PDA

View Full Version : View from afar on Yogis comment

Swindonfan
20-09-2010, 03:16 PM
When yogi says if you know anything about football you can see the problem. To me he is saying the players are crap. And if the players read it that way then hes lost the dressing room hasnt he. From afar it seems that there is no in fighting between fellow hibees. Thou i guess this goes on everywhere as we all have an opinion. I see Nish being taken off was cheered. I cant say ive ever rated him. I read fans saying he isnt a target man. He looks like one, hes big enough, but he doesnt seem to put the effort in when ive seen him play. Rankin is another i cant see any good in what so ever. I have never understood hibs recruitment policy. They have everything set up now, the training ground, the stadium, the pitch. But on it good players leave and players come in who to me are not fit to wear the shirt. I see hibs as a fantastic club to play for. Edinburgh is a fantastic city. Ok the spl isnt the greatest league, and i can only guess the wages paid in the SPL apart from the old firm are not high enough to entice some players there. Being here in the west of england, the Briistol teams are local rivals. So when you signed the rovers striker whos name ive forgotten i was amazed. As he hardly ever kicked a ball for rovers as he couldnt get in the team. This was supposed to be a guy to replace Stokes ? Here at Swindon we have signed Cuthbert, Ferry and Caddis in the last year. Cuthbert cost £100,000 and was immense for us last year. Ferry on loan last year was again brilliant for us. We only just got Caddis and he looks to small to play full back but shows alot of potential. Why were Hibs not in for these players ? Yeah i know you will say they are pish. Its been said by many why dont hibs look to sign the best of the SPL the old firm dont want. Ive said it before in league one down here there are some dam good players who would do a great job for Hibs. With the money brought in why are Hibs not spending some of that out ? At swindon our chairman buys young players for cash who he thinks will do well for us for a couple of years and then we wil see on. Like when we had simon cox for £250,000 we sold him after 18 months for 1.9 million. Why dont hibs look to do this. Also why dont hibs look to get EPL players in on loan ? We had Danny Ward from Bolton last year who did great for us. Hes now gone to Coventry on loan as is a step in the championship for him. If hibs have scouts where are they watching players ? I see with the striker Hibs have brought in thats 7 new players come in. Hart is injured i think, thou he has been for a long time anyway. Of the others are any of them any good ? I hate seeing Hibs stuggling. From afar the natives are not happy and who could blame them. From January to now its not been good. I thought Yogis passion for the club would move the club forward. But what he talks hardly ever seems to appear on the pitch. I am surprised when you gusy say that hibs have the best squad bar the old firm. I cant see that. If you start at the back who knows who the hibs no.1 is ? The goal keeping position doesnt seem to have been sorted yet, even with loads of keepers coming in and getting a go at it. In defense i think Big Sol is immense, amazed he didnt move in summer. Hope new guy is good as you lot slate Hogg. Murry seems to you guys to be to slow at left back, so grounds is in now i suppose. Right back with hart injured is maybe still up for improving. In midfield Millar has good game but when hes bad hes invisable to me. Thou i cant say i dont like him. Not seen enough of de graf as yet. Galbraith i wish would get a run in the team on the left just to see what he can do. But NEVER should he play left back. Still feel there are holes in the midfield. Still need that big bruiser to win it in the middle i think. Think some pace out wide to. As for upfront i think all clubs need to have a target man to hold the ball up and bring others into play. If you dont it just comes back at you. As said i hope new striker is a big guy who can move. From afar hibs fans are being short changed, they deserve better. I just hope now ground is complete and income will go to the team now to bring in players who are Hibs class, and not what they have at present. To me Yogi been in the job long enough to know what was needed. When you bring in a player that player must be better than you have. They must be players who will influence the team and therefore results. I can see the headline of " Hibs make bobo with Yogi" not that far off if result dont change asap.

