PDA

View Full Version : We Love u NISHY - We Do !!!!

mcaitchi
21-09-2010, 07:59 PM
ANYONE GOING TO THE GAME TOMORROW ??

REALLY - Think we should cheer the team on to the pitch - :thumbsup:

and give a rendition of " We Love U Nishy We Do " :agree:

Then IF / When we getting Humped - We shall Sing YOGI GTF !!!

Yogi is RIGHT - we should be Cheering The TEAM - And Booing Yogi when he cant make the team work !!!

sundo1875
21-09-2010, 08:02 PM
Agree look at liverpool they were gettin beat 2-0 on Sunday at old Trafford but were still singing you'll never walk alone we should be getting behind the team no matter what the score

E.T. is a Hibee
21-09-2010, 08:02 PM

Yogi is RIGHT - we should be Cheering The TEAM - And Booing Yogi when he cant make the team work !!!

Well said mate!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
21-09-2010, 09:52 PM

Well said mate!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

What if we all sing lets all laugh at Hearts after them getting knocked out by Yogi's ex club?

Laughing at Hearts is far more fun as they are all morons that need to get a sense of reality.

Or we could sing theres only one Albert Kidd? Or make up a song about them getting emptied in the scottish cup a week later by Aberdeen? Or basically all just laugh out loud at there ****ty infrastucture and pishy wee girly pink stadium with a 9686968968648 year old main stand?

Jack
21-09-2010, 10:03 PM
I wish him well at the start of every game, wanting him to do well - I even had a wee pop at someone near me who started his abusive ranting when them team was read out. He was pretty quiet after that about Nishy who played all right in a Nishy sort of way!
He's living the dream we all dream, a Hibby playing for Hibs and there's a few cowards out there turning it to a nightmare. Hope you all sleep well tonight.
Good luck tomorrow Colin.

Ed De Gramo
21-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I wish him well at the start of every game, wanting him to do well - I even had a wee pop at someone near me who started his abusive ranting when them team was read out. He was pretty quiet after that about Nishy who played all right in a Nishy sort of way!
He's living the dream we all dream, a Hibby playing for Hibs and there's a few cowards out there turning it to a nightmare. Hope you all sleep well tonight.
Good luck tomorrow Colin.

:top marks

Thats worth a pint :wink:

Jack
21-09-2010, 10:12 PM
80/- or Best Gramo mate. Still not touching that Tennents OF muck :-)

Ed De Gramo
21-09-2010, 10:14 PM
80/- or Best Gramo mate. Still not touching that Tennents OF muck :-)

Has Christine finally named a drink after me :hyper::cheers::not worth
:greengrin

HibbyAndy
21-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Has Christine finally named a drink after me :hyper::cheers::not worth
:greengrin

Christine was asking where you were the last time Gramo, I said he's still here awrite, You just winnae seem him near the bar :wink:

Ed De Gramo
21-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Christine was asking where you were the last time Gramo, I said he's still here awrite, You just winnae seem him near the bar :wink:

For your cheek....mine's a bottle of Carlsberg and then a rum and coke :wink:

Albion Hibs
21-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I would hope that everyone who is heading along to the game tomorrow will be going with the same view as me, not only cheering on Nish but the whole team.

If nothing else this week has been embarrasing not because of results but the media highlighting how pash a section of our "supporters" are. For me it has been day after day of embarrasment, picking up the paper and reading about how we treat one of our own - we hammer the old firm fans for being fair weather, but last week showed weakness on the fans part.

oldbutdim
21-09-2010, 10:22 PM
There’s a number of fans around me who go apoplectic with rage anytime that Nish fails to do the “right thing” as they see it – although why a player they obviously despise and who apparently has a complete lack of football ability should even be expected to do the “right thing” I really don’t understand.
I’ve seen some real honking centre forwards at Hibs and Nish doesn’t come close to some of these clowns.
Hope the boo-boys keep quiet. It won’t make him any better, and it won’t produce someone better in his stead.
:cool2:

Sammy7nil
21-09-2010, 10:32 PM
The FIFTY odd fans that go up should get right behind Big nish and the team :agree:

Diclonius
21-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Colin Nish
Colin Nish
Colin, Colin Nish
When he gets the ball, he scores a goal
Colin, Colin Nish

:wink:

ballengeich
21-09-2010, 10:41 PM
The FIFTY odd fans that go up should get right behind Big nish and the team :agree:

What about the fans who aren't odd? We want to support Nish and the others too.

