PDA

View Full Version : Maka

bongo'd
21-09-2010, 03:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8958261.stm

Good luck to the big man. Hope he does well and earns himself a longer deal.

SRHibs
21-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Would take Maka over Stack or Smith any day of the week. Good luck to him.:agree:

bongo'd
21-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Would take Maka over Stack or Smith any day of the week. Good luck to him.:agree:

As would I mate. The thing is though he was prone to the odd blunder/lapse in concentration and the boo boys would be right on his case. Think it was better for all parties that he left. With the right coaching/experience, there is a cracking goalie in there IMO.

Hainan Hibs
21-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Good luck Maka. Will always remember the Roseburn stand singing his song in the Brian Kerr derby:greengrin:thumbsup:

Littlest Hobo
21-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Good luck to the big fella but let's no beat aboot the bush. He was pish for us.:boo hoo:

Far too laid back for a keeper in my opinion.

Looked more like a basketball player with the jersey oot the shorts.

For a big guy he failed to command anything in the box whatsoever.

Was glad to see the back of him and just because Stack and Smith have been ***** doesn't/wont change my opinion of him.

Hope he proves me wrong though. :wink::greengrin

Littlest Hobo
21-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Very droll...

:agree::greengrin

hibee
21-09-2010, 05:04 PM
I liked him and always thought he could have been a top keeper, his first team chances maybe came a bit too soon for him at hibs

Littlest Hobo
21-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I liked him and always thought he could have been a top keeper, his first team chances maybe came a bit too soon for him at hibs

You liked him? :bitchy: Why:confused: He was a complete failure and as bad a goalie I've seen since Zibi. What was there to like? Yes he was young but facts are facts he wasn't nearly good enough.

There have been plenty young guys paid off because their deemed not good enough, i really didn't see what made him so different?:confused:

500miles
21-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Maka needed to move on. He may have had a good keeper in him, but I don't think he possessed the character to show that at a club where he had already earned himself a reputation as a cock-up merchant.

Littlest Hobo
21-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Maka needed to move on. He may have had a good keeper in him, but I don't think he possessed the character to show that at a club where he had already earned himself a reputation as a cock-up merchant.

:top marks:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
21-09-2010, 05:36 PM
More like he had a manager who couldn't cope with how good he was. He wasn't comfortable with the excepionally athletic and brilliant things he could pull off :agree:

He had 3 managers who all apparently had the same problem.

SRHibs
21-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I think you're overstating how bad he was really GS. I think with a little bit more confidence and time he could've been a really good keeper for us. His shot-stopping was generally excellent - much better than that of Stack and Smith. Fair enough, he was prone to the odd crazy error, but I think he has the potential and would've preferred if we'd kept him on the books.

(((Fergus)))
21-09-2010, 08:45 PM
1-3 victory tonight on his debut. Some quotes from Swans fans:

Sounded as if he made a few good stops very promising that we have a good back-up glad to see the squad as a whole is beginning to take shape!

Agreed - if the commentary is anything to go by ... sounds like a VERY nice debut ...

hibee_girl
21-09-2010, 09:07 PM
I think you're overstating how bad he was really GS. I think with a little bit more confidence and time he could've been a really good keeper for us. His shot-stopping was generally excellent - much better than that of Stack and Smith. Fair enough, he was prone to the odd crazy error, but I think he has the potential and would've preferred if we'd kept him on the books.

:agree:

hibee
21-09-2010, 09:14 PM
You liked him? :bitchy: Why:confused: He was a complete failure and as bad a goalie I've seen since Zibi. What was there to like? Yes he was young but facts are facts he wasn't nearly good enough.

There have been plenty young guys paid off because their deemed not good enough, i really didn't see what made him so different?:confused:

Yes I liked him, it's not a crime, he was a young guy with decent potential who was thrown into the first team at what was a very young age for a keeper. I haven't seen anything in the keepers who have played since that makes me think they are any better, hope he goes on to have a great career somewhere.

Danderhall Hibs
21-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Yes I liked him, it's not a crime, he was a young guy with decent potential who was thrown into the first team at what was a very young age for a keeper. I haven't seen anything in the keepers who have played since that makes me think they are any better, hope he goes on to have a great career somewhere.

