View Full Version : Yams Thanks FJK

21-09-2010, 11:32 PM
We owe the podgy manager a huge vote of thanks for saving us from the disaster that is Darren Barr. By all accounts he was dire tonight and the Gorgie natives are calling for his scalp. :greengrin

21-09-2010, 11:45 PM
Well it makes me smile...if only for a day.

22-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Barr was signed on a pre contract long before FJK appeared on the scene. He was a Vlad signing.

He'll be expecting to rake in £3m+ for him.

In reality, he's gash and won't raise a bolt. And if he doesn't sign a contract extension he'll find himself out of the team for the last 9 months of his current contract.

Disc O'Dave
22-09-2010, 07:26 AM
Barr was signed on a pre contract long before FJK appeared on the scene. He was a Vlad signing.

In reality, he's gash and won't raise a bolt. And if he doesn't sign a contract extension he'll find himself out of the team for the last 9 months of his current contract.

Is it safe to say however, that FJK probably, er, knew. FJKK, if you like :wink:

22-09-2010, 07:26 AM

Ah but amazingly FJK just happened to be doing his Xmas shopping at the PBS on the day Barr's contract commitment was announced! :wink:
FWIW when it looked like Barr was joining us I watched his performances on TV & I was really accentuating the positive. I was not impressed. He's too small & not physical enough for a CB & lacks the skill necessary for a RB, in fact he's a poor man's Hoggy!! :greengrin

22-09-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm trying not to be too smug about the jambos, but if we win tonight then they are all getting in the ****ing neck:greengrin

22-09-2010, 07:54 AM
That lot have been very lucky over the years with decent centre backs. Had an almost conveyorbelt of good players in that position but this is great to hear that barr is pish! Didnt think much of him when he was with falkirk so happy that hes pish with hearts. Nevermind, the 1500 or whatever yams there last night - spendin hard earned money - will tell you its just a mickey mouse cup!

22-09-2010, 08:01 AM

He has got a 3 year contract on £12 K plus a week which with N. I. and other add ons is the best part of £2 million on the wrong side of the Heart's Ledger.

Vlad is the Man ! :thumbsup:

Dr Jimmy
22-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Ah but amazingly FJK just happened to be doing his Xmas shopping at the PBS on the day Barr's contract commitment was announced! :wink:
FWIW when it looked like Barr was joining us I watched his performances on TV & I was really accentuating the positive. I was not impressed. He's too small & not physical enough for a CB & lacks the skill necessary for a RB, in fact he's a poor man's Hoggy!! :greengrin

I did exactly the same and thought his positioning was shocking, he seemed detached from the rest of his defence and he is a lightweight.
I remember saying to my mates that we have dodged a bullet when he signed for Hearts.

22-09-2010, 08:13 AM
He has got a 3 year contract on £12 K plus a week which with N. I. and other add ons is the best part of £2 million on the wrong side of the Heart's Ledger.

I would love those numbers to be true but I just can't see it. I would expect him to be on a max of £4K a week.

DCI Gene Hunt
22-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Fat Jim might have Known... but he didn't see that coming :tee hee:

When was the last time Hertz won the League Cup?

Gene

22-09-2010, 08:19 AM
On the other hand Kyle is a fantastic signing for them and will score goals and create things for others. No idea why tthere was so much laughing about it. We could have done with him no problem.

22-09-2010, 08:53 AM
I would love those numbers to be true but I just can't see it. I would expect him to be on a max of £4K a week.

£6k from a good HP.

22-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I am on record on this forum for having said at the time I was glad we didn't sign him. Not saying I told you so but almost.:greengrin It would just be my luck for him to turn things around and start playing blinders from now because sometimes it works out that pride comes before a fall.

ShanksSaidNo
22-09-2010, 09:03 AM

As much as i'd love this to be true, I very much doubt it. 4k or 5k max would have tempted him away from Falkirk!

22-09-2010, 09:05 AM
£8k was what I heard and also when he told Yogi the big man was rolling about the floor laughing!

And talking of Big Yogi I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Barrs best form stopped when Yogi left. I would have had him then but he wasn’t very good last season. It was the same sort of scenario with Stokes, we’ll see how he gets on a Celtc, and to a lesser extent Arfield, still in the Scotland U21s but not lighting up Falkirk like the Grangemouth flares as once predicted.