Sammy7nil
21-09-2010, 10:48 PM
What about the fans who aren't odd? We want to support Nish and the others too.

All fans attending tomorrow will be deemed to be odd :greengrin:wink:

essexhibee
22-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Hes just so , so awful though.

RIP
22-09-2010, 06:32 AM
He plays for Hibs and so therefore should be automatically supported. There's no ifs, buts or maybes about that. If you boo one of my players it proves to me that you think your opinions matter more than the spirits of my team. You are no better than a yam in my eyes.

If successive managers repeatedly select Nish that means he is part of our squad. Big Colin bleeds Green and White blood every bit as much as Derek Riordan. He definitely tries harder but lacks the bit of magic and class that Deeko can produce. I would never abuse a fellow Hibby - on or off the park. You have to be some kind of sad coward to do so IMO

If we had a better centre forward at the club the manager would play him. We don't. However we only got fourth and Europe last season due to his 5 goals in the last 2 games

He definitely needs his own chant and for me it's a simple one

"Colin is a Hibee"

marinello59
22-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Hes just so , so awful though.

There's plenty of other threads knocking him. Why don't we keep this one supportive? It isn't too much to ask is it? :thumbsup:

Makaveli
22-09-2010, 07:07 AM
I've always rated Nishy. :agree:

Use him properly and he'll score goals as he has proven. Hibby to boot, so cut him some slack.

I felt bad enough when shysters like Wiss and Kerr were booed/publicly ridiculed by the support, but to see it happen to a Hibby and a trier like Nish is sickening.

Baldy Foghorn
22-09-2010, 07:39 AM
C'mon Colin, knock the boo boys tonight, by getting the winner against your old club....:cool2:

Fifer
22-09-2010, 08:42 AM
He plays for Hibs and so therefore should be automatically supported. There's no ifs, buts or maybes about that. If you boo one of my players it proves to me that you think your opinions matter more than the spirits of my team. You are no better than a yam in my eyes.

If successive managers repeatedly select Nish that means he is part of our squad. Big Colin bleeds Green and White blood every bit as much as Derek Riordan. He definitely tries harder but lacks the bit of magic and class that Deeko can produce. I would never abuse a fellow Hibby - on or off the park. You have to be some kind of sad coward to do so IMO

If we had a better centre forward at the club the manager would play him. We don't. However we only got fourth and Europe last season due to his 5 goals in the last 2 games

He definitely needs his own chant and for me it's a simple one

"Colin is a Hibee"

ahibby
22-09-2010, 08:50 AM
I can't make it tonight, but if you guys (and gals) would sing a song for Nishy like those suggested it would be a great jesture and go along way to maybe getting the best out of him and the team.

J-C
22-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Good luck to Nishy and all the other players tonight, to all of you that's going along, give it some wellie and cheer the boys on all night, specially the big fella, he is a Hibby after all, just like us.:greengrin

mutley
22-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I was hoping to get along tonight but can't due to other commitments. Good luck Hibs, just remember Killie in 2007.

NIshy to give us the winner........................Like he did on Saturday but it was a bad ref decission that ruled offside when it wasn't.

Wilson
22-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I would hope that everyone who is heading along to the game tomorrow will be going with the same view as me, not only cheering on Nish but the whole team.

If nothing else this week has been embarrasing not because of results but the media highlighting how pash a section of our "supporters" are. For me it has been day after day of embarrasment, picking up the paper and reading about how we treat one of our own - we hammer the old firm fans for being fair weather, but last week showed weakness on the fans part.

That has deflected attention from the results. We've always had boo boys but never has the focus been so much on them. Yogi and the likes of Hart have all come out in the press to tell us fans how bad we are and nothing about what is going on to halt the slide. Now we're all too busy slapping our wrists instead of worrying about the real problem - that we truly are mince.

