PDA

View Full Version : Yogi: boo me, not the players

hibhib7
21-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Who does he think we're booing, apart from Nish, who doesn't deserve the stick he gets. Big Colin is no superstar but is a victim of his manager's policy of not getting the ball wide and throwing crosses into the box. We're crying out for width in the team. If Yogi persists in playing a narrow game where the midfielders don't have anyone in space to pass to, we should narrow the pitch so that the opposition can't take advantage of the greatly-improved pitch conditions we now have at our great stadiium.

So yes, Yogi, the majority of the boos are directed at you, and will continue to be until you get the team playing a more expansive attacking formation with a bit pace going forward.

bingo70
21-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Who does he think we're booing, apart from Nish, who doesn't deserve the stick he gets. Big Colin is no superstar but is a victim of his manager's policy of not getting the ball wide and throwing crosses into the box. We're crying out for width in the team. If Yogi persists in playing a narrow game where the midfielders don't have anyone in space to pass to, we should narrow the pitch so that the opposition can't take advantage of the greatly-improved pitch conditions we now have at our great stadiium.

So yes, Yogi, the majority of the boos are directed at you, and will continue to be until you get the team playing a more expansive attacking formation with a bit pace going forward.

Thats exactly what he's saying though, boo him, not Nish.

I think Yogi's time is up here as well, but remember Galbraith got most of the game on saturday, so we had pace, width, a 4-4-2 and Riordan up front which is exactly what everyone has been asking for yet we still didn't create many chances so although i agree with you that he should go, i disagree with your reasons behind it.

calumb
21-09-2010, 09:54 AM

I think Yogi's time is up here as well, but remember Galbraith got most of the game on saturday, so we had pace, width, a 4-4-2 and Riordan up front which is exactly what everyone has been asking for yet we still didn't create many chances so although i agree with you that he should go, i disagree with your reasons behind it.

We maybe did have more width on the park but we still continually went through the middle, i dont know if thats the players fault or the managers.

Nish has always setup goals for his other strikers, boyd and naismith are examples of players who have made names for themselves playing along side him.

Nish appears to be hopeless however when high balls are played into him with his back to goal as he gets easilly dominated by opposing centre halves and ends up on his backside.

Hughes himself has publicly slated Nish for the amount of times he ends up on the ground so he is no angel when it comes to having a go at the players.

But why hughes persists with playing Nish in a way he is clearly unsuited to is baffling the only explanation is maybe our defenders are so poor that Nish is able to dominate them easily on the training field.

We maybe should take hughes up on his offer and start some "yogi must go" chants like we did to Blackley and Miller and then sit back and see how he deals with it. My guess is hughes wouold end up getting arrested for jumping into the stand and having square go's with the supporters.

Arch Stanton
21-09-2010, 09:56 AM

Having one pacy winger will not of itself give you width though. You have to stretch teams on both wings to give yourself width and we weren't doing that.

Thomson1875
21-09-2010, 09:58 AM
there were a few folk after the game singing yogi gtf, if we get beat tomorrow then i recon it wont just be a few folk singing it.

we have a good bunch of player but dont seem to want to listen to yogi.

Alfred E Newman
21-09-2010, 10:04 AM
who does he think we're booing, apart from nish, who doesn't deserve the stick he gets. Big colin is no superstar but is a victim of his manager's policy of not getting the ball wide and throwing crosses into the box. We're crying out for width in the team. If yogi persists in playing a narrow game where the midfielders don't have anyone in space to pass to, we should narrow the pitch so that the opposition can't take advantage of the greatly-improved pitch conditions we now have at our great stadiium.

So yes, yogi, the majority of the boos are directed at you, and will continue to be until you get the team playing a more expansive attacking formation with a bit pace going forward.

boooooooooooo!