It seems Yogi does get the very best out of some players. (No further comment required :dummytit:)

22-09-2010, 09:21 AM
I am on record on this forum for having said at the time I was glad we didn't sign him. Not saying I told you so but almost.:greengrin It would just be my luck for him to turn things around and start playing blinders from now because sometimes it works out that pride comes before a fall.

As the Yams found out last night. Twice.

22-09-2010, 09:23 AM
£8k was what I heard and also when he told Yogi the big man was rolling about the floor laughing!

And talking of Big Yogi I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Barrs best form stopped when Yogi left. I would have had him then but he wasn’t very good last season. It was the same sort of scenario with Stokes, we’ll see how he gets on a Celtc, and to a lesser extent Arfield, still in the Scotland U21s but not lighting up Falkirk like the Grangemouth flares as once predicted.

It seems Yogi does get the very best out of some players. (No further comment required :dummytit:)

So much so he is now in Huddersfield.

22-09-2010, 09:40 AM
Yes the world does seem a better place today. Fingers crossed Yogi and the team can make it an even better place tonight!!

robinhood
22-09-2010, 09:43 AM
He isnt the quickest in the world, but he is a decent centre half. Our centre halfs got no protection last night from a very very ganting central midfield.

The jury is most def out on him though

22-09-2010, 09:48 AM
He isnt the quickest in the world, but he is a decent centre half. Our centre halfs got no protection last night from a very very ganting central midfield.

The jury is most def out on him though

Shirley your m.f. was stronger without Black though ?

robinhood
22-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Shirley your m.f. was stronger without Black though ?

Exactly, think how bad it could have been.:wink:

euro Hibby
22-09-2010, 10:06 AM
hope they don't have the last laugh. Difficult game at Kilie tonight.

22-09-2010, 10:07 AM
So much so he is now in Huddersfield.

They have flares too do they not :blushie: :bitchy:

Jeeze who'd want to go to Huddersfield? Has he started playing rugby? :rolleyes:

22-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Jeeze who'd want to go to Huddersfield? Has he started playing rugby? :rolleyes:

That's Darren Barr you're thinking of again :greengrin

22-09-2010, 10:14 AM
We owe the podgy manager a huge vote of thanks for saving us from the disaster that is Darren Barr. By all accounts he was dire tonight and the Gorgie natives are calling for his scalp. :greengrin

Wisny all Darren Barr's fault, it's corruption in Scottish football ye ken :rolleyes:

This could very well be my final year for purchasing a season ticket and/or regularly attending matches.

The new season has barely begun in earnest and already my faith in how Scottish football is run and officiated is severely shaky. Every time we appear to be on the wrong end of another injustice I can’t help but look back at the bigger picture of just how rotten to the core the game is. Sure it’s not every decision that goes against us that can honestly be treated as an injustice. We have had plenty of decisions made against us which have been quite correct. Lots of times we’ve received red cards due to the very poor discipline of our players. We must never lose sight of the fact that our players have to take some responsibility for their own actions… but we must also not lose sight of the horrific inequities ingrained within the game.

After Davis-gate I felt incredibly low and sick to death with Scottish football. We all surely did. Eventually I recovered and put the whole stinking episode behind me carried on supporting Hearts. I still harboured a deep and passionate hatred of the bias and institutional corruption inherent in the game but all you can do is support your team as best you can. There’s very little you can do about the rest. There have been well documented more recent cases of us being routinely pumped by corrupt officials. Amongst a whole catalogue of examples, some of the more striking ones include:

* The two cases of us having players red carded on the say of a 4th official. Perhaps within the laws of the game, however very much out of the ordinary and not seen in operation against other teams.

* The two cases of us being awarded penalties and then having them reversed on the say of Referees Assistants. Again within the laws however seemingly reserved for the sole purpose of officiating our matches.

* The Zaliukas red card at Pittodrie. A horrendous decision in real time and later compounded to unbelievable proportions by the corrupt official’s (Brines) refusal to entertain an appeal, even when the television evidence clearly supported it.