These diversionary tactics will only last for so long. If the results don't pick up Yogi wont be able to hide by deflecting the blame on to disgruntled fans or anyone else.

khib70
22-09-2010, 09:54 AM
That has deflected attention from the results. We've always had boo boys but never has the focus been so much on them. Yogi and the likes of Hart have all come out in the press to tell us fans how bad we are and nothing about what is going on to halt the slide. Now we're all too busy slapping our wrists instead of worrying about the real problem - that we truly are mince.

These diversionary tactics will only last for so long. If the results don't pick up Yogi wont be able to hide by deflecting the blame on to disgruntled fans or anyone else.
:top marks Absolutely right. Blinkered cheerleading is going to do our club more harm than good.

MB62
22-09-2010, 09:54 AM
C'mon Colin, knock the boo boys tonight, by getting the winner against your old club....:cool2:

But please remember, when you do bang the ball into the net, and you want to turn round to give a gesture to those 'fans'? who have been slating you, it is NOT ALL OF US.
I don't think Colin is any world beater but the slagging he gets is way OTT IMO.
As someone mentioned, he is the best we have available at the moment and he cannot be faulted for effort. He certainly has things lacking in his game but FFS, gie him a break, then if he is still not doing the biz, let the manager pick an alternative, or better still, let the board pick an alternative manager.

bighairyfaeleith
22-09-2010, 09:57 AM
:top marks Absolutely right. Blinkered cheerleading is going to do our club more harm than good.

Thats my feeling on the matter

Captain Trips
22-09-2010, 10:44 AM

Indeed

green.and.white
22-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Colin Van Nishtelrooy! Colin Van Nishtelrooy!

Dinkydoo
22-09-2010, 11:30 AM
I'll be watching the game via Hibs TV (providing they're showing it......should be though) with my wee 4 pack of Heiniken (working early the morn so can only have a few cans).

Hope the fans and team make a good show of themselves tonight!

GGTTH :notworthy:

Albion Hibs
22-09-2010, 12:10 PM

"blinkered cheerleading" get a grip. Booing a player off during the game does nothing for him, the team on the pitch or the player coming on.

PS As fans we are suppored to cheer our team and as "supporters" we are supposed to support them - be honest do you actually think a 5 sec round of booing does anything for our club before those that are still in the ground leg it to beat traffic??

greenlex
22-09-2010, 12:18 PM
"blinkered cheerleading" get a grip. Booing a player off during the game does nothing for him, the team on the pitch or the player coming on.

PS As fans we are suppored to cheer our team and as "supporters" we are supposed to support them - be honest do you actually think a 5 sec round of booing does anything for our club before those that are still in the ground leg it to beat traffic??

Yup. Spot on. Booing at the end of the game or half time is perfectly acceptable. Last Saturday's cheering as he was subbed was disgraceful.
They have the cheek to call themselves Hibs supporters.:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
22-09-2010, 12:19 PM

I think the point in booing is that particular fan thinks the player is not good enough and wants him moved on, its not to motivate, it is to show you think that player should be sold/dropped. Therefore that fan thinks this is better for the club to drop player or sell so therefore they think its ok to jeer, they will counter by saying clapping a poor performance can be detremental as well.

Booing IMO is totally fine under circumstances you feel things are not as good as they can be.

basehibby
22-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Agree look at liverpool they were gettin beat 2-0 on Sunday at old Trafford but were still singing you'll never walk alone we should be getting behind the team no matter what the score

I remember that old classic being given a right good airing on the terraces at ER - it's been a long time since I've been in an atmosphere like that :boo hoo:

.Whitey.
22-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Its gr8 to see a positive post for a change! ill be supporting the big man along with the rest of our team - (we'll support you ever more)

i think we should go back to slagging and shouting at the opposition fans/players like the good old days :agree:

RIP
22-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Yogi and the likes of Hart have all come out in the press to tell us fans how bad we are and nothing about what is going on to halt the slide.

More lies to back up pathetically weak arguments. Who could support this intolerable behaviour which only serves to destroy player morale at Hibernian FC

Nobody is telling US fans any such thing. Hibs management and players are, like the rest of us, trying to get rid of the mindless and cowardly boo boys who openly abuse Colin Nish. Anyone who does so would be better off at Tynecastle for all the good they are doing our team

If you really want to express your opinion about a player do it on here. But abuse at Hibby at Easter Road - not on my watch mate?

RIP
22-09-2010, 12:38 PM
I think the point in booing is that particular fan thinks the player is not good enough and wants him moved on, its not to motivate, it is to show you think that player should be sold/dropped. Therefore that fan thinks this is better for the club to drop player or sell so therefore they think its ok to jeer, they will counter by saying clapping a poor performance can be detremental as well.

Booing IMO is totally fine under circumstances you feel things are not as good as they can be.

So a minority of fans spend the entire season booing our own players and team until such times as Hibs have the team of players they think we deserve?

Candidate for the most illogical post of the year? :crazy:

Captain Trips
22-09-2010, 12:42 PM
More lies to back up pathetically weak arguments. Who could support this intolerable behaviour which only serves to destroy player morale at Hibernian FC

Nobody is telling US fans any such thing. Hibs management and players are, like the rest of us, trying to get rid of the mindless and cowardly boo boys who openly abuse Colin Nish. Anyone who does so would be better off at Tynecastle for all the good they are doing our team

If you really want to express your opinion about a player do it on here. But abuse at Hibby at Easter Road - not on my watch mate?

While at Hampden watching our team take a sore one V Hearts 4-0 not that long, I witnessed everyone I could see our here booing jeering and going mental at Zibbi after his miskick for 3rd or 4th, that afternoon a point was reached for many on his skills or lack of. Now I am not saying you but if any person on here is honest enough to say they booed at that or booed at anyone once during Duffy or at anytime then I cant see how they can say anything abount Nish getting booed.

I am sure many people have never once shouted anything negative but if you have even the odd time then maybe those who boo Nish or A N Other feel as you did then.

IMO if everyone who booed and jeered at Zibbi or others that day did not go back to ER then I think the staduim would not have many people in it.

I can easily say I have never once booed or shouted anythng bad since 1988, truth is I have many times over the years.

Captain Trips
22-09-2010, 12:45 PM
So a minority of fans spend the entire season booing our own players and team until such times as Hibs have the team of players they think we deserve?

Candidate for the most illogical post of the year? :crazy:

Yes you will find thats why they boo, whats illogical about that? I didnt say it would work but that is IMO why some folk boo until they see a player fit for purpose in there eyes whats so illogical about that being pointed out?

And I will be corrected but its why over 50% of the fans started booing at Duffy until they and I included got a manager we thought we deserved. I will edit in saying over 50% as IMO I think from the volume on matchdays both home and away It seemed the majority had started to turn only after and this is important myself and everyone else whoo booed gave him terrific support and time to turn it round possibly why he was there so long, that cannot be understated how tolerant the support was.

basehibby
22-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Idiots undermining the confidence of our players does harm to Hibs in a very real and direct way.

I am no blinkered cheerleader but I very much buy into the idea of getting behind the team and supporting them through thick AND thin - it's well known that the fans of any club have a part to play in driving their team forward and I have no intention of shirking that responsibility on the say so of some self appointed bunch of "experts".

As far as I'm concerned, if the team plays sheight tonight and gets knocked out then at the end of 90 (or 120) mins you are welcome to boo away to your hearts content - I'm sure Yogi will get the message.

But if you lack the self control to stop yourself booing ANY of our players during play - regardless of whether they're having a bad game or not - please do so in the knowledge that you are held in utter contempt by many of your fellow supporters.

RIP
22-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Yes you will find thats why they boo, whats illogical about that? I didnt say it would work but that is IMO why some folk boo until they see a player fit for purpose in there eyes whats so illogical about that being pointed out?

And I will be corrected but its why over 50% of the fans started booing at Duffy until they and I included got a manager we thought we deserved.

Sorry mate - I see you were explaining not defending. As you can tell a lot of us are really pi ssed off with the reputation a minority are earning for the club we love

bawheid
22-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Idiots undermining the confidence of our players does harm to Hibs in a very real and direct way.

I am no blinkered cheerleader but I very much buy into the idea of getting behind the team and supporting them through thick AND thin - it's well known that the fans of any club have a part to play in driving their team forward and I have no intention of shirking that responsibility on the say so of some self appointed bunch of "experts".

As far as I'm concerned, if the team plays sheight tonight and gets knocked out then at the end of 90 (or 120) mins you are welcome to boo away to your hearts content - I'm sure Yogi will get the message.

But if you lack the self control to stop yourself booing ANY of our players during play - regardless of whether they're having a bad game or not - please do so in the knowledge that you are held in utter contempt by many of your fellow supporters.

Grown men booing at a Hibs player during a game really should take a look at themselves. It lacks class. It's unacceptable.

Captain Trips
22-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Sorry mate - I see you were explaining not defending. As you can tell a lot of us are really pi ssed off with the reputation a minority are earning for the club we love

I am to a point defending it, I booed Paul Tosh, Duffy others in my time I cannot then say to folk dont boo Nish, IMO Nish isnt great but is ok player however perhaps folk think he is as poor as I though Tosh, Duffy etc

basehibby
22-09-2010, 12:57 PM

Us fans???? I think what you mean is "us boo boys". I didn't feel any of that criticism was directed at me as a Hibs fan because I didn't partake in it.

Anyway - Hughes' comments were not intended as a diversionary tactic - he said himself "Boo me if you must but not the players" or similar. Doesn't sound like he's ducking his responsibilities to me. What he is doing is pointing out the blindingly obvious - booing a player on the pitch is likely to have a direct negative effect on the individual/team morale and therefore their performance.

khib70
22-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Rubbish. Yogi is indulging in diversionary tactics to draw attention away from his inept performance as manager. Judging by your posts, and some of the other self-righteous rabble-rousing going on on here, it's working.

And it's not "your watch", mate. It belongs to all of us. Abuse and expressing disapproval are two different things. And the day I conduct my support of the team according to some North Korea type party line laid down by you and your fellow uberfans is a long time coming.

Anyone can prevent themself from booing or expressing any kind of "off message" view by the simple expedient of sticking their head firmly in the sand.

basehibby
22-09-2010, 01:11 PM
While at Hampden watching our team take a sore one V Hearts 4-0 not that long, I witnessed everyone I could see our here booing jeering and going mental at Zibbi after his miskick for 3rd or 4th, that afternoon a point was reached for many on his skills or lack of. Now I am not saying you but if any person on here is honest enough to say they booed at that or booed at anyone once during Duffy or at anytime then I cant see how they can say anything abount Nish getting booed.

I am sure many people have never once shouted anything negative but if you have even the odd time then maybe those who boo Nish or A N Other feel as you did then.

IMO if everyone who booed and jeered at Zibbi or others that day did not go back to ER then I think the staduim would not have many people in it.

I can easily say I have never once booed or shouted anythng bad since 1988, truth is I have many times over the years.

The example you pick is a very poor one - that sorry day witnessed a humliation by our greatest rivals at the national stadium - no I didn't boo Zibby or anyone else that day, but I could certainly understand and didn't blame anyone that did on that particular occasion.
Last Saturday was not even remotely similar to that situation - a player who was trying his socks off (and always does), and who for that matter was one of the few in his side having a half decent game, was booed/ironically cheered off the pitch by what seemed to me to be a bunch of brainless petulant idiots. Maybe you all thought you were making an intelligent statement but that's how it came accross to me - sorry if the truth hurts.

marinello59
22-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Rubbish. Yogi is indulging in diversionary tactics to draw attention away from his inept performance as manager. Judging by your posts, and some of the other self-righteous rabble-rousing going on on here, it's working.

And it's not "your watch", mate. It belongs to all of us. Abuse and expressing disapproval are two different things. And the day I conduct my support of the team according to some North Korea type party line laid down by you and your fellow uberfans is a long time coming.

Anyone can prevent themself from booing or expressing any kind of "off message" view by the simple expedient of sticking their head firmly in the sand.

:faf:
Irony at it's best. You condemn what you see as 'self-righteous' rabble rousing then come out with that self rightreous garbage.
Have you thought about attending pantomime rather than the fitba. Booing isn't just acceptable there, it's encouraged. :agree:

basehibby
22-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Sorry mate but as far as I can see you've got your heid up your own erse simply cos you like the flavour of the sheight you are spouting.

If Hughes is indulging in diversionary tactics then how come he's expressing exactly the same opinion as many Hibs fans (witness this thread along with many others) about the negative influence of booing particular players?

As far as I can see, his comments have made NO difference to the crappy start to the season which is there in black and white for all to see - so if there's any diversion it's not working. What he is doing is trying to remove the pressure being exerted from certain sections of the support from his players so that they have the best chance of performing to their abilities - ie. HIS JOB!

Captain Trips
22-09-2010, 01:34 PM
The example you pick is a very poor one - that sorry day witnessed a humliation by our greatest rivals at the national stadium - no I didn't boo Zibby or anyone else that day, but I could certainly understand and didn't blame anyone that did on that particular occasion.
Last Saturday was not even remotely similar to that situation - a player who was trying his socks off (and always does), and who for that matter was one of the few in his side having a half decent game, was booed/ironically cheered off the pitch by what seemed to me to be a bunch of brainless petulant idiots. Maybe you all thought you were making an intelligent statement but that's how it came accross to me - sorry if the truth hurts.

I have never booed Nish so whats the "you" part, and the truth hurts? , there is no truth as that is your opinion so I dont think it will hurt those who boo players. As I said booing is booing you say you can understand it on that day and as I said perhaps some think Nish is that bad so depending on the situation you find it understandable? So on that occasion the booing will acheive what at Hampden? So maybe the folk think Nish is as bad as Zibbi or feel the same as many did that day on him so why is that not understandble?

khib70
22-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Sorry mate but as far as I can see you've got your heid up your own erse simply cos you like the flavour of the sheight you are spouting.

If Hughes is indulging in diversionary tactics then how come he's expressing exactly the same opinion as many Hibs fans (witness this thread along with many others) about the negative influence of booing particular players?

As far as I can see, his comments have made NO difference to the crappy start to the season which is there in black and white for all to see - so if there's any diversion it's not working. What he is doing is trying to remove the pressure being exerted from certain sections of the support from his players so that they have the best chance of performing to their abilities - ie. HIS JOB!
Your resort to personal abuse has a nicely ironic ring to it. In fact, the insults directed at fellow supporters by a number of people on your side of the discussion are supremely ironic.

Hughes is making a big deal out of this to create precisely the situation we have here. It's his one success of the season. Half the board is now about how fans should behave, instead of being about the miserable, disorganised shambles that is our football team under his "leadership"

And while I don't feel the need to explain myself to you or anyone else, I didn't personally boo any individual Hibs player on Saturday or any other day. Nor did I cheer Nish's substitution. I did boo at the end, as did a great many others (who you presumably berated in person the same way you are doing from your keyboard) because for us, it's just not good enough.

And there's nothing self-righteous about objecting to those who say "support the club my way, or you're not a proper supporter". That statement is itself the absolute epitome of self righteousness.

basehibby
22-09-2010, 02:08 PM
I have never booed Nish so whats the "you" part, and the truth hurts? , there is no truth as that is your opinion so I dont think it will hurt those who boo players. As I said booing is booing you say you can understand it on that day and as I said perhaps some think Nish is that bad so depending on the situation you find it understandable? So on that occasion the booing will acheive what at Hampden? So maybe the folk think Nish is as bad as Zibbi or feel the same as many did that day on him so why is that not understandble?

Sorry about the"you". You were defending the player-booing position in your posts so I wrongly assumed you were joining in with it. As far as "the truth hurts" is concerned, that is how many people at Easter Road and beyond will have perceived the actions of this un-silent minority so the statement stands as far as I'm concerned - ie. it aint big or clever but just makes us all look pretty stupid.