Not even the lack of mistakes? Smith excluded obviously.

This is a pointless debate - once a week there's a thread about the boy. We tried him, he made too many mistakes, we got rid.

Newhaven
21-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Loving the posts from the Maka fans impressed as he played in a Carling Cup tie against Boro :bye:

Lets face it. Swansea have signed a guy who likes to get his picture taken with the fans, works well with the kids and who, if called upon, can play in goals if the 3rd choice boy is injured..

So glad he's off the books at Hibs.

Danderhall Hibs
21-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Any more mistakes than others? Married up to the benefits of points saved as a result of his extraordinary brilliance?

More mistakes than Stack and Brown. :agree: Smith probably matched him in a 4 day period last season.

(((Fergus)))
21-09-2010, 09:37 PM
The League One pace-setters were unlucky [not] to go in front two minutes later when George Boyd's pass found Aaron McLean in space on the edge of the six-yard box, but new Swansea keeper Yves Makabu-Makalambay saved superbly.

First Boyd sent a shot just wide of the right-hand upright and then, in the 73rd minute, substitute Lee Tomlin brought a fine save from Makabu-Makalambay - only for referee Miller to award a goal-kick.

That killed off Peterborough's resistance, their final chance coming to naught when Mackail-Smith was again denied by Makabu-Makalambay.

Can I get free beer too? :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
21-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Some great work by Jack,digging up stats might make you reconsider.Although when he's a top goalie in A top league,you won't get your head round it:rolleyes:

Stats are as good as you want to make them.

Can I get free beer too? :thumbsup:

You've missed the boat mate - A Reg is buying me a beer. :thumbsup: Hopefully after that we can stop posting threads about the guy. Mind you it'll be harder to dig up match reports on Swansea reserves over the next few weeks so they might tail off.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-09-2010, 09:49 PM
According to the reporter on SKY he shouldve had a stonewall pen given against him, but, the ref never gave it. Anyway, he has gone now, cannae wait to see him playing against us in the CL in years to come!

Hibs90
21-09-2010, 09:57 PM
? Yes he was young but facts are facts he wasn't nearly good enough.

Someone posted some stats showing he was actually decent in goal for Hibs and had a good record and I will try to dig them out, and since facts are facts you can't argue against this.

(((Fergus)))
21-09-2010, 10:07 PM
You can have one of mine! I'll need some help.:greengrin

:party:

Sammy7nil
21-09-2010, 10:38 PM
The 3 keepers we have are all much of a muchness, all are as good now as they will eer be no potential to get better.

Maka has bags of room for improvement and could be very very good.

He may fail but he was definately worth keeping on the books and taking a chance he fufilled his potential.

GOOd Luck Maka

Andy74
22-09-2010, 08:28 AM
The 3 keepers we have are all much of a muchness, all are as good now as they will eer be no potential to get better.

Maka has bags of room for improvement and could be very very good.

He may fail but he was definately worth keeping on the books and taking a chance he fufilled his potential.

GOOd Luck Maka

The problem was he did have potential and I defended him on here for two years. He had all the tools to be a really great keeper.

Unfortunately the reality is that he wan't learning from the simple mistakes he was making and the conclusion has to be that he will never be able to change these things if he isn't changing them now.

It's right that the keepers we have probably aren't capable of the 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10 performances that Maka could be capable of but they are generally 7 out of 10 guys every week. Maka had the capability of being 4 or 5 out of 10 every few weeks and that's why a lot of people are far more comfortable with what we are goijg to get every week now.

TornadoHibby
22-09-2010, 08:46 AM
The problem was he did have potential and I defended him on here for two years. He had all the tools to be a really great keeper.

Unfortunately the reality is that he wan't learning from the simple mistakes he was making and the conclusion has to be that he will never be able to change these things if he isn't changing them now.

It's right that the keepers we have probably aren't capable of the 9 out of 10 or 10 out of 10 performances that Maka could be capable of but they are generally 7 out of 10 guys every week. Maka had the capability of being 4 or 5 out of 10 every few weeks and that's why a lot of people are far more comfortable with what we are goijg to get every week now.

Andy, I don't recall ever reading a post from you defending Maka but do recall you berating him for the "large number of calamitous misakes" that he regularly made. :confused:

On the other hand and, whilst I have let the matter lie since he left Hibs in the Summer, I felt that he was a fantastic keeper in the making and only needed self confidence to achieve the excellent potential that he undoubtedly possesses IMO! :agree:

Looks like he's got a decent team working with him now and if he gets supported properly by the coaching staff to beat the "self confidence" issue that he seemed to have from time to time, assuming that this was not simply down to certain dominant and older team-mates at Hibs :wink:, then he will go on to achieve better things in football than quite a few posting on here think! :agree:

Then again, at Hibs, if you "sh*g one sheep" to coin an old phrase, you will NEVER be allowed to forget it no matter what fantastic heights of excellence you reach at other times for the team! :confused:

There's a raft of others who fall into the same category but everyone already knows their names as this Board only really concentrates on those to be berated largely these days! :grr:

That right Nishy?! :wink:

Good on ye Maka, be all you can be mate! :wink: :cool2:

Kaiser1962
22-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Not even the lack of mistakes? Smith excluded obviously.

This is a pointless debate - once a week there's a thread about the boy. We tried him, he made too many mistakes, we got rid.

Stack excluded for the PBS debacle as well then?

matty_f
22-09-2010, 08:49 AM
Andy, I don't recall ever reading a post from you defending Maka but do recall you berating him for the "large number of calamitous misakes" that he regularly made. :confused:

On the other hand and, whilst I have let the matter lie since he left Hibs in the Summer, I felt that he was a fantastic keeper in the making and only needed self confidence to achieve the excellent potential that he undoubtedly possesses IMO! :agree:

Looks like he's got a decent team working with him now and if he gets supported properly by the coaching staff to beat the "self confidence" issue that he seemed to have from time to time, assuming that this was not simply down to certain dominant and older team-mates at Hibs :wink:, then he will go on to achieve better things in football than quite a few posting on here think! :agree:

Then again, at Hibs, if you "sh*g one sheep" to coin an old phrase, you will NEVER be allowed to forget it no matter what fantastic heights of excellence you reach at other times for the team! :confused:

There's a raft of others who fall into the same category but everyone already knows their names as the Board only really concentrates on those to be berated largely these days! :grr:

Good on ye Maka, be all you can be mate! :wink: :cool2:

Andy definitely defended Maka long after most others had given up - a good few of us did, however the reality was that he wasn't improving. People rightly got sick of the costly mistakes and started to comment that he wasn't at the level required to be a top 6 SPL goalkeeper.

number 27
22-09-2010, 09:35 AM
Andy definitely defended Maka long after most others had given up - a good few of us did, however the reality was that he wasn't improving. People rightly got sick of the costly mistakes and started to comment that he wasn't at the level required to be a top 6 SPL goalkeeper.

Would fit in nicely now, our current team is a stick on for bottom six.

matty_f
22-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Would fit in nicely now, our current team is a stick on for bottom six.

That's a fair point.:greengrin

(((Fergus)))
22-09-2010, 09:51 AM

Spot on. With Hibernian's budget we can either have rough diamonds or consistent mediocrity. Personally I find the rough diamonds (Maka, Zemmama, Benji, Sproule, Shiels, Riordan, etc.) far more entertaining and worth parting with 20-plus quid to watch in hope of a good performance than the journeyman type in expectation of respectable, inconspicuous underachievement.

I also think it leads to better performances and results in the long run, e.g., if as you say Maka had an average of 9.5 per game interspersed with the occasional 4.5 then, to match someone with a consistent 7 out of 10 (and that is being generous, 6 would be fairer IMO), he would have to have a poor performance every second game to match the journeyman's average of 7. The stats on clean sheets and goals conceded bear out the fact that Maka was the better keeper when it comes to keeping the ball out of the net. Whether he has his shirt in or out his pants while doing so is irrelevant.

bawheid
22-09-2010, 10:16 AM
Smashing young 'keeper. Makes a few mistakes every so often as all young players do, but capable of the kind of shot-stopping only a few can manage.

Could go all the way to the top. Good luck to him.

Pretty Boy
22-09-2010, 10:40 AM
These Maka debates are fast becoming the highlight of my day. The opinions are so polarised, it's fantastic, i'm sure it will get boring after a while but for now keep it coming.

I defended Maka for a long time and continued to do so long after many others had given up, with a few very obvious exceptions. I then swung completely the other way and became one of his biggest critics.

Maka had potential, of that there is no doubt. But unfortunately in football some players with potential fail to fulfil it and fall by the wayside. This is what i expect to happen to Maka. The simple fact is he was still making the same basic, basic errors when he left Hibs as when he joined. After 3 seasons of first team football that is worrying. Obviously there were a few brilliant saves/performances thrown in too (as well as a fair few for the cameras so to speak). We can blame poor management and coaching all we like but 3 managers failed to see enough in Maka to throw their support behind him as undisputed numer 1. He worked under at least 2 goalkeeping coaches, Marshall and Thompson, and possibly Westwater as well (my memory may be playing tricks), these guys must have been working on his shortcomings and still there was little improvement. He also worked under Lauri at Chelsea who is regarded as one of, if not, the best goalkeeping coach in the world. Mourinho takes him everywhere with him and despite this Maka still seemed to have pretty major flaws in his game, although i'm convinced a lot of these were in his head.

Maka is a lovely big guy who i genuinely would love to see do well, unfortunately for him i just don't see enough to think he will be successful in the game. I'd love to be proved wrong though and i sincerely wish him all the best.

(((Fergus)))
22-09-2010, 10:51 AM
These Maka debates are fast becoming the highlight of my day. The opinions are so polarised, it's fantastic, i'm sure it will get boring after a while but for now keep it coming.

I defended Maka for a long time and continued to do so long after many others had given up, with a few very obvious exceptions. I then swung completely the other way and became one of his biggest critics.

Maka had potential, of that there is no doubt. But unfortunately in football some players with potential fail to fulfil it and fall by the wayside. This is what i expect to happen to Maka. The simple fact is he was still making the same basic, basic errors when he left Hibs as when he joined. After 3 seasons of first team football that is worrying. Obviously there were a few brilliant saves/performances thrown in too (as well as a fair few for the cameras so to speak). We can blame poor management and coaching all we like but 3 managers failed to see enough in Maka to throw their support behind him as undisputed numer 1. He worked under at least 2 goalkeeping coaches, Marshall and Thompson, and possibly Westwater as well (my memory may be playing tricks), these guys must have been working on his shortcomings and still there was little improvement. He also worked under Lauri at Chelsea who is regarded as one of, if not, the best goalkeeping coach in the world. Mourinho takes him everywhere with him and despite this Maka still seemed to have pretty major flaws in his game, although i'm convinced a lot of these were in his head.

Maka is a lovely big guy who i genuinely would love to see do well, unfortunately for him i just don't see enough to think he will be successful in the game. I'd love to be proved wrong though and i sincerely wish him all the best.

Can you list these same basic errors that he was making?

Pretty Boy
22-09-2010, 10:59 AM

His poor handling
His lack of command of his box on several occasions
His wayard concentration
His inconsistent distribution
His inability to get his head up and forget about a mistake
His indeciseveness
His, at times, dodgy positional sense

Thats a few for starters. I'm not saying they were all present at once or that they always cost us games or that they were unique to Maka but they were certainly evident at one time or another throughout his time at Hibs.

Every single one of those things listed is every bit as important as being 'agile', 'athletic' or 'a good shot stopper' in being a successful goalkeeper in the modern game.

Dunbar Hibee
22-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Good luck to the big fella but let's no beat aboot the bush. He was pish for us.:boo hoo:

Far too laid back for a keeper in my opinion.

Looked more like a basketball player with the jersey oot the shorts.

For a big guy he failed to command anything in the box whatsoever.

Was glad to see the back of him and just because Stack and Smith have been ***** doesn't/wont change my opinion of him.

Hope he proves me wrong though. :wink::greengrin

I don't understand this pish about Stack being *****:confused: He's been fine for us.

Dunbar Hibee
22-09-2010, 11:16 AM

1 mistake, people forget he made a few cracking saves to keep us in the game.

Arch Stanton
22-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Occasionally he would fluff easy takes - probably already looking to make quick moves out of defence. Very rarely these resulted in a goal but I'm sure these were more than compensated for by his 'dominate the area' approach - there is no way that he leaked goals and I note that his critics are very careful about not making that claim.

Brown made the same error last week and no one commented on it - they would have gone apopleptic if it had been Maka - I can't for the life of me think why that would be.

That said, he should still rectify the problem - he might have a valuable skill in being able to launch attacks but it is not worth the stick he gets from fans when it goes wrong.

bawheid
22-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Occasionally he would fluff easy takes - probably already looking to make quick moves out of defence. Very rarely these resulted in a goal but I'm sure these were more than compensated for by his 'dominate the area' approach - there is no way that he leaked goals and I note that his critics are very careful about not making that claim.

Brown made the same error last week and no one commented on it - they would have gone apopleptic if it had been Maka - I can't for the life of me think why that would be.

That said, he should still rectify the problem - he might have a valuable skill in being able to launch attacks but it is not worth the stick he gets from fans when it goes wrong.

Brown also fumbled a cross last week against Inverness. A standard mini-error that every goalkeeper will make every so often. It didn't result in a goal, no great stress, Brown had a good game. Brown is a good goalie.

I said at the time to my Dad that if that had been Maka fumbling that cross, there would have been a ten page thread about it by Monday morning.

Standard Hibs.net stuff. Find the scapegoat and magnify them, hound them, analyse them until the confidence is gone.

Broken Gnome
22-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Can anyone remind me of Maka's last game for Hibs....?

(((Fergus)))
22-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Can anyone remind me of Maka's last game for Hibs....?

Wasn't it the 1-4 Rangers game where Stokes scored in the first minute and Rangers cut through our non-existent defence but Maka got the blame for not preventing the goals on his own? Yogi then dropped him to keep in with the boo-boys - for a while longer anyway.

bawheid
22-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Wasn't it the 1-4 Rangers game where Stokes scored in the first minute and Rangers cut through our non-existent defence but Maka got the blame for not preventing the goals on his own? Yogi then dropped him to keep in with the boo-boys - for a while longer anyway.

Correct. And the three games Maka played before that saw Hibs record two wins and a draw with two clean sheets.

We can revisit the stats if we like. It'll only strengthen the pro-Maka argument.

flash
22-09-2010, 11:49 AM
The argument has been done to death but personally i would rather be without a player who feigns injury when they make a mistake in a big match but maybe that's just me.

Andy74
22-09-2010, 11:54 AM

A strange way to describe one of the most abject goalkeeping performances i've witnessed.

The stats mean nowt with Maka, his whole probelm was the two or three moments that were horrific each week but never get recorded in the stats.

He's got all the tools to be a great goalkeeper, there again, I've got all the tools to be a rent boy as well.

Broken Gnome
22-09-2010, 11:56 AM
Correct. And the three games Maka played before that saw Hibs record two wins and a draw with two clean sheets.

We can revisit the stats if we like. It'll only strengthen the pro-Maka argument.

No it won't - the pro-Maka seems largely based on this ridiculously exaggerated belief that he was some sort of super-goalie. See the reference to 'extraordinary brilliance' earlier. Much like the anti-Maka brigade are equally wrong in their assertion that he is, to coin an oft-used phrase, 'never a goalie'.

Yes he had a good run of form before that game, still some occasionally shaky moments but easily overlooked due to the fact he and the defence as a whole, for once, looked by and large solid. The Rangers game exemplified the same sort of basic mistakes he was STILL making. The third goal that day was laughable. The same sort of embarrassing mistake he had been making two years previously when his inexperience was a legitimate excuse. What excuses did he have left?

Yes he could be a very good keeper, he was showing signs of becoming that. His last game suggested that these errors, which weren't as forgivable as simply dropping crosses or other fairly routine bits of bad goalkeeping, were not going to subside, certainly at Hibs. He was dropped for a reason, it was best for him and for us that we sought other options. He's not a goalkeeping messiah, nor is he the worst goalie ever. Move on for the love of God.

Arch Stanton
22-09-2010, 11:59 AM

And we went on to keep a colossal 3 clean sheets in the 32 competitive games since then - Irvine Meadow was a classic defensive stand as I recall.

(((Fergus)))
22-09-2010, 12:08 PM
And we went on to keep a colossal 3 clean sheets in the 32 competitive games since then - Irvine Meadow was a classic defensive stand as I recall.

Aye, but as long as the respective keepers didn't "look dodgy", the goals conceded are neither here not there.

Hibercelona
22-09-2010, 12:09 PM
He had 3 managers who all apparently had the same problem.

Aye, they were all p!sh. :wink:

I liked Maka and can't understand how anyone could compare him to Zibi.

I think he went through 1 bad patch, but apart from that, he was excellent.

He made far more cracking saves that he did blunders and he saved our skin more times than not IMO.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-09-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm don’t think Maka did have all the tools to be a good SPL keeper. Concentration is vital for a goalkeeper and he had more lapses than I remember. Wish him all the best and all but the bottom line is we don’t miss him.

Danderhall Hibs
22-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Someone posted some stats showing he was actually decent in goal for Hibs and had a good record and I will try to dig them out, and since facts are facts you can't argue against this.

Stats can always be argued.

Spot on. Same with me. I said to my mate near the end of his time that the best way to manage him is to let him have his 2 or 3 good games then get him out of the team before he made a mistake.

No. Any others for your comprehensive list?

No they won't...

The stats mean nowt with Maka, his whole probelm was the two or three moments that were horrific each week but never get recorded in the stats.

Another 3 pager! The majority (myself included) need to let this minority lie. They can have their moment in the sun when he proves himself with Swansea reserves and signs for Barcelona or maybe Mourinho will take him back under his wing at Real Madrid.

TornadoHibby
22-09-2010, 01:13 PM
A strange way to describe one of the most abject goalkeeping performances i've witnessed.

I suggest that you would benefit, in terms of giving an objective view of Maka's performance that day, by watching the match over again! :agree:

The view you have given is stretching hyperbole to an extreme it seldom reaches IMO! :cool2:

He's got all the tools to be a great goalkeeper, there again, I've got all the tools to be a rent boy as well.

This last element to your post really makes the entire post ridiculous IMO and marginalises a serious point about a (former) Hibs player of decent character and ability as many have done every time the subject of this young man crops up on this Board! :confused:

Some people don't actually agree with you about Maka! :cool2:

Why not accept that rather than post this sort of nonsense to "justify" your "view"? :hmmm: :dunno:

Arch Stanton
22-09-2010, 06:05 PM
I suggest that you would benefit, in terms of giving an objective view of Maka's performance that day, by watching the match over again! :agree:

The view you have given is stretching hyperbole to an extreme it seldom reaches IMO! :cool2:

This last element to your post really makes the entire post ridiculous IMO and marginalises a serious point about a (former) Hibs player of decent character and ability as many have done every time the subject of this young man crops up on this Board! :confused:

Some people don't actually agree with you about Maka! :cool2:

Why not accept that rather than post this sort of nonsense to "justify" your "view"? :hmmm: :dunno:

I was fair looking forward to a reply to this - I guess he must be down Leith picking up tricks.

Littlest Hobo
22-09-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't understand this pish about Stack being *****:confused: He's been fine for us.

Well if you sure? And your quite happy then fine then that's your opinion.:yawn:

We obviously have different standards of what we expect from our goalkeepers:rolleyes: Stack is pish in my opinion. It's all about standards I'm affraid!:bitchy:

sesoim
22-09-2010, 11:01 PM
This site is becoming hilarious. On another thread folk are rewriting history to the point where you'd think John Collins was only in charge of Hibs for one game. Here, you'd think Maka was the new Schmeichel and barely made any mistakes or consistently got his positioning wrong or failed to jump/dive for saveable shots all the time.

Next there'll be a thread on how Konte could have been the answer to all our problems now.

sesoim
22-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Brown also fumbled a cross last week against Inverness. A standard mini-error that every goalkeeper will make every so often. It didn't result in a goal, no great stress, Brown had a good game. Brown is a good goalie.

I said at the time to my Dad that if that had been Maka fumbling that cross, there would have been a ten page thread about it by Monday morning.

Standard Hibs.net stuff. Find the scapegoat and magnify them, hound them, analyse them until the confidence is gone.

Brown has only played a few games, so most reasonable fans will give him time. Maka was making poor decisions, dropping the ball, and letting saveable shots in for a while before the fans turned on him.

I hope he can keep his career going but I'll be amazed if he is still earning a wage from football in five years time.