Just Jimmy
21-09-2010, 10:16 AM
[/color]
boooooooooooo!

boooooooooooooooooooooooo

erskine-hibby
21-09-2010, 10:27 AM
Is he so thick that he doesn't realise the boos are for him???
:rolleyes:

Expecting Rain
21-09-2010, 10:27 AM
This booing thing has been overplayed, personally if i feel the need to boo it is at the opposition, it is part of the pantomime aspect of football, i think the majority of supporters just watch the match, while the minority participate to vent off their frustration at an unenjoyable and pricey afternoon, there are no rights and wrongs, players are treated and act like gods when they are doing well but can`t handle it when they or the team are playing poorly, my advice would be not to think you`ve suddenly become Lionel Messi when you`ve had a good game and not to think you`ve turned into Nade when you`ve had a bad game.:cool2:

Jim44
21-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I wish Hughes would put a sock in it. His interviews are cringeworthy embarrassments and he rambles on giving too much information. Does he have to tell us about getting up close to Nish to guage his feelings or tell us about jokes he's used to lighten things with the players? He really loves the sound of his own voice with nothing to back it up, unfortunately. :bitchy:

Sammy7nil
21-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Other than when Nish was subbed I thought the fans were incredibly patient.
A loss to St Mirren, Draw with ICT then a real struggle agagainst Accies I thought the fans may turn nasty very quickly. They did not, okay they were quiet but were not on the teams case and the only real BOOOOOOOOOOOOO's came at full time.

Yogi better be prepared because if things dont change very quickly it may be spot the crowd at ER you will know they are about though as the BOOOOing will be loud and clear.

Pretty Boy
21-09-2010, 11:58 AM
I could be wrong but this may be the start of Hughes working on his exit strategy from the club.

What better excuse than 'the fans turned on me and the stick was too much', he could claim he had a long term vision but the fans failed to see it and didn't buy into it and he had to go due to the fans lack of patience to see through what he was trying to do. This excuse could well allow him to leave with a fair bit of dignity and his reputation somewhat intact.

Of course i could just be reading far too much into this(it won't be the first time).

proud_and_green
21-09-2010, 12:51 PM

Speedway's post on another thread is very good on this topic and i think there is a lot in what he says. We do often have the players on the park who could provide the width but they don't do what they are supposed to and offer the wide ball optin from the back. Full backs too far up the pitch etc.

I am beginning to think it is not entirely Yogi's fault, there is something far from right in the attitude in the dressing room and geranted that can be changed by a manager but if they are lazy *******s then the only thing that will change them is to get the bullet.

HFC 0-7
21-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Having one pacy winger will not of itself give you width though. You have to stretch teams on both wings to give yourself width and we weren't doing that.

Having to slow wingers out on the wing would give us width and more space for our central midfielders. Half the time it is not about getting the ball out wide its just about having players out there so that it frees up space in the middle of the park so that players like Miller can do something with it.

We need to have players out wide, preferably pacey but only one pacey one will do as long as we give him ball to feet so that he can run at their full backs.

Liberal Hibby
21-09-2010, 03:33 PM
I could be wrong but this may be the start of Hughes working on his exit strategy from the club.

What better excuse than 'the fans turned on me and the stick was too much', he could claim he had a long term vision but the fans failed to see it and didn't buy into it and he had to go due to the fans lack of patience to see through what he was trying to do. This excuse could well allow him to leave with a fair bit of dignity and his reputation somewhat intact.

Of course i could just be reading far too much into this(it won't be the first time).

I think you are reading too much into it. Isn't Hughes simply trying to do what a manager should which is to redirect the negativity and take responsibility on himself?

He knows results and performances aren't good enough, but getting on palyers backs adds to the pressure - he's simply trying to get the players to concentrate on their game and leave the rest to him. He's doing his job as far as I can see.

Frogga
21-09-2010, 03:50 PM
I've not read most of the replies on here but everything he said in that BBC interview is exactly how I feel about the treatment of the players.

