PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports 1 - Missing data at edge of screen ?

2belhaven
21-09-2010, 07:11 PM
Think this may have been mentioned before but it is driving me mad. I have a good 42" Sony screen and i cannot get all the stuff (particularly the results as they happen) that is at the edge of the screen.

What is going on - can i complain to Sky ?

Is it my telly ?

Green_one
21-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Just change your picture setting to another size. Mine was the same and actually all pictures are now better not just Sky sports.

2belhaven
21-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Just change your picture setting to another size. Mine was the same and actually all pictures are now better not just Sky sports.

Tried that Wide Smart etc etc and still no joy :confused:

HibbyKeith
21-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Its the picture settings from the sky box, not your tv.

services button on your sky remote and settings/picture settings should do the trick, had the same problem a while back.

Craig_in_Prague
21-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Same problem since they changed their layout...

Services, then 4 then 1, and change to 16:9 from 4:3
to fix the SSN channel anyway.... might need to change back when watching all others.
ps. This works on new style TV (LCD/PLazma) but not my old TV in other room. Buggers!!

scott7_0(Prague)
21-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Think this may have been mentioned before but it is driving me mad. I have a good 42" Sony screen and i cannot get all the stuff (particularly the results as they happen) that is at the edge of the screen.

What is going on - can i complain to Sky ?

Is it my telly ?

Blame Yogi, not only is there no width in the current HIbs team there is no width in your TV....... Yogi GTF :grr:

2belhaven
21-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Same problem since they changed their layout...

Services, then 4 then 1, and change to 16:9 from 4:3
to fix the SSN channel anyway.... might need to change back when watching all others.
ps. This works on new style TV (LCD/PLazma) but not my old TV in other room. Buggers!!

Should have mentioned it is Virgin Media I have and not Sky TV. I presume you are referring to the Sky controller ?

Thanks

Craig_in_Prague
21-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Should have mentioned it is Virgin Media I have and not Sky TV. I presume you are referring to the Sky controller ?

Thanks

yeah i was referring to the sky remote...........sorry, assumed you had same issue.

If there's screen settings through your set-top box, then try change.... Dont know why they done this though, bit of a pain.

Onceinawhile
21-09-2010, 08:24 PM
It is the same problem with Virgin.

If you go to menu and then options (I think) and there is a way to change it to 16:9.

It does fix it.

Green_one
21-09-2010, 08:36 PM
I have VIrgin

Went into home,settings , change display and there are a list of possible areas to change which includes at the top one for TV display. I actually changed mine from 4.3 to 4.3 letterbox and it was great. Prob depends on TV.

Teuchter Hibbie
21-09-2010, 10:32 PM
i have a 50 inch tv with the same problem, corrected if you change your picture settings on the tv menu.

iwasthere1972
21-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Glad I logged on. Been meaning to change my Sky settings for weeks now.

:thumbsup: I can now see the sides.

Arch Stanton
22-09-2010, 08:01 AM
I hope HFC are reading this - it was quite disconcerting on Sat to only see the first half of the half-time scores.