PDA

View Full Version : Voice of Reason?

aberhibsfc
20-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Someone wise once told me that there's three things in peoples lives which don't change through their lives, bank, religion and football club. He also told me a tale about two bulls, but that's a story for another time.

A football club for any football fan is an investment of emotion which transends time, health and money. For the non glory hunter it's a rollercoster ride of highs and lows, it's extreme sports for the average couch potato, support rewarded by the intermittant euphoria of highs such as the occaisional Cup success. Glory Hunter = Rangers / Jambo / Rangers circa 80's & 90's.

Allowing football lovers a bolt hole from house cleaning & shopping excursions. Congerating to enjoy such delicases as Pie & Broon sauce saturated with Bovril on a freezing winters day, and some of the worst farts I've had the misfortune to smell as a result. Whilst you can cut it with a knife it's got a warming ring to it.

Heart firmly ruling brain my emotional stock is lock and barrel with Hibs.

Never considered myself happy clapper nor a doom and gloomer, however I'm experiencing one of my bewildered moments.

I applaude the board for it's frugal approach combined with new training and stand facilities. I applaude Hughes for his spell 1st half last season and his non-emergency approach to player signings.

I feel like a compass with no direction at the moment, I'm blindly following my club in a bit of a daze not too sure where we're going next.

In summary It's not been helped by the release of players such as Benji then Stokes for a seemingly dismal fee and the release of Byrne on loan. The emergency contracts secured for loan players and a 1 year deal. Were we caught out by Bamba transfer not materialising and the board having to cash in on Stokes leaving not much time to replace. I also can't believe the manager would plan this so badly. I don't believe that the board would not have legislated appropriate finance for the building of the new stand, surely it couldn't have been on a whim.

I want Hibs to succeed, I want Hughes to succeed just as I wanted JC, Mixu, Mowbray, Sauzee, McLeish even Lexo. There's just a weird feeling with Hibs just now, it's not helped by Hughes comments in the press and that we don't feel confident going into any game just now. I don't think it helps to criticise fans and what seemed like a vieled dig at the boards financial support.

I truely hope that things are going to improve soon, otherwise I feel the boards hand is going to be forced and we will experience another annual management removal and replacement.

I have no insider knowledge and hope that this Hughes bullying tag doesn't exist, possibly it's the exagerrated rambling of a player that does need checked and rather than dealing with their own situation is levying the bullying as a get out of jail card.

The way Falkirk played against Rangers in the recent Scottish Cup final won me over regards Hughes, I just hope that he can instill this resolve with the Hibs team.

All said and done, I'll continue to live and breathe Hibs and just hope we are coming to the end of a poor run soon.

C'mon the Hibs.