PDA

View Full Version : Yogi BBC interview 20 Sept 10

Twiglet
20-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Can't see this posted anywhere, apologies if it is...

He seems a bit more calm, level headed than the last time we all saw him. I'm still not hugely excited at him being our manager.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9017317.stm

Think he's right about Nish, if he's not showing he's upset he's putting on a front. He looked upset as he went down the tunnel before the full time whistle on Saturday.

1875 NO 1
20-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Can't see this posted anywhere, apologies if it is...

He seems a bit more calm, level headed than the last time we all saw him. I'm still not hugely excited at him being our manager.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/9017317.stm

Think he's right about Nish, if he's not showing he's upset he's putting on a front. He looked upset as he went down the tunnel before the full time whistle on Saturday.

He's spot on, bang out of order the treatment Nishy got. As Yogi said there are no options until Takas is fit.

Lets hope Nishy scores the winner on Wed

woodythehibee
20-09-2010, 07:48 PM
thick and thin!

C'mon the boys, lets get a result on Wed and progress in the cup :agree: :flag:

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I await the ridicule.

BEEJ
20-09-2010, 08:50 PM
I await the ridicule.
Why? What have you done?

:greengrin

blairwallace
20-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Definitions of Supporters on the Web:

In heraldry, supporters are figures usually placed on either side of the shield and depicted holding it up. These figures may be real or imaginary animals, human figures, and in rare cases plants or inanimate objects. ...

supporter - a person who backs a politician or a team etc.; "all their supporters came out for the game"; "they are friends of the library"
supporter - garter: a band (usually elastic) worn around the leg to hold up a stocking (or around the arm to hold up a sleeve)

athletic supporter: a support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise

that's what i would say

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Why? What have you done?

:greengrin

:greengrin I watched it, it seems a straight forward interview and one i fully expect to be ripped apart. :yawn:

The_Horde
20-09-2010, 09:41 PM
My grandad has that jumper. Yogi out!

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Yogi = :top marks:top marks

If anybody abuses Nish, they can **** right off! You're no a Hibs fan, you're mindless w**ks who should piss off and support another club

Hearing Yogi's comments about Nish hurting is horrible to hear like....

HFC 0-7
20-09-2010, 10:01 PM
:greengrin I watched it, it seems a straight forward interview and one i fully expect to be ripped apart. :yawn:

I wouldnt pull that interview apart but there were things wrong with it because yet again he contradicts himself. He tries to have a go at slating the folk booing then quickly thinks it may not be the best thing to do so defends them by saying that he would boo a player off the field if he saw fit. You can see that he is trying to change as well. He started talking about having a laugh with Nish, went all serious about booing then talked about having a laugh again.

he slates the folk booing Nish then basically says that a good player can use it to his advantage refering to the Nish hatrick in the motherwell game.

IMo this is one of the signs that shows Yogi is weak at being a manager. Whether they are right or wrong he needs to stick to his beliefs and follow them through. if he thinks folk booing is bad say its bad, dont say its bad but I understand why they are doing it and I would do it myself if I saw fit

people have been saying for a while that yogi is trying to be all the players pals, but at times i think he is trying to be everyones pal and it makes him come across a bit silly at times.

Saorsa
20-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Yogi = :top marks:top marks

If anybody abuses Nish, they can **** right off! You're no a Hibs fan, you're mindless w**ks who should piss off and support another club

Hearing Yogi's comments about Nish hurting is horrible to hear like....:blah::blah:

Ed De Gramo
20-09-2010, 10:18 PM
:blah::blah:

You already know my thoughts on this J :greengrin

MrRobot
20-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Nishy was actually involved in a lot of the play when we were on the attack and his 'goal' was deffo onside, and it was a really good finish.

It's a shame that Nishy gets stick cause he is a good player. He's not technically brilliant like Riordan, or fast but if you put the ball into the box to him, he will score. Problem is we aren't putting the ball into the box for him to do that, we're passing it to him 30 yards from goal and expecting something. From that range he is pretty useless, IF we actually used our new wider pitch and 2 wingers to cross the ball in( ie Galbraith) then he'd have a lot mroe to attack. All IMO of course.

He takes too much stick and sometimes it is deserved, but the role we are playing him in is just totally stupid for the type of player he is. Now that Hogg is out the team, it's just going to get worse for Nish and it's a shame cause he always tries his hardest.

BEEJ
20-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Nishy was actually involved in a lot of the play when we were on the attack and his 'goal' was deffo onside, and it was a really good finish.

It's a shame that Nishy gets stick cause he is a good player. He's not technically brilliant like Riordan, or fast but if you put the ball into the box to him, he will score. Problem is we aren't putting the ball into the box for him to do that, we're passing it to him 30 yards from goal and expecting something. From that range he is pretty useless, IF we actually used our new wider pitch and 2 wingers to cross the ball in( ie Galbraith) then he'd have a lot mroe to attack. All IMO of course.

He takes too much stick and sometimes it is deserved, but the role we are playing him in is just totally stupid for the type of player he is.
:agree: Nish is one of a number of players not being played to their strengths.

Again today Yogi referred to him as a 'target man', which is not really where Nish's strengths lie.

CB_NO3
20-09-2010, 11:29 PM
I feel sorry for Nish and I will never boo him during a game, but the facts are he aint good enough to be a Hibs first team player, sometimes life is difficult, but you have to deal with that, but what Yogi says is true, its all we have.

snooky
20-09-2010, 11:42 PM
:agree: Nish is one of a number of players not being played to their strengths.

Again today Yogi referred to him as a 'target man', which is not really where Nish's strengths lie.

Agreed. Kinda like what Blobby did with Gaz.
Basic common sense to play your players to their strengths.
B-a-s-i-c c-o-m-m-o-n s-e-n-s-e, ken. :coffee:

(((Fergus)))
21-09-2010, 07:16 AM
I feel sorry for Nish and I will never boo him during a game, but the facts are he aint good enough to be a Hibs first team player, sometimes life is difficult, but you have to deal with that, but what Yogi says is true, its all we have.

As you said, Nish is the best there is available at the moment. But personally, I'd rather see Nish working with another Hibs manager than Hughes working with another striker.

bighairyfaeleith
21-09-2010, 08:02 AM
As you said, Nish is the best there is available at the moment. But personally, I'd rather see Nish working with another Hibs manager than Hughes working with another striker.

Why the **** is there no nail on the head icon????

I would have used it here, and looked really witty and :cool2:

I agree though, we have a good squad which is being made to look really bad.

Saorsa
21-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Why the **** is there no nail on the head icon????

I would have used it here, and looked really witty and :cool2:

I agree though, we have a good squad which is being made to look really bad.:greengrin

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/Hammering_in.gif

Andy74
21-09-2010, 08:12 AM
I wouldnt pull that interview apart but there were things wrong with it because yet again he contradicts himself. He tries to have a go at slating the folk booing then quickly thinks it may not be the best thing to do so defends them by saying that he would boo a player off the field if he saw fit. You can see that he is trying to change as well. He started talking about having a laugh with Nish, went all serious about booing then talked about having a laugh again.

he slates the folk booing Nish then basically says that a good player can use it to his advantage refering to the Nish hatrick in the motherwell game.

IMo this is one of the signs that shows Yogi is weak at being a manager. Whether they are right or wrong he needs to stick to his beliefs and follow them through. if he thinks folk booing is bad say its bad, dont say its bad but I understand why they are doing it and I would do it myself if I saw fit

people have been saying for a while that yogi is trying to be all the players pals, but at times i think he is trying to be everyones pal and it makes him come across a bit silly at times.

That's a bit of a desperate attempt.

I read more of it in the Scotsman article this morning, he makes some good points about most of the comments he has made recently and they all make perfect sense.

I'd go as far as to say Hughes as far higher expectations than most on here because we seem to think we'll be okay with a couple of tactical changes whereas he still feels we are miles away from where he actually wants us to be.

rainman
21-09-2010, 08:22 AM

I read more of it in the Scotsman article this morning, he makes some good points about most of the comments he has made recently and they all make perfect sense.

I'd go as far as to say Hughes as far higher expectations than most on here because we seem to think we'll be okay with a couple of tactical changes whereas he still feels we are miles away from where he actually wants us to be.

I agree with that and also agree a couple of tactical changes or, another favourite, "get Riordan out of midfield and up front" isn't the answer.

We also might be miles away from where he wants us, but, with the squad we have and the money we've spent, ICT and Hamilton at home should be 2 wins. St Mirren away should be a win.

The problem isn't in the tactics or the lack of a Plan B. The players have no confidence and it's up to each of them, and the manager, and Rice, to get them up and playing well again.

The question is, why have they came into a fresh season with no confidence?

ahibby
21-09-2010, 08:28 AM
I have booed players in the past when I knew they have been capable of better and are not puting in a shift. The players on Saturday in the main put in their shift but from what I saw some were just not good enough. Yogi says we've got what we've got. Nish wasn't stand out bad on a team bad day and he tried hard so in my book he didn't deserve to be booed off. I am not sure it was the team who were booed at the end but the club in general for failing to put out a team that could compete effectively with Hamilton at home. It's just the same old isn't it. We had a good couple of patches over the past ten seasons but in between the club has appointed managers who will accept mediocre. The exception was maybe John Collins who walked because the board couldn't bring in the players he wanted. The supporters will walk too if they don't see the players they think the entry fee deserves.

Peevemor
21-09-2010, 08:32 AM
I have booed players in the past when I knew they have been capable of better and are not puting in a shift. The players on Saturday in the main put in their shift but from what I saw some were just not good enough. Yogi says we've got what we've got. Nish wasn't stand out bad on a team bad day and he tried hard so in my book he didn't deserve to be booed off. I am not sure it was the team who were booed at the end but the club in general for failing to put out a team that could compete effectively with Hamilton at home. It's just the same old isn't it. We had a good couple of patches over the past ten seasons but in between the club has appointed managers who will accept mediocre. The exception was maybe John Collins who walked because the board couldn't bring in the players he wanted. The supporters will walk too if they don't see the players they think the entry fee deserves.

Hibs couldn't afford some of the players he wanted, that's not the board's fault. That doesn't excuse the dross he did bring in.

BEEJ
21-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Hibs couldn't afford some of the players he wanted, that's not the board's fault.
If it's that simple, you're right. There was nothing the Board could have done about it.

However, the Mixu interview at the weekend suggests that it's not that simple.

bighairyfaeleith
21-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Does yogi not get something like 4.5 million a year for wages etc?

Or does this include non playing staff as well

What size of squad does this cover?

Am i right that it increased by 100k in the last year.

HFC 0-7
21-09-2010, 12:50 PM

Are you saying my post is a desperate attempt?

Under Hughes we have been going backwards from when he started in the job He has only sold one player in Stokes, he has decided to release the rest. we have brought in a stack of players and yet we still seem to be playing weekly both as a team and individually. If Yogi thinks we are miles away, most of that is because of him as he has had plenty of time to sign players and get the best out of the existing players. Its his decision to play Nish up front with tactics that most feel dont suit Nish. it is Yogi that is not addressing the fact we are playing narrower than ever on a wider pitch.

In regards to my original post I though he made himself sound a bit silly by almost condeming the fans booing, then saying he understands it and that he would do it himself if he thought the players are playing badly enough.