7-bTPyPNpTc4wagl5UH&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/SteveCoppell_468x380.jpg

Anyone?

:offski:

Skanko79
23-09-2010, 09:02 PM
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/SteveCoppell_468x380.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-560308/Reading-manager-Steve-Coppell-calls-players-impossible-win-Arsenals-Emirates-Stadium.html&usg=__3qNOLVkOCGH2RTJdo19_aYrdPWQ=&h=380&w=468&sz=38&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=k-i9BAkMaZZPdM:&tbnh=171&tbnw=223&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsteve%2Bcoppell%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D834%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=155&vpy=97&dur=3249&hovh=202&hovw=249&tx=157&ty=103&ei=T7-bTPyPNpTc4wagl5UH&oei=T7-bTPyPNpTc4wagl5UH&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/SteveCoppell_468x380.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-560308/Reading-manager-Steve-Coppell-calls-players-impossible-win-Arsenals-Emirates-Stadium.html&usg=__3qNOLVkOCGH2RTJdo19_aYrdPWQ=&h=380&w=468&sz=38&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=k-i9BAkMaZZPdM:&tbnh=171&tbnw=223&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dsteve%2Bcoppell%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26 sa%3DN%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D834%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=155&vpy=97&dur=3249&hovh=202&hovw=249&tx=157&ty=103&ei=T7-bTPyPNpTc4wagl5UH&oei=T7-bTPyPNpTc4wagl5UH&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_02/SteveCoppell_468x380.jpg

Anyone?

:offski:

I'm sure i heard somewhere he had retired.

DAVE1875
23-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm sure i heard somewhere he had retired.

I know that he retired due to "Lack of passion for a management job".... But how many times have you heard of someone coming out of retirement?

euro Hibby
23-09-2010, 09:05 PM
delegation from Hibs net ! Seriously, low profile guy who has a proven record working with young players because thats where Hibs only future is !

Skanko79
23-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I know that he retired due to "Lack of passion for a management job".... But how many times have you heard of someone coming out of retirement?

Fair enough, would be happy with him getting the job should Yogi get the bullet. Any of these guys who are proven in the championship and have had a bash at the prem would be ideal, Alan Curbishley is another who would do a great job.

DAVE1875
23-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Fair enough, would be happy with him getting the job should Yogi get the bullet. Any of these guys who are proven in the championship and have had a bash at the prem would be ideal, Alan Curbishley is another who would do a great job.

If no one has mentioned him before; Phil Brown anyone?

Am having a wee look on here:http://www.leaguemanagers.com/index.html

DH1875
23-09-2010, 11:05 PM

Please No.

Anyone else think Stuart McCall would be a good shout.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
23-09-2010, 11:29 PM
102 posts and not one viable / decent option.

Keep trying, grass is always greener.

Aldo
24-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Wot about Chris Coleman..good experience in the EPL and in spain. Did a no bad job at Fulham however was punted at Coventry.

Worth a shout??

Exiled Hibby
24-09-2010, 03:13 PM
How about PAUL DICKOV?

seems to be doing good things at OLDHAM.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulfletcher/2010/09/paul_dickov.html#256197
Always wanted to shout "TAKE THAT D**K OFF DICKOV":greengrin

Golden Bear
24-09-2010, 03:50 PM

Ah - welcome back Ryehill Avenue. It's a while since we heard from you.

:wink:

Eaststand
24-09-2010, 04:24 PM

I agree with you 100%
:top marks

GGTTH

Hainan Hibs
24-09-2010, 04:44 PM
****ing Mowbray?:confused::grr:

Throughout his time at Hibs he came across as if he was far bigger than the job, as if it was beneath him. Then Ipswich comes along and he gives it the unfinished business guff, and then jumps straight in a taxi and ****s off to Middlesbrough.

Then, he comes back to Scotland with Septic, and organise a huddle in the middle of ER at the end of the game.

Not to mention some of the most cringeworthy derbies I have ever experienced were during his reign.

Anyone creaming themselves about a Mowbray return should gie themselves a good slap and have a word with themselves.

Edit : The ****ing contract extension of Zibi :grr:

Betty Boop
24-09-2010, 06:30 PM
****ing Mowbray?:confused::grr:

Throughout his time at Hibs he came across as if he was far bigger than the job, as if it was beneath him. Then Ipswich comes along and he gives it the unfinished business guff, and then jumps straight in a taxi and ****s off to Middlesbrough.

Then, he comes back to Scotland with Septic, and organise a huddle in the middle of ER at the end of the game.

Not to mention some of the most cringeworthy derbies I have ever experienced were during his reign.

Anyone creaming themselves about a Mowbray return should gie themselves a good slap and have a word with themselves.

Edit : The ****ing contract extension of Zibi :grr:

West Brom! :greengrin

SurferRosa
24-09-2010, 11:36 PM
you must be a sadist !!

how much time does he need?

he just aint got it,simple as that.

and bringing in adams,mcinnes is not what we want.as good as they will hopefully be for the good of scottish football, we need tried and tested.

the tan man,or for me craig brown is the sort we need

alan pardew was hated by players

curbishley i doubt would come up here but he would be a great choice

as much as i like yogi its not working.

we cannot go into the derby with him in charge.theres getting beaten and then theres getting beaten by hearts
:thumbsup:totally agree mate. Good post