* The zealous way in which match officials crack down hard on our players at every turn, while at the same time there are countless instances of players from other teams getting away with exactly the same behaviour. All you can really ask for is a level playing field in order for there to exist a fair sporting contest, however it doesn’t exist. The laws of the game are used on an optional basis by the officials. They are wielded to full effect when it suits them… and they are bypassed and used less zealously when it suits. With there being no accountability of officials, they are at liberty to operate whatever set of rules to their choosing with impunity. I've never wanted all the decisions to go our way. I've only ever wanted a level playing field and for Hearts to be given the same as what everyone else gets. That way you can retain your faith in what you're watching every week.

My problem is solely attributed to Hearts or the way in which I personally perceive we are treated harshly as a matter of routine. It is also much to do with the Scottish game in general. It’s become a desperate dog-eat-dog world where players and managers continually seek to gain every conceivable advantage through whatever means they think they can get away with. The amount of diving and cheating and feigning of injury that goes on is frightening. It’s always existed of course but it’s getting a lot worse, absolutely rife.

At the end of the day I have simply lost all faith in Scottish football to be an enjoyable past-time. I will obviously still support Hearts but I no longer have any faith in the game being administered and officiated in a fair minded and non corrupt way. I can’t continue to set aside what I’ve seen over many years and accept it. If this is paranoia then paranoia it is for me. I very much hope it wears off again and I eventually decide to treat the attendance of football as a separate issue to the insidious corruption enveloping the Scottish game. Right now it’s only really the routine of going along to the football as part of a whole Saturday day out that’s going to keep me going and I’m not sure what will happen in future.

It's not even a good enough product to justify being so corrupt!!!

:bye:Dont really know what to say to that except "dearie me"

22-09-2010, 11:04 AM
The barr signing didnt make sense at the time and it now looks on trying to get one over hibs which is a sad way to run a club.At the time barr signed they had congalves,bouzid and zaliukis competing for the two ch places with wallace and johnsson able to play there as wel.It now looks as if they never intended to keep congalves but get him to sign a contract and then sell him,something which backfired for both parties.it looks as if they are trying to force zaliukis to sign and it looks like a rerun of the congalves situation.there is no doubt for all hertz decent start they are missing congalves and as allan preston said last night the best centre half at hertz wasnt even there but back stewing in kaunas.
I think it is obvious now to even the hertz fans that vlad runs the show and fjk or any other manager needs to toe the line.Last night was a disaster for them with celtic and rangers so far ahead already crowds are going to drop with interest waining on winning the futile 3rd place berth now meaning very little.The cis and the scottish cup are the two areas for teams to get substantial income in and that was a blow for them.Diddy cup or not if they got to the final they,like us if we did, would make a lot of money.Shame for them really.
Barr went to hertz for the money( i doubt it was anywhere near £10k a week but enough above hibs offer to sway him).There will be many more sides capable of exposing hertz central defence and fjk laid the blame squarely at that area of the team for his defeat.I mean it was mark stewart who gave them the runaround.As a celtic fan told me they could have scored six or seven against them.Lets enjoy a luagh today and hope we do the biz tonight so the joke isnt wsted.Btw loved the we dont give a f song last night.So much so that they sold out their allocation.Are they they just thick or have they always missed irony.No need for an answer to that is there.
Keep it coming hertz with the laughs and heres to sutton and blackman scoring at the pbs on sat which there is a very good chance they will.Today is not a bad day after all.Lets hope tonight is as well.

HibeeB
22-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Exactly, think how bad it could have been.:wink:

Just stick with Black and you'll be fine :wink:

22-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Wisny all Darren Barr's fault, it's corruption in Scottish football ye ken :rolleyes:

The amount of diving and cheating and feigning of injury that goes on is frightening. It’s always existed of course but it’s getting a lot worse, absolutely rife.

:bye:Dont really know what to say to that except "dearie me"

complaining about other teams diving and feigning injury. talk aboot a brass neck :hilarious

HibeeB
22-09-2010, 12:04 PM
complaining about other teams diving and feigning injury. talk aboot a brass neck :hilarious

And cheating :nerd:Don't forget about cheating :agree:

Brass neck, rubber legs and a knob of butter :lolyam:

22-09-2010, 12:24 PM

£6k from a good HP.

So nobody really knows how much he's being paid then. :dizzy:

22-09-2010, 03:35 PM
So nobody really knows how much he's being paid then. :dizzy:

That would appear to be a pretty good shout. I'm sure Darren Barr is just thankful he is still being paid.