PDA

View Full Version : Ghana target Mr Bobby

Part/Time Supporter
22-09-2010, 12:11 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/default.stm

Ghana have targeted Bobby Williamson, who is out of contract with Uganda, as their new head coach after he took his side to an all-time high of 63 in the world rankings. (the Scotsman)

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Bobby-Williamson-on-Ghana39s-radar.6544099.jp

WORLD Cup quarter-finalists Ghana have targeted Bobby Williamson to be their new manager. The Black Stars have been in negotiations with former French ace Marcel Desailly to take charge after Serbian coach Milovan Rajevac quit in a row over a new contract.

However, talks have stalled and are on the verge of collapse over Desailly's extortionate wage demands of over £100,000-a-month. Ex-Hibs and Kilmarnock manager Williamson has done an impressive job in charge of Uganda and is on course to qualify for the African Nations Cup for the first time in decades. He has also won two African trophies and taken Uganda to an all-time high of 63rd in the Fifa rankings.

But he is out of contract with the East African nation and they are struggling to get Government help to assist with Williamson's wages for his new, improved contract. Now reports in Africa have suggested that Ghana could turn to Williamson to manage the likes of Michael Essien instead of Desailly.

I wonder if Bobby will take to calling himself the "miracle man", ala Shabba?

:greengrin

HibeeB
22-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd be a bit worried if I read that I was being headhunted by a group from Ghana :eek:

iwasthere1972
22-09-2010, 12:17 PM
http://flourish.org/ghana/cinema.jpeg

They will make a packet. :agree:

Bostonhibby
22-09-2010, 07:38 PM
Hopefully they'll hit hit him without too many problems as I imagine he is still quite a sizeable target :greengrin

Albion Hibs
22-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Bit ironic dont you think, Mixu turned us over tonight Bobby is just about to get a job with a team that almost made the semi final of the world cup.

Thoughts - Do we hound out managers that if we showed some patience and loyalty to they may just become really good for our club.

My view is yes - the above and tonight has confirmed it to me. We are heading towards being the Newcastle of scottish football.

Yogi - you have my backing.

FitbaFolkKen
23-09-2010, 12:30 AM
Bit ironic dont you think, Mixu turned us over tonight Bobby is just about to get a job with a team that almost made the semi final of the world cup.

Thoughts - Do we hound out managers that if we showed some patience and loyalty to they may just become really good for our club.

My view is yes - the above and tonight has confirmed it to me. We are heading towards being the Newcastle of scottish football.

Maybe we do hound them out to quickly...however i think we are flogging a dead horse here.

I'll show the next boss a bit more leniency :wink:

Albion Hibs
23-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Maybe we do hound them out to quickly...however i think we are flogging a dead horse here.

I'll show the next boss a bit more leniency :wink:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I have heard it all before!

HibbyAndy
23-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Anyone take Bobby back at ER?

Hainan Hibs
23-09-2010, 03:59 PM

Would anyone have seriously survived another 6 years of Blobby:confused:

I can't even bring myself to think of the horrors:boo hoo::boo hoo:

steakbake
23-09-2010, 04:00 PM
If Ghana target him with a harpoon, they'll definitely get him.