PDA

View Full Version : Sky secure the masters

H18sry
21-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Full 4 day coverage in 3D and HD also the Wednesday par 3 contest to be covered :thumbsup: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11071_6391495,00.html

Sylar
21-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Why is this a good thing?

a) The BBC coverage is widely available
b) The coverage is good
c) The Par 3 contest and Amen Corner live on the Red Button are brilliant

It spells the beginning of the end for golf on the BBC really.

H18sry
21-09-2010, 08:31 PM

b) The coverage is good

Its a good thing [IMO] because Sky's coverage will be the whole of the masters where the BBC only realy cover the back 9,

Hibbie_Cameron
21-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Par 3 contest will be live on sky on the wednesday.

I think Sky's golf coverage is top notch, no more cutting to Ken Brown every 5 mins running across the fairway:greengrin

Golden Bear
22-09-2010, 08:24 AM

b) The coverage is good

:agree:

It's not everyone that can afford Sky Sports and at a time when golf is struggling at Club level then I would have thought the powers at be would have been going out of their way to ensure that TV coverage is available to as many viewers as possible.

I also hope that increased viewing times does not result in a decrease in the quality of the broadcasts.

Golden Bear
22-09-2010, 08:31 AM
Its a good thing [IMO] because Sky's coverage will be the whole of the masters where the BBC only realy cover the back 9,

:hmmm:

Are you sure? I could be wrong, but I think that coverage is/was extended into the front nine as well.

In any case, I'm pretty sure the extent of the coverage was outwith the direct control of the Beeb. The Augusta Club ruled the roost as far as that was concerned.

Woody1985
22-09-2010, 11:54 AM
The prices for Sky & Virgin are obscene IMO and are out of the reach of a lot of people. To get broadband and the phone packages all in one you're looking at £80+ a month and if you even think about watching the TV in bed or in another room you get shafted again.

hibsboy90
22-09-2010, 12:57 PM
The prices for Sky & Virgin are obscene IMO and are out of the reach of a lot of people. To get broadband and the phone packages all in one you're looking at £80+ a month and if you even think about watching the TV in bed or in another room you get shafted again.
Which channels would you want that for? :wink:

Seriously though i use the sky player when in bed, and for another room, if you want the same channel its relatively easy IMO.

BBC does still have Masters rights, just in addition to Sky. BBC only showing the weekend!

Woody1985
22-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Which channels would you want that for? :wink:

Seriously though i use the sky player when in bed, and for another room, if you want the same channel its relatively easy IMO.

BBC does still have Masters rights, just in addition to Sky. BBC only showing the weekend!

Nothing I don't have a woman or the internet for. :greengrin

That's the trouble, I'd want different channels from what would be on in the livingroom.

I just signed up for Talk Talk phone and broadband again and wish I didn't as I now fancy virgin (:greengrin) with the fibre optic cables. Pretty expensive all in, the thing that's annoying is the basic packages are crap. No one wants the basic crap. Does anyone actually have the basic package for TV, phone and broadband? I'd just get pissed looking at all the channels I'd want to watch but couldn't!