Re the Hamden debacle - the boos on that occasion achieved zilch apart from letting people get their entirely understandable disappointment off their chests. If you can't understand the difference between that occasion and a 1-1 draw at home to Inverness in which the boo-ee in question did nothing particularly wrong then I'm wasting my time responding to you.

Captain Trips
22-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Sorry about the"you". You were defending the player-booing position in your posts so I wrongly assumed you were joining in with it. As far as "the truth hurts" is concerned, that is how many people at Easter Road and beyond will have perceived the actions of this un-silent minority so the statement stands as far as I'm concerned - ie. it aint big or clever but just makes us all look pretty stupid.

Re the Hamden debacle - the boos on that occasion achieved zilch apart from letting people get their entirely understandable disappointment off their chests. If you can't understand the difference between that occasion and a 1-1 draw at home to Inverness in which the boo-ee in question did nothing particularly wrong then I'm wasting my time responding to you.

I can understand the difference but you are deciding from your standpoint it was letting things of chest this neither of us know and again you let your opinion of a player who did nothing particulary wrong mean its not on to boo, he might have been dreadful in other folks eyes to a point were they had had enough. You are suggesting that is how the many will percieve the actions again an opinion based on nothing more than your own thoughts but stating as if its the fact.

I think this a broader topic than Nish and would be happy to defend my corner on a player being booed on another thread as I think this thread was a positive one on Nish I came in as disagreed with some points, I think Nish has had several threads slating I want this one to get back to support for him.

Hamish
22-09-2010, 02:21 PM
There’s a number of fans around me who go apoplectic with rage anytime that Nish fails to do the “right thing” as they see it – although why a player they obviously despise and who apparently has a complete lack of football ability should even be expected to do the “right thing” I really don’t understand.
I’ve seen some real honking centre forwards at Hibs and Nish doesn’t come close to some of these clowns.Hope the boo-boys keep quiet. It won’t make him any better, and it won’t produce someone better in his stead.
:cool2:

100 % correct.:agree:

basehibby
22-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Your resort to personal abuse has a nicely ironic ring to it. In fact, the insults directed at fellow supporters by a number of people on your side of the discussion are supremely ironic.

Hughes is making a big deal out of this to create precisely the situation we have here. It's his one success of the season. Half the board is now about how fans should behave, instead of being about the miserable, disorganised shambles that is our football team under his "leadership"

And while I don't feel the need to explain myself to you or anyone else, I didn't personally boo any individual Hibs player on Saturday or any other day. Nor did I cheer Nish's substitution. I did boo at the end, as did a great many others (who you presumably berated in person the same way you are doing from your keyboard) because for us, it's just not good enough.

And there's nothing self-righteous about objecting to those who say "support the club my way, or you're not a proper supporter". That statement is itself the absolute epitome of self righteousness.

As I've stated in other posts, I've no problem with fans booing the whole team/manager at the end of a sheight performance - there's a massive difference between that and targetting individual pet hate figures during a game. I'm glad you don't indulge in that yourself and am mystefied as to why you're making a point of sticking up for those who do (unless of course it's just for the sake of slagging off yet another Hughes interview :hmmm:) - and by the way - YES - I did berate a bloke sitting behind me who was shouting the odds at Nish for not getting to a ball that was flying ten feet over his head - I've done it before and I'll keep doing it as I consider it a part of supporting my team.

bighairyfaeleith
22-09-2010, 02:27 PM
:faf:
Irony at it's best. You condemn what you see as 'self-righteous' rabble rousing then come out with that self rightreous garbage.
Have you thought about attending pantomime rather than the fitba. Booing isn't just acceptable there, it's encouraged. :agree:

I love how you only point these things out in the posts from people on one side of the argument:rolleyes:

Phil MaGlass
22-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Get behind him and the team

marinello59
22-09-2010, 02:41 PM
I love how you only point these things out in the posts from people on one side of the argument:rolleyes:

:confused: And the relevance to the debate is?

bighairyfaeleith
22-09-2010, 02:50 PM
:confused: And the relevance to the debate is?

well you are coming out and slating the guy for his post, but why not point out the same thing in all the other posts before him by other posters.

Is it because his argument is not the popular one?

My thread the other week about lay off the fans was tongue in cheek, but perhaps it shouldn't have been. I'm actually really disappointed at some of the things our supporters have said about fellow fans on this and other threads.

By all means get behind nish, but I think some of the comments made at other fans on here is a bit OTT.

marinello59
22-09-2010, 02:58 PM
well you are coming out and slating the guy for his post, but why not point out the same thing in all the other posts before him by other posters.

My thread the other week about lay off the fans was tongue in cheek, but perhaps it shouldn't have been. I'm actually really disappointed at some of the things our supporters have said about fellow fans on this and other threads.

By all means get behind nish, but I think some of the comments made at other fans on here is a bit OTT.

Ah. is that what we have to do? Reply to every single post in a thread? I just don't have the time, sorry.
I don't see anything wrong with saying that booing during a game is unacceptable? Im my opinion it is. Is that OTT? At the end of the match? It's inevitable if things have continued to go badly.
If you genuinely feel people have overstepped the mark then report the post to admin.

manx hibee
22-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Grown men booing at a Hibs player during a game really should take a look at themselves. It lacks class. It's unacceptable.

nishy is a hibee fact! do we all think he is not trying ? the booers do!!!! so they need to put there selves in his boots! maybe as a hibee he is trying toooooo hard because of his love for the club and not just there for the wage like some we have seen !
if we got behind the hibees in the team and the rest maybe we could turn this sh itty form around! but for the record every hibs fan should love them through thick and thin i know i do!!!! but if you dont then keep your opinions to forums and not games as it makes us look like mugs WE ARE HIBBIES AND PROUD gbth :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

bighairyfaeleith
22-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Ah. is that what we have to do? Reply to every single post in a thread? I just don't have the time, sorry.
I don't see anything wrong with saying that booing during a game is unacceptable? Im my opinion it is. Is that OTT? At the end of the match? It's inevitable if things have continued to go badly.
If you genuinely feel people have overstepped the mark then report the post to admin.

no ofcourse you don't, however I have seen you reply to a few posts and always in the same way, but perhaps you just haven't read the rest as you say.

I wouldn't ask for any posts to be removed, everyones opinions count (some for less than others ofcourse:wink:), but that doesn't mean I have to like them.

I personally think threads that are setup to criticise our own fans for criticising players that go on and call fans yams, non supporters and various other things a bit OTT. Perhaps I'm wrong but can there not be a debate without the need for that?

It appears to be that if you have any opinion other than being against the booing you will get labelled and criticised on this and several other threads. The funny thing is the people doing all the criticising on here are the people trying to paint themselves as the sensible majority.

khib70
22-09-2010, 03:10 PM

marinello59
22-09-2010, 03:23 PM
It appears to be that if you have any opinion other than being against the booing you will get labelled and criticised on this and several other threads. The funny thing is the people doing all the criticising on here are the people trying to paint themselves as the sensible majority.

I'm not so sure that's true. From those who would justify booing players through a game we have had digs like Uber fans, Self righteous rabble rousers etc etc It's just typically robust debating as happens on any football message board. I am sure nobody will be overly hurt on either side.
Surely though, those who would justify throwing abuse and booing players wouldn't be averse to getting a wee bit of stick back? Maybe the anti booers could wait until the thread is exhausted then boo the boo boys.:greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
22-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm not so sure that's true. From those who would justify booing players through a game we have had digs like Uber fans, Self righteous rabble rousers etc etc It's just typically robust debating as happens on any football message board. I am sure nobody will be overly hurt on either side.
Surely though, those who would justify throwing abuse and booing players wouldn't be averse to getting a wee bit of stick back? Maybe the anti booers could wait until the thread is exhausted then boo the boo boys.:greengrin

I understand your point, however your wrong! FACT! ENDOF! Close the thread I win!!:greengrin

marinello59
22-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I understand your point, however your wrong! FACT! ENDOF! Close the thread I win!!:greengrin

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Less of the booing individual posters :wink: dont you know that this may effect his confidence to post once again :devil:

xyz23jc
22-09-2010, 04:18 PM

:top marks:thumbsup::greengrin:faf: Kwality! What a double act!