Thumbs up Yogi for being fair and speaking his mind :agree:

sunshine1875
21-09-2010, 03:54 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwuG-aecRM4RHq9AtONYN3L5yGf6mAK3PqRDyifksp3uGrecM&t=1&usg=__49S1uGkn6hZMbuHf6dIrzK9k-h0=Boo boo

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2010, 05:14 PM
Everything he says now is scrutinized dissected and ripped to shreds. :faf:

EasterRoad4Ever
21-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Is he so thick that he doesn't realise the boos are for him???
:rolleyes:

:agree: The guy is an idiot. IMHO a huge % of the booing is nothing to do with the efforts of the team. You can see them trying but just being completely disorganised, without structure or proper leadership - both on and off the park. Hughes is 90% to blame for the farcical position we find ourselves in. He gets well paid to put an organised motivated team on the park to win matches and he is simply FAILING in that task. If he cannot do that, he is not doing his job. As I say, the guy is a headcase and just makes me increasingly incensed the more he opens his gob.

Cabbage1875
21-09-2010, 05:25 PM

Unfortunately for your silly idea that there has been a long standing 'agenda' against Yogi, he makes it easy for folk to 'scrutinize, dissect or rip to shreds' whatever he says.

What we want is a bit of honesty that he is making an arse of it; when all he does is alienate himself further from us and blame everyone but himself.

blairwallace
21-09-2010, 05:26 PM
IF we get beat tomorrow my predictions are yogi will get sacked. yogi seems to be a great guy but in aspects of the football we're playing its going rapid down hill. on saturday while everyone was booing i was applauding, give me abuse or what ever but personally i couldn't do 5-6 days of football training then play a game which for 90 minutes people are booing me so i applauded the team despite everything else. ill never sink as low to boo my own team off the pitch.

bingo70
21-09-2010, 05:26 PM
:agree: The guy is an idiot. IMHO a huge % of the booing is nothing to do with the efforts of the team. You can see them trying but just being completely disorganised, without structure or proper leadership - both on and off the park. Hughes is 90% to blame for the farcical position we find ourselves in. He gets well paid to put an organised motivated team on the park to win matches and he is simply FAILING in that task. If he cannot do that, he is not doing his job. As I say, the guy is a headcase and just makes me increasingly incensed the more he opens his gob.

So basically you agree with him here then.

Craig_in_Prague
21-09-2010, 05:27 PM

When you seen his puss, grinning away when we threw the lead away at Motherwell, it was pretty obvious he's an idiot / ****** IMO.

He should forget his 10 min interviews with Brian on BBC and get working on the training field to sort out this **** team. Although we keep hearing theres a 'real edge' in training.... Hibs earn 0 points during training Yogi, in fact they're slow and most of them look unfit. Training centre wasted on him sadly.

Pretty Boy
21-09-2010, 05:27 PM

I don't disagree and i'm as guilty of it as anyone (see my above post:wink:) but when we are playing as badly as we are and struggling to put any sort of winning run together then it's inevitable everything at the club will come under closer scrutiny.

We have the workings and decisions of the board being discussed more throughly than they have been in a long time, every single player is being scrutinised performance wise (some more than others obviously) and i think the fact the same thing is happening to Hughes isn't unexpected. I'm not saying it's right merely that it's, to an extent, understandable.

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I dont think he is an idiot, just think he is out of his depth, wrong league.
His interviews are cringeworthy but you can get a wee bit of a sense of where he is coming from.
I just hope he can turn it around and quick, a win against Killie(who smell blood) would be a good kickstart.Im not holding ma breath but yi nivver know,....eh....

Dashing Bob S
21-09-2010, 05:29 PM
If you don't like Yogi, then you shouldn't do what he says. So ignore (or cheer) him and continue booing the players.

If you do like Yogi, then you shouldn't be booing him, its the players who deserve the stick.

But if you really want to do something constructive, boo Blackpool Hibs, its his fault that Yogi's still here. Without his spirited defence of the man last season, we'd have Michael O'Neil in the chair and be five points clear at the top of the SPL and looking forward to the group stages.

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2010, 05:33 PM
BOOOOOOOO Blackpool hibs:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2010, 05:42 PM
If you don't like Yogi, then you shouldn't do what he says. So ignore (or cheer) him and continue booing the players.

If you do like Yogi, then you shouldn't be booing him, its the players who deserve the stick.

But if you really want to do something constructive, boo Blackpool Hibs, its his fault that Yogi's still here. Without his spirited defence of the man last season, we'd have Michael O'Neil in the chair and be five points clear at the top of the SPL and looking forward to the group stages.

:faf::top marks

sahib
21-09-2010, 05:59 PM
BOOOOOOOO Blackpool hibs:greengrin

All Yogi had to say was he understood the fans reaction and that the team and him were working to get things right. He might have added that it was nice to hear the cheers for the new man coming on.

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Had enough, I need cheered up, off tae watch Comedy Central, no not Hibs Interactive Highlights or the "Keystone Hibs" good old comedy, if we lose against Killie dont let the door hit yir er5e on the way oot Yogi.
Hey Hey Hey BOOO BOOO.

E.T. is a Hibee
21-09-2010, 07:15 PM
As it says! Stand by the guy he's our manager and were lucky to have him. Yogi is a relativley young manager and he is still finding his way in many respects, I'm certain that he will walk if it comes to the point where he is trully doing no good.

Remeber it was Yogi that got us into fourth place and prior to our down turn in form for the last third of last seaon there was posters on here worried about him leaving us.

Have some back bone and treat the guy with some respect, he is a Hibee himself after all!:thumbsup:

Saorsa
21-09-2010, 07:19 PM
As it says! Stand by the guy he's our manager and were lucky to have him. Yogi is a relativley young manager and he is still finding his way in many respects, I'm certain that he will walk if it comes to the point where he is trully doing no good.

Remeber it was Yogi that got us into fourth place and prior to our down turn in form for the last third of last seaon there was posters on here worried about him leaving us.

Have some back bone and treat the guy with some respect, he is a Hibee himself after all!:thumbsup:I'd rather be unlucky then :bye:

E.T. is a Hibee
21-09-2010, 07:20 PM
I'd rather be unlucky then :bye:

Who would you want to replace him then?

Prof. Shaggy
21-09-2010, 07:30 PM
:agree: The guy is an idiot...

I really don't care whether anyone thinks Hughes should be the manager or not.
I think this kind of statement demeans our club.

SRHibs
21-09-2010, 08:15 PM

Have some back bone and treat the guy with some respect, he is a Hibee himself after all!:thumbsup:
You just posted "Well said" in a thread where the suggestion was to sing "Yogi GTF".:confused:

Phil D. Rolls
21-09-2010, 08:25 PM

You know - I like the cut of your jib!

http://www.comedy-zone.net/images/tv-shows/b/black-adder-the.jpg

oconnors_strip
21-09-2010, 08:35 PM
is there going to be a "booing section" tomorrow night at rugby park?:greengrin

boooooooooooooooooooooo

hibsitis
21-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I wish Hughes would put a sock in it. His interviews are cringeworthy embarrassments and he rambles on giving too much information. Does he have to tell us about getting up close to Nish to guage his feelings or tell us about jokes he's used to lighten things with the players? He really loves the sound of his own voice with nothing to back it up, unfortunately. :bitchy:

I think this is an excellent point. Why does he feel the need to go into this level of detail in public? Either he's trying to show the fans the work he's having to do to undo their booing on Nish or he's too thick to know what's appropriate to share and what to keep in the dressing room. Either way, it's bad.

muirhousehibby
21-09-2010, 09:17 PM

Yes, m8 your spot on.

For me looking at the team were playing with 3 centre midfield players in Miller ,McBride and De Graf.

De Graf covers plenty of the pitch but can’t always runback and help cover the righ hand channel. Dougie Imire had lots of space and time there on Saturday.

Hart is not a full back that can get up and down the park giving us width crossing in balls etc.
He’s just not got the legs to do it.

J.Grounds I think looks ok from what we’ve seen so far but is he better than Hanlon is the question. I’d say so far no he’s not his crossing is poorer.

I’d like to see us play De Graf in the middle with Miller and Spoon out right midfield.

A simple 442 would be nice.