truehibernian
20-09-2010, 03:35 PM
When yogi says if you know anything about football you can see the problem. To me he is saying the players are crap. And if the players read it that way then hes lost the dressing room hasnt he. From afar it seems that there is no in fighting between fellow hibees. Thou i guess this goes on everywhere as we all have an opinion. I see Nish being taken off was cheered. I cant say ive ever rated him. I read fans saying he isnt a target man. He looks like one, hes big enough, but he doesnt seem to put the effort in when ive seen him play. Rankin is another i cant see any good in what so ever. I have never understood hibs recruitment policy. They have everything set up now, the training ground, the stadium, the pitch. But on it good players leave and players come in who to me are not fit to wear the shirt. I see hibs as a fantastic club to play for. Edinburgh is a fantastic city. Ok the spl isnt the greatest league, and i can only guess the wages paid in the SPL apart from the old firm are not high enough to entice some players there. Being here in the west of england, the Briistol teams are local rivals. So when you signed the rovers striker whos name ive forgotten i was amazed. As he hardly ever kicked a ball for rovers as he couldnt get in the team. This was supposed to be a guy to replace Stokes ? Here at Swindon we have signed Cuthbert, Ferry and Caddis in the last year. Cuthbert cost £100,000 and was immense for us last year. Ferry on loan last year was again brilliant for us. We only just got Caddis and he looks to small to play full back but shows alot of potential. Why were Hibs not in for these players ? Yeah i know you will say they are pish. Its been said by many why dont hibs look to sign the best of the SPL the old firm dont want. Ive said it before in league one down here there are some dam good players who would do a great job for Hibs. With the money brought in why are Hibs not spending some of that out ? At swindon our chairman buys young players for cash who he thinks will do well for us for a couple of years and then we wil see on. Like when we had simon cox for £250,000 we sold him after 18 months for 1.9 million. Why dont hibs look to do this. Also why dont hibs look to get EPL players in on loan ? We had Danny Ward from Bolton last year who did great for us. Hes now gone to Coventry on loan as is a step in the championship for him. If hibs have scouts where are they watching players ? I see with the striker Hibs have brought in thats 7 new players come in. Hart is injured i think, thou he has been for a long time anyway. Of the others are any of them any good ? I hate seeing Hibs stuggling. From afar the natives are not happy and who could blame them. From January to now its not been good. I thought Yogis passion for the club would move the club forward. But what he talks hardly ever seems to appear on the pitch. I am surprised when you gusy say that hibs have the best squad bar the old firm. I cant see that. If you start at the back who knows who the hibs no.1 is ? The goal keeping position doesnt seem to have been sorted yet, even with loads of keepers coming in and getting a go at it. In defense i think Big Sol is immense, amazed he didnt move in summer. Hope new guy is good as you lot slate Hogg. Murry seems to you guys to be to slow at left back, so grounds is in now i suppose. Right back with hart injured is maybe still up for improving. In midfield Millar has good game but when hes bad hes invisable to me. Thou i cant say i dont like him. Not seen enough of de graf as yet. Galbraith i wish would get a run in the team on the left just to see what he can do. But NEVER should he play left back. Still feel there are holes in the midfield. Still need that big bruiser to win it in the middle i think. Think some pace out wide to. As for upfront i think all clubs need to have a target man to hold the ball up and bring others into play. If you dont it just comes back at you. As said i hope new striker is a big guy who can move. From afar hibs fans are being short changed, they deserve better. I just hope now ground is complete and income will go to the team now to bring in players who are Hibs class, and not what they have at present. To me Yogi been in the job long enough to know what was needed. When you bring in a player that player must be better than you have. They must be players who will influence the team and therefore results. I can see the headline of " Hibs make bobo with Yogi" not that far off if result dont change asap.

Superb post. :agree:

In relation to Hibs being in for players in the SPL (Caddis, Cuthbert, etc). The board have made it abundantly clear that they see this as not best use of generated income (transfer fees) and that the football player market, thanks to Bosman, is a liquid market and plentiful with players out of contract. They are now beyond speculating to accumulate and look to getting value for money. The English market, with four leagues, more TV money, and greater exposure, means that in England there is perhaps that greater degree of security in speculating (£100,000 or £250K transfer fees). Even in League One there is a split, with teams like Southampton, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday easily out bidding those at the lower end (smaller clubs, smaller crowds).

The emphasis at Hibernian was/is on youth, however even then I think we kinda got lucky in getting fees for players. At the time was GOC a £1.6 million pound player ? For me, at that time, no. But it set a benchmark. Mowbray had the young players playing with a freedom and an expressiveness. Yes that brought some hidings due to inexperience. But it brought some wonderful football and crowds back through the turnstiles. Hughes doesn't use, nor will he use, the youth policy. That is staring us in the face and I am so surprised it has not been mentioned, debated, or frowned upon by the media and fans. We have the set up, the infrastructure, and the fans. We don't have a manager who puts faith in youth or nurtures them properly. Byrne was "ready to go", as is/was Booth, as is Welsh and Currie. Trust me, Rankin, McBride and Stevenson are no better than these young guys. Young Handling and Caldwell are full of energy and zest. Put them in, put some noses out of joint, and see how they fare........we cannot be any worse. And the fans will give them a little bit more support and leeway than they would Nish and De Graff (I think).

Incidentally, players like Caddis and Cuthbert would have been on a similar wage to that of the higher earners at ER. Sadly even young/youth players at the OF earn a small fortune and are out of our radar money wise.

Lofarl
20-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Please use paragraphs. Makes it a right bugger to read.

Jim44
20-09-2010, 04:12 PM
"Being here in the west of england, the Briistol teams are local rivals. So when you signed the rovers striker whos name ive forgotten i was amazed. As he hardly ever kicked a ball for rovers as he couldnt get in the team. This was supposed to be a guy to replace Stokes ?"

One guy's opinion, ok, but I've heard a lot of comments like this. With the imminent/likely departure of Hughes, it's worrying that we might be lumbered with his 'fancies' like Duffy.

Cropley10
20-09-2010, 04:22 PM
"Being here in the west of england, the Briistol teams are local rivals. So when you signed the rovers striker whos name ive forgotten i was amazed. As he hardly ever kicked a ball for rovers as he couldnt get in the team. This was supposed to be a guy to replace Stokes ?"

One guy's opinion, ok, but I've heard a lot of comments like this. With the imminent/likely departure of Hughes, it's worrying that we might be lumbered with his 'fancies' like Duffy.

Perhaps why he and just about everyone else is out of contract at the end of the year...Duffy included.

Cropley10
20-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Superb post. :agree:

In relation to Hibs being in for players in the SPL (Caddis, Cuthbert, etc). The board have made it abundantly clear that they see this as not best use of generated income (transfer fees) and that the football player market, thanks to Bosman, is a liquid market and plentiful with players out of contract. They are now beyond speculating to accumulate and look to getting value for money. The English market, with four leagues, more TV money, and greater exposure, means that in England there is perhaps that greater degree of security in speculating (£100,000 or £250K transfer fees). Even in League One there is a split, with teams like Southampton, Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday easily out bidding those at the lower end (smaller clubs, smaller crowds).

The emphasis at Hibernian was/is on youth, however even then I think we kinda got lucky in getting fees for players. At the time was GOC a £1.6 million pound player ? For me, at that time, no. But it set a benchmark. Mowbray had the young players playing with a freedom and an expressiveness. Yes that brought some hidings due to inexperience. But it brought some wonderful football and crowds back through the turnstiles. Hughes doesn't use, nor will he use, the youth policy. That is staring us in the face and I am so surprised it has not been mentioned, debated, or frowned upon by the media and fans. We have the set up, the infrastructure, and the fans. We don't have a manager who puts faith in youth or nurtures them properly. Byrne was "ready to go", as is/was Booth, as is Welsh and Currie. Trust me, Rankin, McBride and Stevenson are no better than these young guys. Young Handling and Caldwell are full of energy and zest. Put them in, put some noses out of joint, and see how they fare........we cannot be any worse. And the fans will give them a little bit more support and leeway than they would Nish and De Graff (I think).

Incidentally, players like Caddis and Cuthbert would have been on a similar wage to that of the higher earners at ER. Sadly even young/youth players at the OF earn a small fortune and are out of our radar money wise.

What about Wotherspoon?:confused:

truehibernian
20-09-2010, 04:37 PM
One player does not mean using a youth policy IMHO. And on the subject of young David, my heart goes out to him. Here is a player who played as an attacking midfielder all his days in the youths and for Scotland. He was then introduced as a right back. Over time he was kind of found out (after admittedly a cracking start to his senior career). He has now, in just over a season, played right back, left midfield, right midfield, centre midfield, and just off the strikers. I am all for utility-like players, but you are wasting a talent by mucking the young lad about. Sometimes he is asked to play three positions in one game. Poor management which has led to a very noticeable dip in his form and confidence. He doesn't know whether he is coming or going.

Same with young Paul Hanlon, who Mixu introduced. One week left back, next centre half (next to a poor Hogg), then on the bench.

Byrne played three games I think, none up front. Either on the right flank or left flank, or just off the striker. None are his position (yet he set up the winner v Aberdeen).

Welsh has been blighted by injury and is a superb talent (voted young player of the year in the 19's double season).

Currie is excellent, has dig, has good touch, and is better than Stevenson and Rankin put together. Dare is say, he could be a right good holding player allowing Miller to get forward. Both Welsh and Currie have more tackling ability too. Currie whips in some superb crosses and free kicks, so I am astounded that he hasn't been given a sniff.

Booth is simply the best young player to come out of the club since Brown and Thomson. So mature beyond his years, fantastic first touch (a la Murphy) and great delivery/passing.

The only one's I am not in agreement with the masses is Moyes and Smith. Really not convinced either will push on and make it at Hibs. I would be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Hughes needs to go, or change his overall outlook (which won't happen) or we will never see these bright young talents shine for Hibs.

PS - young Handling looks a player too. Get along and watch the 19's if you can. He is a cracking player :agree:

basehibby
20-09-2010, 05:11 PM
What about Wotherspoon?:confused:

And what about Hanlon :confused: