PDA

View Full Version : How many more games without a win should we tolerate before Hughes gets the sack?

Simon70
21-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Self explantory question really.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2010, 01:35 PM
35 :dunno:

Part/Time Supporter
21-09-2010, 01:38 PM
How many games will Hibs need to win before folk think "yon Hughes, mibbies he isn't that hopeless after all"?

:dunno:

Andy74
21-09-2010, 01:46 PM
I think I'd prefer to look at a range of factors so can't really answer this one.

I've seen many, many poor Hibs teams since the late 70's and so to be talking about this after getting 4th last year and having had only one horrendous performance this year seems strange to me.

Yes, I know about the home record but I'm not really one for worrying about the statistics on that when there's a raft of things that go into it.

HFC 0-7
21-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I think I'd prefer to look at a range of factors so can't really answer this one.

I've seen many, many poor Hibs teams since the late 70's and so to be talking about this after getting 4th last year and having had only one horrendous performance this year seems strange to me.

Yes, I know about the home record but I'm not really one for worrying about the statistics on that when there's a raft of things that go into it.

1 Horrendous performance this year? Ross Countyx2, St Johnstone, Hamilton x2, Rangers, Motherwell! Were these not horrendous?

Beefster
21-09-2010, 02:53 PM

I think that failing to beat Ross County in two games, St Johnstone beating us 5-1, Hamilton beating us 4-1, Dundee Utd beating us 4-2 at ER, losing a four goal lead at Motherwell, failing to beat St Mirren, ICT and Hamilton in consectutive games and getting pumped out of every single cup in the early rounds are all horrendous. There are more horror shows that I can't be arsed spelling out too.

I've seen some bad Hibs teams too but none have taken us on our worst run of league results and worst run of home games ever.

My expectations are probably too high though.

Golden Bear
21-09-2010, 02:57 PM
I voted 7 or more simply because it's just not going to happen.

erskine-hibby
21-09-2010, 03:00 PM

I must have been watching another Hibs then:confused:

down the slope
21-09-2010, 03:20 PM
In the last 25 games we have won four times, we beat Dundee united, Motherwell, Falkirk and Kilmarnock, If i have forgotten any wins against lesser teams no doubt someone will put me right but it is hardly inspiring stuff however way you spin it.

Green_one
21-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Losing to Killie (Cup), Celtic and St Johnstone would kill him off surely?

If we get to the Hearts game with him in charge I really fear for the reaction from the fans.

Simon70
21-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Whether it IS going to happen or not wasn't the question, it's whether it SHOULD.

ahibby
21-09-2010, 03:28 PM
Would a different manager be able to do better under the circumstances of we have who we have in playing staff? I don't think so. I think he has two important players missing in Zemama and Duffy.

Liberal Hibby
21-09-2010, 03:37 PM
We'll win tomorrow night.

Wilson
21-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Would a different manager be able to do better under the circumstances of we have who we have in playing staff? I don't think so. I think he has two important players missing in Zemama and Duffy.

Yes. A different manager would certainly do better.

They way results are going the tea lady would be hard pressed to do worse.

Purehibee_MYB
21-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Obviously we can't expect a result against Celtic but we can hope! But if we lose to St.Johnstone he should be gone.

Ed De Gramo
21-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Is it me or is that poll crap?

It'll be more likely how many games should the board tolerate....and the answer to that is unknown

Golden Bear
21-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Whether it IS going to happen or not wasn't the question, it's whether it SHOULD.

One game, 5 games, 10 games - it's out of our hands I'm afraid.

We, as fans can read the riot act as much as we want, but at the end of the day the Board may well think that Yogi has a plan (?) and sadly I think they'll stick with him regardless of whether we tolerate him or not.

steakbake
21-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Killie tomorrow night is a big test (who'd have thought that a game against regular bottom 6ers Killie would ever be described as a big test). Celtic on the weekend is very tough for us to win, even when things are going well.

Anything less than three points against Saints would, I think, be the last straw.

borstalboy
21-09-2010, 03:53 PM
I think a different manager would be able to see that we lack pace, width and general shape. Its not rocket sceince to know that Wotherspoon isnt a left midfielder and Danny Galbraith isn't a right midfielder etc

Andy74
21-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I should have said one horrendous performance this season.

I recognise last season and also recognise there were a number of factors involved not all of which related to whether the manager was any use or not.

Do people not believe Hughes when he says we are two years away at least from being a decent team? Do they really believe the odd person being rearranged on the pitch makes any odds?

Wotherspoon for example played left midfield for the under 19s double winning team every time I saw him.

Riordan has been played up front.

We have played 442.

Galbraith has been getting more time.

Hogg has been dropped.

These were all easy things that would set us straight not long ago.

snooky
21-09-2010, 04:06 PM
I think that failing to beat Ross County in two games, St Johnstone beating us 5-1, Hamilton beating us 4-1, Dundee Utd beating us 4-2 at ER, losing a four goal lead at Motherwell, failing to beat St Mirren, ICT and Hamilton in consectutive games and getting pumped out of every single cup in the early rounds are all horrendous. There are more horror shows that I can't be arsed spelling out too.

I've seen some bad Hibs teams too but none have taken us on our worst run of league results and worst run of home games ever.

My expectations are probably too high though.

:boo hoo: Mine too.

Golden Bear
21-09-2010, 04:08 PM
I should have said one horrendous performance this season.

I recognise last season and also recognise there were a number of factors involved not all of which related to whether the manager was any use or not.

Do people not believe Hughes when he says we are two years away at least from being a decent team? Do they really believe the odd person being rearranged on the pitch makes any odds?

Wotherspoon for example played left midfield for the under 19s double winning team every time I saw him.

Riordan has been played up front.

We have played 442.

Galbraith has been getting more time.

Hogg has been dropped.

These were all easy things that would set us straight not long ago.

It's called "buying time" and has probably been used by all Managers at one time or another.

snooky
21-09-2010, 04:11 PM
It's called "buying time" and has probably been used by all Managers at one time or another.

On the Tache's budget? Nae chance of buying even that. :stirrer: :wink:

The_Todd
21-09-2010, 04:33 PM
The bar chart of results makes a pretty triangle.

This is all I'm going to contribute.

basehibby
21-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I think a different manager would be able to see that we lack pace, width and general shape. Its not rocket sceince to know that Wotherspoon isnt a left midfielder and Danny Galbraith isn't a right midfielder etc

I reckon Yogi should get up until after the first derby of the season to demonstrate an upturn in fortunes. We'll then have played every side in the league and if Yogi is going to get this side playing winning football we should have seen strong signs of it by then.

Unlike some on here I won't be demanding wins left right and centre, but I'll want to see some pretty convincing performances. The fixtures up to and including the derby are as follows:

Killie (away) - League Cup
Celtic (A)
St Johnston (A)
Kille (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Dundee Utd (A)
Hearts (H)

Out of all these games, even if the team was playing well, the only fixture I'd see as a stick on for the 3 pts is Home vs Kille although a team on good form would probably pick up a win or two elsewhere on the road. However, a draw would be a reasonable result for any of the away fixtures - a win in any of the away games would constitute a brownie point. As for the derby - that's always a tricky one but a win against Hearts and against Killie in the Cup would (or should anyway) go a long way towards appeasing the mob currently baying for Hughes' blood.

In a nutshell the last two results have been a major disappointment and that needs to be turned around - if at the end of these seven fixtures we are out of the cup and averaging less than a point a game, then I'll consider joining in the calls for Yogi's head.

6 or 7 points would probably earn a stay of execution, but if Yogi manages to garner 8 points or more out of this tricky bunch of fixtures then, regardless of the cup result, I think everyone should lay off him and just concentrate on getting behind the team.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Its not rocket science.

He will either be givin time or he wont, In my humble opinion ofcourse.

basehibby
21-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Losing to Killie (Cup), Celtic and St Johnstone would kill him off surely?

If we get to the Hearts game with him in charge I really fear for the reaction from the fans.

What??? - even if we've strung a few wins together by then :confused:

Littlest Hobo
21-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Although I'll admit what we all have been watching of late has been really disappointing to say the least, the fact Yogi has seen the light as far as Hogg being captain/regular starter and that he has pretty much filled most of the positions I've been moaning about for ages.

For those reasons only!

I think he deserves until xmas to let those guys he's just brought in time to gel.
I'm not convinced by any of them to be honest but I've been around long enough to know that some players do take a bit of time to settle.

:tin hat::worried::I'm waiti on the abuse. :greengrin

Vini1875
21-09-2010, 05:39 PM
I really can't see the board doing anything so early in the season. For what its worth I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Killie, which will give Yogi some time. Nothing is expected at parkhead so more time and then a draw against St. J wouldn't surprise me either.

At this point in the season it would take an almighty collapse to see Yogi gone. And don't forgot he withstood far worse at Falkirk in terms of abuse and fans wanting him gone before moving to Hibs.

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Voted seven or more. I don't know what our record number of games without a win is, but i'd like to see Yogi given the chance by the board to achieve this.

I'll be there were a few of us (hands up, Bobby here included) when he was first appointed, said 'no way will Hughes ever beat an 135 year old record for number of consecutive home defeats'. Well, he proved us wrong before and I'm sure he will again, given the chance.

LTBF

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2010, 05:42 PM
He has already had long enough .Time to go now.

The_Todd
21-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I really can't see the board doing anything so early in the season. For what its worth I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Killie, which will give Yogi some time. Nothing is expected at parkhead so more time and then a draw against St. J wouldn't surprise me either.

At this point in the season it would take an almighty collapse to see Yogi gone. And don't forgot he withstood far worse at Falkirk in terms of abuse and fans wanting him gone before moving to Hibs.

Yogi gave Falkirk 4 consecutive years of top flight football which I'm sure is a record for them - but I may be wrong. It was always going to be a much harder decision for Falkirk to part with Yogi than it would be for Hibs.

Incidentally, he had a higher win % with Falkirk than he does now with Hibs.

What did those Bairns have to complain about?! (Apart from tippy-tappy football, and the same silly interviews... :wink:)

new malkyhib
21-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Is it me or is that poll crap?

It'll be more likely how many games should the board tolerate....and the answer to that is unknown

The Board probably don't even know themselves...

new malkyhib
21-09-2010, 06:18 PM

The "expectation level" at Falkirk is lower than it is at Easter Road - or is it?

stantonhibby
21-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Say we lose tomorrow night ( feasable)

lose on Sat ( probable)

and then lose to St Johnstone ( possible)

would he survive that ??

E.T. is a Hibee
21-09-2010, 07:05 PM

Try supporting your team rather that making up crappy polls. A couple of wins and you'll have forgotten all about it and will move onto Bamba and the Jan tran window!
:grr:
SUPPORT YOGI AND THE LADS!:thumbsup:

Franck is God
21-09-2010, 07:09 PM

Not going to vote in your stupid poll.

If you're not happy stop going to the games, simple as that. The negativity from people like you is ruining my enjoyment of going to ER right now and to be honest the club is better off without you.

Take your moaning mates with you!

IWasThere2016
21-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I'd have sacked him before now. He will get at least the next two games as I am sure the Board view both Kille and Cellic away a tough games. That said, I doubt he will be in charge come 1 November.

E.T. is a Hibee
21-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I'd have sacked him before now. He will get at least the next two games as I am sure the Board view both Kille and Cellic away a tough games. That said, I doubt he will be in charge come 1 November.

Who would you have in then?

houston1875
21-09-2010, 07:45 PM

I agree bud

houston1875
21-09-2010, 07:48 PM
Try supporting your team rather that making up crappy polls. A couple of wins and you'll have forgotten all about it and will move onto Bamba and the Jan tran window!
:grr:
SUPPORT YOGI AND THE LADS!:thumbsup:

Also agree,I'd rather judge him after he has had a bit more cash to spend and good players brought in to give us width etc if we can get wingers a think things will change,but January a long way away,we need width so BADLY!! Yogi is on a learning curve,he ain't the best and ain't the worst by far,maybe he needs help,a saw yesterday in here Alex Miller mentioned,bring him in to help out,no,man's a legend,lots of experience,what was his quote back in the day,a don't want players in a hibs shirt,who ain't gonna sweat blood and die trying for this club? Who knows?

Woody70x2
21-09-2010, 07:56 PM
:dunno:When I look at the league I notice we are only 3 points behind the much coveted third place.

I also notice that Dundee Utd, last seasons emerging force, 3rd place finishers and Scottish Cup winners last season are on the same points :dunno:

Maybe our expectations are running away with ourselves :blah:

From a different perspective we are also only 1 point from relegation drop zone :grr:

It is a marathon and not a sprint I suppose :rules:

bingo70
21-09-2010, 08:00 PM
:dunno:When I look at the league I notice we are only 3 points behind the much coveted third place.

I also notice that Dundee Utd, last seasons emerging force, 3rd place finishers and Scottish Cup winners last season are on the same points :dunno:

Maybe our expectations are running away with ourselves :blah:

From a different perspective we are also only 1 point from relegation drop zone :grr:

It is a marathon and not a sprint I suppose :rules:

I think with the fixtures we've got coming up the league table will tell a whole different story. If it doesnt and we're still in touch with 3rd place after the next 4 or 5 games then yogi will deserve a huge amount of credit, i've got my doubts though.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Who would you have in then?

Jim Gannon. :faf:

Antifa Hibs
21-09-2010, 11:01 PM
I reckon we're stuck with him til March/April.

The board have their season ticket money banked, most of the merch will be sold and we're not quite that bad enough to be relegated. The longer Yogi manages us the less compo he'll probably be entitled too.

Get rid of him in March/April, around the same time the season ticket renewals come dropping through our letter boxes.

IWasThere2016
22-09-2010, 05:55 AM
Some'dy else I could plot against .. Comedy Gold! :faf:

Don Giovanni
22-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Aye, spot on bingo70. Its not about the league placings after 5 games. To pick up only 2points from our last 3 fixtures is extremely worrying, especially with the run of games now ahead of us. I think thats what has got so many on a downer.

Those performances were very disappointing, as is the overall form since February. I disagree with Yogi in his assessment that the players are giving thier all right now. I dont think they're fighting hard enough for thier manager or each other...

Still, heres hoping for a result tonight. I have my doubts about Yogi & the team turning things around, and I think Yogi is running out of time, but I'd be delighted if they proved me wrong.

GGTTH

Wilson
22-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Not going to vote in your stupid poll.

If you're not happy stop going to the games, simple as that. The negativity from people like you is ruining my enjoyment of going to ER right now and to be honest the club is better off without you.

Take your moaning mates with you!

If all the fans that are not happy stop going to games the club will end up in dire straits financially. The club would be better off with many more paying customers - moaning or not - and not with less.

Negativity is ruining your enjoyment? The performances and results have more of an effect on mine!

khib70
22-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I'd rather he went now, but I think a horsing at home from the ****bos will be the final straw.

Not that I want that to happen in any way, before the Loyalty Police all pile in. Just that even the most patient fans will find that too much to stomach. And anyone who doesnt think it's on the cards on present form is inhabiting a parallel universe

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2010, 10:26 AM
I'd rather he went now, but I think a horsing at home from the ****bos will be the final straw.

Not that I want that to happen in any way, before the Loyalty Police all pile in. Just that even the most patient fans will find that too much to stomach. And anyone who doesnt think it's on the cards on present form is inhabiting a parallel universe

Would this horsing be from the club thats just lost to Falkirk?

bawheid
22-09-2010, 10:41 AM

:agree:

Absolutely mental that some folk are a) scared of this Hearts side and b) think there's a possibilty of relegation.

khib70
22-09-2010, 10:42 AM
I would save any schadenfreude about that until after tonight's game. I hate listing that mob's achievements but facts are facts. They're the club that beat Caley and Hamilton away from home by a fair margin.

BH, I would dearly, dearly love for us to stick another six or seven past them, regardless of its effect on the managerial situation. I just can't see it happening right now, that's all.:boo hoo:

Dunbar Hibee
22-09-2010, 11:18 AM
If we get beat tonight and from Celtic he should go imo.

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 11:18 AM
I reckon we're stuck with him til March/April.

The board have their season ticket money banked, most of the merch will be sold and we're not quite that bad enough to be relegated. The longer Yogi manages us the less compo he'll probably be entitled too.

Get rid of him in March/April, around the same time the season ticket renewals come dropping through our letter boxes.

I would think that if we are anywhere near the drop zone, come November/December he could be off. Season tickets are not the only part of revenue the club rely on, they must rely on an average of 2/3K paying at the gate......if we're not playing well they will lose that income.

And what makes you think we're not 'bad' enough to be relegated?!.......take our form since the turn of the year.....thats relegation material and to me, it doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2010, 11:21 AM
I would save any schadenfreude about that until after tonight's game. I hate listing that mob's achievements but facts are facts. They're the club that beat Caley and Hamilton away from home by a fair margin.

BH, I would dearly, dearly love for us to stick another six or seven past them, regardless of its effect on the managerial situation. I just can't see it happening right now, that's all.:boo hoo:

Do you feel better though if you make things up, or predict the future? We wont get horsed, we might lose, but hearts just lost to Falkirk. Dundee utd are not exactly setting the heather on fire. If it makes you feel better then great, but this constant negativity is so boring now. Lets try a new idea, and see if we can get behind the club, you never know you might like it? :wink:

HFC 0-7
22-09-2010, 11:24 AM
One game, 5 games, 10 games - it's out of our hands I'm afraid.

We, as fans can read the riot act as much as we want, but at the end of the day the Board may well think that Yogi has a plan (?) and sadly I think they'll stick with him regardless of whether we tolerate him or not.

If the board get the feeling that next year season ticket sales, or this years walk ups may be effected because of the fans discontent with the manager they will react. At the end of the day the board makes the decisions but the fans can make it impossible for the board not to take action. The board need to make sure the fans keep coming, if thats in doubt they will act.

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Do you feel better though if you make things up, or predict the future? We wont get horsed, we might lose, but hearts just lost to Falkirk. Dundee utd are not exactly setting the heather on fire. If it makes you feel better then great, but this constant negativity is so boring now. Lets try a new idea, and see if we can get behind the club, you never know you might like it? :wink:

Sadly, I think the patience is wearing thin on the 'getting behind the team front'......I for one backed the team all last season and during pre-season hoping things would change....unfortunately they haven't. Its hard to keep optimistic and happy when the team is clearly not performing let alone getting results.....:rolleyes:

bawheid
22-09-2010, 11:26 AM
And what makes you think we're not 'bad' enough to be relegated?!.......take our form since the turn of the year.....thats relegation material and to me, it doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon.

Do you think Hibs will be relegated?

proud_and_green
22-09-2010, 11:31 AM
One thing is interesting from the poll - although i agree it is a bone poll - is that the majority of us do not want him to go immediately.

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Do you think Hibs will be relegated?

IMHO...........No.

That doesn't mean it's not a possibility.

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 11:34 AM
One thing is interesting from the poll - although i agree it is a bone poll - is that the majority of us do not want him to go immediately.

Check the poll once more......I think the majority want it now :wink:

Why dely the inevitable :devil:

bawheid
22-09-2010, 11:36 AM
IMHO...........No.

That doesn't mean it's not a possibility.

Of course it's a possibility. It's a possibility that Rangers will win the Champions League. It's not going to happen though.

I've seen posts on here going on about how full our new stand will be playing in the 1st division. Utter nonsense.

Hibs have a confidence issue at the moment, but there's no way we're the worst side in the division. We need a string of good results in a row to sort things out. Hopefully the first will come tonight.

bawheid
22-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Check the poll once more......I think the majority want it now :wink:

Why dely the inevitable :devil:

No, 43% want it now. Do you know what "majority" means?

Franck is God
22-09-2010, 11:40 AM
John Hughes will be our manager for the whole year and will either stay or go based on the targets and expectations agreed with the board at the beginning of the season.

I thought we played very well against Motherwell particularly in the second half, we were good against Rangers until they scored but they are the champions and put 4 past Dundee Utd on Saturday so they can't be that bad. We played very poorly at St Mirren but even then we only lost due to a poor defensive error. We should have been at least 3 or 4 ahead of ICT and again a defensive error cost us the 3 points. On Saturday against Hamilton we were ok, not brilliant but ok and had a perfectly good goal chopped off which cost us the win.

Once we have played everyone home and away we will have a better idea of what our final league position will be but after 5 games its far too early to even be thinking that way.

As I said in a previous post, turn up and support the team or don't come at all. We'd be better of having 8-9000 fans that actually want to be there and support the side rather than have the extra few thousand that do nothing other than shout and scream abuse at the players and offer little else.

Simon70
22-09-2010, 11:42 AM
No, 43% want it now. Do you know what "majority" means?

The poll shows that a clear two-thirds majority think he should go if Hibs don't win tonight or on Saturday.

bawheid
22-09-2010, 11:46 AM
The poll shows that a clear two-thirds majority think he should go if Hibs don't win tonight or on Saturday.

Saturday isn't now though, is it? :confused:

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Of course it's a possibility. It's a possibility that Rangers will win the Champions League. It's not going to happen though.

I've seen posts on here going on about how full our new stand will be playing in the 1st division. Utter nonsense.

Hibs have a confidence issue at the moment, but there's no way we're the worst side in the division. We need a string of good results in a row to sort things out. Hopefully the first will come tonight.

I think your comparison is a bit off........but I get what your saying.

We have had a 'confidence' issue since January........I could accept your point if it had maybe been from the start of this season, but its went on too long for it just to be that solely.

herdy
22-09-2010, 11:48 AM
John Hughes will be our manager for the whole year and will either stay or go based on the targets and expectations agreed with the board at the beginning of the season.

I thought we played very well against Motherwell particularly in the second half, we were good against Rangers until they scored but they are the champions and put 4 past Dundee Utd on Saturday so they can't be that bad. We played very poorly at St Mirren but even then we only lost due to a poor defensive error. We should have been at least 3 or 4 ahead of ICT and again a defensive error cost us the 3 points. On Saturday against Hamilton we were ok, not brilliant but ok and had a perfectly good goal chopped off which cost us the win.

Once we have played everyone home and away we will have a better idea of what our final league position will be but after 5 games its far too early to even be thinking that way.

As I said in a previous post, turn up and support the team or don't come at all. We'd be better of having 8-9000 fans that actually want to be there and support the side rather than have the extra few thousand that do nothing other than shout and scream abuse at the players and offer little else.

I agree that we did alright against Motherwell in 2nd half, and yes thought we were the better team in the rangers game for 64 minutes. The problem i have with the team at the moment, is, that when you look at the home games against the teams we should be pumping, how many chances did we make ?, even the rangers game, we were in control for the majority of the game, but how many chances did we carve out ?,

If we don't make chances, we don't score goals. We don't score goals we don't win games, if we don't win games the manager gets the boot, then we start all over again !!! :greengrin

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Saturday isn't now though, is it? :confused:

Apologies, I mis-read you intial quote.

Green_one
22-09-2010, 11:54 AM

Careful what you wish for, as we could well get down to that number if the results continue. Unless Hughes gets his act together there is no way that the Board will give him the full year. How would that work? Say we are in a severe relegation position or fans have dropped off alarmingly, do the Board just sit on that timetable and targets, knowing they cannot be achieved? Sitting too long on a problem has cost us relegation in the past. Confidence in the team, both on the field and on the terracing is shot. Unless they start winning soon its only going to get worse. So will the abuse, possibly turning to simple non attendance.

Andy74
22-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Of those that think he should go anyway.

there's no other options in the poll other than sacking him at some point.

People inclined to vote on it will of course have in their mind that they want him to go so you'd expect right now would be the only rational option for them.

He's either the right guy long term or not, the next few games win, lose or draw should not change your mind on that if long term you don't hink he's the right man.

Holmesdale Hibs
22-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Depends what you mean. 7+ defeats in a row and he should be punted but 7 over the rest of the season including cups would be pretty good. He should and will be given until xmas at least IMO.

TheBall'sRound
22-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I agree that we did alright against Motherwell in 2nd half, and yes thought we were the better team in the rangers game for 64 minutes. The problem i have with the team at the moment, is, that when you look at the home games against the teams we should be pumping, how many chances did we make ?, even the rangers game, we were in control for the majority of the game, but how many chances did we carve out ?,

If we don't make chances, we don't score goals. We don't score goals we don't win games, if we don't win games the manager gets the boot, then we start all over again !!! :greengrin

The common thread with these two games is that those teams were playing attacking football where McBride and the full backs are much more involved in defensive duties. The games we have dropped points in since then have been against sides who make themselves very hard to beat and McBride and whichever fullbacks are on the field are just players without any creativity when we need it most.

I'm not blaming McBride - he's had a better start to the season as most. But I am pointing out that maybe we need to push the issue against these sides instead of passing the ball around until we spit it out and they attack with pace (and we inevitably concede the goal they were after).

It really isn't rocket science and I don't believe the negativity is purely coming from Hughes. But we're doing absolutely nothing to prove that we can get a result against teams who defend and we look fairly vulnerable when we play teams that attack well (as Rangers proved).

All in all, that's a template for failure in this division.

basehibby
22-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Of those that think he should go anyway.

there's no other options in the poll other than sacking him at some point.

People inclined to vote on it will of course have in their mind that they want him to go so you'd expect right now would be the only rational option for them.

He's either the right guy long term or not, the next few games win, lose or draw should not change your mind on that if long term you don't hink he's the right man.

I don't really agree with that Andy - I was very happy when Hughes was appointed and have stuck by him, but it's results that matter most and if it turns out that Hughes is not capable of producing them then I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.
He certainly deserves a bit of time yet though IMO, and I don't agree at all with those shouting for his head at the moment.
If we go through the next 6 or 7 games though and results and performances are very poor then I'll probably change my mind - just as I hope those calling for his head right now will change their minds if the opposite happens and we start putting a good run together.

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't really agree with that Andy - I was very happy when Hughes was appointed and have stuck by him, but it's results that matter most and if it turns out that Hughes is not capable of producing them then I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.
He certainly deserves a bit of time yet though IMO, and I don't agree at all with those shouting for his head at the moment.
If we go through the next 6 or 7 games though and results and performances are very poor then I'll probably change my mind - just as I hope those calling for his head right now will change their minds if the opposite happens and we start putting a good run together.

I like you optimisum (im not being sarcastic by the way), but how can you justify that he needs more time?.................Since Hughes has set out his stall at Hibs we've never had a 90 minutes where you thought WOW! We had spells of it in the first half of the season, then teams worked out how to play against us and we never had a Plan B to combat these teams. I tried to give him the summer and another transfer window to try and resolve the oh so blatant failings within our team, yet none of these really appear to be addressed. We have started the season really poorly and the performances are nothing to cheer about, you could possibly except the results if we were just unlucky but we're not, we're just rubbish at the moment and have been for a while. YOu can only take so much as a person and everyone has different breaking points and different ways of showing it.

Sweep
22-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Anyone care to change there mind now?:taxi

borstalboy
22-09-2010, 09:04 PM

No doubt someone will stick by him! Delying the inevitable!!!

Littlest Hobo
22-09-2010, 09:26 PM

I've changed my mind again.

Wanted Yogi to go at the start of season.

He then dropped Hogg and brought in new players/ was willing to give him/them time.

To be honest though, the players he's brought in look pretty poor.

I think he's got to go now. Sad days at ER indeed!:boo hoo: